The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Rumors have surfaced online that NXT Champion Finn Balor may have suffered either a leg or ankle injury at Friday’s WWE NXT Live Event in 

Several fans noted on Twitter that he was Nashville, Tennessee during his match with Samoa Joe.leaving the venue on crutches and was helped into a car. He is scheduled to work the rest of this weekend’s live events. 

We hope to have an update shortly.

Jesus...

It was noted earlier that Finn Balor may have suffered an injury at Friday night's WWE NXT Live Event in Tennessee. WWE has confirmed those reports. Here is an excerpt of what they reported: 

NXT Champion Finn Bálor suffered an ankle injury on Saturday during an NXT Live Event in Nashville, Tenn. According to WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann, "Finn Bálor suffered an ankle injury, and will be unable to compete tonight." 

The NXT Champion will undergo further evalution on Monday, Amann said.

tumblr_inline_o1q8hcm6xr1r30dnf_500.gif

There's like $30 tickets available on ticketmaster right now for the Abbotsford House Show (After all their fee shenanigans that is, it's $20 originally.)

They're like the $&!#tiest seats in the house, but there seem to be a lot of seats available still.

Had a cousin who just came out of the hospital who really wanted to go, so I couldn't say no.

Also, AJ Styles and Sasha Banks had better be there. Or I'm going to send my cousin back to the hospital, lol.

21 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

There's like $30 tickets available on ticketmaster right now for the Abbotsford House Show (After all their fee shenanigans that is, it's $20 originally.)

They're like the $&!#tiest seats in the house, but there seem to be a lot of seats available still.

Had a cousin who just came out of the hospital who really wanted to go, so I couldn't say no.

Also, AJ Styles and Sasha Banks had better be there. Or I'm going to send my cousin back to the hospital, lol.

Styles will be there. That was confirmed last week lol.

16 minutes ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

Styles will be there. That was confirmed last week lol.

If he's absent, I will fight him (my cousin.) Not paying $30 for a Reigns main event squash match, lol. The confirmed squad is quite small/poor, so I hope there's more to it, like a surprise or two. AJ Styles and The New Day are currently two of the main attractions on that small list. Becky and Charlotte for a divas match should be fun. I want to see Rusev as well, but I assume he's in that above mentioned main event loss to Roman.

Sasha Banks isn't confirmed, but she is coming from tonight's Penticton show, so I assume she will be there. There's a couple of people coming in from the San Jose show as well. There's no split squad, and no other committed engagements they could particularly have, as this is their only Sunday show. It just depends on how many people they want to drag out for this, because neither previous house show, nor the next Raw, are far away (well San Jose is not close enough that both squads can completely merge, lol.)

Edited by g_bassi13

It's likely going to be a particularly marky/child heavy crowd, as:

1) It's a house show

2) It's in Abbotsford, not Vancouver

3) Most other types will be watching the Superbowl.

But it'd be cool if it was an atmosphere I will end up getting more immersed in.

14 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

If he's absent, I will fight him (my cousin.) Not paying $30 for a Reigns main event squash match, lol. The confirmed squad is quite small/poor, so I hope there's more to it, like a surprise or two. AJ Styles and The New Day are currently two of the main attractions on that small list. Becky and Charlotte for a divas match should be fun. I want to see Rusev as well, but I assume he's in that above mentioned main event loss to Roman.

Sasha Banks isn't confirmed, but she is coming from tonight's Penticton show, so I assume she will be there. There's a couple of people coming in from the San Jose show as well. There's no split squad, and no other committed engagements they could particularly have, as this is their only Sunday show. It just depends on how many people they want to drag out for this, because neither previous house show, nor the next Raw, are far away (well San Jose is not close enough that both squads can completely merge, lol.)

eh, you're not going to get a whole lot from the "C" shows. if the new day is there, then thats worth the price of admission, and they'd have them close the show... they have to

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

eh, you're not going to get a whole lot from the "C" shows. if the new day is there, then thats worth the price of admission, and they'd have them close the show... they have to

Yeah I know. The squad they've confirmed is already too small to put on a show by themselves. By surprises I meant guys like Jack Swagger, and Heath Slater. I would love to see those two personally. Maybe a Ziggler or two.

I mean San Jose got Lesnar tonight, so not all house shows are really that bad.

Just now, g_bassi13 said:

Yeah I know. The squad they've confirmed is already too small to put on a show by themselves. By surprises I meant guys like Jack Swagger, and Heath Slater. I would love to see those two personally. Maybe a Ziggler or two.

I mean San Jose got Lesnar tonight, so not all house shows are really that bad.

san jose's more of a A-B show, but we're way down there for how wwe views coming here

6 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Seeing Triple H wrestle at a live event in almost 7 years (?) is a pretty good consolation prize, though. At least that was confirmed by the last outlaw a few weeks ago.

