The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

The Rock commented in an interview that he will wrestle at WrestleMania. The storyline will be that starting this coming Monday [for RAW], I’m gonna go back, and it’s going to be a big return,” Johnson said. ”That will lead to, hopefully, what will be the biggest WrestleMania of all time at Giants Stadium. I will headline that show, with someone who I can’t say right now. We’ve got an amazing four months lined up and planned out that will culminate in the biggest WrestleMania of all time. It’s going to be a hell of a thing.” Brock Lesnar perhaps?

Yeah i recall him saying that, and he said the stroyline would start Monday (yesteday) so is he fighting Punk at WM? cause that's the only storyline he started last night

Just watched the end of Raw again. The Rock was boring as hell. You can say people of all ages eat it up and everyone still loves it, but to be honest, everyone needs to get over it. Cookiepuss? Ok then...... I didn`t even get excited when he came, nor did I enjoy or laugh at anything he said. That might be because his return was shoved down my throat the entire show. I was much more interested with what Punk was saying. MUCH more interested.

You guys do realize the boxing with god line wasn't original...

it doesn't matter. everything in the E is so politically correct nowadays so it was a little shocking that he would say something like that

it's not only that, but it was his delivery. that was classic CM punk

Edited by Olias

"John Cena is a very small man...a small man." :picard:

"Congratulations, AJ just made her first sixth grade wiener joke." :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

...and that was a horrible way for Big E Langston to speak for the first time.

lol ya but i already see something in langston. he looks like a real force. he reminds me of ron simmons/farooq if you want my honest opinion. not quite there, he's still a pretty young guy (he's actually a really young guy-- still in his mid 20's. barely a prospect), but if someone like ron simmons took him under his wing, he could be a real star

Edited by Olias

The rocks promo was terrible. Everything Punk said in his promo came true when the Rock made terrible jokes instead fo answering him like a man. The difference is people tolerate this crap with the rock because he was a part of their childhood just as Cena fans 15 years from now will tolerate his lame schtick. Imagine if Rock fans saw Cena say cookie puss or straight edge scrotum, they would rip on the guy until the cows came home.

I know The Rock is the reason Royal Rumble and WrestleMania will have high PPV buys but as a fan I hope somehow Punk destroys his ass. The Rock uses cheap dumb lines to get over, Punk does it with logic and brains. If it wasnt for The Rock getting lucky and his hollywood career taking over I guarantee people would have been done with his bs 2-3 years after he originally left. By the time he had left people were already sick of him and I can understand why now. Punk is 100X the mic man The Rock ever was and the Rocks jokes are pathetic lame and stupid.

For all of you that ate up The Rocks promo clearly you are blinded by your love for him and can not see things for what they are. It is no different than the happy go lucky one liners Cena throws out every week.

• Upvote 1

SPOILER

Alberto Del Rio wins the Big Gold belt from Big Show on this week's Smackdown.

they want to get ADR over as a face and Ziggler over as a heel, they've set it up pretty nicely to acheive both with that. Otherwise ADR winning the title from show is stupid and makes no sense

Edited by Primus099

neither one of their promo's was really that great, Punk's would have been better if he didn't put everyone to sleep for 10 minutes before the Rock came out. His arms too short to box with god line may have been good if it was original but it wasn't.

The rocks promo was terrible. Everything Punk said in his promo came true when the Rock made terrible jokes instead fo answering him like a man. The difference is people tolerate this crap with the rock because he was a part of their childhood just as Cena fans 15 years from now will tolerate his lame schtick. Imagine if Rock fans saw Cena say cookie puss or straight edge scrotum, they would rip on the guy until the cows came home.

I know The Rock is the reason Royal Rumble and WrestleMania will have high PPV buys but as a fan I hope somehow Punk destroys his ass. The Rock uses cheap dumb lines to get over, Punk does it with logic and brains. If it wasnt for The Rock getting lucky and his hollywood career taking over I guarantee people would have been done with his bs 2-3 years after he originally left. By the time he had left people were already sick of him and I can understand why now. Punk is 100X the mic man The Rock ever was and the Rocks jokes are pathetic lame and stupid.

For all of you that ate up The Rocks promo clearly you are blinded by your love for him and can not see things for what they are. It is no different than the happy go lucky one liners Cena throws out every week.

