The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

It would be funny if they book Nexus vs. The Shield at Wrestlemania.

Of course, The Shield would have to add more members and one of the group has to turn face, preferably Nexus.

Barrett, Ryback, Otunga, Gabriel, Slater and Daniels vs. Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Richie Steamboat, Bo Dallas, Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed from TNA)

And your failure to understand logic never ceases to amaze me.

What is the WWE? Is it a place for the best athletes to entertain a crowd? Is it a place where the most talented individuals get the best treatment?

No. Like the NHL and all other forms of sporting entertainment, it's just a business.

Of course to anyone with half a brain that should be obvious. If you manage to understand that statement then you should understand that in order, the main priorities of the WWE are :

1) Ratings

2) Merchandise Sales

3) Sponsorships

4) Arena ticket Revenue.

5) Advertising Revenue

--------

6) Finding the poster boy

7) Drawing ing NEW FANS

7) Storylines

8) Finding appropriate talent for mid carders

9) Developmental System

10) Pleasing old Fans

Surprised? You shouldn't be.

If I were Vince McMahon, you think I would care what the IWC cares about the product he is puting out? How much money have you spent the last year on WWE merchandise? the answer is probably insignificant enough for your opinion to matter to them.

Oh sure, you guys can bitch and complain about "Supercena" all you want, but the fact is untill Ryback or anyone else who doesn't have a Pepsi Tatoo on his shoulder turns into his guy, John Cena will be the most profitable and marketable thing the WWE has.

Who do you suggest Ziggler face to get the reaction he did last night? The undertaker might be the only other active guy to get Ziggler that Over.

The fact is, in 10 - 15 years, you are no longer the targer audience. Your children are, and their children, and their children. This will always be the case unless another company challenges the WWE, like WCW does, when that happens, then the in ring product becomes the number one priority, as everything else will follow.

This logic is why you see guys like Alberto Del Rio Jobbing, they don't sell. Apparently Sheamus and John Cena do, regardless of their ability. Like I mentioned above, the WWE is trying to gain new fans, not keep old one's, because they know people like you will complain about the product but will still watch.

The Average fans wants to cheer the stereotypical wrestler and the guy with the biggest "heart". They also don't care about womens wrestling and just want to watch hot chicks in the ring.

Sorry, but this is the truth

I get what you're talking about, but I don't work for the company. Because I don't work for the company, I don't give half a crap about what works for their target audience (children). I talk about what I want to see, and probably the rest of the IWC wants to see. I wouldn't be happy if Cena won against Ziggler because that's not what I want to see. No real fan would say, "Oh, great. The kids love Cena so it's good he won. :)" For some reason, you think of the company from the business point of view as if you're Vince McMahon. Sorry, bud, I don't do that very often. And Ziggler vs Undertaker? LOL

Ps: I've bought hundreds of dollars of merch this year. ;)

It would be funny if they book Nexus vs. The Shield at Wrestlemania.

Of course, The Shield would have to add more members and one of the group has to turn face, preferably Nexus.

Barrett, Ryback, Otunga, Gabriel, Slater and Daniels vs. Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Richie Steamboat, Bo Dallas, Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed from TNA)

It would be awesome I think. Nexus would be the face. The Shield exact same as Nexus. Easy to do a storyline for Nexus to reform saying the Shield is crap and are copying them.

I didn't watch Raw, but apparently Del Rio turned heel again after that. :lol:

i have no idea what they're doing with him. i mean, for comedic purposes, the main event 10/10

when del rio pulled out a teddy bear as a weapon, i just lost it. and rodriguez's antics in that match, just awesome. i dont care what wrestling purists crap on that match, it was entertaining

Edited by Olias

I'm now just a casual viewer, I sorta flip around and I'll maybe stop on The Score if Raw's on once in a while.

But this "Ryback" guy? Is this not Goldberg 2.0? Again, I'm not really up to date so it's a serious question. And how is that Damian Sandow doing? Thought this guy had amazing heel potential.

Also also, what is The Shield that everyone's mentioning?

I'm now just a casual viewer, I sorta flip around and I'll maybe stop on The Score if Raw's on once in a while.

But this "Ryback" guy? Is this not Goldberg 2.0? Again, I'm not really up to date so it's a serious question. And how is that Damian Sandow doing? Thought this guy had amazing heel potential.

Also also, what is The Shield that everyone's mentioning?

