The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

On 2015-11-22, 12:18:25, shiznak said:

The WWE really miss the ball on a NXT invasion for Surivior Series. It would have be awesome if they had team NXT led by Regal vs. Team WWE led by Trips on the card, rather than putting random wrestlers, stuck in limbo, in an useless traditional  SS match. It would have been a great way of showcasing the future, if fans aren't already familiar with NXT.

Balor, Samoa Joe, Baron, Crews, and Breeze (turning on NXT) vs. Cesaro, Ziggler, Neville, Ryback, and Bryan (mystery partner).

WWE already did NXT invasion with Nexus.

8 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Yeah it's pretty painful. As much as Vince won't admit it, he needs a WCW to compete with him and get the company motivated again. They're just so complacent.

I mean good god, earlier in the show they had Sheamus making "gettin jiggy with it" jokes and getting jobbed out to the likes of Ryback. I'm supposed to buy him as World Champ?

The other things that needs to be mentioned is Lillian Garcia's ridiculously over-the-top rendition of The Star Spangled Banner to open the show. Good lord was that cheesy! All that was missing was her firing off guns at the end yelling 'MURICA!

Doubt we will ever see that happen.  IF WWE ever does get some type of legitimate competition, WWE will just squash them like a bug.  Pretty sure we have seen the peak of professional wrestling. Doubt anything will top the Monday night wars.

5 hours ago, Nail3738 said:

....Are they trying to f***ing get Reigns over like Daniel Bryan?!....This Angle is starting to become a duplicate of that crap..

Yeah, except they buried Bryan without plans of bringing him to the top. Reigns will probably get his title back by Royal Rumble.

It's so insincere, that's why I was laughing so hard at the confetti and fireworks yesterday. That, plus the confetti was 10x denser than when it was thrown for Bryan, lol.

Bryan's storyline was probably my favourite of the last decade after the Punk one in 2011, but HHH f'ed up that one too, lol. HHH screwed up the Bryan run as well, until they were absolutely forced to change their plans.

I'm going to guess and say that this time he won't, because Reigns is one of his "guys", and this time the guy that the fans are revolting against is the one positioned in Punk and Bryan's spot, and instead of a hot act standing in his way, there's none in the entire company, and the guy he's facing is Sheamus.

31ZkV96.gif

Edited by g_bassi13

25 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

None of you seem to like WWE. All you guys do is complain. 

I don't like it. At least not as a total package. I'm a wrestling fan, but definitely not a WWE one. Wouldn't have called myself one for like the last decade or so. I watch it for a couple of months at a time, but this is probably the easiest point to jump ship until the Royal Rumble. There's very little going for them right now.

They're not bereft of talent on their roster. Anything but that. Though if you don't use what you have properly, you end up with whatever this is.

Edit: rather than make another post, I think I watched this raw in about 30 minutes, watching Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch in its entirety. It confirmed that they're playing this whole thing as straight as possible, though that was already essentially a given. I don't know if I'll bother with next week.

Edited by g_bassi13

5 hours ago, Nail3738 said:

....Are they trying to f***ing get Reigns over like Daniel Bryan?!....This Angle is starting to become a duplicate of that crap..

But that angle was great for Bryan.  The entire year, leading up to Wrestlemania was dedicated to him, and he won the title on the biggest stage.  And he had 2 matches on the biggest show!

8 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

I don't like it. At least not as a total package. I'm a wrestling fan, but definitely not a WWE one. Wouldn't have called myself one for like the last decade or so. I watch it for a couple of months at a time, but this is probably the easiest point to jump ship until the Royal Rumble. There's very little going for them right now.

They're not bereft of talent on their roster. Anything but that. Though if you don't use what you have properly, you end up with whatever this is.

Edit: rather than make another post, I think I watched this raw in about 30 minutes, watching Sasha Banks vs Becky Lunch in its entirety. It confirmed that they're playing this whole thing as straight as possible, though that was already essentially a given. I don't know if I'll bother with next week.

Definitely not a lot going on now.  Should pick up in 2016 leading to Royal Rumble, and always is good after Royal Rumble leading up to Wrestlemania.

