The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

the entire crowd was behind zigs. the man really knows the ring. who'da thunk this was one of the guys who were in the spirit squad

i mean, i'm not gonna lie, it took me a while to warm up to "dolph ziggler" but there's something so old school about him

Yeah, but that's just 'cause it's a New York crowd. Won't be like that everywhere.

By the way, I had it on mute while it was happening... how did the crowd react to ADR's face turn lol?

Well the Shield won.

Just another group that the normal fan isn't going to think twice about.

The worst thing the WWE could do is sacrifice what Ryback has going to push these guys. Anyone remember the Nexus? Look at Barett now.

Punk will NEVER be the number one guy in the WWE, with Cena's body slowly feeling the effects of his career, may as well get the Ryback train going.

Ambrose is the only impressive one in the group

That loss did nothing to slow Ryback's push at all, he was putting Rollins through 2 tables while D-Bryan was getting pinned. The only time Ryback has lost a match when here actually got pinned is HIAC against Punk, and we all know the reason he got pinned there. He still has yet to lose clean, at SS Cena got pinned not him.

Wasn't surprised by AJ turning on Cena, didn't see ADR face turn coming though lol

Edited by Primus099

Wasn't surprised by AJ turning on Cena

i was surprised, actually. thought the E was going with that story all the way, but i guess once i really think about it, with cena and one of the bellas they might as well kill that off (FINALLY). i'm interested to see where they go with aj now. would be nice if they had her with dolph. they're both one of the best on the roster. i could have seen it coming back when there was that lockeroom bit when zigs called her "trash" then he and cena brawled.

thats when i was finally sold on ziggler. he's another that keeps me tuned in to raw. idk about anyone else but wwe is really starting to improve. this was one of the better ppv's of the year. couple bleh matches but it's one of the few that makes me really want to tune in to raw to see what happens. ultimately i'll get disappointment but all i'm hearing now is the E wanting a little more edgier program while still keeping it, "PG." i'm all for it, but they're really dropping the ball on miz here. he was one of my faves, but they've turned him in to a cheap pop nerd

Your posts never cease to amaze me.

35hllk3.jpg

I mean everyone else is just a scrub, why even bother.

Although in all seriousness, I haven't watched the PPV, or any of the shows leading up to it. The Shield was one thing that could have drawn me in, but I didn't bother because it's surrounded by three hours of poorly organized fluff.

Well with Cena still doing what Cena does, and Ryback posing as a big time face, I'm quite happy with my choice not to be following the product. There are good wrestlers like Ziggler out there, but these guys make it hard to care.

Edited by g_bassi13

Well the Shield won.

Just another group that the normal fan isn't going to think twice about.

The worst thing the WWE could do is sacrifice what Ryback has going to push these guys. Anyone remember the Nexus? Look at Barett now.

Punk will NEVER be the number one guy in the WWE, with Cena's body slowly feeling the effects of his career, may as well get the Ryback train going.

Ambrose is the only impressive one in the group

The Nexus was poorly booked and never had a fair chance against SuperCena, so that's a weak comparison. That 6 man tag was EPIC and The Shield were brilliantly booked. It was some of the smartest booking I have ever seen WWE do for heels. They also protected Ryback big time in that match and he still came out of it looking just as badass as The Shield did.

i was surprised, actually. thought the E was going with that story all the way, but i guess once i really think about it, with cena and one of the bellas they might as well kill that off (FINALLY). i'm interested to see where they go with aj now. would be nice if they had her with dolph. they're both one of the best on the roster. i could have seen it coming back when there was that lockeroom bit when zigs called her "trash" then he and cena brawled.

thats when i was finally sold on ziggler. he's another that keeps me tuned in to raw. idk about anyone else but wwe is really starting to improve. this was one of the better ppv's of the year. couple bleh matches but it's one of the few that makes me really want to tune in to raw to see what happens. ultimately i'll get disappointment but all i'm hearing now is the E wanting a little more edgier program while still keeping it, "PG." i'm all for it, but they're really dropping the ball on miz here. he was one of my faves, but they've turned him in to a cheap pop nerd

I see the WWE starting to improve as well. I'm also curious to see what buttons they can push while still maintaining the PG rating...Now that Linda's Congressional dreams have been dashed, I wonder why they don't just get the 14 rating back and start doing much edgier storylines and such...I'm about like you...not many wrestlers on Raw right now keep me tuning in every week. IMO, the best stuff WWE has ever done was back during the Monday Night War...competition just brought out the best in them...I guess we can always hope that a large enough piece of the WWE's current audience would start paying more attention to TNA and TNA decides to really compete with the WWE by getting a show on Mondays...

Your posts never cease to amaze me.

And your failure to understand logic never ceases to amaze me.

What is the WWE? Is it a place for the best athletes to entertain a crowd? Is it a place where the most talented individuals get the best treatment?

No. Like the NHL and all other forms of sporting entertainment, it's just a business.

Of course to anyone with half a brain that should be obvious. If you manage to understand that statement then you should understand that in order, the main priorities of the WWE are :

1) Ratings

2) Merchandise Sales

3) Sponsorships

4) Arena ticket Revenue.

5) Advertising Revenue

--------

6) Finding the poster boy

7) Drawing ing NEW FANS

7) Storylines

8) Finding appropriate talent for mid carders

9) Developmental System

10) Pleasing old Fans

Surprised? You shouldn't be.

If I were Vince McMahon, you think I would care what the IWC cares about the product he is puting out? How much money have you spent the last year on WWE merchandise? the answer is probably insignificant enough for your opinion to matter to them.

