The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

gail kim is probably one of most underrated ladies in pro wrestling. she can take a bump and was a pretty over performer. she would be someone to rebuild the divas division around in the E, since she can go, is still hot, and can be a pretty damn good heel with her attitude. i think tna was able to use her well enough wwe wasn't able to

honeslty, if daffney's career wasn't cut short, she would have been a legend in the business

Edited by Olias

:shock:

Reid Flair, 25-Year-Old Son Of Ric Flair, Passes Away

By Daniel Pena

Mar 29, 2013 - 1:36:48 PM

Reid Flair, the 25-year-old son of legendary wrestler Ric Flair, has been found dead, PWInsider.com reports Friday.

Details concerning his passing have not been disclosed.

With his background, Flair was hailed as future wrestling star dating back to high school as he was an accomplished amateur wrestler who achieved numerous awards. His career, however, was sidetracked in 2009 due to a slew of personal issues, including an arrest that found him in possession of black tar heroin.

Following a hiatus from the squared circle, Reid made his in-ring debut for All Japan Wrestling in January, replacing his sick father in a tag team match due to the WWE Hall of Famer suffering a blood clot in his leg. Last month, Reid competed in All Japan's Excite Series tour, wrestling undercard tag team matches. On March 15, Flair wrestled his first singles match in All Japan, causing Yasufumi Nakanoue to submit with the Figure Four Leglock. He was scheduled to make independent appearances in Maryland this weekend with his father.

RIP

Wrestling Industry reacts to Reid Flair Passing

Several wrestling personalities have reacted to the news of Reid Flair passing away. Here are some tweets.

@The305MVP: Reid... Rest In Power young man. Positive vibes to Naitch & family.

@TherealRVD: Our condolences are with the Flair family.

@Mikethemiz: Been on a flight all day just heard about the passing of Reid. My thoughts and prayers go out to Ric Flair and his family.

@R_Roddy_Piper: My heart is with Ric and Reid Flair today! Reid was my son too!

@ChuckPalumbo: Im shocked to hear of Reid Flair's passing. I remember him as a child hangin out backstage at wcw shows, he was a really good kid.

@WWEMcGillicutty: Prayers for the Flair family today. Reid was a good man. Saddened to hear this news...

@SShaneHelmsCom: Heartbroken to hear about the passing of Reid Flair. So young. I can't imagine what Ric is going through.

@the_ironsheik: I just hear the Reid Flair Ric son die. That break my heart. God bless him and his family forever

@EBischoff: Heavy heart. Our thoughts, prayers, and sympathy to Ric Flair and family at the passing of Reid Flair. Such a sad day.

@RealKurtAngle: To Ric flair and His family, I'm So Sorry for the Loss of Reid, Ric's Son. You Were family to Me. GOD Bless You Ric! I Love U

Jericho and Undertaker are advertised for Post-WM

The O2 in London is advertising The Undertaker for the Tuesday, April 23 Smackdown TV taping. "The Undertaker returns! It's official, WWE SmackDown on 23 April will feature one of the greatest WWE Superstars of all time, The Undertaker, in a London exclusive not to be missed. See The Phenom live for the first time in over four years."

WWE will be taping Raw in London on Monday, April 22nd, and Chris Jericho is listed for the event on WWE's roster page. Fozzy is scheduled for a European Tour simultaneous to WWE's bi-annual European Tour. Fozzy has an open-date on April 22nd, allowing Jericho to be part of Raw prior to continuing the Fozzy tour on April 23.

I can't imagine what Ric is going through, a father should never have to bury a child. I know how hard it was for me to lose my father a few years back, but to lose a child, my condolences go out to Ric and his family.