Yes, Ryback is pretty much Goldberg 2.0. The fans chant "Goldberg" at him all the time. He never cleanly loses. If he loses, it's not clean, or he's on a team and someone else gets pinned. Damien Sandow is doing really well. He's probably the only thing I look forward to in wrestling these days. And The Shield is a team comprised of Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns. They basically just attack random faces at random times, claiming they are bringing justice to the WWE.

to the dismay of people, i'm going to compare aces & 8's to the shield

at least the thing about the shield... WWE at least got to the point of who they are and what their motives are. they attack ryback because he's randomly pushed to main event status against CM punk, who's beaten everyone and was the champ for a full year. the "justice" angle is just that. they're a bunch of young guys who went through the indies, blah blah, paid their dues from that to WWE's camp program and they want to make a name for themselves. they don't wear masks, we all know who they are and, after TLC, these guys can all work. they all worked together in a great match. no sucky backstage, you know, b-rated cop interrogation bits of who they are, and what do you guys want, they made their motives known right away and that's how you get behind a faction; you know who they are and you know what they're doing... most importantly, how well can these guys work. watch TLC

whereas TNA let aces & 8's get stale to the point... no one cared anymore. they dragged that thing on way too long and last i heard aces and 8's did a bit where they had strippers and all this garbage. attitude era is gone people. it's not coming back. and i guess tna is trying that route because they're on a cable network barely anyone watches, cateriing to people who prefer to live in the past

Edited by Olias

Olias to be honest with you I watch TNA just about as much as I do WWE, and I agree with you completely...TNA had a good angle going with Aces & Eights...but have let it get stale. I continue to watch TNA because a lot of my favorite wrestlers are there now, Dudley Boyz, RVD, Sting, Austin Aries, Jeff Hardy...there are a lot of old school fans like me, who were big fans of the WCW and ECW, that would much rather watch some actual wrestling from time to time...instead of love triangles, rectangles, pentangles whatever the hell that thing with AJ was...and to be honest every time Vickie Guerrero starts talking on RAW I have to change the channel. I can't stand that woman.

Edited by Munchie Marauder

Olias to be honest with you I watch TNA just about as much as I do WWE, and I agree with you completely...TNA had a good angle going with Aces & Eights...but have let it get stale. I continue to watch TNA because a lot of my favorite wrestlers are there now, Dudley Boyz, RVD, Sting, Austin Aries, Jeff Hardy...there are a lot of old school fans like me, who were big fans of the WCW and ECW, that would much rather watch some actual wrestling from time to time...instead of love triangles, rectangles, pentangles whatever the hell that thing with AJ was...and to be honest every time Vickie Guerrero starts talking on RAW I have to change the channel. I can't stand that woman.

That AJ Styles and Dixie Carter love thing was pretty damn lame.

Well at least some people here watch TNA. I think the Aces and Eights fell through because they took out way too many big stars all at once and resulted in no one really caring anymore. Hopefully Anderson being added to the Aces and Eights can spurt some new life into the angle before ending it. Would've made much more sense to have Bobby Roode running the whole thing right from the start tbh. Although, it may have dragged Roode down who's had arguably the best year in professional wrestling. I'm looking forward to Roode/Aries/Hardy. Something about Hardy giving zero fracks about his body excites me. RVD as X-Champ has been meh but he's a fairly big name so he brings credibility to the title. Nobody knows where they are going with Joe, Angle, and Storm which is fairly disappointing. What I do like is that the knockouts matches are actually pretty good. I see the Genesis card ending up like this:

World Heavyweight Championship Match:

Jeff Hardy vs Bobby Roode vs Austin Aries

Christopher Daniels vs James Storm

Sting vs DOC

Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Bully Ray vs Mr Anderson, Devon, Masked Armbreaker

X-Division Championship Match:

Rob Van Dam vs Kenny King

World Tag Team Championship Match:

Chavo and Hernandez vs Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan

Knockouts Championship Match

Tara vs Velvet Sky

Edited by TheHitman

Latest rumour is that Rock is pretty much for sure going to win the title at the RR against Punk then lose it at Elimination chamber cause he's going to be so busy with movies in 2013 he won't have time for WM29. Also Ryback is going to win the RR match so I guess he will face whoever wins the title at EC at WM29. But who knows how true these rumours are

Edited by Primus099

Latest rumour is that Rock is pretty much for sure going to win the title at the RR against Punk then lose it at Elimination chamber cause he's going to be so busy with movies in 2013 he won't have time for WM29. Also Ryback is going to win the RR match so I guess he will face whoever wins the title at EC at WM29. But who knows how true these rumours are

I'd almost rather see Ryback in the Elimination Chamber match....be the last man in and just competely destroy the guys in the ring when he enters.

I'd almost rather see Ryback in the Elimination Chamber match....be the last man in and just competely destroy the guys in the ring when he enters.

That's pretty much exactly what Goldberg did lol except he wasn't the last guy in, I think they're trying to get away from the Goldberg comparisons with Ryback

Edited by Primus099