The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

It was confirmed a week ago that it was a heart attack:

http://www.tmz.com/2...r-heart-attack/

That being said however, I had the exact same thought last night about the death being a work. It would be crazy if it was true.

But BOY OH BOY, was that crowd ever dead for the Taker/Punk segment last night. But both Taker & Punk seem to be sleepwalking through a rehashed 1995 storyline and I really don't blame them. They haven't had much to work with.

It's why it's called a work, anyways, I thought last nights segment was actually pretty decent, the problem is the crowd itself with this angle, many of them like CM Punk but have a hard time cheering or booing, this is exactly what is wrong with WWE, they continue to pretend that smarks don't exist or insult their intelligence.

When you have a relatively gimmick free product, in contrast to the 80's, where many wrestlers can identify with the common man, of course people are going to cheer for them, and this is why John Cena is boo'd, he comes off as nothing more than that jock in highschool who probably dated the prom queen, etc etc, there is nothing there to relate to, in a gimmick free product, you have to have tweeners, it's basic IMO.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what the reaction to Bearer's death being a work would be. I'd applaud and laugh and call it great entertainment. I know a majority of people would find it sick, especially considering the questions that would arise in the future when former/current superstars pass.

Then again, Bearer is probably the one character that could get away with this.

I was excited for Henry vs Ryback as I like the power vs power type matches but I was hoping they would maintain an adult at least semi believable approach however marketing Ryback as stronger than Henry is absurd let alone having both of them break records that neither man can come close to.

The Mark Henry smiling bit amused me though, nostalgic sexual chocolate moment.

i don't think anyone is hyped for wrestlemania

When the only thing that can make Wrestlemania good is the same outcome from last years main event, ugh. Unless Punk ends the streak or Fandango/Jericho steals the show, there won't be much to talk about.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not excited at all for Wrestlemania. I'm really excited to watch X-Travaganza this Friday though, 15 dollars for an amazing X-Division card? I'm in!

Whats the card?

And I am interested to see the Cena/Rock match. Though Cena will likely win.

Aside from that nothing too good though.

Whats the card?

And I am interested to see the Cena/Rock match. Though Cena will likely win.

Aside from that nothing too good though.

Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe

Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian vs Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt

Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn (No DQ)

Rubix vs Kenny King vs Zema Ion vs Mason Andrews (Ultimate X)

Robbie E vs Chavo Guerrero (Joseph Park as Special Referee)

Tony Nese and Ra'Shad Cameron vs Douglas Williams and Kid Kash

Matt Bentley vs PUMA vs Lince Dorado vs Sam Shaw vs Alex Silva vs Christian York vs Jimmy Rave (Xscape)

The more I think about it, Cena may turn heel at WM. People have been complaining about how poorly and predictable the buildup to WM has been, but Vince knows that fans will still buy the PPV, just because its WM. I would imagine Vince will finally hit us with the swerve that the people want to see, and that's a Cena heel. Everyone will be talking about the turn the next night, and not how Wrestlemania was poorly booked and predictable.

I also came up a thoery that Laurinaitis will cost the Rock the match and align himself with Cena. I mean there's a reason why he came back on Smackdown and had a altercation with the Rock.

Wishful thinking.

Edited by shiznak

The more I think about it, Cena may turn heel at WM. People have been complaining about how poorly and predictable the buildup to WM has been, but Vince knows that fans will still buy the PPV, just because its WM. I would imagine Vince will finally hit us with the swerve that the people want to see, and that's a Cena heel. Everyone will be talking about the turn the next night, and not how Wrestlemania was poorly booked and predictable.

I also came up a thoery that Laurinaitis will cost the Rock the match and align himself with Cena. I mean there's a reason why he came back on Smackdown and had a altercation with the Rock.

Wishful thinking.

It definitely seemed random for John Laurinaitis to show up on SmackDown, but there was no follow up on Raw on Monday? Or was there?

Wishful thinking.

Both of those ideas have actually been a common believe floating around for the past 2 weeks.

But keep in mind the writing has been very poor lately they have flip flopped and abandoned numerous potential story lines the last month to what many credit to having to many cooks in the kitchen as they fired the lead writer and have 4 people or so doing the same job now. I wouldn't be surprised if Laurinaitis has nothing to do with it.

I don't think the Rock and Cena match is that predictable though personally. Most assumed Cena would win simply so the Rock can go back to making movies but the Rock is already confirmed to stay another month that gives them a pretty wide set of possible outcomes.

I do hope Cena goes heel though. he bores the hell out of me as a face.

I do hope Cena goes heel though. he bores the hell out of me as a face.

his promo on raw seemed a bit odd saying "you'll witness something you've never seen before" or something along those lines

also, i can't get enough of stone cold ET. this guy is hilarious. watched his video at some family wrestling show where he was with big daddy v and his gimmick is downing reese's pieces and whoopin some ass!

chris masters and carlito

B)

Edited by Olias

Guess I'll post my WM 29 predictions as I do every year for WM. Can't say I'm too enthused about it, but I guess that's a good thing considering I'll be working this year during the event. I won't be too disapointed I'm missing out.

