The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Holy god.

The Barrett/Miz/Jericho/Maddox segment and the painful Alberto/Ricardo parody were two of the worst segments I have seen in quite some time. Maddox wasn't even the worst thing about it. I'm in the minority where I think Maddox is so awful that it becomes entertaining. The rest of the guys thought didn't seem to have a clue what they were doing out there. It honestly felt like they never read the script and tried to ad lib it. At one point I actually Jericho was thinking "Screw it this is a trainwreck, so I might as well just act stupid on purpose." The Miz just doesn't work as a face.

• Upvote 1

As one poster also noted...I find myself shifting uncomfortably when Colter talks. It's probably the same reaction I'd have to hearing the KKK Grand Dragon speak. Very chilling, to say the least.

he's just doing his job. you're supposed to feel uneasy when he starts going off on "jack swagger's america" but we get it now. like i said earlier, just do little heel things to get the crowd behind del rio.

if WWE were booking it right, and it's what's worked in the past to really sell a fued, not just from WWE's good guy/bad guy play book, is they have to have swagger look stronger than del rio. so far, i haven't seen that. swagger's character doesn't seem to be a threat at all. you can't really get behind a fued when the heel and the face both come off as equals. no, the heel has to have the upper hand. they have to be a legitimate threat to take the title. you have to make the fans, idk, care, that del rio might lose the title. swagger's got the heat, but no momentum heading in to wrestlemania. i'm sure it'll be one of the sleepers on the card but the lack of story will really take away from, what i'm guessing, they'll have zigs cash in. too predicable

It honestly felt like they never read the script and tried to ad lib it. At one point I actually Jericho was thinking "Screw it this is a trainwreck, so I might as well just act stupid on purpose." The Miz just doesn't work as a face.

i think that segment was just a last minute thing to plug those lame movies if anything and have jericho go out there to carry it. at one point, miz was good. i was getting behind him, but as soon as they turned him face, i just knew that they would make him into a loser. and that sucks for miz for all the PR work he does, but his face turn was what i thought it would be and that really killed his character, if he had one

i was listening to an MLW show and konnan brought up a good point on miz. he doesn't look like a guy who can kick anybody's ass

I don't see any discussion about TNA in here.

Last night at TNA's PPV Bully Ray turned heel, winning World Title and revealing himself as President of Aces and 8s. It was obvious. Ray said afterwards he used Hogan and Brooke.

Fans littered the steel cage with garbage (ala WCW)

Obvious, but I did enjoy it.

General Raw thoughts.

- I've heard that Paul Bearer would've enjoyed what they did tonight, even if it was so sudden after his death. To reunite The Undertaker and Kane against a man disrespecting Bearer was a good touch, even if Punk ended the night with the upper hand. They are really booking Punk as the uber-heel now.

-Match of the night was Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler. In fact, why don't they just strap Ziggler now and then give the two 30 minutes at Wrestlemania for the World Title?!

-Anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable when Zeb Colter talks?

-I knew one of the Bella's got implants...looks like a case of monkey see, monkey do! Not surprised they are back considering they are both (last I checked) dating WWE talent (John Cena and Daniel Bryan)

-I really think Fandango could work, depending on the in ring performence when they finally get him in the ring. I do enjoy his cheap heat right now though.

-Somehow DX will never die. Those must have been the F5's from hell too keep both Road Dogg and Billy Gunn down on the mat for 5 minutes. How stupid must have they felt laying there during that entire Heyman promo?

-Vince should not be yelling into Michael Cole's earpiece if a segment is bombing like the one with Jericho/Miz/Barrett/Maddox did tonight. Don't kill the segment more, take it out on the people that wrote that garbage! I'm sure they'll make it a triple threat match for Wrestlemania rather than have the match next week.

-Ryback vs. Mark Henry will also probably be bumped to Wrestlemania rather than this weeks SmackDown.

-No Cena, no Rock and we're now 3 shows away from Wrestlemania? Unacceptable!

Those were my general feelings, and that was probably my first full Raw in a few months.

I agree with all these points, but Fandangoo.

On last night's Raw, it was very good for once (besides the commentary which was the worst I've ever seen it). Everything Damien Sandow says or does is just gold. Little things like taking the bottle from Kaitlyn and saying "thank you, I'm parched" just make him so awesome. Lesnar coming out during that match was pretty surprising. Nice to see the Bellas back cause they are hot. Punk coming out at the beginning was just awesome, I laughed hard. I don't think Ryback will be able to shell shock Henry so I wonder how he'll win. No Cena and Rock a few weeks before the big dance is just dumb. I didn't even bother with the Jericho segment, I watch enough trailers and crap during the show, don't need to hear the lame dialogue about it. I kind of like Brad Maddox, he's just different. Not sure why he said "get the Jeritron out of the ring" when it wasn't in there. Apparently Punk is working hurt, and MacIntyre got hurt taking the 4 finishers.

