The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Official NHL 13 Thread

Erik Karlsson

Healthy hawks/sjs are the best team in versus.

Stalberg-Toews-Hossa (Stalberg is beast, Toews and Hossa are strong on their skates with speed and skill)

Sharp-Bolland-Kane (Sharp has a wicked shot, Kane is shifty as hell and Bolland is great at D and can skate)

Saad-Frolik-Bickell (Frolik is very good, Bickell is tough to knock down, and Saad is decent)

Shaw-Kruger-Bollig (I barely play 4th lines, 1-2 mins max per game, endurance is broken)

Keith-Leddy (speedy pairing, can keep up with anyone)

Oduya-Seabrook (shutdown pairing, Oduya with speed and Seabrook with size)

Hjalmarsson-Rozsival (nice all-around mobile pairing)

Crawford (can get the job done with good defense)

Marleau-Couture-Torres (Marleau is a top 3 LW in the game. Couture is a poor mans Toews and Torres for garbage goals)

Galiardi-Thornton-Havlat (Joe is great for down low cycle, give him two speedy guys in Gally and Havlat)

Gomez-Pavelski-Burns (Gomez can skate really well and pass, Pavelski is fast too, and Burns is speedy with size)

Desjardins-Wingels-Burish (once again, I don't play 4th lines, but make sure Wingels is C, hes good at faceoffs)

Irwin-Boyle (Irwin sucks, but Boyle is an all-around stud)

Stuart-Vlasic (reliable mobile shut-down pairing)

Tennyson-Hannan (ugh...)

Niemi (can get the job done)

They really need Braun and Demers in the defense.

I like Florida. Pisses off the opponent when they win, and gives you a open gate to trash talk them to death.

Huberdeau - Weiss - Versteeg (Very small skilled line. Score on the rush, because cycling won't cut it)

Fleischmann - Goc - Kopecky (Goc's job is too win faceoffs. Flash carrys this line hard, Kopecky has to bury the passes he gets)

Bergenheim - Matthias - Mueller (Nice shut-down line, speed, size and skill)

Upshall - Shore - Parros (Upshall can jump upto the top 9 if someone ain't cutting it)

Campbell-Kuba (Nice all-around pairing. Campbell is blessed with insane speed and Kuba with physical gifts)

Kulikov-Jovanovski (A lesser version of the top pairing basically. Kulikov bit more grittier then Campbell tho)

Gudbranson-Weaver (The big slow physical shut-down defenseman and the small speedy shutdown defenseman. It works)

Markstrom (ALOT better then his 76 overall indicates)

Overall are soooo misleading, never go by them.

For example:

In my forth year playing BAP I was checking the scoring leaders and Cory Conacher had 34 points in 13 games, he had an 85 overall but his stats are crazy, he had really crappy defense and physical stats by he had ridiculous shooting, puck skills and senses. Like he had 97 off. awareness, all 95's in shooting, 97 deking 95 hand eye, stuff like that.

So don't always look only at the overalls.

Poke check while moving back when they are rushing at you works alot.

My strategies are:

Weakside lock

1-2-2 Red

Collapsing

Passive box

Normal

Umbrella

Line 1:Behind the net

Line 2:Behind the net

Line 3: Overload

Line 4:Crash the net

Line 1:Pinch 85%, Shoot 70%