The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

11 hours ago, shiznak said:

I guess they have to work with what they got. But I just don't see Ziggler as a main event talent, especially when he hasn't won a feud in like a year. The most logic choice to win that 6 pack challenge was Bray Wyatt (God knows why he hasn't been pushed into the main event scene), but if they wanted to throw us a curveball they could have picked Baron Corbin, who I think has the potential to be a monster heel and his ring work has improve drastically, since his early NXT days. 

I think it's what Kaz said, and that they may have finally made a decision for Bray with his future in mind. Better for him to get a real chance in the future. I think

Ziggler is more expendable. It's good for him, but the issue being that don't begin to believe that he has a chance, unlike Bray.

10 hours ago, Incursio said:

Ziggler and Ambrose is...Interesting. I don't really know how WWE is going to make it feel like a big fight come SS. Ziggler just spent a couple months getting killed by Corbin. 

Overall, Raw was way better. Although that's a little unfair seeing that they have way more star power. 

It might not feel like a big fight, but it will probably at least be a good one.

But why did Raw have to have most of the talent? It goes beyond just the 3:2 ratio of roster size, they just don't have the talent. I mean just look at the Battle Royal. Granted that Miz and Orton weren't in it, but on the flip side, Baron Corbin was also one of the 5 deemed good enough to automatically advance without having to compete in it. So there's that.

7 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I think it's what Kaz said, and that they may have finally made a decision for Bray with his future in mind. Better for him to get a real chance in the future. I think

Ziggler is more expendable. It's good for him, but the issue being that don't begin to believe that he has a chance, unlike Bray.

It might not feel like a big fight, but it will probably at least be a good one.

But why did Raw have to have most of the talent? It goes beyond just the 3:2 ratio of roster size, they just don't have the talent. I mean just look at the Battle Royal. Granted that Miz and Orton weren't in it, but on the flip side, Baron Corbin was also one of the 5 deemed good enough to automatically advance without having to compete in it. So there's that.

No, Ziggler is NOT expendable when you only have the Smackdown roster to pick from; You said it yourself - Baron Corbin is supposedly one of the top 6 guys on Smackdown - Can you really spare Dolph when your top end talent pool is that shallow? He will be utilized; I do however understand entirely how you feel, Dolph has been push-teased, and then relegated back to the midcard so many times, and for a very long time, its the people around him that made me go "Wtf are you doing? He's very important now, although I don't think he'll be given the title(yet) I do think its a step in the right direction for his career. Considering Roman Reigns was pinned twice, clean in a 48 hours period, I really feel like anything can happen in WWE for the first time in a very long time.

The leash seems to have been lengthened regarding everything - promos and storyline are seeming more intelligent, in-ring promos are back instead of being exclusive on the WWE network .... I could go on, but the change is obvious

Raw is the established roster; Smackdown is a hybrid of youth - and veterans to try and create new talent and try new things - the group they have on Smackdown reminds me of the first time they did a brand split - Raw looked totally stacked compared to Smackdown, but thanks to some great veterans like Undertaker and Kurt Angle - they were able to build up new Talent like that John Cena guy.

The split should(IN THEORY) give the writing team more time to focus on a single show, It should give the wrestlers themselves a bit of a break and in turn increase roster durability(Which honestly,  it wouldn't surprise me to find out that THAT was the whole reason behind this draft and split)

Edited by Chris

On 7/28/2016 at 3:18 PM, TheHitman said:

As much as I love Finn Balor, dude just came out of nowhere and stole Cesaro's shot in the spotlight. Disappointing to say the least as Cesaro will probably flounder around the mid-card forever on Raw. 

Didn't really come outta nowhere, he's probably more main event relevant than no Charactaro

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I like Cesaro just wish they wouldn't have him doing so many uppercuts. He also needs a manager. Haymen didn't work out the 1st time but might be worth a 2nd look. 

I don't think he needs a manager, I think he needs more freedom, and less scripts to think about; when he was able to just "Shoot from the hip" he had something, he sounded a bit bitter and pissed off - and we need more of THAT Cesaro, the talent is there, he just needs to be unleashed.

Am I the only one that LOVED the Sasha/Charlotte/Enzo/Y2J Segment last night? - GREAT to see mixed tag matches back, and GREAT To see them trying to see if Enzo can stand on his own two feet.

50 minutes ago, Chris said:

I don't think he needs a manager, I think he needs more freedom, and less scripts to think about; when he was able to just "Shoot from the hip" he had something, he sounded a bit bitter and pissed off - and we need more of THAT Cesaro, the talent is there, he just needs to be unleashed.

Am I the only one that LOVED the Sasha/Charlotte/Enzo/Y2J Segment last night? - GREAT to see mixed tag matches back, and GREAT To see them trying to see if Enzo can stand on his own two feet.

More interested in Y2KO

On 8/2/2016 at 10:31 AM, Chris said:

cesaro has always struck me as rather dull but when he was bitter and saying that he's the best on the roster and is tired of being underused, reminds me of a pre-heel bret hart in early 1997. i won't give creative that much credit for cesaro's new direction, but it's something his character badly needs

i didn't much care for sasha and enzo, and trust me when i say that i love sasha-- i just think she's a higher level than enzo and to me, brings her character at a lower level than it should be, because she is up there, but the fans will love it anyways. i guess i'm too cynical, but i loved how jericho was playing charlotte up and getting them more heat, which has been pretty hard for charlotte-- she gets more of those groans than actual heat lately, because her character has been so one dimensional

On 8/2/2016 at 11:22 AM, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

More interested in Y2KO

i'd like to know where this goes. i've always thought jericho and owens had good on screen chemistry together-- it's something about their personalities and theres still a lot owens can learn from jericho to help further his character for when he turns on jericho, or maybe wwe just rushes it and he turns on jericho like next week xD

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Like that they're having Roman feud with another guy who gets all boo's (Rusev) to try and get Roman's reputation back up.

roman still booed heavily lol wwe just doesn't get it, because now rusev will get cheered

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

I haven't watched the WWE in awhile but I have been kind of following it. Just because of AJ Styles, his stuff is really the only thing I follow cause hes the only thing that I care about on the show.

But I actually looked up the AJ Styles/Cena promo from Smackdown, and it was the first time in awhile that I had actually seen something from the show.

And it was just a terrible reminder of how bad Cena is.

I loved AJ's promo for what it was, he really stuck it to Cena and the fans and stuff, it was awesome even though I don't like him being in this fued.

But Cena was just annoying and cringeworthy garbage, I was legitimately annoyed and kinda angry listening to this crap, hes terrible, its always about the fans and the ass kissing, never the fued or the match or the opponent. Its an embarrassment to the greats that took it seriously in my opinion. 

I was listening to Jericho's podcast interview with Vickie Guerrero not too long ago and it was an awesome episode actually, and then I saw he had another one with the sister of Nancy Beniot so I listened to that one and of course there were both mentioned throughout each. 

So it just brought back memories of how great Eddie and Chris were, so when I was watching the Syles/Cena promo I still had that kind of on my mind so just to see how much worse Cena is in every way, it just sucks, cant have guys that really focus and love it for the sport of it. Cena's just not genuine like those guys you can tell.

Im sorry, it was just on my mind, and I just wanted to share that lol. Just my opinion.

I have been going back and watching some matches lately, I watched Eddie/Lesnar no way out today, awesome match

Edited by Smashian Kassian