The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

6 hours ago, Chris said:

WWE Deleted all references to Omega/deleted the rest of this vid;

Got to make a guy wonder...

Probably because that is typical contract tampering. Rollins by himself, can talk about it, but I think the original headline I saw (on WWEapp) was a no-no. 

The law usually uses the word "procures" when talking about contracts, which can't be any broader of a legal definition... so their legal department probably took it down.

No chance he shows up next week. 

18 hours ago, Madness said:

I don't see him leaving NJPW. He'll stay for a few more years at least. 

dont be surprised to see him in wwe before the year is done. the more triple h has his hands on talent and the likes of uk tournament, pete dunn is wwe bound at some point as well

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

8 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

dont be surprised to see him in wwe before the year is done. the more triple h has his hands on talent and the likes of uk tournament, pete dunn is wwe bound at some point as well

Considering NXT's next set of roster call-ups from the PC aren't that good I wouldn't be surprised to see more than a few guys from the UK tournament in there. 

23 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Probably because that is typical contract tampering. Rollins by himself, can talk about it, but I think the original headline I saw (on WWEapp) was a no-no. 

The law usually uses the word "procures" when talking about contracts, which can't be any broader of a legal definition... so their legal department probably took it down.

No chance he shows up next week. 

I don't think that really matters, because they had an article posted on WWE.com last year about Styles, Nakamura, Gallows, and Anderson possibly coming over, when they were still under contract with New Japan. 

I don't think the WWE would have edited that part out, unless they knew for sure Omega was going to sign with them. Any free publicity, about New Japan superstar, from WWE, only helps them expand in the US. And I think that's why they had to edited out the Omega, Tonga, and Fale part.

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

I don't think that really matters, because they had an article posted on WWE.com last year about Styles, Nakamura, Gallows, and Anderson possibly coming over, when they were still under contract with New Japan. 

I don't think the WWE would have edited that part out, unless they knew for sure Omega was going to sign with them. Any free publicity, about New Japan superstar, from WWE, only helps them expand in the US. And I think that's why they had to edited out the Omega, Tonga, and Fale part.

Your sig is AWESOME

Predictions on whose winning the Rumble, Sunday?

My heart wants Jericho to win and challenge Owens at Mania for both titles, but I don't think that match has enough "draw" ability to be one of the main events. My gut tells me its going to either Cena (if he loses to AJ, earlier in the night) or Strowman. 

33 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Predictions on whose winning the Rumble, Sunday?

My heart wants Jericho to win and challenge Owens at Mania for both titles, but I don't think that match has enough "draw" ability to be one of the main events. My gut tells me its going to either Cena (if he loses to AJ, earlier in the night) or Strowman. 

Strowman. 

"draw" ability

Strowman.

i think the rumble this year will be one of the most unpredictable in years. it wont be a smackdown guy, because they have the elimination chamber. i really dont want to say reigns, because that is way too predictable, even for wwe at this point, and they dont want 60k+ booing the guy out of the building. it's gonna be a big one

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

The story line the last 4 months has been about the best friend relationship. Not sure how they can't make him win? Seems so obvious. No way Vince makes Kevin Owens the Wrestlemania main event.

Only guys I can see winning are Undertaker, Strowman, Rollings, or a retunee/debutee.

Everyone and their mothers, inside the company or out, seem to be hyping up the royal rumble match as this great thing based on the people and the outcome. I hope that's not because, like mentioned, it means that Strowman is going to win. 

It definitely has be a bit more excited though. Need something to wash out the taste of probable Cena and Reigns wins and title matches at Wrestlemania. I despeartely hope they don't, or that show will be an absolute write off like 32 was last year.

If I could pick anyone I'd want, it would be Zayn. He is the best they have to offer... But like @shiznak, part of me just wants see Jericho win. It's not happening, but I can at least wish. I don't think I ever got rid of the bitter taste that Sheamus winning in 2012 left. That one could/should have been his. As it stands now, it's like a rumble win is the one hole left in his resume.

Anyone feel that Cena/Styles segment was basically a glorified burial? I came out of that segment thinking Styles is a geek, and a not a star... at all. Like seriously? A guy from Atlanta...

I dont get why WWE always tries to make their heels pathetic people. That doesn't build them as a star, and makes them forgettable. Take note from Tarantino movies, the bad guy is always awesome, but I still want them to lose. Hans Landa is probably the best bad guy in a movie ever, for me, and he was anything but a geek. 

Every heel in WWE becomes stale or fails because of this stupid formula. Even the almost impossible not to like, Rusev, is stale right now. 

I guess proper character work is asking too much... it's only a weekly TV show. /s

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Anyone feel that Cena/Styles segment was basically a glorified burial? I came out of that segment thinking Styles is a geek, and a not a star... at all. Like seriously? A guy from Atlanta...

I dont get why WWE always tries to make their heels pathetic people. That doesn't build them as a star, and makes them forgettable. Take note from Tarantino movies, the bad guy is always awesome, but I still want them to lose. Hans Landa is probably the best bad guy in a movie ever, for me, and he was anything but a geek. 

Every heel in WWE becomes stale or fails because of this stupid formula. Even the almost impossible not to like, Rusev, is stale right now. 

I guess proper character work is asking too much... it's only a weekly TV show. /s

At least make them funny.  Styles is boring.  He's a guy in tights, nothing more.