The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

22 hours ago, TheHitman said:

This thread is as dead as WWEs storylines.

Just a fun little tidbit, John Cena will be the lead in the next Transformers movie. Hopefully he can save the franchise. That does mean we probably won't see him again for a while after Summerslam. 

Does that pretty much mean he'll lose his match at Summerslam? 

Man some of the story lines are brutal... that being said, I still get entertained by about 40-60 minutes of raw and 30-50 minutes of smack down. Thank goodness for PVR and fast forwarding... 

Can't stop loling at Miz / Maryse and the entourage. They are great entertainment. Last Mondays show was hilarious when they were saying hollywood has ran out of ideas with tom cruise and the mummy... but ironically these guys made marine five times! LOL 

45 minutes ago, apollo said:

Does that pretty much mean he'll lose his match at Summerslam? 

Man some of the story lines are brutal... that being said, I still get entertained by about 40-60 minutes of raw and 30-50 minutes of smack down. Thank goodness for PVR and fast forwarding... 

Can't stop loling at Miz / Maryse and the entourage. They are great entertainment. Last Mondays show was hilarious when they were saying hollywood has ran out of ideas with tom cruise and the mummy... but ironically these guys made marine five times! LOL 

Not sure, perhaps they make John champion to promote the movie?

42 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Not sure, perhaps they make John champion to promote the movie?

Wouldn't that make him the 17 time champion? So that would be the record...

Would be odd to have a guy break Flairs record and then just disappear off TV for a while... :S

I like Cena but I hope it doesn't happen like that. Let him finish the movie and have it happen at Wrestlemania or something.

7 hours ago, apollo said:

Wouldn't that make him the 17 time champion? So that would be the record...

Would be odd to have a guy break Flairs record and then just disappear off TV for a while... :S

I like Cena but I hope it doesn't happen like that. Let him finish the movie and have it happen at Wrestlemania or something.

Meh, Vince isn't too smart about big moments like these. Arguably AJ and Cena should've main evented WM and Cena should've got his 16th championship then.

Also, Bayley got injured during a match last night with Nia Jax. 

Summerslam card looks very underwhelming.

The only saving point on the card is (I hope) Lesnar losing the title. I wouldn't even be mad if he drops it to Reigns. I'm just done with "Eat. Sleep. Show up for 5 minutes. Repeat."

9 hours ago, shiznak said:

The only saving point on the card is (I hope) Lesnar losing the title. I wouldn't even be mad if he drops it to Reigns. I'm just done with "Eat. Sleep. Show up for 5 minutes. Repeat."

At least NXT the night before is looking good.

On 8/6/2017 at 1:47 AM, shiznak said:

I think that's just Vince's way of making the PPV's more intense... like no one wants to miss a Lesnar fight.

TBH I don't think Braun, Roman or Joe would be better champs than Brock. Maybe Roman but only if Brock get's a rematch next PPV.

PS Y2J not winning the US title made no sense a couple weeks ago. He's GOAT! 

Edited by apollo

On 06/08/2017 at 1:47 AM, shiznak said:

I mean I don't want Brock to have the title any longer, for the reason you stated. But I dunno that dropping it to anyone but Samoa Joe in that match would make for positive storylines moving forward.

I like Brawn (as in I legitimately think he's a really good/entertaining wrestler for his size and relative inexperience), but he would feel almost too invincible. While that could work, and he's the one thing the WWE has consistently handled well, somehow, I don't know that I'd want to see them try. Maybe it's just a bit too early. I dunno, it feels a little bit off.

Roman is Roman though, and I couldn't sit through a championship run of his (as if there needed to be even less of a reason to tune into Raw).

Samoa Joe as opposed to Brawn would probably give off that right level of competition that they want with Brock, while being ever-present where he isn't. It would be optimal.

4 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I mean I don't want Brock to have the title any longer, for the reason you stated. But I dunno that dropping it to anyone but Samoa Joe in that match would make for positive storylines moving forward.

