The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Official NHL 13 Thread

Erik Karlsson

Been a while since I played this file, thought I'd dust it off.

October 1, 2020

N. Mackinnon (86) - T. Crunk (86) - A. Galchenyuk (87)

B. Gaunce (87) - R. Kesler (88) - K. Belle (82)

G. Wilson (79) - T. Olstad (80) - N. Jensen (81)

L. Sutter (78) - L. Korpikoski (79) - G. Boucher (79)

D. Hamilton (87) - J. Morrissey (88)

A. Edler (88) - C. Fowler (85)

L. Bystrom (80) - T. Andersson (83)

J. Patterson (95)

J. Binnington (76)

Top Prospects:

P. Hock, F (78, 3.5*)

T. Hertl, F (77, 3.5*)

J. McCardle, D (75, 3.5*)

A. Madigozhin, F (64, 3.5*)

R. Puustinen, F (59, 3.5*)

Sold Kessel for 37.5K, bought Kronwall for 13.5K, Eriksson for 11.5K, and Backtrom (the goaltender) for 9K. Pretty good trade off -- 1 impact player for 3 impact players in each position. Now I'm looking to improve my second line left winger and centre. Any suggestions? I was thinking of a power forward like Booth.

Krejci ~ Grabovski ~ Eriksson ©

A. Kostitsyn ~ Legwand ~ Hornqvist

Fisher ~ Bolland ~ Erat

Korpikoski ~ Weiss ~ Stalberg

Hamhuis ~ Kronwall (a)

Timonen (a) ~ Carle

Hedman ~ Girardi

Backstrom

So here's my situation:

GMC mode, 2 years. Past the deadline in year one, I'm officially out of the playoffs. I've got a lot of 4-4.5 star guys I want to be semi-ready for next year, would it be better for me to leave them in the AHL/CHL or call them up for this last stretch? In talking about guys like Dougie Hamilton and Jared Tinordi (68 OVR), Richard Panik, and others that I don't know the overalls of. If I play them top 4/top 6, will they develop better this offseason?

So here's my situation:

GMC mode, 2 years. Past the deadline in year one, I'm officially out of the playoffs. I've got a lot of 4-4.5 star guys I want to be semi-ready for next year, would it be better for me to leave them in the AHL/CHL or call them up for this last stretch? In talking about guys like Dougie Hamilton and Jared Tinordi (68 OVR), Richard Panik, and others that I don't know the overalls of. If I play them top 4/top 6, will they develop better this offseason?

2016 Draft Overview

Round/Overall

1/1: F Lucas Neff (4.5 Gold)

1/2: F Gene Alcock (4 Gold)

1/5: D Cameron Postma (4 Gold)

1/10: D Spencer Kato (4 Gold)

Not a bad draft as I got a 4.5 Gold Player who became 82 overall and made the team right out of the draft.

Made lots of offseason moves again. Signed Pulock [89] for 8 years at 6.5, which is amazing considering that most elite defensemen want 8+M nowadays. Last year was the offseason of signings; this year was the offseason of trades. Made many blockbusters this offseason.

Traded away Patrick Kane, Phil Kessel, Adam Laarson, Jack Johnson, and Hunter Shinkaruk. I traded Kane and Kessel away because they hit white stars and did not have any room to grow anymore, and I got back younger studs in Jonathon Huberdeau and Nathan MacKinnon. Had to trade away Adam Larsson and Jack Johnson because I had too many star defensemen. Would have had 5 86+ D, 1 85, and 2 83 if I kept Larsson and Johnson. Johnson I would have liked to trade but he was easily the most expendable due to his hitting white stars and capping off at 85 overall. Larsson just didn't fit on our team, he was 85 overall playing 3rd pairing minutes, and he dropped to 83 so I traded him before he dropped further.

Your 2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets:

Jonathan Huberdeau [89] - Mikael Granlund [85] - Sven Baertschi [87]

Nathan MacKinnon [85] - Cole Hawes [82] - Nail Yakupov [86]

Sam Reinhart [81] - Lucas Neff [82] - Emerson Etem [81]

Alex Galchenyuk [75] - Yves Brodeur [80] - Tyler Toffoli [79]

Morgan Rielly [86] - Ryan Pulock [89]

Ryan Murray [86] - Dougie Hamilton [86]

Radoslav Kaspar [83] - Aaron Ekblad [86]

Jack Campbell [82]

Tristan Jarry [80]

Springfield Falcons

Forwards

Radek Faksa [73] (4.5 Gold)

Joel Armia [73] (4 Gold)

John Westin [74] (3.5 Red)

Brendan Gaunce [69] (4 Gold)

Jusso Ikonen [68] (3.5 Gold)

Ruslan Perezhogin [69] (3.5 Gold)

Teuvo Teravainen [67] (3.5 Gold)

