The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Finally got around to watching NXT TaKeover & Survivor Series.

Survivor Series was pretty solid outside of some absolutely horrendous finishes (Kalisto/Kendrick & Miz/Zayn). Goldberg/Lesnar was UNREAL though. Some people might argue the finish made Lesnar look bad, but it's clearly heading to a rematch. Not to mention it completely caught me off guard and had me losing my mind - something WWE doesn't do very often.

Having said that, NOTHING from last weekend comes even close to the DIY / Revival match on Takeover. Not only will that be the best match of the year but it's one of the best tag matches I have ever seen, period. Gargano is such a good face that he mad me yelling at my TV because I was so into the match and thought DIY was getting screwed over again. The finish to that match was unbelievable. Just a thing of beauty.

News from The Bollywood Boyz:

Hey guys, it's been a while. (We're not sure how long this page will be around so please check us out at @BollywoodBoyz on Twitter and our IG page: gurvsihra_wwe and harvsihra_wwe)

To anyone reading this, THANK YOU for all the love and support over the years. To anyone that ever bought a ticket, a shirt, promo picture at a live Indy event, THANK YOU! We wouldn't be where we are without you.

We have now relocated to Orlando, FL, training at WWE PC and getting ready for #205Live, on WWE Network immediately following SmackdownLive, premiering this Tuesday!

We are thankful and grateful for all of you. This is only the beginning and the #BollywoodTakeover begins, NOW!

Much love and with respect,

Gurv and Harv Sihra
#ButterChickenBeatDown

Also found out last night that Nicole Matthews wrestled for NXT last weekend.  Becky Lynch has come out and stated that WWE needs to sign her.

Went to ASW last night and they put on a pretty decent show.  Still some really low budget aspects that take away from it but some decent matches.  EL P was easily match of the night with Adam Ryder.  Kenny Lush and Adam Cobb was a close 2nd.  Rematch should be a good one.  Final match I thought was just stupid.  Lots of potential thrown out the window.  Was a little surprised that they now have security at the events.  Not sure when they started doing that but it seemed a little strange.

Seth Rollins totally dropped an " F***** B**** " line during the car garage segment. Tsk Tsk

Other than the mark Henry/Titus O'Neil segment, I thought every segment on raw tonight was good. Everything had a purpose. Felt like a mid 90's hour long episode where too much happens. That is a huge change from last year when almost every segment sucked from October to December. 

Edited by Art Vandelay

13 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Seth Rollins totally dropped an " F***** B**** " line during the car garage segment. Tsk Tsk

idk if its just me but raws repetitive storylines bore me. i caught raws highlight on fb and i couldn't care to watch the replay of the show. the whole jeriko thing-- they can only milk something for so long until it becomes obvious

On 2016-11-24 at 1:54 PM, g_bassi13 said:

James Ellsworth is the Roman Reigns of Smackdown for me right now, in that his existence is making it very, very hard to sit down and watch it.

thats the opposite for me. smackdown is a lot more unpredictable than raw and i'm tuning in to see what role ellseworth is playing the next week. he's that "feel good story" wwe is actually doing right, but he's gonna either gonna turn on ambrose, or ambrose turns on him.

there are so many things you can do with ellsworth from making him a sympathetic babyface, which he is now, to turning on dean and having him be aj's lackey and have ambrose chase both of them to the elimination chamber, if the rumble turns out to be a raw win, cause ellsworth screws ambrose. i have faith that the smackdown team has something long term going on, and it's much more interesting than what raw has going on, than, ya, flair turns on sasha. yawn.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Raw was pretty good yesterday. That parking lot brawl and that Cesaro/Sheamus bar segment felt so old school in the best of ways. I hope they're bringing that stuff back full time. Cheesy as hell, but still so cool at the same time. There was little to hate. Still easy to find things, like Roman, or Titus, but if you fast forward past them, the rest was good. 

