The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

what were the terms for lesnar's contract? like, how many appearances did he sign for? there was extreme rules and summer slam so far. him appearing at a big PPV like survivor series would be nice. or the rumble perhaps

I think it was 20-25 appearances for the year, plus working WM29.

oh ok so those raw appearances counted towards his deal then? hmm. he didn't make that many appearances other than the 2 ppv's and a few RAW shows. i guess i can see them saving a couple for the rumble then the road to mania. but the only way SS will be any good now is if he makes an appearance to help team punk :|

Edited by Olias

Yeah I didn't watch HIAC but it seems like it really wasn't great. If their product is really going down then they really need to end the TV-PG era. I did notice the crowd really wasn't into it much on RAW.

I also notice that they're always talking about something from the attitude era. Why can't they at least try to bring some of it back now instead of just talking about it? One thing I know for sure will boost ratings is bringing back the Hardcore Championship division. The feud between Al Snow and Hardcore Holly was classic, and matches like Kane vs Big Show vs Raven at WM 17 were amazing. Even more important to the sucess is just developing interesting characters; it's quite obvious that John Cena is getting stale.

Yeah I didn't watch HIAC but it seems like it really wasn't great. If their product is really going down then they really need to end the TV-PG era. I did notice the crowd really wasn't into it much on RAW.

I also notice that they're always talking about something from the attitude era. Why can't they at least try to bring some of it back now instead of just talking about it? One thing I know for sure will boost ratings is bringing back the Hardcore Championship division. The feud between Al Snow and Hardcore Holly was classic, and matches like Kane vs Big Show vs Raven at WM 17 were amazing. Even more important to the sucess is just developing interesting characters; it's quite obvious that John Cena is getting stale.

heres the thing. john cena has been stale since about 2008. from what i remember the last really interesting character wwe let slip away was mr. kennedy (TNA: ken anderson). he was on his way of being the next big superstar. the crowd really ate up the whole "Mrrrrrrr. Kennedaaaaaayyyy" bit.

just with the changing of the times, we can't have solid hardcore matches anymore because that would imply various weapon shots to the head-- which is a big no-no in the E nowadays. while it was funny with crash defending the title at, like, a chuck-e cheese you can't really replicate that kind of stuff again without the hardcore charm. while you can do weapon shots away from the head, it takes away a bit of the realism because then you'll have fans wanting blood, and if you can't get blood in a hardcore match....

before i'd want a hardcore division back, i'd like to see something of a cruiserweight division back. i, like many others out there, yearn for a fast-paced match. we don't get a whole lot of those anymore. it's always the same spots, same finishes, moving at a snail's pace

heres the thing. john cena has been stale since about 2008. from what i remember the last really interesting character wwe let slip away was mr. kennedy (TNA: ken anderson). he was on his way of being the next big superstar. the crowd really ate up the whole "Mrrrrrrr. Kennedaaaaaayyyy" bit.

just with the changing of the times, we can't have solid hardcore matches anymore because that would imply various weapon shots to the head-- which is a big no-no in the E nowadays. while it was funny with crash defending the title at, like, a chuck-e cheese you can't really replicate that kind of stuff again without the hardcore charm. while you can do weapon shots away from the head, it takes away a bit of the realism because then you'll have fans wanting blood, and if you can't get blood in a hardcore match....

before i'd want a hardcore division back, i'd like to see something of a cruiserweight division back. i, like many others out there, yearn for a fast-paced match. we don't get a whole lot of those anymore. it's always the same spots, same finishes, moving at a snail's pace

2008 is being very kind to Cena. I'd say 2006.

Ken Kennedy or Ken Anderson or Mr. Kennedy or Mr. Anderson was great on the mic, but was and still to some extent is a very sloppy in-ring performer. I remember him getting canned right after he returned from injury due to complaints from Cena and Randy Orton about him being stiff and likely to injure someone in the ring.

A few remarks:

I wasn't disapointed over the angle they took with Ryback/Punk at HIAC. The rouge referee angle isn't a path that is taken too often in WWE (see Hogan vs. Andre the Giant in 88 or Triple H vs. Earl Hebner in 2000) and I'm interested if this goes further considering Maddox is a trained wrestler. It would make for a different type of debut as an active wrestler. Plus the the low blow/fast 3 count didn't really affect Ryback being a beast that can still plow through people. I wouldn't be surprised if Team Foley comes down to him vs. the entire Team Punk at Survivor Series with Ryback having his ultimate feast.

