Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

• Please log in to reply
8458 replies to this topic

#481 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Wade Barrett new IC champion? Ugh, he sucks. Hopefully this leads to Ted Dibiase or someone coming back and taking the title from him.

Things I thought no one was saying..
Posted Image

#482 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,148 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Time to start watching Raw again because the Rock is back!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#483 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

even if you see it as "phoning it in"

i think you're missing the point of what i'm saying.

jerry lawler is not entertaining anymore. he doesn't even attempt to sell the product anymore. he says a couple funny things here and there but there is a time for someone to call it quits. jerry can call it quits whenever he wants. as far as i know he's not in any financial bind. i'm not questioning his loyalty to the compny. not at all. but his entertainment value has dropped significantly over the years, if you want my honest opinion. i love jerry lawler as much as the next guy, he's a legend in the business-- but it should be time for the E to start looking for other commentary talents, which is what i think they're doing with JBL

Wade Barrett does not suck, he's one of the best talkers in the WWE. They just don't know how to use him right, and kind of buried him when they kicked him out the Nexus

agreed. i'm a wade barrett fan. gotta let the guy talk more thats for sure. hes also one of the few, i'd go to a stretch and say hes the only guy who could make a match with sheamus seem interesting

for now lol

Edited by Olias, 02 January 2013 - 01:11 PM.

Posted Image

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#484 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

i think you're missing the point of what i'm saying.

jerry lawler is not entertaining anymore. he doesn't even attempt to sell the product anymore. he says a couple funny things here and there but there is a time for someone to call it quits. jerry can call it quits whenever he wants. as far as i know he's not in any financial bind. i'm not questioning his loyalty to the compny. not at all. but his entertainment value has dropped significantly over the years, if you want my honest opinion. i love jerry lawler as much as the next guy, he's a legend in the business-- but it should be time for the E to start looking for other commentary talents, which is what i think they're doing with JBL

agreed. i'm a wade barrett fan. gotta let the guy talk more thats for sure. hes also one of the few, i'd go to a stretch and say hes the only guy who could make a match with sheamus seem interesting

for now lol

Other commentary talents...Three words... "OH MY GOD!!!!!"...Joey ****ing Styles. Already employed with the company as VP of digital media for WWE.com...and as a former RABID EC F'n W fanatic I'd tune in just for Joey. Make it happen!!! :)
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#485 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Until the Elimination Chamber then he'll be gone again lol

#486 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Matt Striker is top notch on commentary.

Go to 0:12.
Posted Image

#487 Vanuck14

Vanuck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

After watching the above clip I am wondering what the frack happened to Mason Ryan?

#488 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Matt Striker is top notch on commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGIXjxP1NQE

Go to 0:12.

"IT'S A MARK OUT MOMENT I'M MARKING OUT BRO"

that was the end of Striker's commentary career right there lol

#489 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I don't understand one thing in TNA. I understand Abyss is now playing the role of his brother Joseph Park, but what happened to the character Abyss?
Posted Image

#490 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

I don't understand one thing in TNA. I understand Abyss is now playing the role of his brother Joseph Park, but what happened to the character Abyss?

I think actually that Chris Park (Abyss) is playing the role of Joseph Park (and has been for some time now) to play mind games with Bully Ray. That's just an opinion...There are some that think that they are two completely different people...but I'll stick with my gut on this one and say he's just playing mind games. However...this could open up some kind of outlet for another wrestler to don the Abyss mask...one of similar build...not unlike when Brian Lee played the Fake Undertaker in the WWF.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#491 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Great to see the Stinger back tonight...Jeff Hardy totally deserving of the 2012 Wrestler of The Year...Somehow I find it difficult to comprehend Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan's "tryst"? Mickie James...oh hell yes...any day of the week...I love her...Mike Knox unmasked...no huge surprise there...
Posted Image

#492 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Antonio Cesaro pulled off the Neutralizer on The Great Khali. :shock:

Posted Image

#493 Vanuck14

Vanuck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Dam, I thought Brodus Clay was impressive but this tops that. Who next? Big Show?

#494 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Khali is helping out ALOT with the lift but that's still impressive

#495 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Why does The Great Khali wrestle?
Posted Image

#496 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Why does The Great Khali wrestle?

He can barely move in the ring, but I think he does a good job jobbing and putting over other wrestlers because he is over 7 feet tall.

Posted Image

#497 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

khali is just an attraction really. so scott hall is gonna try out ddp yoga

Posted Image

#498 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

X-Division tapings next Saturday for TNA just announced that Petey Williams is coming back. I am losing my crap over this event.

Posted Image

#499 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

X-Division tapings next Saturday for TNA just announced that Petey Williams is coming back. I am losing my crap over this event.