5 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

idk if its just me but raws repetitive storylines bore me. i caught raws highlight on fb and i couldn't care to watch the replay of the show. the whole jeriko thing-- they can only milk something for so long until it becomes obvious

thats the opposite for me. smackdown is a lot more unpredictable than raw and i'm tuning in to see what role ellseworth is playing the next week. he's that "feel good story" wwe is actually doing right, but he's gonna either gonna turn on ambrose, or ambrose turns on him.

there are so many things you can do with ellsworth from making him a sympathetic babyface, which he is now, to turning on dean and having him be aj's lackey and have ambrose chase both of them to the elimination chamber, if the rumble turns out to be a raw win, cause ellsworth screws ambrose. i have faith that the smackdown team has something long term going on, and it's much more interesting than what raw has going on, than, ya, flair turns on sasha. yawn.

Smackdown doesn't feel too different for me. Granted I'm not exactly following/watching it, but while watching it it's still treading a line of "kind of good, but not really." Better than Raw, but that's not really an accomplishment.

Ellsworth kind of feels like a wildcard in the same way that David Arquette winning the WCW Title was a wildcard. He doesn't feel loveable at all to me. And I don't treat him like a feel good story when so many wrestlers that have better looks, better wrestling ability, better promo skills, better character work, and essentially better everything have come and gone through the WWE system without anything remotely resembling the opportunity given to him here.

I mean yeah it's a comedy spot, but this is a guy that has been situated into the main even, and continues to get wins over the WWE champion over and over again. It's a bit too much for me.

All that, plus I feel like the guy is just a meme that's gone too far. But in a world where a meme got elected president, and a gorilla has been mourned for the last year, there seems to be no such thing as a meme going too far. I'm largely on an island with my opinion, but I can't wait until he's gone. It's not the fault of the guy himself or anything, because he's just doing what he's been given, but he just offers nothing. Can probably resume watching at least Smackdown on a more regular basis once he finally gets knocked down a peg or two, or thirty. 

8 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Wrestling is the most repetitive entertainment TV out there. It's the talent that makes it seem different. Austin being over, vs Reigns being... not, would be the perfect analogy that shows that. (Benoit, Cena, Orton, Punk, Bryan... even Eugene all had that story line). Personalities make WWE TV good, but for some reason they have been valuing in-ring work more since around 2012. Boring and Repetitive is the result of that (unless they have a personality). 

WTF is with WWE and announce teams... Corey graves is back stage all night, and the audience has to listen to David Otunga for all of Smackdown. Otunga is literally a real life version of The Miz's character, except he is the biggest tool I've ever seen. YOU ARE MAKING THE PRODUCT WORSE!!!

Graves might be the best announcer WWE has ever had, in terms of putting over talent. Any combination of Graves, JBL, Ranallo, Phillips and the show is greatly improved. I'm okay with Saxton, if you must have a token black guy. But please stop with this madness.

15 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

WTF is with WWE and announce teams... Corey graves is back stage all night, and the audience has to listen to David Otunga for all of Smackdown. Otunga is literally a real life version of The Miz's character, except he is the biggest tool I've ever seen. YOU ARE MAKING THE PRODUCT WORSE!!!

Graves might be the best announcer WWE has ever had, in terms of putting over talent. Any combination of Graves, JBL, Ranallo, Phillips and the show is greatly improved. I'm okay with Saxton, if you must have a token black guy. But please stop with this madness.

Ranallo is a good guy but man I find him sometimes way over the top and exaggerated.

Wise wrestling on Saturday got cancelled. Vancouver City council threw some red tape at it and made it classified as a combat sport, with all the bull$&!# requirements that entails, or some $&!#.

Impossible to run an indie show under those requirements. Doesn't the city have better $&!# to do than stopping people from pertending to beat each other up, for hundreds of fans?

Like where do they even find the time? Don't they have to go through the paperwork to turn Main st into a giant bike lane or some $&!#?

Thanks councilwoman. For reaffirming that this is a no fun city. 

2 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Wise wrestling on Saturday got cancelled. Vancouver City council threw some red tape at it and made it classified as a combat sport, with all the bull$&!# requirements that entails, or some $&!#.