Edited by shiznak

6 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Seeing Triple H wrestle at a live event in almost 7 years (?) is a pretty good consolation prize, though. At least he was confirmed by, the last outlaw.

The guy is legit one of my least favourite wrestlers of all time, but it would be very cool if he showed up. Would certainly add something to the experience if he had a match.

BC at it again:

- There was a brief incident at last night's WWE live event in Penticton, British Columbia when Stardust got into it with a fan at ringside. Stardust was in the middle of some heel antics when the man apparently got offended, according to our correspondent, who noted that the man may have been intoxicated. The man ended up being taken away by security and reportedly tried to fight police on his way out. Below are some photos:

Embedded image permalink

Edited by Grapefruits

Went to the show. Show was good, minus Reigns, but whatever.

Thing is I got to meet AJ &^@#ing Styles. He responded to me, my brother, and cousin calling out his name, so he walked towards us. Got to ask him got about the Bullet Club coming to the WWE, in which he pretty much confirmed to us that Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows were coming. Something like "The pieces are coming, but whether that'll happen, we'll have to see together."

Got a picture signed, and managed to take a picture of him with my brother and cousin. Wanted to get one of him with me, but  it became crowded. Kids came in and took their turns, so that was all cool. But there was this annoying guy who took individual pictures with him and his entire family, while shoving and blocking everyone out. So I missed that part, but that was okay.

Made my day, week, month, whatever. It was so cool. He was the only guy that bothered to meet and greet as well, though Becky Lynch seemed genuinely happy about the crowd, before during and after. Went in and felt obligated to buy an AJ Styles shirt, which actually looks pretty sweet as well,

Show was pretty fun. They essentially flew in the exact same roster from the San Jose show, with Del Rio replacing Lesnar, and all the Penticton guys got the day off, I believe. Meant no Sasha Banks, Tyler Breeze, or Ambrose, but it wasn't lacking name recognition on the whole.

Enzo and Cass were there from San Jose, and put on the first match with The Ascension. Crowd loved them, and had their catch phrases down. Fun match, and getting these guys to put on a match for us from NXT is such a nice bonus.

Then Miz vs Styles, which was the highlight of the night for me in terms of what actually went on in the ring. Was a solid match, Miz got in a lot of offence, and had me forgetting that he had no actual chance of winning. Large portion of the crowd was obviously there to just see Styles, judging by the reaction to him, and how much they were chanting.

Rusev blew away Curtis Axel, which was sad, but we got to see Axel, so cool. Then Rusev takes the mic, and asks if this is the best Canada has to offer against him. I began to speculate who it could be, figuring Chris Jericho was the only option, but then an American Flag flashed across the Screen, for Jack Swagger to enter. I mean I like Swagger quite a bit, but that tease hurt, lol. Swagger got to go over, and Axel came back in afterwards to knock Rusev out of the ring.

6 Man Tag between the New Day, and The Usos + Ryback. These are 3 of the guys I'm most apathetic towards put together in one team, so I was really hoping New Day had a chance, but the basic house show rules regarding heels vs. faces applied, and they lost. Big E ate some kids poster.

Then this massive intermission sucked a lot of momentum for what was a pretty hot crowd. Like longer than a Hockey intermission or a Football halftime type of long.

So the Lucha Dragons suffered for this. But Sin Cara was back from injury for this. So very cool. Crowd was so dead at first until they started to put on a show. They faced Los Matadores, which explained my confusion when I saw Diego and Fernando drive in with Del Rio. Good match.

Then Becky faced Charlotte, and it was awesome to see them deliver two of the best Divas they have for a show like this. Neither performed to the best of their abilities, but it was still one probably only next to Styles vs. Miz for the best of the night.

Then Reigns came out. Booed my hardest against him, and cheering my hardest for Del Rio, so it worked if I consider Reigns a heel. But he went over, obviously. Did his 3 moves, was beaten for most of the match, but then a spear, so same stupid formula. Crowd had a heavy kid portion, so they left happy. Much of the crowd was for him. But I just imagine how much better such a show could have ended if the face of the company was someone like Bryan, or anyone else, where everyone would leave happy. Other Smarks left similarly dejected a bit, like I did. I cannot stand the super babyface formula they're so stuck to, makes for matches/companies like this. 

Left with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth because of the main event, but I met AJ Styles, so I absolutely don't care, lol. It was not the A of A squads, but it was an easy B.

Edit: Also got to call out Charles Robinson, who responded when we yelled out "Chuck! Chuck you're awesome!" His reaction was with a smile and a shout out, so that was another highlight, lol.

Edited by g_bassi13
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Went to the show. Show was good, minus Reigns, but whatever.

Thing is I got to meet AJ &^@#ing Styles. He responded to me, my brother, and cousin calling out his name, so he walked towards us. Got to ask him got about the Bullet Club coming to the WWE, in which he pretty much confirmed to us that Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows were coming. Something like "The pieces are coming, but whether that'll happen, we'll have to see together."