Hahaha awesome! Maple Leaf Muscle and his Canadian Destroyer may be the bane that takes RVD off of the X-Division perch...kind of wish they'd bring Jerry Lynn back too...for old time's sake...
Posted Image

#500 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

I remember some dance off a couple years ago where Khali tried to pin him. :lol:

And good luck to Scott Hall. I hope that he sticks with the program and get himself cleaned up. Best of luck Scotty!

Edited by DRCN SLYR, 06 January 2013 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image

#501 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

cool article a couple days ago about the monday night wars and the day foley won the title

http://www.wwe.com/c...4-1999-26081539

love how nash comes off as a huge douche in his .com interview, but what else is new ::D

Posted Image

#502 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hahaha awesome! Maple Leaf Muscle and his Canadian Destroyer may be the bane that takes RVD off of the X-Division perch...kind of wish they'd bring Jerry Lynn back too...for old time's sake...

I hope so, Jerry Lynn's coming back at the tapings to face RVD for the Title in the main event. There will also be an XScape and Ultimate X Match as well. Should make for an awesome tapings.

Posted Image

#503 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Looks like he will even be moving into the house:

Scott Hall Moving In with DDP & Jake
By Marc Middleton
Jan 7, 2013 - 7:58:19 AM

-We noted earlier that Scott Hall was going to try Diamond Dallas Page's DDPYOGA. Apparently Hall will be moving into the house that Page has with Jake Roberts in Atlanta so he can use the program to fight his health and personal problems. Roberts has lost over 50 pounds since moving in with Page

Looks like it's been working for Jake, hopefully it can get Hall finally on the right path.

Videos from a couple weeks back, but you can see the difference it's made with Roberts:

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 07 January 2013 - 01:40 PM.

13yl1g7.jpg

#504 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

you should watch the thanksgiving video. i think there was one before that about his day at AA or when he was drunk at the airport, the day after video, or something. he pretty much cuts a promo. it's awesome

Posted Image

#505 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Rock is back tonight, actually looking forward to Raw for once

#506 Mikey2Dope

Mikey2Dope

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Good lord did Punk ever own Rock tonight, especially with that line about his "tired, lameass shtick".

"Straight Edge scrotum"?
"Cookiepuss"?
"Punkeye The Crackhead"?

If Cena did any of those, the Internet would be all over him. Just flat out awful stuff from Rock tonight.

#507 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

was a pretty horrible show. big show vs. kofi? why? WHY?

i agree with mikey2dope. the first half of punk's tirade and getting cheap heat with the fans was meh, but then he went off on rocky and just completely obliterated him. loved that bit about him mentioning God and the whole crowd was all, "whoa. did he really just say that? oh dear"

Edited by Olias, 07 January 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Posted Image

#508 Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Gawd I hope Rock doesn't win the title. I get that some people are tired of Punk having the title, and I love the Rock as much as the next person, but it's just plain bad to give it to someone who comes for 4 nights a year.
Posted Image

#509 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Gawd I hope Rock doesn't win the title. I get that some people are tired of Punk having the title, and I love the Rock as much as the next person, but it's just plain bad to give it to someone who comes for 4 nights a year.

So if he doesn't lose it to the rock at the Rumble, is he going into Mania with it against taker?

Looks like they want Cena Rock part two, at wrestlemania, which in my mind would be the absolute perfect time to turn Cena heel. Rumor is the Rock will be way too busy the whole next year, so maybe have Cena beat him up enough after the match to give him some time off?

Curious what they're going to do with Lesnar. Say what you wan't about him, but he IS a draw. As much as I like Trips, I really hope he stays away from a match with Lesnar at WM, but right now I think this is the most proable scenario. Lesnar isn't working full time, and he's already got a semi - feud with Hunter.

Not likely to happen, but A ryback feud with Lesnar could also be intersting, just because of the size of the guys. Might not be a great match but I'd watch it.
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#510 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

So if he doesn't lose it to the rock at the Rumble, is he going into Mania with it against taker?

Looks like they want Cena Rock part two, at wrestlemania, which in my mind would be the absolute perfect time to turn Cena heel. Rumor is the Rock will be way too busy the whole next year, so maybe have Cena beat him up enough after the match to give him some time off?

Curious what they're going to do with Lesnar. Say what you wan't about him, but he IS a draw. As much as I like Trips, I really hope he stays away from a match with Lesnar at WM, but right now I think this is the most proable scenario. Lesnar isn't working full time, and he's already got a semi - feud with Hunter.

Not likely to happen, but A ryback feud with Lesnar could also be intersting, just because of the size of the guys. Might not be a great match but I'd watch it.

The plan is that Ryback faces Big Show. According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer and the guys at live audio wrestling

It will be Triple H vs Lesnar. That is also according to Meltzer and folks at the LAW.

Also they will never turn Cena. He is poster boy for WWE. He has granted most wishes for make a wish foundation and just signed a deal to be the temporary cover guy for fruity pebbles for crying it loud. Makes 0 sense from the company stand point to turn Cena heel.

Edited by canuckbeliever, 07 January 2013 - 11:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.