And there's my random thoughts on a good Raw.

PS: Stfu about the app and hashtags and touts and all the bull that comes with the show.

More potential WrestleMania matches teasted from SmackDown taping...

(I'm interested in how the undercard plays out)

- Backstage segment with The Bella Twins. They beat up Cameron and Naomi, making fun of their fat friends who dance, including the one who thinks he is Japanese.

Mixed-tag match: Rhodes Scholars + Bella Twins vs. Brodus Clay + Tensai + Naomi + Cameron?

4. Dolph Ziggler defeated Kane with the ZigZag. At the end of the match, Bryan and Big E brawled on the outside. This distracted Kane for a second and then Ziggler connected with his finisher. Kane went back in to go after Ziggler, but Big E stopped that. Big E hit his finisher on Kane.

Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler + Big E Langston

3. Layla and Kaitlyn defeated Tamina Snuka and Aksana. Kaitlyn was about to finish off Aksana and connected with a Spear. Layla hit a blind tag, connected with a Cross Body, and then picked up the pin for her team.

Layla vs. Kaitlyn. Can they do the heel turn already instead of teasing it? They've been doing it for weeks now. Three weeks to go until WrestleMania.

Booker T announced on WWE Smackdown that Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Ryback will face The Shield at Wrestlemania 29. It should be noted that The Big Show was trying to be the man chosen by Sheamus and Orton, but they chose Ryback.

Later on in the night, Ryback was brutally attacked by The Shield. Mark Henry would hit 3 World's Strongest Slams on Ryback, leaving him laying in the ring. Do not be surprised if this match that was made "official" changes once again next week.

Yeah, we know.

2. The Miz defeated Darren Young when Young tapped to the Figure Four. Wade Barrett was on commentary and watching the match from the commentator's table.

The Miz vs. Wade Barrett

More potential WrestleMania matches teasted from SmackDown taping...

(I'm interested in how the undercard plays out)

- Backstage segment with The Bella Twins. They beat up Cameron and Naomi, making fun of their fat friends who dance, including the one who thinks he is Japanese.

Mixed-tag match: Rhodes Scholars + Bella Twins vs. Brodus Clay + Tensai + Naomi + Cameron?

4. Dolph Ziggler defeated Kane with the ZigZag. At the end of the match, Bryan and Big E brawled on the outside. This distracted Kane for a second and then Ziggler connected with his finisher. Kane went back in to go after Ziggler, but Big E stopped that. Big E hit his finisher on Kane.

Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler + Big E Langston

3. Layla and Kaitlyn defeated Tamina Snuka and Aksana. Kaitlyn was about to finish off Aksana and connected with a Spear. Layla hit a blind tag, connected with a Cross Body, and then picked up the pin for her team.

Layla vs. Kaitlyn. Can they do the heel turn already instead of teasing it? They've been doing it for weeks now. Three weeks to go until WrestleMania.

Booker T announced on WWE Smackdown that Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Ryback will face The Shield at Wrestlemania 29. It should be noted that The Big Show was trying to be the man chosen by Sheamus and Orton, but they chose Ryback.

Later on in the night, Ryback was brutally attacked by The Shield. Mark Henry would hit 3 World's Strongest Slams on Ryback, leaving him laying in the ring. Do not be surprised if this match that was made "official" changes once again next week.

Yeah, we know.

2. The Miz defeated Darren Young when Young tapped to the Figure Four. Wade Barrett was on commentary and watching the match from the commentator's table.

The Miz vs. Wade Barrett

lol great so instead of Henry vs Ryback, something EVERYone wants to see. They're going to do another 6-man tag vs the Shield except replace Cena with Orton, this Wrestlemania is going to be terrible

lol great so instead of Henry vs Ryback, something EVERYone wants to see. They're going to do another 6-man tag vs the Shield except replace Cena with Orton, this Wrestlemania is going to be terrible

Thought it would be Orton/Sheamus/Big Show vs. The Shield. Must have changed their mind. This could be where Orton finally turn heels. I see some thinking he joins The Shield. I don't see that happening. Orton either walks out of the team or they lose the match, in which he snaps but doesn't turn yet. Next night on Raw, he fully turns heel.

Edited by J529

HBK to have a role in Lesnar/HHH. He could be the guest refereee, although he was for HHH/Undertaker last year at WM. He could also be a special enforcer or in HHH's corner. I expect HBK to get payback on Lesnar with a Super Kick for breaking his arm.