I like Brawn (as in I legitimately think he's a really good/entertaining wrestler for his size and relative inexperience), but he would feel almost too invincible. While that could work, and he's the one thing the WWE has consistently handled well, somehow, I don't know that I'd want to see them try. Maybe it's just a bit too early. I dunno, it feels a little bit off.

Roman is Roman though, and I couldn't sit through a championship run of his (as if there needed to be even less of a reason to tune into Raw).

Samoa Joe as opposed to Brawn would probably give off that right level of competition that they want with Brock, while being ever-present where he isn't. It would be optimal.

Man I still can't take Braun seriously as a tough guy... sure he's huge but with his puffy cheeks he just looks like such a cutie... I can't see him being this guy he's portrayed. 

At least Roman fits the bill and can perform in ring. 

Joe too I don't like... he's a pretty good performer though... fits his bill but I just dislike the character. 

Ideally a Brock win + Brock showing up more on the weekly shows would be a win! 

Wrestling icon Flair hospitalized, in ICU

http://www.tsn.ca/wrestling-icon-flair-hospitalized-in-icu-1.829641

Professional wrestling legend "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair has been hospitalized and is "facing tough medical issues," his representatives confirmed late on Sunday night.

“Are u a Fan/Friend of Ric Flair?If so, we need prayers & positive energy 4 our Living Legend as he is dealing w/some tough medical issues," Melissa Morris Zanoni, CEO of Legacy Talent, tweeted on Sunday.

Flair, 68, was admitted to an unnamed hospital on Saturday. Zanoni downplayed the severity of the visit earlier in the weekend, saying it was for "routine monitoring."

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer confirmed that Flair was in an intensive care unit.

In his 2004 autobiography, To Be The Man, Flair revealed that he had alcoholic cardiomyopathy, a heart condition brought on by excessive alcohol abuse that can lead to heart failure.

A 16-time heavyweight champion, Flair, who made his name with Jim Crockett Promotions in the 1970s, is currently signed to World Wrestling Entertainment under its Legends program.

The WWE has yet to release comment.

An ESPN 30 for 30 on Flair is set to premiere on November 9.

I hope he pulls through but this doesn't sound good.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, fivethej said:

GFW stripped Alberto of World Title.

Jinder vs Cena is main event on SDL. Non-Title.

Why did Alberto leave wwe? What happened lol... 

Cena will win I bet, but jinder will retain at SummerSlam. I hope they make that match a triple threat cage match. That would be nice. 

Also it'd be pretty epic if undertaker interferes with the Brock Roman Joe Braun match... But they'll probably save it for mania. 

Edited by apollo

4 hours ago, apollo said:

Why did Alberto leave wwe? What happened lol... 

Cena will win I bet, but jinder will retain at SummerSlam. I hope they make that match a triple threat cage match. That would be nice. 

Also it'd be pretty epic if undertaker interferes with the Brock Roman Joe Braun match... But they'll probably save it for mania. 

Alberto was fed up of WWE. He always going on drunken profanity rants about them including how he claims WWE was the ones behind Paige's nudes/sex tape getting leaked.

Cena is facing Corbin at Summerslam. Nakamura beats Jinder with Corbin then cashing in. Cena beats Corbin like how Seth Rollins lost to Orton at WM but cashed in successfully right at the very end of Lesnar/Roman.

23 hours ago, fivethej said:

Alberto was fed up of WWE. He always going on drunken profanity rants about them including how he claims WWE was the ones behind Paige's nudes/sex tape getting leaked.

Cena is facing Corbin at Summerslam. Nakamura beats Jinder with Corbin then cashing in. Cena beats Corbin like how Seth Rollins lost to Orton at WM but cashed in successfully right at the very end of Lesnar/Roman.

ummm I hope these are just predictions and u didn't just ruin summer slam for me :P