Just now, JV77 said:

Definitely not a lot going on now.  Should pick up in 2016 leading to Royal Rumble, and always is good after Royal Rumble leading up to Wrestlemania.

The lead up to Wrestlemania was pretty bad this last year, but it is generally true. Also that Wrestlemania itself was pretty good from out of nowhere, despite the lack of build. I'm sure it will pick up by then this time. I mean they have to eventually let someone that most fans want win the Royal Rumble eventually as well, lol. I think that will go a long ways in making the whole thing a little more interesting.

Daniel Bryan - Concussion

Seth Rollins - Knee

Randy Orton - Shoulder

Cesaro - Shoulder

Hideo Itami - Shoulder

Sami Zayn - Shoulder 

Tyson Kidd - Neck

Sting - Neck

John Cena - Filming TV Show

Nikki Bella - Neck

That list is really starting to add up...

17 hours ago, Canucks-12 said:

None of you seem to like WWE. All you guys do is complain. 

I'm a wrestling at heart, always will be. My neighbor had a satellite dish when I was a kid and recorded Summerslam 1989 on VHS and I never looked back. I'll always pay attention to wrestling even if I'm not watching.

I have the WWE Network so I watch every PPV, good or bad. And I see a company that has the potential to be so damn good, but just makes creative mistake after mistake and is either scared to try and make new stars or just doesn't care what the fans want.

So I watch and hope that we'll see the next later 80's era of wrestling or Stone Cold star making moment or to a lesser degee, the next Attitude era (I'm in the minority of thinking it was good but overrated). It's an abusive relationship.

On that note, we aren't alone and the guy who usually who defends anything the company does is reaching his breaking point,

From Mick Foley:

I’m going to quote an article from July, 2014, called “The Sad Case Of Zack Ryder” in which I wrote: “Eventually, people get tired of finding out that the WWE Superstars they have supported with their cheers, their signs, their purchases, their follows, and their likes aren’t real Superstars – and, little by little, those fans lose interest in WWE, find other interests, and become former WWE fans.”

I am one of those people on the verge of becoming a former WWE fan. I’m tired of being told through Raw, Smackdown and PPV’s that WWE superstars I have rooted for – from Ziggler to Cesaro to Kevin Owens aren’t top stars – no matter how strongly crowd reaction seems to disagree. I’m tired of NXT stars getting their big “break” in WWE, just to be treated like jokes.

Six months ago, my son and I traveled 12 hours – from Eastern Tennessee to Orlando, Florida to watch Sasha Banks wrestle Becky Lynch at ‪#‎NXTTakeover‬.- One of the greatest women’s matches of all time. Last night, in what I believe was their first singles match on ‪#‎RAW‬ Sasha and Becky were given four minutes. At a time when WWE desperately needs to make new stars – when they need to give wrestlers with talent the opportunity to break through – they gave Sasha and Becky four minutes. I turned the channel, and watched a pretty good football game instead. I think I can get used to watching football games on Monday night again.

I will be watching RAW this Monday. Maybe, as is often the case in relationships, they will give me just enough to remind me why I love wrestling – just enough to keep me coming back. Maybe they will even give Sasha and Becky a rematch – and a legitimate chance to show the world what they can do.

There is an old saying in politics : as Ohio goes, so goes the nation. Think of me as the Ohio of wrestling fans. If I leave, it’s not just one disgruntled former fan; finding something else to do on Monday nights. Instead, my leaving might well be an indication of a larger exodus from WWE.

I want to stay. I really do. So please WWE – next week on WWE Raw… Just give me a reason.

• Upvote 1

Lana has some big time heat backstage

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/40886/WWE-Diva-Lana-Reportedly-Has-Nuclear-Backstage-Heat/

WWE Diva Lana Reportedly Has “Nuclear” Backstage Heat

Posted By: Ben Kerin on Nov 24, 2015
Source: Wrestling Observer Radio

WWE Diva Lana currently has backstage heat in WWE for a number of reasons dating back to the news of her real-life engagement to Rusev. In more recent weeks she has drawn further heat for her Twitter spat with Paige, which was not something that was a planned storyline.

According to Wrestling Observer Radio, Lana has “nuclear heat” backstage in WWE right now with a feeling that she leaked her real-life engagement to the media. WWE are also not pleased with some of her cryptic comments.