Branden Troock [67] (3.5 Gold)

Anthony Duclair [62] (4 Gold)

Joakim Nordstrom [76] (3.5 Gold)

Gene Alcock [72] (4 Gold)

Charles Hudon [65] (4 Red)

Coda Gordon [63] (3.5 Gold)

Defensemen

Griffin Reinhart [71] (4.5 Gold)

Pavel Markov [66] (4.5 Gold)

Ryan Culkin [66] (3.5 Gold)

Cameron Postma [65] (4 Gold)

Spencer Kato [60] (4 Gold)

Arturri Lehkonen [56] (3.5 Gold)

Goaltenders

Malcolm Subban [71] (4.5 Gold)

Brandon Whitney [70] (3.5 Gold)

Sebastien Auger [65] (4 Green)

Mackenzie Skapski [64] (4 Gold)

Player Progression wise, most of my players, NHL and AHL jumped up 3-5 overalls. The most notable player was G Tristan Jarry, who managed to jump up 15 overalls to take over Malcolm Subban as the backup on the NHL team! Next highest jump was 5 overalls LOL....

Last season I went an incredible 52-27-3, placing second in the league and 1st in the West, except I failed miserably in the first round, falling down 3-1 and losing in 7 games. This season I think our team took a step forward defensively and may have taken a hit offensively but we also jumped a lot goaltending wise. Our offense is 5 star right now, defense 4.5 stars and goaltending 4 star. With this team I am expecting at least 50 wins this season.

2017 Draft Overview

Round/Overall

1/1: F Justin Valk (4 Gold)

Not too bad of a draft, once again had the first overall pick for the 5th year in a row, and Valk could be returned to juniors

Had to re-sign Mikael Granlund [89], Sam Reinhart [85] and Emerson Etem [84]. Signed Granlund 5 years at 8M, Reinhart 5 years at 6M and Etem 7 years at 6.5M. Not too bad but I would have liked to sign them around 5M like Pulock or around 3-4M like Rielly, Hamilton, and Murray

Traded away the 3rd overall pick because there wasn't anybody that really interested me in the draft, got Hunter Shinkaruk back :). Got a 4.5 star player for the third overall pick which would have only given me a 3.5 star player.

Your 2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets:

Jonathan Huberdeau [89] - Mikael Granlund [89] - Sven Baertschi [87]

Sam Reinhart [85] - Nathan MacKinnon [87] - Nail Yakupov [87]

Cole Hawes [82] - Lucas Neff [84] - Emerson Etem [84]

Yves Brodeur [81] - Joakim Nordstrom [81] - Tyler Toffoli [81]

Morgan Rielly [87] - Ryan Pulock [89]

Ryan Murray [88] - Dougie Hamilton [86]

Radoslav Kaspar [83] - Aaron Ekblad [85]

Jack Campbell [84]

Tristan Jarry [85]

Springfield Falcons

Forwards

Radek Faksa [77] (4.5 Gold)

Joel Armia [78] (4 Gold)

John Westin [77] (3.5 Red)

Brendan Gaunce [72] (4 Gold)

Jusso Ikonen [71] (3.5 Gold)

Ruslan Perezhogin [72] (3.5 Gold)

Teuvo Teravainen [70] (3.5 Gold)

Branden Troock [71] (3.5 Gold)

Anthony Duclair [65] (4 Gold)

Alex Galchenyuk [77] (4.5 Gold)

Gene Alcock [73] (4 Gold)

Charles Hudon [68] (4 Red)

Hunter Shinkaruk [74] (4.5 Gold)

Defensemen

Griffin Reinhart [74] (4.5 Gold)

Pavel Markov [70] (4.5 Gold)

Ryan Culkin [70] (3.5 Gold)

Cameron Postma [67] (4 Gold)

Spencer Kato [63] (4 Gold)

Tyler Wotherspoon [71] (3 Gold)

Goaltenders

Malcolm Subban [75] (4.5 Gold)

Brandon Whitney [74] (3.5 Gold)

Sebastien Auger [70] (4 Green)

Really like how all of my prospects in the AHL jumped up between 3-5 overalls. This shows me that they seem to be developing well.

Last season I went an incredible 56-27-3, placing second in the league and 4th in the west with 115 points!!! You would think 115 points is enough to win the presidents, but no Nashville got 116 points. Frick. Once again though, I failed miserably in the first round, winning the first two then losing four straight, dropping round 1 in 6 games. Our team seems to have improved all around. Our offense is 5 star right now, defense 4.5 stars and goaltending 4.5 star. With this team I am expecting at least 50 wins this season.

Ryan Pulock won the Norris trophy, Nathan MacKinnon won the Calder trophy and Jonathon Huberdeau won the Lady Byng!

I better win the Presidents Trophy this year and make it to the second round

Archived