Impossible to run an indie show under those requirements. Doesn't the city have better $&!# to do than stopping people from pertending to beat each other up, for hundreds of fans?

Like where do they even find the time? Don't they have to go through the paperwork to turn Main st into a giant bike lane or some $&!#?

Thanks councilwoman. For reaffirming that this is a no fun city. 

its mayor moonbeam. in 10 years it will be called bikecouver. heck they are taking the viaducts down, the funny part is its cost more to take them down than it is to repair them. The cost of just a simple repair with seismic upgrades is way less than the actual cost of taking them down and plus the traffic will be a nightmare. To manny green people in that council

Edited by Squamfan

Not sure if I liked the TLC PPV. I found only 3 matches to be good of the 6. One was a squash, and the other 2 I didn't like... Are just impossible to really judge nowadays.

Charlotte is just on another level in women's wrestling. Consistently has matches on the same level as the best men. Going from monday's main event to the 2 matches tonight... It's just unfair to compare them. If I judged them based on pre-2014 standards, they were fantastic. But since Charlotte debuted, they are now just meh. Congrats to Bliss. Thank you for bringing a unique heal personality to women wrestling. Please make a "Sorry, not sorry" shirt.

The other 3 matches were very very good. Btw, Corbin might be my favorite wrestler... It might be just his two signature moves, which are awesome... but something about him is just so interesting. Kinda like when Sid Viscous returned as Psycho Sid in the mid 90's. 

EDIT: If you are going to have someone use an entire fire extinguisher, please please please use it on the person who calls themselves "straight fire". Especially when crowning a new champion. That would have been so good, from a story POV.

Edited by Art Vandelay

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Not sure if I liked the TLC PPV. I found only 3 matches to be good of the 6. One was a squash, and the other 2 I didn't like... Are just impossible to really judge nowadays.

Charlotte is just on another level in women's wrestling. Consistently has matches on the same level as the best men. Going from monday's main event to the 2 matches tonight... It's just unfair to compare them. If I judged them based on pre-2014 standards, they were fantastic. But since Charlotte debuted, they are now just meh. Congrats to Bliss. Thank you for bringing a unique heal personality to women wrestling. Please make a "Sorry, not sorry" shirt.

The other 3 matches were very very good. Btw, Corbin might be my favorite wrestler... It might be just his two signature moves, which are awesome... but something about him is just so interesting. Kinda like when Sid Viscous returned as Psycho Sid in the mid 90's. 

EDIT: If you are going to have someone use an entire fire extinguisher, please please please use it on the person who calls themselves "straight fire". Especially when crowning a new champion. That would have been so good, from a story POV.

Ditto.

He has come along ways, since being offered a contract and honestly his mic work isn't as bad as people say it is. If booked properly, Corbin could be a monster heel, who doesn't give a s**t on who he faces, as long as it benefits him. Not sure why he was taken off Team Smackdown, in kayfabe they needed someone to counter the strength of Strowman, in that match. I would've marked out hard, if he hit Braun with the Deep Six or End of Days.

3 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Ellsworth on talking smack lol I'm digging his delusion of beating AJ styles xD

My buddy and I couldn't stop laughing at him, should be interesting to see what Ambrose does to him

19 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Ditto.

He has come along ways, since being offered a contract and honestly his mic work isn't as bad as people say it is. If booked properly, Corbin could be a monster heel, who doesn't give a s**t on who he faces, as long as it benefits him. Not sure why he was taken off Team Smackdown, in kayfabe they needed someone to counter the strength of Strowman, in that match. I would've marked out hard, if he hit Braun with the Deep Six or End of Days.

I think it was to protect him from being pinned, or maybe to gauge fan reaction to him being named to the team. If, I recall correctly... He hasn't been pinned or tapped out on any TV/PPV since Wrestlemania weekend vs Austin Aries, and that was a quick roll up. Looking online shows he has, however, been pinned in live events. So I could be making a coincidental guess. All his TV losses come from multi-man matches or DQ's. I think WWE recognizes they have something in him, and are taking it slowly to develop character. I hope at least.