The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Plans for The Shield Six-Man Tag Match

The original plan for the big six-man match was for Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show to defeat Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose but those plans have reportedly changed.

Purpose of Ryback/Henry is to give Ryback a big WM moment.

Ryback vs. Mark Henry at WrestleMania 29 is being designed to give Ryback his big WrestleMania moment.

It definitely seemed random for John Laurinaitis to show up on SmackDown, but there was no follow up on Raw on Monday? Or was there?

There doesn't need to be a follow up on Raw, because it would be too obvious that Laurinaitis will interfere in the match.

Why Fandango is being pushed

Fandango is getting a spot on WrestleMania 29 because the character is Vince McMahon's new pet project. Vince is said to be a big fan of the gimmick and the arrogance that comes with it. The idea at WrestleMania 29 is for Chris Jericho to make the Fandango character stronger. Vince is really behind the success of Fandango.

I gotta laugh at people suggesting Orton join the Shield for his heel turn. People crap on the WWE for doing the same thing over and over yet you want Orton joining another faction?

What purpose does Orton joinging the Shield serve? It doesn't help Rollins Ambrose or Reigns that much it certainly doesn't help Orton either. When Orton turns heel it would be better suited he's solo we don't need Evolution/Legacy 2.0.

I'm almost beginning to thing Paul Bearer's death is a work to end the streak, Paul Heyman rolls out a casket as Undertaker is about to finish CM Punk off, Bearer pops out, Undertaker is stunned, Punk gives him the GTS and rolls him into the casket.

I honestly think this is possible, try finding any information about William Moody's death and all you have is a former pro wrestler confirming he was having respiratory problems, no actual cause of death.

Here comes the greatest work WWE has ever pulled off, and I applaud them if it's true.

It was confirmed a week ago that it was a heart attack:

http://www.tmz.com/2...r-heart-attack/

That being said however, I had the exact same thought last night about the death being a work. It would be crazy if it was true.

But BOY OH BOY, was that crowd ever dead for the Taker/Punk segment last night. But both Taker & Punk seem to be sleepwalking through a rehashed 1995 storyline and I really don't blame them. They haven't had much to work with.

No way that happens. Fans had speculated and questioned if Owen Hart and Eddie Guerrero were really dead or if it was all one heck of a work, which is certainly was not.

That idea would be great to use as the finish to the match and ending The Streak. Just have someone else in the casket dressed as Paul Bearer and have them say "ohhh yesss" I'm sure they have audio of Bearer saying it.

I gotta laugh at people suggesting Orton join the Shield for his heel turn. People crap on the WWE for doing the same thing over and over yet you want Orton joining another faction?

What purpose does Orton joinging the Shield serve? It doesn't help Rollins Ambrose or Reigns that much it certainly doesn't help Orton either. When Orton turns heel it would be better suited he's solo we don't need Evolution/Legacy 2.0.

Orton doesn't need to have any association with them. He's better on his own as you said. I'd like to see the return of Age Of Orton.

Owen Hart's Widow and WWE Settle Lawsuit.

Owen finally gets the recognition he deserves with HOF in 2014 and DVD

HARTFORD, Conn. - The widow of World Wrestling Entertainment performer Owen Hart says she has settled her lawsuit against WWE over royalties and the use of her late husband's image. The settlement was announced Wednesday by Martha Hart. She did not disclose any details. A spokesman for WWE did not return calls for comment.

Owen Hart died in 1999 while being lowered into the wrestling ring at Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Mo. He was 34. Martha Hart sued in June 2010, alleging that WWE did not pay royalty payments owed to Owen Hart's estate and violated a contract restricting the use of her late husband's name and likeness. Linda McMahon, a former WWE executive, ran unsuccessfully as Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in Connecticut in 2010 and 2012.

Why Fandango is being pushed

At first I thought he was a gimmick to buy them more time to set up other matches and behind the scene things so the live event runs more smoothly haha.

His pants are pretty cool though.

I just hope he surprises with some good wrestling I dunno how I feel about his overly generic leg drop.

Orton joining The Shield would kind of be a step back for those three. They're doing just fine as the three of them.

Then they would have to increase 3MB to 4MB so they can fight whoever is opposing the shield every week.

• Upvote 1

Fandango is a total bust, as for Tensai and Brodus, I'd love to see Honky Tonk Man stick around as their manager. Mostly because I like seeing him hit people with his guitar.

Looks like I might get my wish. :towel:

The Honky Tonk Man Says He's Back With WWE, Agrees To Multi-Year Contract

By Daniel Pena

Apr 4, 2013 - 5:34:21 PM

The Honky Tonk Man, who held the Intercontinental Championship for a record 454 days, is back with WWE.

The 60-year-old announced Thursday that he has come to terms on a multi-year contract with the sports-entertainment organization.

"I am honored to be back with the WWE and am very excited to be teaming up with WWE again for some more Shake, Rattle and Roll," said The Honky Tonk Man in a message released via his representative on Facebook.

The Honky Tonk Man personally added on Twitter, "HTM back in the game. Inks multi yr. WWE deal. Never say Never in #WWE."

The Honky Tonk Man last appeared as a regular character for WWE in 1997, as a manager and color commentator. After competing for several years on the independent circuit, he resurfaced on last month's "Old School" episode of Raw. Following a match pitting Brodus Clay and Tensai against 3MB, the legendary wrestler smashed Heath Slater over the head with a guitar. He then danced with Clay and Tensai to his signature "Cool, Cocky, Bad" theme song.

Could be some face and heels turn at WM.

There have been a number of babyface and heel turns discussed for WrestleMania, particularly turning a few babyfaces into heels. Obviously the most-talked about turn has been John Cena, and there have been rumors for months now that Randy Orton may turn heel some time this year.