The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Sasha was on Sam Roberts podcast talking about being so frustrated with creative process how no-know what they are doing until they arrive at Raw. WCW was just like that.

She also commented on short title reigns she's had saying the following:

"I don't know if it was something with me or they just want to keep on flipping flopping, I don't know!"

On 8/30/2017 at 2:02 AM, shiznak said:

Roman should have retorted by mentioning Corbin, Rusev, Wyatt (in 2015), Ziggler, and the Nexus when John said he has no say in who he buries. 

Don't forget Alex Riley.

Lauren Van Ness (Chelsea Green) mentioned Victoria on Impact in segment where she, Grado and Joseph Park were planning the wedding. Both Grado and Park were shocked to find out she is Canadian.

Speaking of which Taya Valkyrie debuts next week. Be cool to see Lauren and Taya feud or have confrontation at some point. #PrideofVictoria

On 8/23/2017 at 8:10 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

GLORIOUS 

Still not too sold on him but I definitely like him a lot more than some of the recent NXT guys... his character doesn't annoy me like Elias (who I'm starting to like), Nakamura (who is genuinely can't comprehend his voice or his body movements...), Finn (who I'm starting to like),... 

Long live the Miztourage :lol:

Anyone watching the Mae Young Classic? I saw all the episodes besides the final and had a great time watching the tournament.

The first two episodes were pretty mediocre but once the winners advance, aka the better quality wrestlers, the matches got much better.

It's been a very good tournament so far and I totally see WWE signing (if they haven't already signed) 10 to 14 of these women to beef up the Women Division.  

On 8/29/2017 at 1:30 PM, TheHitman said:

I'm not sure John Cena will ever be appreciated for how great he is tbh. On the topic of Sasha Banks losing the Womens championship, who's really surprised? She's not on Total Divas so it's bound to be that way regardless.

By who, the fans? Does it really matter?

Look at what he does behind the scenes. Look at what he does in the gym to stay healthy. He can cut amazing promos  The guy is a beast.  I'd put him up there with The Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan IMO.  WWE really needs to turn him heel, just to even see where it would go.

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

Looks like Jeff Jarrett is gone from GFW. I'm so confused at this point, the company was going in a good direction at the last tapings. Hopefully they don't bring in John Gaburick again, that dude was trash. 

Some kind of substance abuse maybe?  Definitely strange.

1 hour ago, Grapefruits said:

Look at what he does behind the scenes. Look at what he does in the gym to stay healthy. He can cut amazing promos  The guy is a beast.  I'd put him up there with The Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan IMO.  WWE really needs to turn him heel, just to even see where it would go.

As far as WWE goes, Cena is the GOAT. Nobody has main evented at the level he has for as long as he has or has done more for the company. I don't think him going heel is worth it, his part time status almost guarantees he's coming back to good reactions.

1 hour ago, Grapefruits said:

Some kind of substance abuse maybe?  Definitely strange.

Supposedly Nordholm was not happy with him at Triplemania, Jarrett looked inebriated and out of shape there as well. 

17 hours ago, TheHitman said:

As far as WWE goes, Cena is the GOAT. Nobody has main evented at the level he has for as long as he has or has done more for the company. I don't think him going heel is worth it, his part time status almost guarantees he's coming back to good reactions.

Supposedly Nordholm was not happy with him at Triplemania, Jarrett looked inebriated and out of shape there as well. 

The only thing Cena has going for him, when you compare him to the greats is his loyalty to the company and even then we're starting to question that, when he sporadically shows up whenever he wants, because of his side projects. 

When it comes to overall performance (ring work, mic work, selling) I wouldn't even consider him in the top 10.

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Looks like Jeff Jarrett is gone from GFW. I'm so confused at this point, the company was going in a good direction at the last tapings. Hopefully they don't bring in John Gaburick again, that dude was trash. 

GFW/TNA merger also could be off . Not to mention Alberto's future is up in the air too  - Nordholm wants to cut ties with him.

Could we actually see the return of Dixie.

14 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

I'd definitely put him up there too. I'd love to see him go on a heel run for a year or so... I'd still cheer for him assuming it's not against my fav wrestlers... The Miz, The Only True Face of America KO... Randy, ... 

12 hours ago, shiznak said:

The only thing Cena has going for him, when you compare him to the greats is his loyalty to the company and even then we're starting to question that, when he sporadically shows up whenever he wants, because of his side projects. 

When end it comes to overall performance (ring work, mic work, selling) I wouldn't even consider him in the top 10.

Mic work, selling and ring work he's gotta be in the top 10... he electrifies the crowd wherever he goes. Whether it's them booing him or cheering

Also what is this GFW? Is it even televised? I just checked their website and their roster looks like a bunch of rejects isn't it? 

Also why did Cena rename FU to Attitude Adjustment? 

Ok one more thing... I really hate this Jason Jordan gimmick... could they seriously not have come up with something more stupid than him being related to Kurt? The guy is black... Kurt is white... it just makes 0 sense. Also, I'd be pissed at my dad if he didn't tell me until I was like 28 years old. 

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Also why did Cena rename FU to Attitude Adjustment? 

Is this a serious question? Haha He also changed his STFU submission to the STF.

Cena not a top 10 performer? Give me a break. He is the only guy that can get a reaction out of every single person in the building. In WWE, The standard for a good performer is 100% based on if fans will buy tickets and if they care. That makes Cena #1 in the world. 

26 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Is this a serious question? Haha He also changed his STFU submission to the STF.

Cena not a top 10 performer? Give me a break. He is the only guy that can get a reaction out of every single person in the building. In WWE, The standard for a good performer is 100% based on if fans will buy tickets and if they care. That makes Cena #1 in the world. 

Yea lol... it sounded better. I guess maybe to appeal to kids more? Then again he cussed at Roman monday... I was away from wrestling for a few years and so much changed when I came back lol 

Cena is top 3 in my books. Although he's not my favourite, but still you can't deny his charisma and ability.

• Upvote 1

Cena is pretty much a special attraction (a great entertainer) that garner views, with adequate wrestling skills. I could probably name 50 past and present wrestlers, who might not be as popular as Cena, but are on par with him on the mic and are better in the ring.

Wow... I just finished Tuesdays Smackdown. I'm devastated 

JBL Gone... 

And Carmella wrecked Ellsworth... I loved that duo, it was hilarious. I used to love Carmella but now I hate her lol 

Also more of Shane not respecting the new face of America... 

Bryan Alvarez says Jinder is going to hold the title until WM. He says they aren't going to give up on him despite the ratings and india’s social media influence is helping him keep the title.

Question is who does he drop the title too? Styles vs Naka for U.S. Title is likely gonna happen at WM. Does Cena win the Rumble again and win the title to brake Flair's record? Roode is another option to beat Jinder.

Crazy to think both Lesnar and Jinder hold the titles until WM.

10 hours ago, fivethej said:

Bryan Alvarez says Jinder is going to hold the title until WM. He says they aren't going to give up on him despite the ratings and india’s social media influence is helping him keep the title.

Question is who does he drop the title too? Styles vs Naka for U.S. Title is likely gonna happen at WM. Does Cena win the Rumble again and win the title to brake Flair's record? Roode is another option to beat Jinder.

Crazy to think both Lesnar and Jinder hold the titles until WM.

Bryan Alvarez isn't usually correct on his rumours tbh.