The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Man I really hope we one day get a Monday night raw or SD live. 

Event was fantastic don't get me wrong... But just miss the production quality of the big shows. 

The security guy in my section was horrible... Wouldn't even let me near the railing... Total jerk. 

19 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i feel this pic doesn't do enough justice for the crowd turn out, since seats were still filling during the opening match-- theres the obvious entrance blackout area. we had real hot crowd and my section got real rowdy LOL

19400404_10212276313639702_1997337766855

Was there anyone in the 300 level?

22 hours ago, fivethej said:

Seth Rollins made unexpected appearance at Vancouver live event challenging Jinder for WWE Title. Be awesome to see this happen on TV with J&J Security returning to watch Seth's back against Singh Brothers.

Apparently Nakamura  couldn't make the event. Travel issues getting over the border or something.

15 hours ago, shiznak said:

Nope, it was closed off.

I wish they had the seats all blacked out around the area. The red seats kind of took away from it all.

Does anyone know if there's a photo album from the event that can be viewed? I know there was a photographer there...

I had a blast at the live event at Rogers Arena. My only complaint was that they did not have any women sizes for T shirts....and the Ambrose shirt sold out in the men's smaller sizes. They also did not  have any of the female wrestles shirts, which I expected them to have at least a Charlotte shirt, as she was one of the big names at the event. So that kind of bummed me out.

The crowd was pretty rowdy in our section we were in 108 iit was a lot of fun and reminded me of going to a white caps game. I wish Canucks games were that rowdy.

I really hope we get a actual Raw/Smackdown or even A PPV  I would so go again.

Edited by AppleJack
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

I had a blast at the live event at Rogers Arena. My only complaint was that they did not have any women sizes for T shirts....and the Ambrose shirt sold out in the men's smaller sizes. They also did not  have any of the female wrestles shirts, which I expected them to have at least a Charlotte shirt, as she was one of the big names at the event. So that kind of bummed me out.

The crowd was pretty rowdy in our section we were in 108 iit was a lot of fun and reminded me of going to a white caps game. I wish Canucks games were that rowdy.

I really hope we get a actual Raw/Smackdown or even A PPV  I would so go again.

I think our best bet to get an actual show or PPV is to drive down to Seattle sadly :(

What I really have a tough time wrapping my head around is how Nia Jax ever loses any match... 

Like I know there's been other outrageous things... Mysterio winning the Rumble... or matches vs the Big Show... but he was just pure skill and it made some sense. 

Watching Nia lose to Sasha just blows my mind. She lost a match to Bayley too a little while ago no?

17 hours ago, fivethej said:

Why don't they reunite Big Cass/Carmella. I realize both are on separate shows but switch of them over. They could be new Edge/Lita.

-vomits-

Edge and Lita were at least good wrestlers and Edge could work the mic. 

I think Carmella has done great alone recently. I am fine with Big Cass getting a push but I have doubts about his abilities. He could also be in better shape. He is pretty basic for a big guy.

I do however think Enzo should be moved to 205 live.

8 minutes ago, apollo said:

What I really have a tough time wrapping my head around is how Nia Jax ever loses any match... 

Like I know there's been other outrageous things... Mysterio winning the Rumble... or matches vs the Big Show... but he was just pure skill and it made some sense. 

Watching Nia lose to Sasha just blows my mind. She lost a match to Bayley too a little while ago no?

That last match was fine. Nia entered first and still looks strong because she ran through everyone before losing to the last entry. Fatigue is a reasonable factor to sell. A lot of her matches have been decided dirty, she has only lost clean when they were trying to push someone else if I am not mistaken. They also may be saving Nia for Summerslam as they are obviously avoiding a lot of the most wanted matches now.

With that said Nia was called up way to early. She is a very entertaining wrestler given her power but she is also extremely sloppy/dangerous.

21 minutes ago, Baka said:

-vomits-

Edge and Lita were at least good wrestlers and Edge could work the mic. 

I think Carmella has done great alone recently. I am fine with Big Cass getting a push but I have doubts about his abilities. He could also be in better shape. He is pretty basic for a big guy.

I do however think Enzo should be moved to 205 live.

That last match was fine. Nia entered first and still looks strong because she ran through everyone before losing to the last entry. Fatigue is a reasonable factor to sell. A lot of her matches have been decided dirty, she has only lost clean when they were trying to push someone else if I am not mistaken. They also may be saving Nia for Summerslam as they are obviously avoiding a lot of the most wanted matches now.

With that said Nia was called up way to early. She is a very entertaining wrestler given her power but she is also extremely sloppy/dangerous.

I think it's her image holding her back tbh... I'd agree with you on the fatigue had the matches vs the first 4 divas lasted longer... other than bayley they were quickly taken out and in my opinion didn't fatigue her at all.

Regardless, I hate to say it but I don't find her fights entertaining just because it makes no sense to me that she loses. I'm sure they'll eventually give her a title but it just makes no sense to have her fight 100lb twigs when she's 240lbs 

5 hours ago, apollo said:

Nia is reckless in the ring compared to Bayley/Sasha, if she was a better worker she'd already be champion. 

2 hours ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Nia wrestles that way because she's not like most girls. 

Yup... pretty much this.

The only way she can lose matches with her size is if she tries to run someone over and her own force hurts her by crashing into a pole or turn buckle.

The only opponent she can realistically have an entertaining match against is Charlotte IMO. 

4 hours ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Nia wrestles that way because she's not like most girls. 

What? So she should injure the roster because that's her style? Nia isn't good in the ring and her promos are weak, not a big surprise considering she was barely in the PC/NXT.

Nia just isn't very good. Rough around the edges, without showing much of a ceiling. Doesn't look too convincing and explosive for a supposed powerhouse.

I don't look forward to her inevitable title run. 

SmackDown has been way more enjoyable than Raw since WrestleMania. It was a lot closer after the initial draft, where Raw had a better roster, but mostly the same crappy storylines.

After the post WrestleMania re-order, Raw had nothing on it. Owens, and Zayn to SmackDown. Additionby subtraction with Cena (I hope he returns to Raw), and a massive addition in Nakamura.  That's without yet mentioning The New Day, Jinder, and others. Jericho MIA on Raw is what probably tips the scale the hardest.

Feels like SmackDown went from being overrated to simply being better than Raw. Even if that has to do with Raw getting a lot worse, Tuesday is way more enjoyable than Mondays.

Just really wish Baron Corbin was not holding the Money in the Bank, lol.