Yep, Punk never uses dumb jokes to win people over, like calling someone clown shoes, right? I get that you're a Punk supporter, but Punk isn't that great on the mic without him breaking kayfabe. Name me one promo Punk did in his babyface run that made you say "wow that was great."?....... And that's the one disadvantage of being a babyface, you rarely see them put out a good promo, because they can't break kayfabe (unless you're Cena), they have to make these "lame" comments and try to win the fans over. The Rock however is on another level, because like I said previously, he has the charisma for just about any promo he does. He doesn't go out there and make these jokes, while acting like an idiot like Cena does. I was never really a fan of The Rock in the first place, but when he went to Hollywood and came back for a short heel run, he won me over. His last heel run was just epic, The Rock Concert, the match with Stone Cold at Mania, and his feud with Goldberg and Hogan. That's is why The Rock is nearly untouchable on the mic.

It's funny how Punk said, when he was feuding with Jericho, that he never plagiarize anything in his life. Yet, he stole his finishing move from Kenta, he copy the Macho Man's flying elbow, he was trying way too hard to be the next Stone Cold, and now he copy that line from the musical.

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 1

at the end of the day, whatever the rock says; it's dated. we've heard it all before. i was a fan of the rock since he joined the nation of domination.

back in the day, as a kid, i hated his guts. looking back today, rocky was gold when he was in the nation. he baited the fans in so well with the rocky sucks chants. however, as soon as austin went down and he had to carry the company while he was gone, that's where it all began with the "schtick," and he started working with jericho against triple h and steph and the coporation. at the time, it was great tv, don't get me wrong. but this is 2013, not 2000/2001

but when i was 13/14, i loved the rock's gag. i loved calling people at school a jabroni and stuff like that and calling them a money's ass, but i'm 24 years old now and that stuff is kind of, meh

punk may be breaking the 4th wall a little bit, but i really don't care. that's just his character-- that's who he is. classic, old school wrestling and keeping kayfabe, those days are pretty much over with WWE whoring themselves to social media and all of this community stuff they do

i'm not making excuses, since i am a cm punk guy, but some people need to get with the times here

people can rag on cena for being a nerd for some of the stuff he says, but it's all about delivery. cena is one of the best talkers today, whether you like it or not. same with cm punk, cesaro is starting to grow on me, but the whole, "i don't like you fat, lazy fans" has been done to death. he could do so much more. dolph is pretty good, aj is one of the most important characters on the roster right now, hell i even love vicki guerrero's work. it just takes 2 words for the entire arena to boo her out the building

but at the end of the day, the rock is... the rock. one of the icons of the attitude era but that can only get you so far today. he still has a tonne of charisma, but unfortunately, it's still stuck in the year 2000

• Upvote 1

"Superstar" Billy Graham posted this on his Facebook:

I watch the last hour of WWE Raw last night. It was the worst excuse for a show I have ever seen! My agent Scott is tight with legendary World Champion Bruno Sammartino. Scott has told me that WWE has been calling Brunno regularly begging him to go into the Hall of Fame. Bruno has been polite but has always said no thank you.

Tonight on RAW for the last 45 minutes of the show all they did was have CM PUNK talk, talk and more talk! The killer line came when Vince had Punk putting over his 314 straight days as world champ and then said and I quote, ” you had people like Burno Sammartino , only wrestled in Madison Square Garden only wrestled one a month.”

This was by far the biggest put down of Bruno ever. Why would WWE have Punk say that about someone they have been begging to go into the Hall of Fame for untold years? When that teenager looking CM Punk made that statement he was also talking about me, Ivan Koloff, Stan Hanson etc. Find the re run and listen closely and answer me this my Facebook friends – How can they justify putting down a real icon like this, and not get called out on it?

Any news sites can quote me on my statement below:

CM Punk, I have lost all respect for you for nor saying no to the writers of the WWE for saying Bruno Sammartino only wrestled once a month in Madison Square Garden. You talk about one of the greatest icons ever in pro wrestling like he was a JOBBER??? You should be ashamed of yourself for not having the self-dignity to say NO to the writers on that line. That line you delivered indicates that I am a big loser like Bruno as well and insults me as I wrestled in the same era as Bruno. This only confirms more that I want my name out of the WWE Hall of Fame.

How many monthly sell outs have you yourself drawn at Madison Square Garden? Not a PPV or the Raw TV show. Quit talking trash about Bruno. It’s an insult to him and all the wrestlers of his era including myself!

Apparently he forgot what a heel is.