Well after such a downer with Reid's passing I think all wrestling fans could use a bit of a pick me up. Here's an update on Scott Hall. I'd say this is the best he has looked in years:

• Upvote 1

Jericho reveals original WM plans

Chris Jericho recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he was considered for several ideas for WrestleMania 29, including a mixed tag match at one point. When Jericho left for a tour of Australia with Fozzy, the plan was for him to turn heel and feud with Ryback. He came back from the tour and was informed by Eric Pankowski that plans changed and he would be facing Fandango as a babyface. Jericho admitted he wasn't happy with the change in plans at first but he's excited after the way things have worked out. Jericho will take some time off after WrestleMania to tour with Fozzy from April 13th through the 28th. The deal he came back under was for WrestleMania but there is an understanding that he would like to work with WWE when other projects aren't going on. At 42 years old, Jericho isn't looking at taking long periods away from wrestling. When Jericho returned this time, he negotiated his deal with Triple H, not Vince McMahon. Jericho also spoke about last week's NXT TV tapings and said he specifically asked to work with Bray Wyatt because he likes his style and loves his new gimmick. Jericho estimated Wyatt will be a main roster star in a year and a major star in two. He also praised Adrian Neville, the former Pac, for his match against Antonio Cesaro. Jericho also feels that NXT Diva Emma would get over very well on the main roster with her dancing gimmick.

Plans for Alberto Del Rio

One of the major goals for 2013 is to make Alberto Del Rio into the Mexican babyface star that Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio were. Regardless of what happens at WrestleMania with Jack Swagger possibly winning or Dolph Ziggler cashing in, the direction of the World Heavyweight Title picture is still all about building Del Rio.

Ken Shamrock say he's reached out to WWE about returning. Also talks about Lesnar, Vince vs. Dana White

Ring Rust Radio interviewed former WWE superstar Ken Shamrock. Here are some highlights. If he would return to WWE and how winning the world title would cement his legacy: "Oh, definitely. I've tried to reach out, but I've been hitting some walls. I'm not sure if my messages are getting through or not. In my career, if you follow my career and watched everything that I've ever done from the time I was in high school to where I'm at now, I've always been able to reach the pinnacle. In football, I was able to win championships and go to bowl games in college, be an All-American linebacker and there were a lot of things I was able to accomplish. In my professional career, every time I jumped into an organization, I always reached the top and the title. I know with NWA with Jeff Jarrett, TNA, I was their first heavyweight champion, so I was able to reach that pinnacle. With Pancrase, I was their first champion and was also able to bring it to the U.S. using my character. I also reached the level in the UFC as a heavyweight champion, one of the first of all time, also rookie of the year, fighter of the year. I got into pro wrestling, I've got tag team champion, Intercontinental champion, King of the Ring. There were several times where I wished I had got that opportunity, and probably should have had that opportunity, to at least challenge for the Heavyweight Championship belt. I never got that opportunity, and I'm not sure why, but it is what it is. I will keep fighting to try and get that opportunity and close this thing up to be probably one of the only persons in sports history to go into several different organizations and become world champion in every one of them."

Brock Lesnar and the transition from wrestling to MMA: "People go, 'What about Brock Lesnar?' Brock Lesnar was not a true MMA fighter. Brock Lesnar was basically eye candy for MMA. He came in there, he was big, he was strong, he won a few matches, he captured the title and then he was out. Not much of a career. He is a true pro wrestler and amateur wrestler, so I think it's a lot easier making the transition from being an amateur wrestler and pro wrestler into MMA than it is being an MMA fighter into pro wrestling."

Vince McMahon vs. Dana White: "That would be awesome. The only thing is that this is what I know about Dana [White], and you can ask anyone, Dana always talks and talks and talks, but I've never seen him do anything. I saw Vince talk, talk and talk, and he has done something, he has gotten into the ring, he has participated with the fighters and the wrestlers. I have not seen Dana White do that. I've seen him call out Tito [Ortiz] like they were gonna fight, and it never happened. I've never seen Dana interact with his business the way that Vince has. Vince has stepped in the ring against guys he's pissed off. Hey, you gotta give him credit for that. He stepped into the lion's den, per say. He did step into the Lion's Den one time!"

