The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

2 hours ago, TheRick said:

Goldberg came out to his Epic WCW theme!::D Then ended the night with his crappy WWE theme.:angry:

well, remember when bret hart returned to that god awful new version. i can drink myself until every organ in my body fails, and i wont forget it

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

- Dave Meltzer told a story about Goldberg's charity work on Wrestling Observer Radio and mentioned how Goldberg didn't want this being known to the public. Here is what Meltzer said: 

"Bill's a really great guy... one year in Atlanta he filled his van with nothing but toys and stuffed animals and drove to visit sick children and underprivileged children... I know plenty of stories like this about Bill." 

....I might have to start rethinking my opinion of this guy...

Goldberg was one of the major reasons I struggled to really get into WCW at the time.

If I was still following, his reappearance would be pretty meaningless. His matches meant nothing then, and they would mean nothing now.

But to his credit though, he was totally over like hell at that time.

7 hours ago, Chris said:

....I might have to start rethinking my opinion of this guy...

I think a lot of hate for Goldberg (especially from Canadian fans) stems from him ending Bret's career, but even Bret doesn't blame him nor holds any ill will towards him for ending his career. In fact, he and Goldberg are actually good friends.

56 minutes ago, Madness said:

Read a rumour on twitter earlier that the WWE wants one more match from Shawn Michaels... vs AJ Styles for the world title in San Antonio at the Rumble. 

I doubt it happens though. Shawn has seemed pretty clear that he's retired for good.

Might be the reason he has been at the Performance centre lately. I was under the impression his back was too injured to be medically cleared though.

20 hours ago, Chris said:

I think Taker is just using the girls crutches and is screwing with everybody.

Probably why Taker looks like he's borderline cracking a smirk and the girl looks like she just stopped laughing. :P

Look like he had hip surgery.

There's a lot of speculation on The Undertaker's status for WrestleMania 33 as he reportedly underwent surgery recently.

We recently posted photos of Taker on crutches, seen below, and PWInsider reports that The Deadman was using those crutches to walk because he recently had hip surgery.

No word yet on exactly when Taker had the surgery but he apparently attended a wedding the first week of September and did not have the crutches, also seen below.
Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/The_Undertaker_Reportedly_Undergoes_Recent_Surgery.html#dMWppeeTrMTVb3Ot.99

22 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

That sounds like it would have been a fun match to watch. El Phantasmo is always good. His match with Cobra Kai at the last Wise event kind of stole the show (I mean, the Dalton Castle match was arguably superior, but also, that's Dalton Castle for you.) Just seeing the talent that this city has, and the outside talent that it's attracting for these kinds of events is very cool. These guests are not all the biggest names in indie wrestling, but really, they're all near the top at the very least.

The guys at All-Star Wrestling do put on good shows, especially at Cloverdale. Those shows get between 300-500 by an eyeballed approximation. I went to a show of their's last Friday when they were in Southwest Vancouver, at the Scottish Cultural Centre. They actually had a partnering Japanese Indie promotion come over (from Japan), and put on matches against their people. Plus, a bunch of the crowd themselves were actually Japanese, so it felt almost like I was in Japan watching a wrestling show there for brief periods at a time. It was just a very cool experience. 

As for how many Wise Hall holds, not many. Maybe a couple hundred, and most of those are standing room. With how loud and electric the crowd is though, it feels like there's a thousand or so in there, even though you know better. It was just one of the better audiences for anything I've been to.

Despite their namesake though, this week's show is actually taking place at the Rickshaw Theatre on Hastings. Don't know if that will be an improvement or not, but their December show will be back at the Wise Hall and I'll make sure to get tickets very early for that.

El P and Cages first match at The Commodore was insane. I'm sure the last one was just as good. Though I'm sure they were restricted because of the venue. I haven't really looked to see what other indie promotions bring in for outside talent, but I'd say we are very lucky in Vancouver.  I really enjoy the Cloverdale shows.  It's a 15 minute walk or so from my house , which is why I liked when ECCW did the Agriplex.  I may have to hit up Fridays All Star show.

Rickshaw seems weird for a wrestling show.  Seedy part of town. Saw Jim Jefferies there a few years back.

Should get tickets to ECCW at The Commodore in January.  They pull out all the stops.  It's kinda like their WM.

41 minutes ago, shiznak said:

CvPHXO0UAAEpePm.jpg

****, Cena vs. Styles.

This is the dream match that all wrestling fans want to see. 

i'm pretty sure the only reason wwe wanted the alomodome to begin with was to get hbk for one more match-- and by wwe, that's all triple h. i know shawn's sticking to his guns and he promised taker that their match was it, it's done. however i think he went on record saying that he would do something if he had undertaker's blessing. it might have been on austin's podcast

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Lesner is going to destroy Goldberg, if anything he's probably going to injure him to boot. Goldberg looks like he has aged a lot and doesn't look like he's in top shape for competing at Lesners level. To even be somewhat close to Lesners level, Goldberg would have to train for the next year and I don't see that happening, as to why I believe this match is going to make Goldberg look like an old fool out there. 

As seen on RAW last night, the Brock Lesnar segment didn't go as planned. Paul Heyman was trying his hardest to get fans to chant for Goldberg, but instead they were cheering for Lesnar and chanting "Goldberg sucks."

Bryan Alvarez noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Vince McMahon "blew a gasket" backstage over the reaction from the fans and had Lesnar's music play to end the segment early. It was noted that the segment was scheduled to go longer, put Vince pulled the plug "right in the middle of it."

lol.

16 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Lesner is going to destroy Goldberg, if anything he's probably going to injure him to boot. Goldberg looks like he has aged a lot and doesn't look like he's in top shape for competing at Lesners level. To even be somewhat close to Lesners level, Goldberg would have to train for the next year and I don't see that happening, as to why I believe this match is going to make Goldberg look like an old fool out there. 

I really do not grasp the reasoning to make this match happen now.  Goldberg had both knees operated on roughly 4 months backs.  Can't see him being able to train at a high enough level before or after the surgery.  Match should happen down the road at Mania at the earliest.

22 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

I really do not grasp the reasoning to make this match happen now.  Goldberg had both knees operated on roughly 4 months backs.  Can't see him being able to train at a high enough level before or after the surgery.  Match should happen down the road at Mania at the earliest.

Wow didn't know about the knees that makes it even worse now lol. Ric Flair said basically the same thing I've been thinking, with Lesner competing in UFC and WWE he's in top shape, Goldberg who hasn't wrestled in 12 years is so far behind Lesner. This is why I strongly believe Goldberg will probably get injured in the match, because Lesner isn't going to go easy on Goldberg and Goldberg won't be trained enough for the match especially now it's at SS.

One thing may happen Lesner quickly destroys Goldberg or miraculously Goldberg stands his ground for more than 5 mins still loses. But now they're series is tied 1-1 and they have 1 more match to make it a best of 3, which takes place sometime down the road in 2017 which gives Goldberg the time to properly train.