Got a picture signed, and managed to take a picture of him with my brother and cousin. Wanted to get one of him with me, but  it became crowded. Kids came in and took their turns, so that was all cool. But there was this annoying guy who took individual pictures with him and his entire family, while shoving and blocking everyone out. So I missed that part, but that was okay.

Made my day, week, month, whatever. It was so cool. He was the only guy that bothered to meet and greet as well, though Becky Lynch seemed genuinely happy about the crowd, before during and after. Went in and felt obligated to buy an AJ Styles shirt, which actually looks pretty sweet as well,

Show was pretty fun. They essentially flew in the exact same roster from the San Jose show, with Del Rio replacing Lesnar, and all the Penticton guys got the day off, I believe. Meant no Sasha Banks, Tyler Breeze, or Ambrose, but it wasn't lacking name recognition on the whole.

Enzo and Cass were there from San Jose, and put on the first match with The Ascension. Crowd loved them, and had their catch phrases down. Fun match, and getting these guys to put on a match for us from NXT is such a nice bonus.

Then Miz vs Styles, which was the highlight of the night for me in terms of what actually went on in the ring. Was a solid match, Miz got in a lot of offence, and had me forgetting that he had no actual chance of winning. Large portion of the crowd was obviously there to just see Styles, judging by the reaction to him, and how much they were chanting.

Rusev blew away Curtis Axel, which was sad, but we got to see Axel, so cool. Then Rusev takes the mic, and asks if this is the best Canada has to offer against him. I began to speculate who it could be, figuring Chris Jericho was the only option, but then an American Flag flashed across the Screen, for Jack Swagger to enter. I mean I like Swagger quite a bit, but that tease hurt, lol. Swagger got to go over, and Axel came back in afterwards to knock Rusev out of the ring.

6 Man Tag between the New Day, and The Usos + Ryback. These are 3 of the guys I'm most apathetic towards put together in one team, so I was really hoping New Day had a chance, but the basic house show rules regarding heels vs. faces applied, and they lost. Big E ate some kids poster.

Then this massive intermission sucked a lot of momentum for what was a pretty hot crowd. Like longer than a Hockey intermission or a Football halftime type of long.

So the Lucha Dragons suffered for this. But Sin Cara was back from injury for this. So very cool. Crowd was so dead at first until they started to put on a show. They faced Los Matadores, which explained my confusion when I saw Diego and Fernando drive in with Del Rio. Good match.

Then Becky faced Charlotte, and it was awesome to see them deliver two of the best Divas they have for a show like this. Neither performed to the best of their abilities, but it was still one probably only next to Styles vs. Miz for the best of the night.

Then Reigns came out. Booed my hardest against him, and cheering my hardest for Del Rio, so it worked if I consider Reigns a heel. But he went over, obviously. Did his 3 moves, was beaten for most of the match, but then a spear, so same stupid formula. Crowd had a heavy kid portion, so they left happy. Much of the crowd was for him. But I just imagine how much better such a show could have ended if the face of the company was someone like Bryan, or anyone else, where everyone would leave happy. Other Smarks left similarly dejected a bit, like I did. I cannot stand the super babyface formula they're so stuck to, makes for matches/companies like this. 

Left with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth because of the main event, but I met AJ Styles, so I absolutely don't care, lol. It was not the A of A squads, but it was an easy B.

Edit: Also got to call out Charles Robinson, who responded when we yelled out "Chuck! Chuck you're awesome!" His reaction was with a smile and a shout out, so that was another highlight, lol.

The one thing that stands out to me here is you did not mention HHH. Was he there? Do anything exciting? 

On a note that could bring some hope; I'm not one to jump on a "Haircut" for most stories, but for a guy whose been known as "The Beard" / "The Flying Goat" Any sort of change in appearance is something to be, at the very least, looked into and watched until more develops. - I'm hoping to god he's in town for more than just an appearance.

Daniel-Bryan-Trims.jpg

tumblr_o27rm8twxc1rg89a6o1_500.jpg 

Daniel Bryan was seen at a Phoenix, AZ airport heading to Seattle, WA which is the site of tomorrow night's WWE RAW. PWInsider.com has confirmed with sources that Bryan is currently scheduled to appear on tomorrow's show. This would be his first WWE TV appearance (not including Total Divas) since Tough Enough ended. 

Speaking of Bryan, there has been speculation that he cut his hair and trimmed his beard when an Instagram photo was posted last night of him with Brie and friends. At this point, there has been no confirmation if the photo was recent or was taken years ago. However, another photo has surfaced of Bryan at the Phoenix airport with the same look. 

6 hours ago, Nail3738 said:

The one thing that stands out to me here is you did not mention HHH. Was he there? Do anything exciting? 

He wasn't there.

I don't know if he was promised to be on the card, but he didn't show up. Didn't mind, as i wasn't there to see him.

Also what's all this $&!# about Bryan? This is going to suuuuuuuck.