Original Plans for WWE HOF 2013

Chyna may have been telling the truth when she said she recently spoke to Vince McMahon about a possible Hall of Fame induction. DX may be inducted as a group at WrestleMania 30. The original plan was to headline this year's Hall of Fame with DX if they couldn't get a deal worked out with Bruno Sammartino. Regarding inductors for this year's class, Maria Menounos will be inducting Bob Backlund, Terry Funk will induct Mick Foley and Arnold Schwarzenegger will induct Bruno. It's expected Lita will induct Trish Stratus and Stevie Ray will induct his brother Booker T.

Vince, Stephanie, New Age OutLaws in HHH's corner at WM.

You'd think HBK would be in HHH's corner too as Lesnar broke his arm last year and would want comeuppance.

Being the Match is No Holds Barred, I can see NAO and Vince getting involved to get payback on Lesnar for attacking them.

To continue the importance behind Triple H's career being on the line in his match with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 29, WZ has learned WWE is planning to have Hunter's friends, and possibly even relatives, in his corner that night. There's talk of having members of D-X by his side, and maybe even Stephanie McMahon. Vince could very well play a role in the match as well. The personal tone to this match has already been set by Brock Lesnar first attacking, and "injuring", Hunter's father-in-law, Vince. He also interrupted the match between Rhodes Scholars and the New Age Outlaws, attacking Billy Gunn and Road Dogg. Paul Heyman has made a variety of personal comments toward Triple H and his family during promos. The one person not mentioned regarding possible involvement in the match this year is Shawn Michaels. The feeling is he might be left out since he played such an intricate role in last year's WrestleMania match between Triple H and Undertaker.

Backstage News on Rock vs. Lesnar at WM 30 as Main Event.

According to this, there will be an encounter to tease a match between the two, either the night after WM or at Extreme Rules PPV.

There are some in the company that wonder why The Rock and Brock would both go under at WrestleMania if they're supposed to face each other at a later date. It's been reported that Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock is in the works for WrestleMania 30 in 2014. WWE officials are planning a "subtle" encounter between the two to tease the match the night after WrestleMania 29 and most likely the Extreme Rules pay-per-view. Officials want to make sure nothing too physical happens so fans aren't expecting the match to happen this year. While it's expected both Rock and Brock will lose their respective matches at WrestleMania 29 this year, there are those in the company scratching their heads at the idea of both men losing this year and then main eventing next year.

Batista has had talks with HHH about returning to WWE.

Batista being in attendance for the recent NXT TV tapings and shooting an interview for WWE's upcoming Triple H DVD led to speculation among fans that he may be returning to WWE. We can confirm that Batista has had talks with Triple H about returning. It's said Batista wants a similar "big money" deal similar to Brock Lesnar, where he would work a few dates per year and for big feuds only. No word yet on how serious the talks are but it's believed Batista will have to settle for less than he wants if WWE is going to make him an offer.
Edited by J529

WWE considering Cena heel turn at WM.

It ain't happening.

Believe it or not, there has been at least some talk of turning John Cena heel with the idea that a second loss to The Rock at WrestleMania 29 would be the first big step towards the turn. There was one suggestion during a creative meeting that would have seen Cena go full-fledged heel during the match but we don't know if it's even being considered. There was also talk of a heel Cena getting the win at WrestleMania and then winning the rematch against The Rock at Extreme Rules also. While

there's been lots of reports about Rock working Extreme Rules, a WWE source close to creative says it's not 100% yet that Rock will work that pay-per-view. With that said, the source does not expect Cena to turn heel when it comes down to it, just because he is John Cena and is the face of the company.

Discussions about Bobby Lashley returning to TNA

According to PWInsider, there has been some discussions with Bobby Lashley about returning to TNA. Lashley acknowledged these discussions in a recent podcast. Lashley had a fairly short stint with TNA in late 2009 before leaving in 2010.

How is Big E. Langston's finisher supposed to hurt?

a bump's a bump, it'll hurt regardless-- but in kayfabe, Be E. is a huge guy and driving someone down face first and getting his huge arm to the gut on the landing wouldn't feel too good, and possibly knock the wind out of you. since he is a big guy, that move works well with him.

There's a clip with Big E. hitting seth rollins with that move and rollins text book sold it