The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Official NHL 13 Thread

Erik Karlsson

Lol, that's exactly what it is. Been getting every EA game for 20 bucks for the past couple of years because my friends family member works at the headquarters. Pretty cool cuz I got to go inside 3 or 4 times and look around the building an the different sports fields they have outside.

October 1, 2015

Canucks roster:

D. Sedin (91) - R. Kesler (88) - R. Nash (88)

N. Horton (84) - B. Gaunce (87) - A. Galchenyuk (83)

C. Higgins (82) - J. Stoll (80) - V. Stalberg (81)

C. Greening (75) - P. Regin (76) - J. Hansen (79)

A. Edler (88) - J. Morrissey (87)

D. Hamhuis (88) - C. Barker (84)

K. Bieksa (83) - M. Stuart (80)

C. Schneider (84)

D. Tokarski (75)

Top Prospects:

J. Patterson, G (65, 5.0*)

D. Hamilton, D (74, 4.5*)

T. Crunk, LW (63, 4.0*)

N. Jensen, RW (71, 4.0*)

L. Bystrom, D (76, 3.5*)

J. Juvonen, G (73, 3.5*)

I just got Luongo in a Mega pack...The last few days the packs are giving MUCH better cards. My buddy got some solid cards last night too.

The game has some balancing issues, Goalies are almost unstoppable bricks once they reach the 90 overall level. The AI is damn near unstoppable.

Take my GM Mode Playoff Against the Rangers

2-1 -. OT Win

0-3 - L

1-0 OT L

3-2 - L

2-1 W

1-0 W

2-1 OT W

Here's the freaky part I out shot the Rangers 3-1 in most of those games (the last game, it took me 16 shots to score a goal. While the Rangers scored in some weird backhand against my goalie (Halak) on their 4th or 5th shot right after. My 1-0 loss was OT where I had like 13 shots in OT while the Rangers had like 3 or 4 but scored. Any my shots vary from close shots, one timers, rebounds, and breakaways. The Rangers get goals by cheap backhands, or horizontal shots that some how make it on goal, or wrist shots from the blue line.

I also had a hard time vs an AI Controlled Ryan Miller. But when it's other top goalies in the high 80's (i.e Flurey, Luongo, Ward) I am able to score 4 to 5 goals per game most of the time.

I really think the game overpowers Goalies that reach the 90 overall. Either that or the game somehow raises the difficultly significantly late in the season/post season.

My ultimate team after an amateur playoff championship:

Vanek - Bergeron - Horton

Hartnell - Gretzky - Voracek

Glencross - Bolland - Simmonds

Raymond - Stoll - Brouwer

Hamhuis - Letang

Del Zotto - Staal

Bouwmeester - Carlson

Backstrom

Berneir

The game has some balancing issues, Goalies are almost unstoppable bricks once they reach the 90 overall level. The AI is damn near unstoppable.

I also had a hard time vs an AI Controlled Ryan Miller. But when it's other top goalies in the high 80's (i.e Flurey, Luongo, Ward) I am able to score 4 to 5 goals per game most of the time.

I really think the game overpowers Goalies that reach the 90 overall. Either that or the game somehow raises the difficultly significantly late in the season/post season.

Archived