The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

People are too cool for TNA here don't you know?

Nah people here aren't cool enough for TNA...or ROH...apparently. the SCUM faction is a force to be reckoned with in ROH...Not surprised in the least that Buh Buh Ray Dudley turned out to be the president of Aces and Eights...but that angle is getting stale for me. With the exception of the Dudleys and Taz and Anderson...it's a bunch of WWE also-rans and Garett Bischoff. Whoop de doo. the X division is the main reason I continue to tune in to TNA.

to TNA's credit, it was decent back 6-7 years ago when they had their own identity with AJ styles as the face of the company and the x division wasn't treated as a joke

Uh. They don't treat the X Division as a joke at all...Rob Van Dam, Kenny King, Christian York, Zema Ion, Joey Ryan, Robbie E...I'll admit it isn't as thick a pool as what it used to be...people like Kaz and Christopher Daniels even though I can't stand Daniels...and they still have Destination X every year...which is by far the best PPV they host. I'd personally LOVE to see the Steel Asylum again...that s*** was nuts.

Uh. They don't treat the X Division as a joke at all...Rob Van Dam, Kenny King, Christian York, Zema Ion, Joey Ryan, Robbie E...I'll admit it isn't as thick a pool as what it used to be...people like Kaz and Christopher Daniels even though I can't stand Daniels...and they still have Destination X every year...which is by far the best PPV they host. I'd personally LOVE to see the Steel Asylum again...that s*** was nuts.

we won't see cool concepts like those again thanks to hogan and those guys. heck i think jim cornette had some influence to the generic promotion tna has become. i used to love tag team wrestling in TNA because their tag matches at least had some psychology. wwe tag team matches are all the same. at least in TNA, you had the motor city machine guns, beer money, i personally loved LAX and who else.. hell, even team canada

Fan-don't-care

they should just scrap him already. what a waste of air time. i like the idea of reuniting the new age outlaws. those guys can still go, still get a good crowd reaction and is being brought in to help the tag division to teach these guys what tag team wrestling is about. and billy still looks in good shape

that promo by rhodes scholars was hilarious

Edited by Olias

we won't see cool concepts like those again thanks to hogan and those guys. heck i think jim cornette had some influence to the generic promotion tna has become. i used to love tag team wrestling in TNA because their tag matches at least had some psychology. wwe tag team matches are all the same. at least in TNA, you had the motor city machine guns, beer money, i personally loved LAX and who else.. hell, even team canada

they should just scrap him already. what a waste of air time. i like the idea of reuniting the new age outlaws. those guys can still go, still get a good crowd reaction and is being brought in to help the tag division to teach these guys what tag team wrestling is about. and billy still looks in good shape

I miss Maple Leaf Muscle. Petey Williams' finisher...the Canadian Destroyer...is one of the most bad ass finishers I have ever seen in wrestling.

Yeah, that made me laugh pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing the outlaws sticking around for a while, need to work on their cardio though.

Fandango is a total bust, as for Tensai and Brodus, I'd love to see Honky Tonk Man stick around as their manager. Mostly because I like seeing him hit people with his guitar.

Fandango is a total bust, as for Tensai and Brodus, I'd love to see Honky Tonk Man stick around as their manager. Mostly because I like seeing him hit people with his guitar.

i would love that too. i think honky would make a great manager, but i think he's doing just fine working the indies. one of the few legends who's doing well for himself. he's happy and isn't as bitter about things as he was a few years ago

whoa the bellas are back. nice nips lol

also wonder if kofi's in the doghouse

Just in time for WrestleMania pay day with the implants.

I hope they're not gonna do a Kaitlyn + Layla vs. Bella Twins tag match at WrestleMania now. :picard:

I hope they're not gonna do a Kaitlyn + Layla vs. Bella Twins tag match at WrestleMania now. :picard:

i'd just think they'd throw the divas in some kind of battle royal or something for the mania cheques. there's nothing going for kaitlin heading in to mania. no momentum or anything to look forward too

this ricardo/alberto swagger/colter parody is hilrious, "'murica"

Edited by Olias

General Raw thoughts.