Happy they took the strap off Sheamus. Man that title reign started on a sour note by having him beat Daniel Bryan in 10 seconds at Wrestlemania. I'm more surprised though that Ziggler didn't cash in, but I guess if they're doing a rematch at Survivor Series he'll take advantage after what will be a complete hoss fight.

Is it wrong that when Kane and Daniel Bryan loss the Tag Titles I hope it is to the 3MB?

I noticed the return of the Spanish Announce Table on Raw this Monday which leads to this question: If Vince McMahon is busy yelling in the headsets of Michael cole and JR all the time when he's backstage, who's his Spanish counterpart that does it for the Spanish Annouce Team? Plus it would be nice to have a YouTube video out there of a greatest hits: Wrestlers through the Spanish Annouce Table in Spanish.

Is it wrong that when Kane and Daniel Bryan loss the Tag Titles I hope it is to the 3MB?

not at all. i love 3mb. i'd love to see more random attacks then maybe ally themselves with team punk at SS maybe? ::D

also about kennedy, didn't know cena had a problem but i always knew orton was a bitch. actually now that i think of it i remember hearing an interview on youtube with konan saying kennedy, or someone else, pretty sure it was kennedy was fired cause of orton

Edited by Olias

Yeah I liked Mr. Kennedy when he was in WWE.

Though it did have some priceless and funny moments -- 24/7 kind of got annoying after awhile. A pretty decent match would go on and then it would be ruined when like four people come into the match everytime and then the champion would just run away.

I know they banned most head shots but don't they still do them if they really plan it out though? They still do some pretty nasty kicks to the head like Kofi on the Mizz a little bit ago. All I know is they should do something soon lol.

Yeah I liked Mr. Kennedy when he was in WWE.

Though it did have some priceless and funny moments -- 24/7 kind of got annoying after awhile. A pretty decent match would go on and then it would be ruined when like four people come into the match everytime and then the champion would just run away.

I know they banned most head shots but don't they still do them if they really plan it out though? They still do some pretty nasty kicks to the head like Kofi on the Mizz a little bit ago. All I know is they should do something soon lol.

I believe it was just head shots with foreign objects i.e. chairshots to the head (fun to hear Triple H got fined at Wrestlemania for a chairshot).

Remember those days where multiple wrestlers would go after different WWE titles, rather than just one wrestler after the other?

That's why the WWE has become so stale, I don't need to see Punk vs. Cena, Sheamus vs. The Big Show, Kofi vs the Miz, etc, more than once.

i love aj. i think i might make a new sig of her /creepy

Prior to being relieved as RAW general Manager, AJ Lee spoke with Sam Roberts about her character, the recent storylines she’s been involved in and more:

Ignoring advice to learn how to act and be a character in WWE: “I was like, ‘I’m just going to wrestle and I don’t need to do anything else. And, I would hear so much advice that there’s so much more to this business than that. There are so many levels and ways for people to connect to you. And, I didn’t get it until I was thrust into this role (as Raw GM) and learned from everybody else that was in it. Now, I appreciate that part of it more than I ever did before. So, I miss the wrestling, but I know that there’s time for that.”

How she gets into her character as crazy, vengeful, and prone to breaking down into tears: “I don’t think I can cry on cue; I just feel what’s happening. It’s real when it’s happening and I’m there and I’m her and I just kind of react to it.”

Kissing wrestlers on TV: “I don’t know about (bad) breath, but I will say it’s very difficult to kiss someone when – there was this one match where Bryan and I had just wrestled. I don’t know if you’ve wrestled before, but you get severe cottonmouth. (laughs) It is not prime-time for macking. So, that one was a little odd.”

Edited by Olias

Remember those days where multiple wrestlers would go after different WWE titles, rather than just one wrestler after the other?

