The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

i would love batista to come back. he was awesome just before he left. i never really kept tabs on why he left in the first place and him saying that it's PG and blah blah blah, but even if it's PG it doesn't mean he can't come back and still be the animal. i think he can still go and might have enough for 1 more run, be a role player for the younger guys, but obviously not job them out. he can come back and still be intimidating

if the rumors are true, i would hazard a guess that it's triple h who brought batista back. wwe is in much better shape now than it was 3, 4, 5-7 years ago. heck after 2006 up until 2009 i stopped watching wwe all together. i was watching tna for the most part. i would catch a RAW maybe, every few months or so. my friends who followed wwe during those times were like, yeah you didn't really miss much. i tuned in for the dx/mcmahon run, and that was awesome. i enjoyed all of that, but at that point the product just didn't interest me anymore.

then i tune in to smackdown some time in 2009 and cm punk had the straight edge society thing going on and, you know, being a 'casual fan' at that point, i only heard of cm punk from my friends who were like, dude watch smackdown. this cm punk guy is for real" and he worked that program with rey mysterio and i was like well **** thats how it's done. this guy is going to turn the company around, then after that, punk kinda disappeared and i lost interest again then batista left shorty after

storylines now are a little more edgy while trying to stay in the PG mold and with guys like cm punk as a top guy, dolph and guys like sheamus (i still like sheamus, but how babyface can one guy get) and tough guys like barrett and del rio (from what i hear, del rio is a legit tough guy as well).

can complain about the roster until the cows come home but wwe has great talent, but they aren't being used right. i won't deny that. orton is a top player, still gets a huge reaction but he's in purgatory. that guy should be in main events. randy orton doesn't need the title, but at least he can be a top contender.

if dave came back, and he can still go, then you can't help but be an arm chair booker and think, ****, the possibilities

Edited by Olias

Teddy Long and not Booker T will be turning heel.

Another heel authority figure.

WWE has changed plans for a proposed Booker T heel turn and now the plan is for Teddy Long to turn. Teddy is expected to become the new heel General Manager of SmackDown.

Early numbers for WM are not very good

It will be a few months before we get an official buyrate for the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view but F4Wonline.com reports that three different sources this past week stated that very early estimates do not look good. One number being floated around was "downright shocking." WWE's own internal projections were lowered substantiall in the final week before the pay-per-view based on the Elimination Chamber buys coming in lower than expected.

News on HHH/Lesnar and worry over The Rock

Original plans for Brock Lesnar and Triple H had them re-visiting the feud later this year, not doing a third match at Extreme Rules. The planned angle with The Rock and Brock Lesnar for the post-WrestleMania RAW that didn't happen would have built to a SummerSlam match, not a WrestleMania XXX match as previously reported. Regarding The Rock, there is a lot of concern, or maybe just paranoia, among people within WWE that he will never wrestle again.

Backstage News on CM Punk's Status

Part of the reason why Brock Lesnar has returned and The Undertaker is working next week is because CM Punk won't be returning anytime soon and WWE needs star power on TV. Before this past Monday, the plan was for CM Punk to come out on RAW and whine about losing at WrestleMania 29, then walk out of the company in the storylines. This was held off from the post-WrestleMania RAW because officials felt that Punk would get a big reaction from the post-WrestleMania RAW crowd. Another reason it was held off is because Punk wasn't happy with the verbiage they wanted him to use and didn't want to come off as a whiner. A few weeks back, Punk had a big blow up with WWE creative and wanted to give his notice to quit the company. He went and worked it out with top WWE officials. At that time, it was decided that Punk wouldn't be working live events anymore, just TV and WrestleMania 29. Between the backstage problems and severely tearing knee ligaments at WrestleMania, Punk was written off TV this past Monday at RAW. Punk will be fine once he rests up and lets his knees heal. Right now there is no set plan for Punk to return but word is that he won't be back until SummerSlam time.

glad they went with dutch instead. respect slaughter but dutch mantel can talk

can't believe i didn't catch this, but my gal, aj in an awesome interview

wwe needs to do more stuff with her. i love her as a heel (that bit she did, mocking del rio with the limping thing on raw made me pop), but she works more as a face. she's so sweet that playing a heel, the crowd loves her anyways. as an armchair booker you need a heel diva to be picking on a face aj, bam you have yourself a diva's match that people wont go to the bathroom for

also love the nod to sensational sherri and miss liz and molly holly. trish and lita should be on every divas list

Edited by Olias

HBK replaces Cena at Live Events next month.

Wonder if he'll return to the ring.

It appears that Shawn Michaels will be filling in for John Cena during an upcoming WWE run through Canada. Cena will be missing three consecutive WWE live events next month on 5/24, 5/25 and 5/26, and the company has announced that Shawn Michaels will be replacing him. Other talent scheduled for the events include The New Age Outlaws and Chris Jericho. It is unclear what role HBK will be playing during these dates.

Batista won't be returning anytime soon. He's busy doing movies.

Thought with HHH/Lesnar II, it could have lead to Batista returning to feud with Lesnar.

Rumors have been circulating regarding former WWE Superstar Batista and a potential return to the company. These reports stem from Dave Meltzer saying that Batista is back to his normal weight of 280 lbs. Nowhere did Meltzer mention that Batista was trying to get back into "in-ring shape," nor did it say that Batista was interested in a return. Batista did note last fall on MMA Uncensored that he was interested in eventually returning to WWE and would be interested in working a program with Triple H, Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker.

As far as an immediate return goes, don't expect Batista to return for awhile, as he will be heading over to London to start the filming for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy in June. Once he finishes filming the movie, he will make the media rounds to promote Riddick, which releases on September 6th.

Early numbers for WM are not very good

No surprise there. I think most people could realize it was going to be a weak card and knew the $60 or so price tag just wasn't worth it. With so many reliable free sources on the net these days they better lower the PPV prices

AJ is #1 contender to Divas Title. She'll be winning it soon. Olias is smiling i'm sure :bigblush:

Ryback is terrible on the mic. He needs someone to do his talking. Heyman would be ideal.

What's with that hat Ryback was wearing?