Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

• Please log in to reply
8735 replies to this topic

#601 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Thank you god

#602 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Thank you god

And now that means it will be The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 29. :picard:

Posted Image

#603 Mikey2Dope

Mikey2Dope

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Boy am I ever glad that I didn't pay for that pile of garbage.

#604 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Now we get to see Cena beat the Rock at WM, in the words of JC, f--- this company.
Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#605 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

And now that means it will be The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 29. :picard:

As bad as that is it's worth it to not have Punk as champion anymore

#606 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,741 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

But no one (ref or authority figure) actually saw the Shield. What a messy ending...

#607 Mikey2Dope

Mikey2Dope

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

But no one (ref or authority figure) actually saw the Shield. What a messy ending...

That's exactly it. Who books this crap? As much as I'm against a part time wrestler winning the belt, I'd have much rather he won clean.

I also don't get what the company has against Rhodes,Sandow & Ziggler. They constantly look like they are finally going to allow them to get to that next level, but then get cold feed and pull the rug out from underneath them.

#608 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,606 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Kind of akin to the referee always missing the tag behind his back because what the manager has to say is sooooooooo important.
Posted Image

#609 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Now we get to see Cena beat the Rock at WM, in the words of JC, f--- this company.

Posted Image

Cause the buildup to the match worked so well this year. So I guess the title will not be defended now until the first week of April?

Edited by AllHailSmyl, 27 January 2013 - 09:32 PM.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#610 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Putting the belt on a guy that shows up a handful of times a year must do wonders for moral in the locker room .

Knew months ago that they were going to put the belt on The Rock but now that it's happened it makes me want to throw up.

#611 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

WWE is a joke and merely a feeble shell of its former self. Terrible writing, crappy booking among a host of other things that the company can't get remotely right.

The product hasn't been good in years. It is no wonder why ratings have sucked lately.

#612 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Punk doesn't need the title, and I'm glad I"m not goingto have to watch him get saved everytime he has to defend.

That being said, 80% sure Cena will win at Mania, and to be honest, if they turn Randy Heel andgo back to what they had years ago I wouldn't mind that.
Cena Rock and Punk Taker I guess?
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#613 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

WWE is a joke and merely a feeble shell of its former self. Terrible writing, crappy booking among a host of other things that the company can't get remotely right.

The product hasn't been good in years. It is no wonder why ratings have sucked lately.

I miss the days of getting sucked into an episode of RAW and watching the whole show. Then again, even if it was back to being that good, I'm not sure I could watch 3 hours.

Funny how the product is getting worse the more control HHH and Stephanie have over it.

Part of the blame has to go to the current stars, they need to rise above their characters that have been created. Not sure if that's an issue with developmental failing or just their lack of drive. Then again watching The Rock come in, get a huge payday, show up a few times a year and then get handed the belt has to do wonders for confidence.

The writing is just atrocious, anytime they do come up with something decent they kill it with a complete 180, or drop the storyline dead. Put a huge effort into building a guy up for a few weeks/months and then bury him within a week or two.

Huge opportunity with Royal Rumble to bring in guys for the match and get people talking. All they can get is Jericho, Golddust, and The Godfather. :picard:

#614 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Cause it wasn't the Shield...it was Brock Lesnar.....

I hope that's where they're going with this. CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.

Edited by Opmac, 27 January 2013 - 11:02 PM.

Posted Image

#615 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Cause it wasn't the Shield...it was Brock Lesnar.....

I hope that's where they're going with this. CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.

that's what everyone wants, so no it won't be Lesnar that attacked Rock lol

#616 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

WWE, lol. What a joke. Did not watch any of this, but with the results I'm happy I didn't. I pretty sure I said that exact same thing a few months ago, but I still mean it. They've got their heads stuck fairly deep up their own asses.

ucuxpJV.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#617 Super19

Super19

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

I liked Punk as champ and it was an insult to see the way his 434 day reign ended. I don't mind Rock with the belt - it's just how Punk lost it nags me.
And of course SuperCena wins the Rumble because we all know he needs the push.