On November 24, 2015 at 5:23:48 PM, Mikey2Dope said:

I'm a wrestling at heart, always will be. My neighbor had a satellite dish when I was a kid and recorded Summerslam 1989 on VHS and I never looked back. I'll always pay attention to wrestling even if I'm not watching.

I have the WWE Network so I watch every PPV, good or bad. And I see a company that has the potential to be so damn good, but just makes creative mistake after mistake and is either scared to try and make new stars or just doesn't care what the fans want.

So I watch and hope that we'll see the next later 80's era of wrestling or Stone Cold star making moment or to a lesser degee, the next Attitude era (I'm in the minority of thinking it was good but overrated). It's an abusive relationship.

On that note, we aren't alone and the guy who usually who defends anything the company does is reaching his breaking point,

From Mick Foley:

I’m going to quote an article from July, 2014, called “The Sad Case Of Zack Ryder” in which I wrote: “Eventually, people get tired of finding out that the WWE Superstars they have supported with their cheers, their signs, their purchases, their follows, and their likes aren’t real Superstars – and, little by little, those fans lose interest in WWE, find other interests, and become former WWE fans.”

I am one of those people on the verge of becoming a former WWE fan. I’m tired of being told through Raw, Smackdown and PPV’s that WWE superstars I have rooted for – from Ziggler to Cesaro to Kevin Owens aren’t top stars – no matter how strongly crowd reaction seems to disagree. I’m tired of NXT stars getting their big “break” in WWE, just to be treated like jokes.

Six months ago, my son and I traveled 12 hours – from Eastern Tennessee to Orlando, Florida to watch Sasha Banks wrestle Becky Lynch at ‪#‎NXTTakeover‬.- One of the greatest women’s matches of all time. Last night, in what I believe was their first singles match on ‪#‎RAW‬ Sasha and Becky were given four minutes. At a time when WWE desperately needs to make new stars – when they need to give wrestlers with talent the opportunity to break through – they gave Sasha and Becky four minutes. I turned the channel, and watched a pretty good football game instead. I think I can get used to watching football games on Monday night again.

I will be watching RAW this Monday. Maybe, as is often the case in relationships, they will give me just enough to remind me why I love wrestling – just enough to keep me coming back. Maybe they will even give Sasha and Becky a rematch – and a legitimate chance to show the world what they can do.

There is an old saying in politics : as Ohio goes, so goes the nation. Think of me as the Ohio of wrestling fans. If I leave, it’s not just one disgruntled former fan; finding something else to do on Monday nights. Instead, my leaving might well be an indication of a larger exodus from WWE.

I want to stay. I really do. So please WWE – next week on WWE Raw… Just give me a reason.

You're a true fan 

I actually like Reigns but they really made it impossible for him to win that title as a likable face.  If they want to give him the title they should have him turn heel in the match, side with the authority and let him do a promo where he vents his frustrations with the crowd. I know he doesn't cut the best promos but if he should be able to do well enough.

WWE still plans to put the World Title on Reigns in the long-term. The Authority will continue to screw him out of the title and their hope is that fans get behind Roman and want him to win the title. This is Daniel Bryan all over again. How original. I'd rather see The Bunny as World Champion then Sheamus. I'm serious.

While WWE nixed original plans for Roman Reigns to win the WWE World Heavyweight Title at Survivor Series, and went with Sheamus as champion, that is still the long-term goal for the title.

It's interesting that WWE went with the big elaborate coronation with Reigns right before Sheamus cashed-in as that is still what they want to eventually do with him.

There's a feeling within WWE that some fans see Reigns as the corporate pick, so he gets booed by some of them at WWE TV tapings and pay-per-view events. The solution appears to be to keep having The Authority screw Reigns and keep him from the title, which they hope will cause the same fans to get behind Reigns and want him to win the title.

WWE officials hope fans get behind Reigns and support him before they "pull the trigger" on his big push as the centerpiece of the company, which you could say they have already done based on how he's booked.

Its not really a great strategy for WWE. The people that are booing Reigns because he is seen as the corporate pick aren't doing that because of the story, its because that's the real life situation. They should just embrace it.