- I've heard that Paul Bearer would've enjoyed what they did tonight, even if it was so sudden after his death. To reunite The Undertaker and Kane against a man disrespecting Bearer was a good touch, even if Punk ended the night with the upper hand. They are really booking Punk as the uber-heel now.

-Match of the night was Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler. In fact, why don't they just strap Ziggler now and then give the two 30 minutes at Wrestlemania for the World Title?!

-Anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable when Zeb Colter talks?

-I knew one of the Bella's got implants...looks like a case of monkey see, monkey do! Not surprised they are back considering they are both (last I checked) dating WWE talent (John Cena and Daniel Bryan)

-I really think Fandango could work, depending on the in ring performence when they finally get him in the ring. I do enjoy his cheap heat right now though.

-Somehow DX will never die. Those must have been the F5's from hell too keep both Road Dogg and Billy Gunn down on the mat for 5 minutes. How stupid must have they felt laying there during that entire Heyman promo?

-Vince should not be yelling into Michael Cole's earpiece if a segment is bombing like the one with Jericho/Miz/Barrett/Maddox did tonight. Don't kill the segment more, take it out on the people that wrote that garbage! I'm sure they'll make it a triple threat match for Wrestlemania rather than have the match next week.

-Ryback vs. Mark Henry will also probably be bumped to Wrestlemania rather than this weeks SmackDown.

-No Cena, no Rock and we're now 3 shows away from Wrestlemania? Unacceptable!

Those were my general feelings, and that was probably my first full Raw in a few months.

General Raw thoughts.

- I've heard that Paul Bearer would've enjoyed what they did tonight, even if it was so sudden after his death. To reunite The Undertaker and Kane against a man disrespecting Bearer was a good touch, even if Punk ended the night with the upper hand. They are really booking Punk as the uber-heel now.

-Match of the night was Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler. In fact, why don't they just strap Ziggler now and then give the two 30 minutes at Wrestlemania for the World Title?!

-Anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable when Zeb Colter talks?

-I knew one of the Bella's got implants...looks like a case of monkey see, monkey do! Not surprised they are back considering they are both (last I checked) dating WWE talent (John Cena and Daniel Bryan)

-I really think Fandango could work, depending on the in ring performence when they finally get him in the ring. I do enjoy his cheap heat right now though.

-Somehow DX will never die. Those must have been the F5's from hell too keep both Road Dogg and Billy Gunn down on the mat for 5 minutes. How stupid must have they felt laying there during that entire Heyman promo?

-Vince should not be yelling into Michael Cole's earpiece if a segment is bombing like the one with Jericho/Miz/Barrett/Maddox did tonight. Don't kill the segment more, take it out on the people that wrote that garbage! I'm sure they'll make it a triple threat match for Wrestlemania rather than have the match next week.

-Ryback vs. Mark Henry will also probably be bumped to Wrestlemania rather than this weeks SmackDown.

-No Cena, no Rock and we're now 3 shows away from Wrestlemania? Unacceptable!

Those were my general feelings, and that was probably my first full Raw in a few months.

i agree with most of it. only thing i don't like going on is fandango. i found it funny a-train was purposely butchering his name-- completely not selling it lol

that highlight reel segment was pretty bad. whoever was telling cole to gut it, i agreed with them. it went on too long. i also agree with colter. dutch can cut a good promo, but the one tonight kind of dragged on a little. we get it, don't have to preach that gimmick anymore. just make del rio's life hell leading up to mania and get the fans behind him. thats all you have to do.

ever since mark henry came back, i knew it was going to be him vs ryback since i guess they're turning show face to fued with the shield, who are red hot right now. even having them lose at wrestlemania won't do anything for them as a stable. they need that win to stay hot and a threat, then have them drop at extreme rules or something then think about where you go from there. it'll be interesting to see how the E can keep those guys fresh and interesting after wrestlemania

Zeb Colter may be the most annoying character that WWE writing has ever produced. He works on one level though...he's a great heel manager and a very polarizing figure...a lot like Heenan...and no one is ever going to root for any wrestler he manages because of his abrasive and ignorant persona. As one poster also noted...I find myself shifting uncomfortably when Colter talks. It's probably the same reaction I'd have to hearing the KKK Grand Dragon speak. Very chilling, to say the least.