That's why the WWE has become so stale, I don't need to see Punk vs. Cena, Sheamus vs. The Big Show, Kofi vs the Miz, etc, more than once.

and this is kind of what i've always complained about. i mean, i didn't start watching wwe religiously until 1997; i was in grade 4. i would have my friends over every monday night to watch RAW is WAR and the PPVs when my parents would order them on the black boxes. remember those??

but i did watch back in 1996 when bret was the champ before he dropped the belt to shawn.

i just remember when shawn was champ back in '97 you had guys like vader, undertaker, austin, bret and to a lesser extent ken shamrock, after him for the title.

shawn's matches with undertaker is what made him so great. the psychology between the two. looking back at those matches now-- mainly their feud after summerslam, and those segments on RAW IS WAR (emphasis on the caps-- the importance) leading up to ground zero, you just wanted taker to kick the **** out of shawn michaels and your hatred for shawn would keep growing and growing up until he got just... messed up at badd blood. and the thing is, even after the hell in a cell, he never got stale. you just kept hating him and then at survivor series all hell just broke loose. i think around that time, wwe started to gain some ground over wcw in the monday night wars. the seeds were sewn. wwe just can't seem to create magic like that any more. i think the talent today could really benefit from having a guy like shawn teach them what it's all about to make an exciting match.

i listen to a LOT of interviews and podcasts on youtube (@TVTrax). for the most part they're actual news reports going on in the E and TNA with a couple dirtsheet reports, but i mainly watch/listen new uploads of solomonster, don tony and kevin castle show and whatever show konnan is featured on, MLW i think it is

if you want me to be honest, i still watch wwe nowadays because i still think that there is hope. back in 1994-1995 and 1996 people were going through the same thing. my dad stopped watching wwf after hogan left and started watching again in 1997 when i was watching and thought stone cold steve austin was the best thing on tv since sliced bread. thats how i feel about cm punk but he's so watered down right now, and it's just showing wwe just going through the motion, pumping out random and inconsistent shows then blaming the fans for the lack of viewership

lol PG

Thankfully I wasn't back into wrestling when this happened

Christ I completely forgot about that god awful orange incarnation of his shirt.

I still kind of like John Deere Cena though... by this I strictly mean colour scheme, nothing else.

cenagreen_display_image_display_image.jpg?1323979187

Edited by canuckster19

Christ I completely forgot about that god awful orange incarnation of his shirt.

I still kind of like John Deere Cena though... by this I strictly mean colour scheme, nothing else.

cenagreen_display_image_display_image.jpg?1323979187

John-Cena-Salute-the-Cenation-Authentic-T-Shirt.jpg

that was my favourite cena shirt. i couldn't get one when i wanted too because the men's sizes are way too big for me. i can only fit in the lady's sizes but they were out at the time :|

might be recorded by a potato but it's the only thing i could find WWE hadn't taken down.

i think it was the following RAW after wrestlemania 13 or the one after they used the thorn in your eye but this was my childhood right here

hell looking at old vids i would still mark out when vince would be all WELCOME EVERYONE TO RAW IS WAAARRR!

Edited by Olias

might be recorded by a potato but it's the only thing i could find WWE hadn't taken down.

i think it was the following RAW after wrestlemania 13 or the one after they used the thorn in your eye but this was my childhood right here

When I think of old school Raw, that's the first thing that comes to mind.

When I think of old school Raw, that's the first thing that comes to mind.

theres just too much history with the old school RAW IS WAR i think if it weren't for austin getting the **** kicked out of him at mania 13 i would have tuned in to nitro and never turned back. hell, my MOM ordered royal rumble and we marked the **** out when austin 'won' then got pissed off at the whole fatal 4 way deal at in your house, but as soon as my mom was all "meh **** it, we'll order mania 13" because she was hoping undertaker would win the belt at the time. me and my dad were austin all the way. at that point we were behind him.

you know that stuff they say "dont try this at home or at school" i was giving random kids stunners at school and was actually hurting them as a result but i didn't care i was stone cold steve austin. i would even flip them off as the principal would run out then drag me to the office then call my parents

I believe it was just head shots with foreign objects i.e. chairshots to the head (fun to hear Triple H got fined at Wrestlemania for a chairshot).

Oh ok, that really limits the potential of how good a match can be (meaning a special stips match like a street fight or HIAC)

I can understand not doing them as much but they really should do some good spots once in awhile. Mick Foley is probably my all-time favorite wrestler so it's obvious that I more favor the chaotic out of control matches lol.