The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Yeah but Bryan isn't Austin. You see guys like that in the business right now who can have a shade to grey character & it can work, like Aries, Styles, Punk, exc. But Bryan isn't one of those guys.

The focus of it now has been HHH, Big show rebelling, & Bryan getting beat down every week.

That why I bring up Sandow & Ziggler, cause you could build them up, aswell as Bryan with this storyline. But its just in the wrong place.

I think in general WWE needs to start building up the belts cause none of them mean anything other than the WWE title, and even that is kinda tainted for the opposite reasons.

I know he's not, I'm just saying I think that's what they're going for. I like it personally. It hasn't been as bad as what they do with guys like say...Big Show. Where he goes from being a teddy bear, to a monster, back to a teddy bear.

I think they're building up to that (At least I hope) we know Cody is going to come back and be pissed. Ziggler has been screwed over a few times now. Big Show is pissed. If they build it up to where it looks like Corporation is just going to beat down everyone each week and THEN everyone fights back, It's a much bigger impact.

Corporation is beating down Bryan yet again, and then Cody, Ziggler, Show (And whoever else at this point) run in and take out the Corporation. Crowd goes nuts, everyone's pumped. It would be aweomse. But that only happens if the Corporation looks like they're untouchable.

Triple H needs to be on it a ton, because we need to hate him, (And not just us. I'm talking about the average fan / little kid) and it's working.

I really have faith that this will work out in the end. With Cena FINALLY out of the picture for now. They need to take this opportunity to build up young guys, and they will. They just need to do it slowly.

Edit: As for the titles. I totally agree with you

WWE and WHC should merge

IC and US should merge

Edited by Guest

I know he's not, I'm just saying I think that's what they're going for. I like it personally. It hasn't been as bad as what they do with guys like say...Big Show. Where he goes from being a teddy bear, to a monster, back to a teddy bear.

I think they're building up to that (At least I hope) we know Cody is going to come back and be pissed. Ziggler has been screwed over a few times now. Big Show is pissed. If they build it up to where it looks like Corporation is just going to beat down everyone each week and THEN everyone fights back, It's a much bigger impact.

Corporation is beating down Bryan yet again, and then Cody, Ziggler, Show (And whoever else at this point) run in and take out the Corporation. Crowd goes nuts, everyone's pumped. It would be aweomse. But that only happens if the Corporation looks like they're untouchable.

Triple H needs to be on it a ton, because we need to hate him, (And not just us. I'm talking about the average fan / little kid) and it's working.

I really have faith that this will work out in the end. With Cena FINALLY out of the picture for now. They need to take this opportunity to build up young guys, and they will. They just need to do it slowly.

Edit: As for the titles. I totally agree with you

WWE and WHC should merge

IC and US should merge

Yeah I'm not giving up on it, maybe in the end they will use this to build up Cody & Ziggler, which would be great, and it would serve its purpose as a storyline. So I'm all for that I agree.

Now we just need to get some instant gratification on TV, some entertainment, cause WWE is falling into this thing especially now where they just use the show to build up the storyline slowly, and it makes the show very boring. So hopefully they can throw something else together thats entertaining aside from just this storyline, like some good midcard wrestling next week. That would be nice, and I think would give there fans some more patience because, hey we saw some good wrestling to tie us over, and we know there will be payoff in the end with the storyline.

Which is where the titles play into that too, cause they really mean nothing, and that needs to change.

Now we just need to get some instant gratification on TV, some entertainment, cause WWE is falling into this thing especially now where they just use the show to build up the storyline slowly, and it makes the show very boring. So hopefully they can throw something else together thats entertaining aside from just this storyline, like some good midcard wrestling next week. That would be nice, and I think would give there fans some more patience because, hey we saw some good wrestling to tie us over, and we know there will be payoff in the end with the storyline.

I think I remember seeing that you don't watch Smackdown, (And I don't really either) but I think you might enjoy it if you watched it.

