The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Looks like they're actually going to do Fandango vs. Chris Jericho based on SmackDown tonight. It also appears both Fandango and Big E Langston will be making their WWE in-ring debuts at WrestleMania.

Going back to Aces and 8s.

It seems they're recycling some of the famous angles from WCW/nWo. As mentioned, it seems they're slowly building towards AJ Styles vs. Bully Ray World Title Match. Bully will feud and go through all the top faces (Hardy, Angle, Joe, Storm) and win by any means neccessaily.

Another angle they could re-use is HHH/Stephanie angle from WWE and build to a match that Bully will give Brooke a divorce, but turns out she was in on the whole time. As long as they don't completely rip off these famous angles and throw in some twists. Angles/Stories gets rehashed all the time.

Just finished watching yesterday's Impact.

And I don't think they will push AJ to the top, although BFG is still aways away, so maybe, but I think they will push AJ/Storm (AJ as the heel) Right now for awhile. That segment was good though, kept the answers off for another week, while progressing the storyline along with bringing Storm out.

It was a real solid show, the 4 way match was great, and while I was hoping Angle would win, Hardy winning it really does make the most sense at this point, and the way they broke down the whole "Bullys rise to the top" thing throughout the show was really good.

Damn nice episode of IMPACT I'm really happy with what they're doing with the X-Division, a lot of new talent could be used. Also, the AJ segment was gold.

Yeah Kenny King is pretty impressive, Zema is not bad either. Still isn't near what it once was, but hopefully they continue to build it up and make it better.

WWE released veteran referee Jack Doan

WWE has released long-time referee Jack Doan according to PWInsider.com. No details were given as to why he was let go from the company. Doan has been with WWE since 1991, when he worked as a truck driver. He became a part time referee before eventually going full time.

Stephanie could have a role and get involved in HHH/Lesnar at WM. Figured HBK would have role in this to counter Heyman and of course get payback on Lesnar for braking his arm last year.

Lesnar/Sable vs. HHH/Steph

A WWE source notes that it was not a coincidence that WWE released the video of Stephanie McMahon boxing earlier this week. Stephanie most likely will be involved in the WrestleMania 29 match between Brock Lesnar and Triple H, to even the odds against Paul Heyman. It was previously reported that Shawn Michaels may be in Triple H's corner for the match but Stephanie having a role may mean that the plan with Michaels didn't work out.

Original Plans for HHH/Lesnar

The choice to make the Brock Lesnar versus Triple H match No Holds Barred at WrestleMania 29 was made a few days before Monday night's RAW. There were other ideas discussed for the match, including a Hell In A Cell match. One other scenario discussed was having Shawn Michaels in the corner of Triple H while Paul Heyman would officially be in Lesnar's corner, which would lead to both getting involved in the match.
Edited by J529

Hogan says he wanted to turn heel years before he eventually did in WCW and wanted to feud as heel with Ultimate Warrior in WWF.

Hogan had reservations about turning heel and being the third man in nWo so much so that Bichoff had Sting agree to join and be the third man incase Hogan changed his mind at the last second. That would have been interesting to see if that had gone down. Sting in the nWo and presumblay as the leader.

In a newly published interview with Fighting Spirit Magazine, TNA Wrestling Superstar Hulk Hogan claims that he had proposed to turn heel six years before he actually did in World Championship Wrestling, during the 1990 build-up to his all-babyface WWF Championship match against Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI. "Vince and I were best friends, but when we talked about money, we were enemies," said Hogan. "So I went [to WCW] with the red and yellow, beat Ric Flair, and Hulkamania took off again. Then, creatively, I turned into a bad guy, which I always wanted to do in the WWF, but nobody wanted me to. I always said, 'I could be the best bad guy ever. Just let me do it', but no-one wanted me to be a bad guy. "At Warrior's time, I really wanted to f--k him as a bad guy; I wanted to beat The Ultimate Warrior in Toronto, but as a heel. I just thought it would be intense, and I would be the best bad guy ever. I could have done it, and then said, 'Forget the prayers and the vitamins, I did it for the money!' But it's just creative differences, and Vince knows what he's doing, believe me. I just wanted to try something different in the WWF." When Hogan turned heel to form the New World Order with Scott Hall and Kevin Nash at Bash at the Beach on July 7, 1996, he was very hesitant on the career-altering maneuver. Former WCW boss Eric Bischoff stated in his 2006 autobiography, Controversy Creates Cash, that Hogan was initially dismissive toward his idea of leaving the red and yellow behind to become a villain. Then shortly after Hall and Nash became a force on WCW programming, Hogan, who had not spoken to Bischoff in months, proposed that he be the third man in the group. Up until the pay-per-view event at Daytona Beach, Bischoff was unsure if Hogan would follow-through on the idea, and had Sting agree to join the New World Order in case "The Hulkster" changed his mind at the last minute.
Edited by J529

