The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

I really wish people would get over the attitude era, yes there were some great moments but there was also a ton of crap over a full monday night raw, maybe 1 to 2 good matches max. Attitude era is so overrated it's not even funny.

I'll be honest...the Attitude Era had its failures in stories and people (Katie Vick, Invasion storyline, not utilizing RTC to its potential), but it beats Super Cena and Punk highlighting every PPV.

Gone are the days of the fatal 4 way between Rock, HHH, Angle, and Big Show; gone are the days of the HIAC at Armageddon 2000; gone are the days when a heel turn for the top draw (Austin in WM17) actually matters; gone are the days when stars like Foley, Hardys, and Dudleys gave it their all in weapons matches.

I really wish people would get over the attitude era, yes there were some great moments but there was also a ton of crap over a full monday night raw, maybe 1 to 2 good matches max. Attitude era is so overrated it's not even funny.

Absolutely agree. People have great memories of the top stars and some solid mid-carders, but tend to forget about the rest that was absolute crap. Adding in some foul language,blood and sexual innuendo isn't going to fix the problems the current WWE is having. It's not also impossible to have compelling and interesting wrestling that is PG rated. The late 80's/very very early 90's of the WWF proved that.

Austin, Rock, Taker, Foley, DX were amazing rest of the show crap + filler. Add vince russo scripting 5 minutes for anyone not in that group of main eventers made for an overall average show. Yes the main event stuff was great everything else was crap.

You're just speaking in hindsight. At the time, you loved every minute of it. PUPPIEEESSS!

You're just speaking in hindsight. At the time, you loved every minute of it. PUPPIEEESSS!

I can speak for myself thanks and no I didn't like I said the main event and guys like Goldust and Owen Hart were good outside of that I only watched the full Raw shows cause there really was nothing else on at that time slot and TSN showed Nitro on Wednesday.

If we had got Nitro on the same time as Raw I would have switch to WCW until the last half hour or so. More excitement on the lower card with Mysterio, Guerrera, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho, Raven, Kidman, Kanyon, Benoit, Utimo Dragon, Prince Iaukea etc...

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1

I can speak for myself thanks and no I didn't like I said the main event and guys like Goldust and Owen Hart were good outside of that I only watched the full Raw shows cause there really was nothing else on at that time slot and TSN showed Nitro on Wednesday.

If we had got Nitro on the same time as Raw I would have switch to WCW until the last half hour or so. More excitement on the lower card with Mysterio, Guerrera, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho, Raven, Kidman, Kanyon, Benoit, Utimo Dragon, Prince Iaukea etc...

i agree. i used to watch both raw and nitro up until late 1998 or so when nitro kind of got stale to me and i was all tuning in to raw just to see what happens with austin

the lower-mid carders of wcw far excelled wwe, but the E found ways to make most of the shows interesting to watch. the whole ministry of darkness thing was genius and the twist of mcmahon ****ing with austin was gold. outside of that there wasn't a whole lot outside of the new age outlaws, kane, al snow i guess, test and the big show , val venus and kei en tai, the brood and all but i'd pair that in with the ministry of darkness for the short time they were in it for the lower-mid carders. owen hart should have been much more than he was. it's a shame they didn't do much more with him

wcw had more character on their roster but wwf at the time had the best main eventers. then jericho jumped ship. any interest for wcw at that time died. then the hardy boyz, dudleys, edge and christian revived the tag team division after 2 some years of nothing. was great tv.

i didn't really care for the sexual stuff, actually then again i was only in grade 6 at the time (around 98-99). i wanted to see mcmahon get his ass whipped. i wanted to see austin, the rock, triple h, all those guys, but looking back, the sexual stuff was always a little meh. i get that it's edgy and all but the bra and panties matches just never ever did it for me

i think that was one of the best things about the attitude era was mcmahon getting the **** balls beaten out of him for the company. he's easily the best character ever

