The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

22 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I think it was to protect him from being pinned, or maybe to gauge fan reaction to him being named to the team. If, I recall correctly... He hasn't been pinned or tapped out on any TV/PPV since Wrestlemania weekend vs Austin Aries, and that was a quick roll up. Looking online shows he has, however, been pinned in live events. So I could be making a coincidental guess. All his TV losses come from multi-man matches or DQ's. I think WWE recognizes they have something in him, and are taking it slowly to develop character. I hope at least.

Eh, could be the reason.....but Corbin needed to be on that team, as he was stuck in WWE limbo, since his feud with Ziggler.

On another note, since the Slammy is coming up....is there any way Styles doesn't win Superstar of the Year? Went from debuting to main eventing to defeating Cena twice cleanly to WWE champion all in a span of 11 months. 

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

Eh, could be the reason.....but Corbin needed to be on that team, as he was stuck in WWE limbo, since his feud with Ziggler.

On another note, since the Slammy is coming up....is there any way Styles doesn't win Superstar of the Year? Went from debuting to main eventing to defeating Cena twice cleanly to WWE champion all in a span of 11 months. 

Pinned 3 times actually. No Mercy, Summerslam, Money in the Bank. Match quality and achievement wise, it's AJ styles without a doubt.  Styles raised the bar in quality of matches regardless of the story and opponent.  

However my vote is for Chris Jericho.

• He returned at the Royal Rumble and lasted over 55 minutes! Then got Styles started with Y2AJ and put him over as a star talent and then beat AJ at Wrestlmania. 
  • He started wearing a bloody scarf from Luxembourg to the ring with godawful facial hair... got the phrase "stupid idiot" over and into the mainstream; started a great catchphrase of "drink it in man" (which he changes all the time depending on the situation).
  • Then he got Mitch the potted plant over, and took a thumb tacks bump in 2016!!
  • Had arguable one of the best Money in the Bank matches ever at MitB.
  • Beat the hottest tag team in the WWE at Summerslam, while creating maybe the most entertaining "friendship" WWE has had since DX.
  • Got the word "it" over, and basically made sure KO has kept the title for 4 months. Created a list of grievances and made it the most over thing since Daniel Bryan.
  • Had the best segment of the year with KO, when they hinted at a break up, but blamed everything on Roman Reigns out of nowhere, thoroughly psyching out the entire ACC. 
  • Made sure the break up match between Owens and Jericho, will be my most anticipated match for 2017.
  • All the while having some of the best backstage segments and promos in years. (He and Tom Phillips had some amazing interviews)

If there was only one WWE superstar to pick to see come out to the ring this year, it's Chris Jericho. And it's not even close.

Edit: Almost forgot, he also destroyed Francesca (#1)

Edited by Art Vandelay

Miz needs to give everyone who loses a title match, a participation award. That was honestly the greatest thing Miz has ever done. "You deserve it" chants made it perfect. 

WWE creative isn't always good. But Miz giving out participation awards is top notch. 

Edited by Art Vandelay

On 2016-12-06 at 6:16 PM, Art Vandelay said:

Miz needs to give everyone who loses a title match, a participation award. That was honestly the greatest thing Miz has ever done. "You deserve it" chants made it perfect. 

WWE creative isn't always good. But Miz giving out participation awards is top notch. 

im stealing that too

who watched raw? nobody? neither did i LOL. congrats to new day, i guess

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

I really have lost all interest in Raw its a shame because some of my favorite wrestlers are on Raw but the show is just so boring. Even the Raw payper view was boring. I am to the point that I don't give a crap if Charlotte or Sasha has the title. Its just so repetitive and boring. The only thing I am liking at all is Jerico but that's because Jerico is Jerico and I adore him.

Smackdown on the other hand I am really loving and actually look forward to. I am a bit bias though cause Dean Ambrose is actually my all time favorite wrestler but I do hope they keep the title on Styles a bit longer because I feel styles is the hardest worker on both shows.

I'll admit when they first started this Raw and SmackDown rival I felt Raw had the upper hand with the talent they got. As weeks went on Smackdown was easily much better then Raw. Although I'm starting to see a change as Raw is becoming a little more interesting to me and SmackDown is getting a little boring. I am a fan of KO and always liked Chris Jericho, and have to say Chris is freaking amazing what he's been able to do after coming back has been impressive. Although it will be nice to see Mickie James back full time and rumor is in January on Smackdown, she supposedly signed a multi year contract. 

Will add I'm not a big fan of Charlotte, but have to give credit where credit is due. Especially for how tall she is, she is very athletic I'm shocked sometimes at what she is capable of doing, she is the real deal.