Eric Bischoff calls Bret Hart "Sad, Broken and Bitter Person"

Bret has been through awful lot.

- Losing Owen

- Losing Davey Boy Smith

- Montreal Screwjob

- Having his career ended by Goldberg

- Having a Stroke

TNA Wrestling producer Eric Bischoff appeared on Inside The Ropes Thursday night where he addressed critical remarks from WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart. Highlights from the interview are as follows: On Bret Hart's run in WCW: "I had spoken to and met Bret several times before he made the jump. I was obviously excited to have him but clearly Bret Hart was a very broken....and in my opinion still is, from the interviews I hear him do, a very sad, broken and bitter person. That was pretty evident when he first came over. He was a shadow or a shell of his former self. Wherever Bret was, the high point of his character, what I got was a kind of broken, sad shell of that and quite honestly I don't think he's ever come out of it." On Bret's recent comments saying he "knows nothing about wrestling" and calling him "an idiot": "It's not unusual for guys like Bret Hart, from that era....the only way they know how to get over is to get over at the expense of someone else. Bret Hart's trying very hard to stay relevant. Unfortunately, he's no longer relevant. He was a big star, he had a big name at one point, he was an important character in the history of the business but he's not any longer and I'm sure that's hard on him. I know myself how it feels to realise that that your biggest and best days as a performer are behind you. I'm very comfortable with that, I've embraced it but it's hard for a lot of guys who've never been anything other than performers. They have a hard time with that. It's not easy getting older in the wrestling business, believe me, when you're surrounded by younger and younger people who in many ways aren't as over or as skilled or as popular as you may have been or still are now. But this business is a business that's served by youth and change. And for someone like Bret, that manifests itself in his personality, lashing out at others. It's funny, when he came to me he hated Vince McMahon, he hated everyone in the WWE from the office to half the roster. He didn't have a good thing to say about any of the McMahons. Then when he got the opportunity to go back and work for them, he had to shift that. Then his hatred was for someone else like Bill Goldberg for giving him a concussion and now it's for me and for Hulk, there's no rhyme or reason for it and as far as his opinion of my value and what I've achieved in the wrestling business, I'll let my body of work and success speak for itself."
Edited by J529

Paul Bearer died of a Heart Attack

TMZ.com is reporting that Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle's death certificate lists the cause of the heart attack as supraventricular tachycardia or SVT -- a dangerously high heart rate. Sadly, it was a treatable condition, had he gone to a doctor.

I think the wrestling world is anxiously anticipating the return of one Christian Cage. I really hope he's done with WWE and goes back to TNA.

Same, he would be a major add for TNA. I thought he was great with AJ and Tomko in his last run. Hopefully they could bring him back, he would be a great return to lead the charge against Aces and Eights

It's a shame how poorly WWE has used Christian since his return...

Last report was that Christian was cleared to return but creative had nothing for him. He probably won't be returning to WWE following WM. Likely he'll be in the mid-card. I can see him feuding with Antonio Cesaro and putting him over.

