The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Latest rumour is that Rock is pretty much for sure going to win the title at the RR against Punk then lose it at Elimination chamber cause he's going to be so busy with movies in 2013 he won't have time for WM29. Also Ryback is going to win the RR match so I guess he will face whoever wins the title at EC at WM29. But who knows how true these rumours are

Rock, Brock, Cena, Punk, Ryback, and someone else in the chamber. :o

cena's always been really good on the mic. some cena haters really fail to see that. he may be cookie cutter in the ring but on the mic, he's nearly untouchable

Not really.

For every 1 good promo he does, there's always 5 really lame ones. Anyone could be a good talker, if they "break the forth wall" and not get in trouble for it. There are plenty of guys who are better talker than Cena, who never gets TV time because they aren't entertaining to little kids, like JTG, him mentioning Ryback having pink eye was golden. Barrett is another guy who can put out a killer promo, same with Kane.

cena's always been really good on the mic. some cena haters really fail to see that. he may be cookie cutter in the ring but on the mic, he's nearly untouchable

Completely disagree and I am someone who tries to defend Cena as much as I can. His promos that make him happy go lucky are freaking terrible.

Tonight was good though. He cam across as serious and even his happy go lucky mood was toned down.

Lawler was so annoying tonight though. The guy is a terrible color guy and they need to replace him. I know some of you may think that this sounds cruel as he had a heart attack a couple months ago but it doesnt matter. If you suck, you suck. He was especially annoying during the team hell no vs 3 MB match. i KNOW IT IS A COMEDY MATCH BUT TAKE it seriously for crying it out loud. All he was concerned with was trying to be funny and putting himself over. Also during the Kofi Kingston Wade Barret match, he was so dumb for saying Barret goaded Kingston to choose him as opponent due to Kingstons cockiness or whatever have you.Cole had to say 4-5 or five times that the reason Kingston chose Barret was because of his competitive nature rather than some cockiness or whatever have you. You know McMahon was in Coles ear for the match. The worst part was Lawler still felt the need to argue with Cole.

Seriously, what a terrible color guy. He needs to go and they should have JBL as the color guy on both shows, JBL is a prick but at least he knows that he needs to put talent over.

Edited by canuckbeliever

Not really.

For every 1 good promo he does, there's always 5 really lame ones. Anyone could be a good talker, if they "break the forth wall" and not get in trouble for it. There are plenty of guys who are better talker than Cena, who never gets TV time because they aren't entertaining to little kids, like JTG, him mentioning Ryback having pink eye was golden. Barrett is another guy who can put out a killer promo, same with Kane.

i can agree. cena, at times, can have some really, g-rated, pathetic, forgettable moments, like last week with his match/segments against del rio and the whole santa claus deal, but you can't deny that his promos have delivery

Completely disagree and I am someone who tries to defend Cena as much as I can. His promos that make him happy go lucky are freaking terrible.

Tonight was good though. He cam across as serious and even his happy go lucky mood was toned down.

Lawler was so annoying tonight though. The guy is a terrible color guy and they need to replace him. I know some of you may think that this sounds cruel as he had a heart attach a couple months ago but it doesnt matter. If you suck, you suck. He was especially annoying during the team hell no vs 3 MB match. i KNOW IT IS A COMEDY MATCH BUT TAKE it seriously for crying it out loud. All he was concerned with was trying to be funny and putting himself over. Also during the Kofi Kingston Wade Barret match, he was so dumb for saying Barret goaded Kingston to choose him as opponent due to Kingstons cockiness or whatever have you.Cole had to say 4-5 or five times that the reason Kingston chose Barret was because of his competitive nature rather than some cockiness or whatever have you. You know McMahon was in Coles ear for the match. The worst part was Lawler still felt the need to argue with Cole.

Seriously, what a terrible color guy. He needs to go and they should have JBL as the color guy on both shows, JBL is a prick but at least he knows that he needs to put talent over.

the thing with his promo tonight, it was just the intensity he had. that's his selling point. that's what makes john cena who he is. he can be a nerd most of the time, yeah, but when it's crunch time, he can own anyone on the mic. i'm not the biggest cena fan, i've said this many times, but he's been in the business a long time, he's paid his dues, he's been beat up, like you're supposed to.

i actually gained utmost respect for cena after JBL roughed him up years ago, and JBL is known for roughing people up. i always hated cena for the pushes he as given, but looking back at what he's been through, it's some-what deserved. i dont agree with the 10-11 championship reigns, but you can also argue that was when we was trying to find the next break out star.

triple h had his run... him putting over randy and batista was nice and all, but his golden years was his feud with shawn michaels. shawn sold HHH as the top guy, imo. one of the best feuds of all time. up there with bret and austin-- at least for as long as i've been watching the product

but you can't deny cena has paid his dues, and deserves to be where he is.

when he first started out, watch that one match he had with kurt angle. kurt made him look good, i know that, but we all saw, yea john cena can actually wrestle.

then his match against lesnar. he got pretty beat up, i can't really remember but i think lesnar actually just busted him open the hard way, and seeing blood in a modern day wwe match is pretty rare, especially lesnar just elbowing the crap balls out of him

now, the thing with JTG-- he says one thing on twitter and everyone is just an instant fan of him. i don't get that. i liked cryme tyme, back when they were relevant , but even shad has moved on and has nothing bad to say about anything that happened. however he alluded to cenas politics, which really just makes you wonder, who is john cena? a company guy or just a paranoid dude who plays politics to stay on top? because he's been around around long enough to be "one of the boys"

also, i forgot, that lawler phoned it in many years ago. he really doesn't care anymore

Ah geez can you give Lawler a break man...he had a heart attack for crying out loud...on the air..made a full recovery and has been one of the most loyal employees that company has ever had...he and JR...anybody who suffers a heart attack while at his post and who still comes back to do his job, even if you see it as "phoning it in" Lawler most certainly DOES care...or he wouldn't be doing it anymore.

Wade Barrett does not suck, he's one of the best talkers in the WWE. They just don't know how to use him right, and kind of buried him when they kicked him out the Nexus.

I remember reading that he was pegged to go against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.