WWE has a poll up, asking fans who would they like to see main event WM33 and Styles is winning the poll by a landslide at 30%. The next superstar is The Undertaker at 15%.

This bring tears to my eyes.

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

If someone like Y2J ever wins the universal title, does that make him a 7x WWE champion, or a 1 time universal champ + 6x WWE champion?

they lump all major titles together, so a 7 time champion or they can do something dumb like, first ever unified champion, and first ever world and universal champion to tack on to his legacy, which i'll have no complaints over, but no matter what, the day after jericho retires, first ballot hall of famer, not just for the role he's played in the monday night wars, which they'll most likely build it all around, but his work in japan and mexico and ecw, and one of the few guys who could adapt to any style, no matter where he was, and there isnt a long list of guys who've done that

On 2016-12-21 at 7:20 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'll admit when they first started this Raw and SmackDown rival I felt Raw had the upper hand with the talent they got. As weeks went on Smackdown was easily much better then Raw. Although I'm starting to see a change as Raw is becoming a little more interesting to me and SmackDown is getting a little boring. I am a fan of KO and always liked Chris Jericho, and have to say Chris is freaking amazing what he's been able to do after coming back has been impressive. Although it will be nice to see Mickie James back full time and rumor is in January on Smackdown, she supposedly signed a multi year contract. 

Will add I'm not a big fan of Charlotte, but have to give credit where credit is due. Especially for how tall she is, she is very athletic I'm shocked sometimes at what she is capable of doing, she is the real deal.

the thing is, raw can have its moments, but it loses with, basically an hour of horsecrap it has to fill, and even a lackluster smackdown show, is still better than raw, because i don't have to fast forward half the show. the miz is probably the best heel on the roster, even more than kevin owens

yea, i'm saying it, the miz entertains me more than kevin ****ing owens, and i'll tell you why. the miz is a classic wrestling heel. kevin owens shtick is basically everyone who tries to act sarcastic. i can play kevin owens in real life, it's really not that hard, but i can't play a chicken **** in real life and hide behind my girl friend, and her having enough confidence that she can't get hit and she can be like, come at me and i'm hiding behind her, knowing that if something were to happen, i can legally have my opponent thrown in jail. it's little things like that that makes the miz so versatile over kevin owens and, really just a more believable heel

kevin owens plays being a dick real well, but he's just being an average person in real life, like, haha, i cut you off in traffic, what are you going to do about it, but miz is actually someone you want to see get his ass kicked and smackdown his building his stock as being a main event guy, and he's earned it

On 12/25/2016 at 4:28 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

the thing is, raw can have its moments, but it loses with, basically an hour of horsecrap it has to fill, and even a lackluster smackdown show, is still better than raw, because i don't have to fast forward half the show. the miz is probably the best heel on the roster, even more than kevin owens

yea, i'm saying it, the miz entertains me more than kevin ****ing owens, and i'll tell you why. the miz is a classic wrestling heel. kevin owens shtick is basically everyone who tries to act sarcastic. i can play kevin owens in real life, it's really not that hard, but i can't play a chicken **** in real life and hide behind my girl friend, and her having enough confidence that she can't get hit and she can be like, come at me and i'm hiding behind her, knowing that if something were to happen, i can legally have my opponent thrown in jail. it's little things like that that makes the miz so versatile over kevin owens and, really just a more believable heel

kevin owens plays being a dick real well, but he's just being an average person in real life, like, haha, i cut you off in traffic, what are you going to do about it, but miz is actually someone you want to see get his ass kicked and smackdown his building his stock as being a main event guy, and he's earned it

I always fast forward through the cruiserweight and those ones, which is about an hour. I think with Smackdown it's the Ellsworth run going on that is just turning me away from the show and it's getting boring to me. 

Funny about the Miz as a couple weeks ago I had a change of feel of him, and give him credit for his latest stint. Never really liked him and still really don't, but like you said you do want to see him get his arse kicked, but glad to see him more committed again. 

I disagree though on KO and The Miz, they're completely different so comparing them is really hard, your going to either like one or another. I'd rather like a guy who isn't afraid to fight back, then a guy who hides behind a woman like a B****. Hence why one of the main reasons growing up I enjoyed Stone Cold so much, because he didn't back down or hide, he stood his ground and wouldn't take crap from anyone and would speak his mind kind of like KO does. 

Regarding your comment on the Miz and knowing his GF can't be hit, well that would never be a problem for Stone Cold lol, especially if you didn't drink his beer :lol:.