Pre-Show

Intercontinental Championship

Wade Barrett © vs. The Miz

Who I want to win: Wade Barrett

Who will win: Wade Barrett

If they want the IC Title to be meaningful again then at least make it the first match of the actual card, not the free pre-show. If they want to make mean even less they'll strap a really weak face with it. Barrett should retain and if he doesn't, may god have mercy on the IC Title.

WWE Championship

The Rock © vs. John Cena

Who I want to win: The Rock

Who will win: John Cena

Unless The Rock has committed to another month or two of staying on TV or if WWE plans on doing the unthinkable and having the title switch hands the next night on Raw (or even worse, have The Rock forfit the title) Cena will come out of this as the new champion. The real question is, will he turn heel. I'd like to think this would happen just for a fresh set of stories, but I can't see it with no one near the Cena level of super-face. If The Rock beats Cena clean at two straight Wrestlemania's I'll be shocked.

World Heavyweight Championship

Alberto Del Rio © vs. Jack Swagger

Who I want to win: Alberto Del Rio

Who will win: Alberto Del Rio

I can't see WWE strapping a guy who would've failed their wellness policy a month ago and my gut feeling is Swagger is only on TV right now because it was too close to Wrestlemania. I see ADR retaining.

Bonus Match for WHC

Alberto Del Rio © vs. Dolph Ziggler

Who I want to win: Dolph Ziggler

Who will win: Dolph Ziggler

Unless he does it the next night on Raw, Ziggler can't hold on to his MitB briefcase for much longer. It would be great to give him the title at WM considering the crap he's put up with and quality matches he has put on week after week the past year. If this doesn't happen at WM, take it to the bank that he'll cash in the following night.

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

Who I want to win: CM Punk

Who will win: The Undertaker

C'mon, if you were a betting man you wouldn't bet against 20-0. I think CM Punk still has 10+ quality years to give this company, so a big win like this would be huge for him. I've also heard that The Undertaker wouldn't mind his streak ending. Who knows, but for now I'd say The Undertaker wins for the fact that we only see him in official matches about once a year now. On a side note, anyone else shocked that it didn't end up being Undertaker vs. Lesnar instead?

Sheamus, Randy Orton & The Big Show vs. The Shield

Who I want to win: The Shield

Who will win: The Shield

If the rumors of Orton turning heel are true, it would be great if he joined The Shield though I'd be worried it would hurt the development of Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns. Not expecting much from this, but if Orton doesn't turn heel the faces will prevail. I'll stick with The Shield for prediction purposes though.

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

Who I want to win: don't care

Who will win: Ryback

This could be a good match, or a real dog. I'm guessing the moon would have to be aligned just right for the former to happen.

Tag Team Championships

Team Hell No © vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston

Who I want to win: Team Hell No

Who will win: Ziggler & Langston

I have a feeling that Team Hell No will have run it's course as most singles put together tag teams have a 1 year or less shelf life. Ziggler will likely be carrying more gold after this weekend then he has in the past two years.

Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H

Who I want to win: Brock Lesnar

Who will win: Brock Lesnar

Please give Brock Lesnar something more relevant to do. Please. I guess that also is up to how much Brock wants to appear on TV though. Triple H seems happy in his backstage role and probably wants to hang em up while he has his health so he can continue in that capacity. I doubt this will end up being his last ever match, but I don't think we'll see him in an active role for quite a while.

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

Who I want to win: Either or is ok with me

Who will win: Fandango

No way this guy loses in his debut match. No way. I just hope he works his tail off so people can stop chanting "you can't wrestle" at him. He'll probably blow it though and this match will be removed from the DVD release!

Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins

Who I want to win: Who cares

Who will win: Tons of Funk

This seems to be this years token "get up and urinate and re-stock your food items" match of the night. Although Ryback/Henry and the 3 way tag match could also make this category as well. This will probably be the filler between Punk/Undertaker and the main event of the night.

Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins

This seems to be this years token "get up and urinate and re-stock your food items" match of the night.

This also happens to be the only time the divas make it into the ring, so yes, this is a "washroom break" match.

Cena on Turning Heel

NorthJersey.com has an article about John Cena and all the charity work that he does with WWE. Cena brought up the charity work he does when talking about not turning heel: "To sacrifice all that I do for a short-term story... it doesn't seem worth it.

Possible Cena Feud Post WM

Would it be a face/face feud or does Ryback turn heel?

WWE officials have discussed having Ryback feud with John Cena for the WWE Title after WrestleMania 29. WWE planted the seeds for the feud when Cena eliminated Ryback to win the Royal Rumble this year.

WM match could be changed. Ziggler, AJ, Langston to get big push coming out of WM.

We noted before that AJ Lee and Divas Champion Kaitlyn may be added to the Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston match at WrestleMania 29, making it a six-person match with all titles on the line. WWE may save AJ and Kaitlyn for RAW but word is that the group of AJ, Ziggler and Langston are scheduled to get a big push coming out of WrestleMania.