Edited by Olias

i agree. i used to watch both raw and nitro up until late 1998 or so when nitro kind of got stale to me and i was all tuning in to raw just to see what happens with austin

the lower-mid carders of wcw far excelled wwe, but the E found ways to make most of the shows interesting to watch. the whole ministry of darkness thing was genius and the twist of mcmahon ****ing with austin was gold. outside of that there wasn't a whole lot outside of the new age outlaws, kane, al snow i guess, test and the big show , val venus and kei en tai, the brood and all but i'd pair that in with the ministry of darkness for the short time they were in it for the lower-mid carders. owen hart should have been much more than he was. it's a shame they didn't do much more with him

wcw had more character on their roster but wwf at the time had the best main eventers. then jericho jumped ship. any interest for wcw at that time died. then the hardy boyz, dudleys, edge and christian revived the tag team division after 2 some years of nothing. was great tv.

i didn't really care for the sexual stuff, actually then again i was only in grade 6 at the time (around 98-99). i wanted to see mcmahon get his ass whipped. i wanted to see austin, the rock, triple h, all those guys, but looking back, the sexual stuff was always a little meh. i get that it's edgy and all but the bra and panties matches just never ever did it for me

i think that was one of the best things about the attitude era was mcmahon getting the **** balls beaten out of him for the company. he's easily the best character ever

Couldn't agree with you more, the Ministry stuff was amazing. Austin McMahon was always entertaining, and I really liked the direction they went with the artist formerly known as Goldust.

The thing that killed WCW for me was David Arquette becoming champion, congrats Vince Russo you just pissed all over tradition with that insult of a "title run." Pair that with the development of Edge and Christian, the Hardyz and Dudleyz and that is when WWE really picked up for me.

Tweet from CM Punk today that should probably put any questions to bed about the WWE going to TV-14.

CM Punk@CMPunk

Enough about the PG era and Linda. Nothing to do with one another. Stop living in the last. Eyes front, one foot in front of the other...

How can we stop living in the past, when the past was so much better? C'mon none of you can honestly say that the PG era is better than the Attitude era.

I don't think it has anything to do with it being PG vs Attitude. When there is a decent story line, people still get interested.

I think one thing that would help is having less titles. It would be more interesting to have say Orton, Shameus, Big Show, Cena, CM Punk, Ziggler, and any other main eventer that I have missed all gunning for one belt (while having their independent story lines). This way, we wouldn't have to watch the same two or three people always main eventing PPVs back together.

Same thing would apply for the other titles. More competition for the titles, less belts, everyone wins.

I don't think it has anything to do with it being PG vs Attitude. When there is a decent story line, people still get interested.

I think one thing that would help is having less titles. It would be more interesting to have say Orton, Shameus, Big Show, Cena, CM Punk, Ziggler, and any other main eventer that I have missed all gunning for one belt (while having their independent story lines). This way, we wouldn't have to watch the same two or three people always main eventing PPVs back together.

Same thing would apply for the other titles. More competition for the titles, less belts, everyone wins.

It isn't, I was just using that as an example. Even like '05 '06 was a lot better. Right now isn't TOO bad but I tell you that stupid soap opera opening they're doing now is not helping their cause.

for those wondering what's up with jake

http://youtu.be/g97pMR6JeRg

I'm really pulling for the guy. As I've mentioned before, he was my favorite wrestler as a kid. Watching his meltdowns over the years weren't easy to watch.

One of the old schooler's that WWF just threw away and forgot about.

Edited by zero-ONE-three

I'm really pulling for the guy. As I've mentioned before, he was my favorite wrestler as a kid. Watching his meltdowns over the years weren't easy to watch.

One of the old schooler's that WWF just threw away and forgot about.

he'll make it for sure. ddp released a video of a juice thing they're all going to try out.

about tonight's RAW? e5h5sl.jpg

out of 3 hours, the best bit was with daniel bryan, of course