Oh sure, you guys can bitch and complain about "Supercena" all you want, but the fact is untill Ryback or anyone else who doesn't have a Pepsi Tatoo on his shoulder turns into his guy, John Cena will be the most profitable and marketable thing the WWE has.

Who do you suggest Ziggler face to get the reaction he did last night? The undertaker might be the only other active guy to get Ziggler that Over.

The fact is, in 10 - 15 years, you are no longer the targer audience. Your children are, and their children, and their children. This will always be the case unless another company challenges the WWE, like WCW does, when that happens, then the in ring product becomes the number one priority, as everything else will follow.

This logic is why you see guys like Alberto Del Rio Jobbing, they don't sell. Apparently Sheamus and John Cena do, regardless of their ability. Like I mentioned above, the WWE is trying to gain new fans, not keep old one's, because they know people like you will complain about the product but will still watch.

The Average fans wants to cheer the stereotypical wrestler and the guy with the biggest "heart". They also don't care about womens wrestling and just want to watch hot chicks in the ring.

Sorry, but this is the truth

I see the WWE starting to improve as well. I'm also curious to see what buttons they can push while still maintaining the PG rating...Now that Linda's Congressional dreams have been dashed, I wonder why they don't just get the 14 rating back and start doing much edgier storylines and such...I'm about like you...not many wrestlers on Raw right now keep me tuning in every week. IMO, the best stuff WWE has ever done was back during the Monday Night War...competition just brought out the best in them...I guess we can always hope that a large enough piece of the WWE's current audience would start paying more attention to TNA and TNA decides to really compete with the WWE by getting a show on Mondays...

i outright stopped following tna because the aces & 8's thing got stale and i just dont care for that company anymore. they're kind of just clinging on to old stars. roode and aeries are promising though

And your failure to understand logic never ceases to amaze me.

What is the WWE? Is it a place for the best athletes to entertain a crowd? Is it a place where the most talented individuals get the best treatment?

No.

1) Ratings

2) Merchandise Sales

3) Sponsorships

4) Arena ticket Revenue.

5) Advertising Revenue

--------

7) Drawing ing NEW FANS

7) Storylines

9) Developmental System

10) Pleasing old Fans

Surprised? You shouldn't be.

If I were Vince McMahon, you think I would care what the IWC cares about the product he is puting out? How much money have you spent the last year on WWE merchandise? the answer is probably insignificant enough for your opinion to matter to them.

Oh sure, you guys can bitch and complain about "Supercena" all you want, but the fact is untill Ryback or anyone else who doesn't have a Pepsi Tatoo on his shoulder turns into his guy, John Cena will be the most profitable and marketable thing the WWE has.

Who do you suggest Ziggler face to get the reaction he did last night? The undertaker might be the only other active guy to get Ziggler that Over.

The fact is, in 10 - 15 years, you are no longer the targer audience. Your children are, and their children, and their children. This will always be the case unless another company challenges the WWE, like WCW does, when that happens, then the in ring product becomes the number one priority, as everything else will follow.

This logic is why you see guys like Alberto Del Rio Jobbing, they don't sell. Apparently Sheamus and John Cena do, regardless of their ability. Like I mentioned above, the WWE is trying to gain new fans, not keep old one's, because they know people like you will complain about the product but will still watch.

The Average fans wants to cheer the stereotypical wrestler and the guy with the biggest "heart". They also don't care about womens wrestling and just want to watch hot chicks in the ring.

Sorry, but this is the truth

just trying to understand what exactly you're trying to say here. while i agree with some of it, there are points that puzzle me

John Cena will be the most profitable and marketable thing the WWE has.

not sure how long you've been following the product, but cena's been the most marketable guy in the company for almost 10 years. they're pretty much just milking what's left of his name.

john cena has nothing left to offer us. he's done it all (although that cenacanrama took me by surprise. remember when he introduced the drop kick? hooo boy!)

john cena would be the only guy right now who i wouldn't mind facing austin in austin's last match. he's earned it. i'm not the biggest john cena fan in the world but i respect what he's done for the company and to the fans. he's paid his dues. the whole "cena sucks" bit is really just the crowd interacting with each other. i would think even the biggest cena hater out there at least notes what he's done for the business

The undertaker might be the only other active guy to get Ziggler that Over.

crowd would have shat on zigs if it were 'Taker. sorry.

if you think about it, pro wrestling has always been meant for children, in a way. it's meant for people of all ages, but children get easily hooked in because they don't really understand the whole kayfabe aspect. i do agree with the last bit there with competition, but a company like TNA has a long way to go. i think they'll just stick around on spike tv and not really go anywhere else because, they don't know how to use the talent, they don't have the right guy with the right mind and the right amount of money to really get that product off the ground. they've never been a threat to wwe and probably never will

jim cornette, is that you?

30tl9g8.jpg

1) Ratings

2) Merchandise Sales

3) Sponsorships

4) Arena ticket Revenue.

5) Advertising Revenue

--------

7) Drawing ing NEW FANS

7) Storylines

9) Developmental System

10) Pleasing old Fans

i'm surprised pleasing old fans is on there. i'm surprised 7 is reprised. i agree with 1, 2, and 3 though

Edited by Olias

ehhh boring show. thats pretty much it. nothing really wowed me. boogyman making a random appearance maybe

well actually aj x zigs :wub:

Kinda grosses me out how AJ has made out with Daniel Bryan, Kane, John Cena, CM Punk, and now Dolph Ziggler on (inter)national television in less than 8 months.

Very excited to see Big E Langston on Raw. I've watched a few of his matches on NXT. Love the "five count" thing he does. He's a much better performer in the ring than Ryback.

And it looks like AJ has turned heel.