The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

On 8/8/2018 at 11:39 AM, apollo said:

So frustrating that Vancouver still doesn't get a real show that's televised. When was the last time we got one of those?

I actually used to know that one.  However, it's been so long ago now I've forgotten, LOL!

It has to be somewhere around 15 years ago now.

8 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

May have seen a becky lynch heel turn. I'm interested

Becky didn't turn heel. Sasha/Bayley is happening on SDL.

6 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

I actually used to know that one.  However, it's been so long ago now I've forgotten, LOL!

It has to be somewhere around 15 years ago now.

Wasn't last time Vancouver had WWE Televised Rock Bottom PPV in 1998 at GM Place.

4902779597819694245.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fivethej said:

Becky didn't turn heel. Sasha/Bayley is happening on SDL.

Wasn't last time Vancouver had WWE Televised Rock Bottom PPV in 1998 at GM Place.

4902779597819694245.jpg

Nah, it was a RAW in 2003. I'm pretty sure it was when Kane tied Shane McMahon to the ringpost and shocked his nuts with a car battery. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Nah, it was a RAW in 2003. I'm pretty sure it was when Kane tied Shane McMahon to the ringpost and shocked his nuts with a car battery. 

Raw August 4, 2003 at Pacific Coliseum

https://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/raw/030804.html

HEAT TAPINGS:

Harry Smith (Davey Boy's son) defeated Randy Anderson (dark)..

Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade defeated Tony Kazina & Buddy Wayne..

Test defeated Tommy Dreamer..

Steven Richards & Victoria defeated Maven & Ivory..

IN THE RING: Shane McMahon + Eric Bischoff + Steve Austin..

Shane McMahon says that tonight he's gonna finish what he started last week with Kane..

Shane McMahon says that he's going to make Kane's life a living hell!

Just then, Eric Bischoff's music hits and out comes the Co-GM of RAW to the ring..

Eric Bischoff says that if Linda McMahon hadn't given the night off, Kane wouldn't have assaulted her!

Eric Bischoff says there's nothing else he'd rather see, than for Shane McMahon to get his revenge on Kane!

Eric Bischoff says that Vince McMahon set up Kane vs RVD for Summerslam 2003!

Eric Bischoff says he's had ordered security to throw Shane McMahon out of the building..

Eric Bischoff says he's going to give Shane McMahon the opportunity to leave on his own..

Shane McMahon calls Eric Bischoff a "parasite" and doesn't give a damn what his father said!

Shane McMahon & Eric Bischoff go nose to nose and nearly come to blows..

Que the broken glass, Co-General Manager Steve Austin joins the festivities!

Steve Austin strangely sides with Eric Bischoff and pleads with Shane McMahon to leave on his own..

Steve Austin says that Eric Bischoff has a blackbelt and will kick Shane's ass!

Steve Austin says that Eric Bischoff "cares very deeply" for Linda McMahon..

Steve Austin sets up a NO HOLDS BARRED match between Shane McMahon & Eric Bischoff..

MATCH: Bubba Dudley w/DVon Dudley vs Rene Dupree w/Sylvain Grenier..

Rene Dupree tries to use the flag as a weapon, but Sylvain Grenier accidentally clotheslines him!

DVon enters the ring and whacks Rene Dupree with the flag, busting him open big time!

Bubba Dudley hits his finisher and picks up the victory!

BACKSTAGE: The Evolution + Eric Bischoff..

Randy Orton asks Triple H how bad his groin injury is..

Ric Flair says it's so bad that it too three beautiful women to get him to sleep last night..

Eric Bischoff runs in panicing and tells Triple H that he's got a proposition for him!

MATCH: Scott Steiner w/Stacy Keibler vs Randy Orton..

Randy Orton says that more people came here to see HIS nipples than Stacy's nipples..

Late in the match, Test ran down and brawled with Scott Steiner for a few minutes..

Randy Orton capitolizes and hits the RKO to win the match!

BACKSTAGE: The Evolution + Eric Bischoff..

Eric Bischoff is taking a fit, asking if Triple H has agreed with his proposition..

Triple H tells him not to worry about it, they'll take care of it!

BACKSTAGE: Rosey & The Hurricane + Christian..

Rosey tries to tell The Hurricane that he's ready to be a Super Hero in Training..

Christian enters and tries to intimidate The Hurricane (his opponent tonight)..

Rosey brings out a box that reads "S.H.I.T." and tell Hurricane its his Super Hero in Training kit..

BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & Rodney Mack + Steve Austin..

Eric Bischoff is talking things over with Rodney Mack as Steve Austin jumps out from the shadows..

