The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Don't buy it. I'd say it's more the other way around.

Highly highly disagree. If the Rock was not at WM29, Cena would literally be facing no one. Punk's tied up with the Undertaker, HHH with Lesnar, Dolph had his briefcase.

The WWE needed Dwayne for this Wrestlemania, on account of the fact that they haven't elevated anyone from the roster to Cena/CMPunk levels.

• Upvote 1

Highly highly disagree. If the Rock was not at WM29, Cena would literally be facing no one. Punk's tied up with the Undertaker, HHH with Lesnar, Dolph had his briefcase.

The WWE needed Dwayne for this Wrestlemania, on account of the fact that they haven't elevated anyone from the roster to Cena/CMPunk levels.

yeah i agree. there really isn't anyone on the E's depth chart who can go against john cena. ryback is now, but that's after wrestlemania when they put that package together and now i'm finally sold on ryback who can go with cena, but i doubt they'll have cena drop the belt just a few weeks after wrestlemania, unless they want to do the hot potato thing with the title again which, from what the things say, triple h has fought tooth and nail for-- not to have the championship bounce around anymore.

in the grand scheme of things, the E at least thought this over because they knew what they wanted punk to do at wrestlemania cause 'taker was back and needed an opponent. wwe needed rocky to do what they wanted-- that was to put the title on john cena, but if cena faced punk at wrestlemania, who would 'taker face? i would say no one other than cm punk had the merit to face undertaker at wrestlemania, cause none of them held the belt for over a year. i guess that's why they through in sheamus, orton and show against the shield cause there wasn't too much for them to do there, because of the "big three" matches at wrestlemania, it ended up being a bland card, but with a lot of star power

Honestly I'd be the happiest man on Earth if I was Ted Dibiase, sitting at home getting paid a lot to talk at military events and wrestle once every month or so. Didn't Bo Dallas just really crap the bed on his first live promo or something?

i'm not sure what bo dallas' was about, but the fans weren't really warm to his debut. they were just like, who the **** is this dude and why is he doing stuff with wade barrett. honestly, i'm a big fan of wade barrett. from what sheamus said in an interview with peter rosenberg, and pretty much every time he's asked about working with wade, he said wade barrett is a legit tough guy. i loved watching sheamus vs/ wade barrett, even early on when wade was in nexus and stuff. those guys have chemistry

idk people praise bo dallas for having talent. i haven't seen the guy much so i can't comment, but he just looks like a generic long haired dude with no charisma. you know, daniel bryan did an interview recently and said he doesn't consider WWE wrestling. can't argue with that. he went on to say, in the 'E you have to be 'entertaining' to get over. which is why d-bry is one of the more over guys right now. he has "it" he reinvented himself and does a good job with interacting with the fans, which, at the end of the day, is what they work for. the bit he does when he screams "NO! NO! NO!" to random fans at ringside is awesome

Edited by Olias

idk people praise bo dallas for having talent. i haven't seen the guy much so i can't comment, but he just looks like a generic long haired dude with no charisma. you know, daniel bryan did an interview recently and said he doesn't consider WWE wrestling. can't argue with that. he went on to say, in the 'E you have to be 'entertaining' to get over. which is why d-bry is one of the more over guys right now. he has "it" he reinvented himself and does a good job with interacting with the fans, which, at the end of the day, is what they work for. the bit he does when he screams "NO! NO! NO!" to random fans at ringside is awesome

Everything you say in this post is correct, true, good, and everything else similar to those words.

Remember how awesome it was when the New Jersey crowd started to hum Fandangos theme? And after that do you remember when WWE tried to milk it on this weeks Raw with that lame attempt to make it a social meda craze? Well now they have done this, which some seems like some super sad attempt to make it the next Harlem Shake, and oficially made it lame:

Ezekiel Jackson suffered a pretty bad upper body injury back in 2012. He'd been dealing with that for about a year...he was inactive for almost a year due to that injury and when he appeared at WM Axxess that was his first appearance since the injury.

Hunico suffered an injury as well. McGillicutty (Joe Hennig) was last in NXT teaming with Dallas in the tag team tournament, where they were eliminated by the Wyatt Family. Hawkins hasn't been doing much since his partner Tyler Reks retired. Otunga has a role in the recently released Halle Berry/Abigail Breslin movie "The Call" so that may explain why he's been absent.

Edited by Scott Hartnell's Mane

Fun when it's done at the individual level, but it's overkill at the corporate level.

That's pretty much it. Yes it's great that they are supporting him for now, but the company is so obsessed with social media score and what's trending that they will overkill the gimmick. Then when the gimmick loses that little bit of cool it had and stops being popular, it will be the performers fault and not the companies and he will start jobbing to mid carders and fade away,

As much as I found Zack Ryder obnoxious, the same thing happened to him. The company overkilled him, put him into that AWFUL Eve/Cena/Kane angle, made him Eve & Kanes whipping boy which made him start losing crowd reactions and next thing you know he's jobbing to everyone. Which is sad because it was creatives fault and not his.

I wonder what is next with CM Punk. Based on his appearance on Raw, does this mean he will no longer associate himself with Paul Heyman? I also wonder who his next rivalry will be with.

Read he's going to take time off until the summer. My guess he'll be back in time to setup a match at SummerSlam at the very latest. Almost certain he will be a face upon return.

Read he's going to take time off until the summer. My guess he'll be back in time to setup a match at SummerSlam at the very latest. Almost certain he will be a face upon return.

That would make sense. He should have a match at Summer Slam. I'm very curious to who that match could be with. I'm guessing another WWE wrestler from the Attitude era. I'm praying for a CM Punk vs. Stone Cold one day.