Anyway, RAW seems like it will be interesting. Y2J back, and the whole Shield Punk, Rock, Vince angle. Also interesting to see how they will play the whole blackout situation during the championship match. Also Lesnar and Taker have to be getting into the picture soon now.

Not bad.
Posted Image

#618 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Huge opportunity with Royal Rumble to bring in guys for the match and get people talking. All they can get is Jericho, Golddust, and The Godfather. :picard:

Who would you rather have? Jake "the Snake" Roberts?

2gx0j6x.png

#619 Bork Laser

Bork Laser

WWE Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Credit to Twilight Sparkle

#620 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

just in case anyone still thinks it wasn't the Shield..

still during a flash from a camera going off, gave everything away lol

Posted Image

Edited by Primus099, 28 January 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#621 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,606 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Can someone explain whytf Cena gave his slammy to Flair? I mean come on, his intentions are as transparent as a glass house, self serving prick. One can only hope someone can manage to bury him but I don't see it happening, Rock's schtick felt old and tired vs CM Punk, for him to suddenly use it against Cena leading up to WM is going to just be plain awful, nothing good will come of this feud unless Cena turns and I think it's too late for that now.
Posted Image

#622 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Haven't watched the Rumble yet, waiting on the wife to come home so we can watch it. Haven't read this thread for a couple days but wanted to quote something I said awhile back from the last locked WWE thread:

Posted by DRÀCÓN SLÀYÉR on 23 August 2012 - 12:39 AM in Other Sports

Looks like the Fozzy tour has Jericho busy for the rest of the year with almost two months off starting in October. Don't really see him coming back just to go back on tour with Fozzy for another month. In February and March they only have 5 shows, one being on a Monday. I can see him enter the Royal Rumble as the 30th entrant with no promos beforehand and tossing Ziggler to win "the big one."

Well, I was half right, didn't think they would be starting the match.
Posted Image

#623 Mikey2Dope

Mikey2Dope

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

With all the negativity going on in this thread, I thought I should post something postitive.

DDP released these photos today of how his work is going with Jake Roberts. I can't believe the difference! Just amazing.

Posted Image

#624 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

With all the negativity going on in this thread, I thought I should post something postitive.

DDP released these photos today of how his work is going with Jake Roberts. I can't believe the difference! Just amazing.

Posted Image

One hell of a transformation. Wasn't sure if he was going to be able to stick with it. Hopefully Hall will have the same success

#625 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

LOL COLE BURIED THE crap OUTTA THE DIVAS MATCH.
Posted Image

#626 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,741 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

just in case anyone still thinks it wasn't the Shield..

still during a flash from a camera going off, gave everything away lol

Posted Image

Not sure why there was photography at all during the Shield interference part. Doesn't that give away the whole thing?

#627 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,997 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

stopped watching RAW half way through to watch sportscentre and get ready for the canucks game. there is no way, i mean no way, WWE officials can be content with the crap they're putting on our TV's

4k8g3p.jpg

Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE RAIN

#628 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,420 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

F5 on Mr Mcmahon

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#629 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Why do you guys continue to watch the WWE, if all you do is complain about how horrible it is? You guys remind me of those IWC guys (smarks) who do nothing except complain about the product and only like certain wrestlers (indy guys). I mean yeah, some of the stuff they do is downright lame, but those skits aren't meant of the older audience. They just can't please one certain demographic, they have kids who watch wrestling as well and find it humorous.

I hate to say this but, The IWC people are just as bad as those who say "You know wrestling is fake?".

2gx0j6x.png

#630 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

Cool that Lesnar is back, but him F5ing Vince pretty much guaratees a rematch with him and Triple H at WM29 lol. Is this going to be nothing but rehashes at WM? We already have Cena vs Rock round 2 as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.