Eric Bischoff explains that he's made a little deal with Triple H to have Evolution in his corner..

Eric Bischoff also reveals that Triple H vs Bill Goldberg at Summerslam will be a NO DQ match..

MATCH: Christian vs The Hurricane..

Christian pins Hurricane by pulling the tights..

Hurricane protests the referees decision and Christian attacks him from behind!

Rosey, dressed in an orange, green & purple super hero outfit, makes the save and hits a sidewalk slam on Christian!

Rosey & The Hurricane pose for the audience afterwards..

MATCH: Ric Flair vs Bill Goldberg..

Late in the match, Randy Orton runs in and whacks Bill Goldberg with a chair for the DQ finish..

Triple H limps down to the ring and gets a sledgehammer out from under the ring..

Triple H gives Bill Golberg a shot to the ribs with the sledgehammer!

Shawn Michaels runs down to make the save and but Chris Jericho follows and attacks Michaels!

Kevin Nash finally makes it to the ring with a steel chair of his own as Evolution retreats..

Steve Austin's music hits and Steve Austin comes to the stage..

ON STAGE: Steve Austin..

Steve Austin announces that the World title will be defended in an Elimination Chamber at Summerslam!!!!

Steve Austin sets up HHH vs Goldberg vs Jericho vs Nash vs Michaels vs Orton!!

Editor's Note: This shows just how much trust they have in one, William Goldberg..

IN THE RING: Kevin Nash & Chris Jericho + Shawn Michaels..

Kevin Nash & Chris Jericho brawl for a bit concluding with Nash jacknifing Jericho in the end!

BACKSTAGE: The Evolution & Eric Bischoff..

Eric Bischoff is panicing again and wanting to know if Evolution will be in his corner tonight..

Triple H says if Eric Bischoff can reverse the Elimination Chamber, then they'll back him..

Eric Bischoff says he can't do anything about it..

Triple H says Eric Bischoff is own his own then..

WOMENS TITLE MATCH: Molly Holly vs Trish Stratus..

Late in the match, Victoria runs down and interfers, causing a DQ finish..

Victoria & Molly Holly double-team on Trish Stratus until Gail Kim makes the save!

Gail Kim helps Trish Stratus up and then viciously turns on her with a clothesline!

Editor's Note: Can we finish a match tonight without a run-in or a DQ finish?

BACKSTAGE: Lance Storm + Goldust..

Lance Storm admits to himself that he really is boring..

Lance Storm asks Goldust (the one guy who is anything but boring) to help him out!

Goldust says that they're gonna have a Baa--baaa-baaall--aallallll!

BACKSTAGE: Shane McMahon & Kane + Eric Bischoff..

Shane McMahon tries to get into the security van holding Kane but is stopped by security..

Eric Bischoff enters and says that Steve Austin is in immediate assistance of the security team!

Eric Bischoff then gets the key out and unlocks the van, releasing Kane!

MATCH: Rob Van Dam vs Chris Jericho..

This match was given a great amount of time, and Rob Van Dam pinned Chris Jericho in the end..

Chris Jericho gets on the microphone and complains that he lost because of Kevin Nash..

Chris Jericho challenges Kevin Nash to a Hair-vs-Hair match!

NO HOLDS BARRED: Eric Bischoff vs Shane McMahon..

Eric Bischoff comes out and warms up with a crew member..

Shane McMahon comes out and brawls with Eric Bischoff for about 45 seconds..

Suddenly, Kane's music and pyro hit and Kane came out without any chains or shackles..

Shane McMahon left the ring and attacked Kane outside the ring!

Kane eventually turned the tables and kicked Shane McMahon in the face..

Kane chokeslams Shane McMahon horizontally into the ringpost!

Kane then tombstones Shane McMahon on top of the metel ring steps outside the ring!

Kane rolls Shane McMahon into the ring where Eric Bischoff covers him for the victory!

Eric Bischoff covers Shane McMahon again and forces the referee to count 1-2-3 a second time!

RAW goes off the air...

• Cheers 1

I liked the AJ Styles / Joe match alot. They told a good story, and they worked stiff. Some of those spots looked great.

Genius Vince with the plan to end the PPV protecting Roman. Personally as a Brock fan I wasn't happy seeing him look so weak but I know im in the minority in saying I would rather him retain than Roman be champion. But then again I don't watch RAW so atleast I won't have to witness Roman's new reign. Lol

Overall there was some other decent matches. I thought the PPV was decent, nothing amazing aside from AJ / Joe IMO but it wasn't bad.