I do agree that WWE has underutlized Christian before he left WWE in 2005 and since he returned to WWE. Since returning Christian was WWE ECW World Champion and World Heavyweight Champion (Twice). His first reign didn't last long as he dropped the title to Randy Orton just 5 days later on SD. He deserved at least a decent title run. Fact is, Vince doesn't see Christian as a main eventer/top star or like his look. He sees Christian as a reliable worker.

I'm with you guys that I would like to see him return to TNA, but I don't see it happening. The reason he left TNA and went back to WWE was mainly financially reasons. Rumor was that he also was frustrated with Jeff Jarrett's creative vision of TNA and that he was upset with the way he was being used. As I stated, the main reason he left TNA was because WWE was offering him more money.

It won't be the same Christian now anyways, he's 39 years old, TNA gave him the ball and he ran with it. WWE has never utilized him well but whatever he's making easy money sitting at home.

IMO Christian is a more believable star than someone like Ziggler or even Del Rio.

TNA gave him opportunity to be a star, something WWE never did. Christian is also one of the top workers in WWE. Ultimately, it comes down to Vince and for whatever reason he's never seen him as a top star.

If and when Christian does return to WWE, i'd like to see him come back as heel. Like to see The Problem Solver along side him again. I'd love to see Christian and Cena feud. They did have a brief feud in 2005 with Jericho in there too. The promos they cut on eachother were gold and made the feud alone. If they were to do a proper, lengthy feud it would be good. Cena is winning at WM, so it could happen sometime after that or later in the year.

Just finished watching yesterday's Impact.

And I don't think they will push AJ to the top, although BFG is still aways away, so maybe, but I think they will push AJ/Storm (AJ as the heel) Right now for awhile. That segment was good though, kept the answers off for another week, while progressing the storyline along with bringing Storm out.

It was a real solid show, the 4 way match was great, and while I was hoping Angle would win, Hardy winning it really does make the most sense at this point, and the way they broke down the whole "Bullys rise to the top" thing throughout the show was really good.

Yeah Kenny King is pretty impressive, Zema is not bad either. Still isn't near what it once was, but hopefully they continue to build it up and make it better.

AJ can't wrestle for the World Title for a year until BFG. Oddly enough, I still believe AJ is portraying Dark Sting, who didn't wrestle for a year until he faced Hogan. Another guy could that challenge and feud with Bully is Matt Morgan. Morgan has said he will clean up Hogan's messes (Aces and 8s, Joseph Parks - He did defeat him on Impact this week)

Edited by J529

AJ can't wrestle for the World Title for a year until BFG. Oddly enough, I still believe AJ is portraying Dark Sting, who didn't wrestle for a year until he faced Hogan. Another guy could that challenge and feud with Bully is Matt Morgan. Morgan has said he will clean up Hogan's messes (Aces and 8s, Joseph Parks - He did defeat him on Impact this week)

I don't think they will push Morgan that way, since he is right now going in the heel direction. And they would have to turn him back face for the Bully/Morgan thing to make any sense.

And I see. I didn't know that. I guess it makes sense then. I'm just still excited to see where this AJ storyline goes, they haven't revealed anything yet and kept us guessing. Which is great.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

It wouldn't be impossible for TNA to find some way to get AJ the title at BFG without having wrestled up until that point. This is my scenario, have the Aces and Eights take out the Final Four of the BFG Series, TNA and Hogan are now retreating, they turn to dark AJ and he accepts the opportunity. Once Final Four are healed up, Stinger recruits for big battle against Aces and Eights.

AJ vs Bully

Sting, Hardy, Storm, Angle, Joe w/ Hogan vs Anderson, DOC, Knox, Bischoff, Brisco w/ D'Lo

Magnus vs Devon

Aries vs Roode

Bad Influence vs Dos Stereotypicos

Christian York vs Joey Ryan vs Kenny King

Gail Kim vs Tara

Chris Sabin vs Petey Williams vs Sonjay Dutt

WWE released veteran referee Jack Doan

i read that and was pretty surprised. i think he was the only referee to win a title. slowly we're all seeing the refs we all grew up with getting released. i guess that only leaves Mike Chioda, and, i guess Charles Robinson if you were a WCW person, as the last surviving ref from those days