The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Jericho reveals in his 2nd book he actually had contract negotiations with TNA back in 2007. He met with them used it as leverage to get a better deal, what he wanted out of WWE.

Dixie Carter, the president of TNA Wrestling, had been calling me ever since I left the WWE. She made it quite clear that her rival company was interested in bringing me in and wanted to have (take) a meeting with me at my leisure. I had no intention of working anywhere but the WWE, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to have a meeting. It also wouldn’t hurt to use TNA’s interest to give me a bit of leverage with Vince.

So I agreed to meet Dixie and her right-hand man, Jeff Jarrett, for lunch in Tampa. We had a good meeting, but it didn’t dissuade me from going back to the WWE even though I was excited for them and their organization. After all, the better TNA did, the better it was for the whole business. For the first time since Vince bought WCW, he had some competition.

Barry Bloom and I had been negotiating with the WWE for weeks and couldn’t come to an agreement. I had a certain dollar figure in mind that I wanted in order to come back, and they were hesitant to give it to me. So after my meeting with Dixie, I had Chad type up an email asking if Chris Jericho was going to TNA since he had just seen him eating lunch with Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter in Tampa. He signed it Ralph Molina (the drummer of Neil Young’s Crazy Horse), and wisely sent it off to a few prominent wrestling websites.

The news spread quickly, and suddenly the magic number was soon agreed upon. That meant everything to me, as it proved that Vince saw me as a major player, something I hadn’t felt for the last few years I worked for him.

Two weeks later I signed my contract, and for the first time in twenty-six months I was once again an employee of the WWE. All thanks to the assist from Ralph Molina.

I'm not usually one to criticize booking of winners and losers. Especially if an act is hot or the story is interesting.

But I can't suspend my belief so far that Enzo and Cass beating Cesaro and Sheamus clean with no funny business, as an acceptable outcome. Those guys are just way too big and good in the ring to believe it. If Enzo won with a flash finish or with a foreign object that opening match would have been great especially with the events after the match. 

The Rock showed up after Raw went off the air. Rock was there for WWE film about life story of Paige, giving instructions about when to cheer during the scene they were re-creating where Paige debuts and defeated A.J. Lee for Divas Title, which got the fans chanting "CM Punk". Rock then pulled out a cellphone and called Punk, got it on speaker and left voicemail. Rock then tried getting Punk on Facetime but no luck. 

Punk responded to Rock:

Florence Pugh as Paige and former TNA Knockout Thea Trinidad as A.J. Lee

Edited by fivethej
  • Upvote 1

That wedding segment on Impact last night was gold. 

Was cheering for the heels though, so I was disappointed for Chelsea Green/Laurel Van Ness. She looked choked, lol.

Impact on the whole has been continuing to roll well. Wonder what the new tapings will bring with all the behind the scenes creative and authority changes.

Kinda disappointed they probably changed their minds about bringing Alberto Del Rio into the fold. Dude is a great wrestler. They should get him if they can.

Wonder if he ends up returning to WWE.

On 2017-02-24 at 2:42 PM, g_bassi13 said:

Kinda disappointed they probably changed their minds about bringing Alberto Del Rio into the fold. Dude is a great wrestler. They should get him if they can.

He was never going to TNA. No way they can pay what he wants.

1 hour ago, fivethej said:

Wonder if he ends up returning to WWE.

He was never going to TNA. No way they can pay what he wants.

They could. It's just whether its worth paying him that amount or not. Because it's a lot.

Today's Smackdown is a Prime example of why this Era is such crap compared to the Attitude Era. After what happened last week with the Miz eliminating Cena, Cena should be pissed about it and do something about it, but instead we get to watch Miz TV and his guest is Cena? Is this a complete joke? 

This is why people can't stand this new era and me included, in the past the guest would of came down there told Miz to shut up or just kicked his butt, instead Cena is going to be a guest and let Miz talk? Complete joke WWE is.

On 2017-02-26 at 6:33 PM, Grapefruits said:

I find it a little strange that Jake Roberts isn't in the video.  If it wasn't for DDP, Roberts would likely be dead.

well jake keeps himself really busy nowadays, with the one man shows and probably wasn't available for when wwe went out and got some interviews out. it's all timing and wouldn't look too deep in to it. if anything, jake would have to be the one to induct ddp into the hall of fame, given their history

Really did not like that ending to smackdown, was abrupt, awkward, and poorly set up. Put a big damper on a good story.

On top of the timing just being weird, it made Randy's actions from previous weeks make less sense. 

And since when did they allude to Sister Abigail literally being a corpse that he gained power from. Did I miss the part where they mentioned or alluded to their even being a shed that he was in, let alone that Randy wanted to get inside it?

For one, I think Randy being in a real trance he had to snap out of was a far better and the only logical way to go. And if they had to do it as him being undercover this was the weirdest/worst way they could have done it.

That was one of my least favourite segments in a while.

Also Impact bleeding the entirety of their roster over 3 days or so has me choked.

Hating this new management/ownership right now. They cut way too much, way too quickly. If all these rumours are true, they're cutting out what made impact tick. From Drew Galloway, to both Hardys, to Mike Bennett and Maria? And now maybe Jade?

None of these people did anything but make the show better. Don't look forward to this revamp at all. I'm doubly wishing that Billy Corgan bought the company now. He would have had his own changes, but they wouldn't have been this wholesale, and consistently incorrect.