The current plan is for Triple H to defeat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 29. The feeling is that he has to win because Lesnar beat him the first time, "broke his arm" twice and broke Shawn Michaels' arm as well. There has been talk of using Michaels in the storyline again so Michaels can have a WrestleMania role.

Jericho vs. Fandango at WM?!

Regarding the Divas Title match at WrestleMania 29 if there is one, it will likely be Kaitlyn vs. a heel Layla but they may end up doing a multi-Divas match instead. The Kaitlyn vs. Layla feud is in the works. Another match planned this week is Fandango vs. Chris Jericho. One possible match is Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi vs. The Bella Twins, Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow.

Thought it would be Orton/Sheamus/Big Show vs. The Shield. Must have changed their mind. This could be where Orton finally turn heels. I see some thinking he joins The Shield. I don't see that happening. Orton either walks out of the team or they lose the match, in which he snaps but doesn't turn yet. Next night on Raw, he fully turns heel.

I really hope the swap Big Show for Ryback instead so they can do Ryback/Henry at WM

they have been building Ryback vs Henry for 2 weeks with their staredowns etc. makes no sense to just suddenly end it

WWE in talks to bring more Divas back.

Bring back Awesome Kong and Beth. That is a dream Divas Match. Yes. I said it.

We noted before that WWE officials have made offers to Kelly Kelly and Maryse with the new idea that they need to bring back former Divas. They also reportedly reached out to Beth Phoenix.

We noted before that WWE was negotiating with other former Divas to return after bringing back The Bella Twins. Apparently they made offers to Maryse and Kelly Kelly also. Kelly and Maryse reportedly denied their first offers but are still in talks.

Brad Maddox got the blame for the Highlight Reel Segment being so awful.

Before Monday's RAW hit the air, the original script they had for Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel was a "really bad" one so they changed it completely and spent hours re-doing the segment. There was also a problem with the Jeritron that was in the ring. During the playing of The Marine 3 trailer, the WWE ring crew had to remove the Jeritron from the ring. This caused more problems for the segment and Jericho was forced to improvise. The segment really took a turn for the worse when Brad Maddox came out. The Jeritron was supposed to be involved in Maddox's presentation but it wasn't in the ring anymore, he lost track and flubbed his promo on live TV. Even before Maddox came out, Vince McMahon had instructed Michael Cole to bury the segment on commentary. There was some heat on Cole with the feeling that the segment was bad but most people wouldn't have noticed or said anything if it weren't for his comments drawing attention. Backstage, Vince was calling the segment one of the worse ever and Maddox was the one blamed.

Another Possible WM29 Match. What did Ziggler say/do or who did he piss off?

On Monday, WWE officials discussed having Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan for the WWE Tag Team Titles at WrestleMania 29. This is why Langston attacked Daniel Bryan. By what happened at the SmackDown tapings last night, it looks like they are moving forward with this plan.

News on Stipulation for Lesnar/HHH.

If they go with a MMA-style fight, it won't be the first time. TNA did a MMA-style fight back in 2008 - Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe.

It was reported earlier today that WWE officials are considering a MMA-style fight for the Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania 29 in just a few weeks. F4Wonline.com reports that the match will not be held under MMA rules. WWE officials are considering 3 or 4 different stipulations but they had not decided on anything as of last night's RAW. It's possible we won't find out the stipulation until the March 25th or April 1st RAW.

Uh. They don't treat the X Division as a joke at all...Rob Van Dam, Kenny King, Christian York, Zema Ion, Joey Ryan, Robbie E...I'll admit it isn't as thick a pool as what it used to be...people like Kaz and Christopher Daniels even though I can't stand Daniels...and they still have Destination X every year...which is by far the best PPV they host. I'd personally LOVE to see the Steel Asylum again...that s*** was nuts.

They got a show called X-Travaganza coming out April 5th on PPV for 15 bucks with Petey on it. Aries/Joe is worth the price every time it happens. Bully will be the only reason Aces and Eights is good. Steel Asylum was cool as frack but I guess it's hard to set up and now they're headed out on the road every two weeks so it's not ideal to put the guys in danger. I'm looking forward to tonight's live show from Chicago.

News on Stipulation for Lesnar/HHH.

If they go with a MMA-style fight, it won't be the first time. TNA did a MMA-style fight back in 2008 - Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe.

Yeah but it won't be as good, Joe and Angle are arguably 5 star wrestlers and were in their peaks when that match happened. That match was insane, defined a new style and will be immensely hard to match.

Edited by TheHitman