The big stars aren't really as prominent on SD. The last little bit they have been, but that might change again soon.

Normally it's the "mid card" show. Cody, Ziggler, Sandow, Barrett, ect are shown on there much more often. It think it's meant to be a break from the main stuff on Raw. To mix things up I guess.

With Impact, because they have only one show they have more variety on it. They don't have another show to put the mid-card stuff on. I bet if they had two shows a week. They would have the same thing going on.

Edited by Guest

I could see Ryback joining the Coporation, not Sandow. He needs to be separate from this whole angle to become relevant or else he'll just be stuck behind Orton, Bryan, Triple H, and The Shield.

Edited by shiznak

I quoted SK a couple pages back on the Punk promo but lost it for some reason. I have to agree that the feud is lame now. Last week the handcuffing and whatever was alright, but I just skipped Punk's entire promo this week. I feel like I know what he said though. He's got a match at NOC, he doesn't really care about Axel, wants to get his hands on Heyman, wants a "FIGHT!".

Also, just stumbled on to a "top wwe returns" YouTube video. I pop for most returns tbh, but I went totally buck when Lesnar came back. No one plays the role of "beast" quite like Lesnar.

Also, just stumbled on to a "top wwe returns" YouTube video. I pop for most returns tbh, but I went totally buck when Lesnar came back. No one plays the role of "beast" quite like Lesnar.

I also stumbled on to that last night as I was watching old PWG videos (Super Dragon returning; grown men marking the eff out).

If this is the official WWE list we're talking about then they really should have shown the full Trips returning clip because the pop he got was incredible.

I also stumbled on to that last night as I was watching old PWG videos (Super Dragon returning; grown men marking the eff out).

If this is the official WWE list we're talking about then they really should have shown the full Trips returning clip because the pop he got was incredible.

I watched a fan made one, but I have seen the WWE one as well. They always try and make their videos as short as possible I've noticed.

So Shane O'Mac has stepped down as CEO of YOU on Demand...

I may just have to pencil in a mark out for sometime in the coming weeks.

That would be pretty sweet

lol awesome. jericho is my favourite kind of drunk xD

Chris Jericho spoke with The LAW: Live Audio Wrestling about the night before this year's Royal Rumble where he made his surprise return to the WWE.

"I was in Anaheim at the North American Music Merchants Convention, which is where all the bands go and do signing for whoever it is that you're endorsed by, and it's a really giant convention thing," Jericho said. "Afterwards, it's just like a huge party. I was with M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold, a really good friend of mine, and with a couple other guys from the band as well. We got completely plastered and loaded, and it ended up with me demanding that Matt's friend let me kiss him on the lips. I wouldn't leave the car, and finally when I did leave the car I chased him around the car and then jumped on the hood of the car and wouldn't let him leave. Then the cops were called, and they were gonna arrest me. I was like 'If I get arrested and thrown in the drunk bank tonight and miss the Royal Rumble, I'm probably gonna be in pretty big trouble.' So I stopped what I was doing, got in the car, and as we were driving away I punched him in the face as hard as I could. It was just like the worst feeling; everyone was so mad at me, and Shadows was like 'You can't punch guys in the face!' I felt awful. I woke up about an hour later and I had to go catch a flight, but I felt bad because I punched Shadows' friend in the face, so I called that guy and apologized. Then my flight was delayed. I finally landed in Phoenix, got ready in one of the crew buses, and went out and wrestled for 48 minutes. So yes, that is how Jericho rolls.

"I remember Vince McMahon asked me the next day, 'You haven't wrestled in such a long time. I mean, obviously you're in good shape, but how did you go out there and do 48 minutes and do all the stuff that you did?' I was like, 'I don't know.' I don't know how I did it; I didn't even realize it was 48 minutes until afterwards. Someone told me, 'You were out there for 48 minutes,' and I was like, 'Oh, wow! That's awesome.' It's one of those things. It's just part of the job, I guess."

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Upvote 1