Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

• Please log in to reply
10503 replies to this topic

#781 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

The full match is on YouTube:

21:42 for powerbomb.
27:35 for piledriver.
28:55 for hurricanrana.

Posted Image

#782 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

watched just for the piledriver lol nicely executed. you'd think a "no no" like the piledriver would be a finish to the match

Edited by Olias, 26 February 2013 - 10:09 PM.

mx0fg0.jpg

Praise Smooze!

#783 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

Cena a jobber? Lol your point is invalid.

Cena vs. Taker Vengeance 2003 and on Smackdown his match against Miz was far from terrible and his matches with Kane were some of Kane's best work in a while.

I don't mean great in the sense of best of all time I mean great for storyline purposes and crowd reaction which is the point. Not the 150 whiny people like you who cry no matter what Cena does.

He does something new he should stick with the basics, he sticks with the basics he's stale etc...

I guess if you like matches that the faces gets beat up for 90% of the match and suddenly hulks up and wins out of no where, then yeah those were good matches. His match with The Miz at Over the Limit is a prime example, all the cards were stacked against him, yet he pulled a win out of his jorts. Same with his match with Kane at the Rumble.

hv8ppk.jpg

#784 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,650 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

I guess if you like matches that the faces gets beat up for 90% of the match and suddenly hulks up and wins out of no where, then yeah those were good matches. His match with The Miz at Over the Limit is a prime example, all the cards were stacked against him, yet he pulled a win out of his jorts. Same with his match with Kane at the Rumble.

Blame the writers not the performer...

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#785 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Blame the writers not the performer...

I guess you think Hogan was a good wrestler as well, then?

hv8ppk.jpg

#786 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,650 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

I guess you think Hogan was a good wrestler as well, then?

You're reaching.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#787 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

The full match is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nHLejsN_Mo

21:42 for powerbomb.
27:35 for piledriver.
28:55 for hurricanrana.

Honestly, I expected Undertaker to come out when Punk did the piledriver, as a way of saying "I can do it better than you" and thus setting up the Taker-Punk WM29 match.

#788 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

That is not the first time Cena tried a hurricanrana, and he's botched it like every time he's done it. I'm happy that he tries a 'new move' sometimes, but that is brutal and really could hurt someone. And people can't really be serious in supporting 'super Cena' when he'll kick out of every finisher ever. It wouldn't be so bad, but he does it EVERY time, against scrubs and superstars alike. It's kind of sad that they make him do it against someone like Punk is all. Still, was a great match, it's just impossible for it to be a win-win when even though it's a good match you know what's going to happen. Especially when it ends in a way that looks like Punk was so embarrassed that he botched a move so badly that he just stayed down to let Cena save some face or something.

#789 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Do you know why big guys don't try high risks moves?

Because they could have seriously hurt the opponents. I bet you would love to see your hero Punk in a neck brace.

There's a rule in wrestling, know your limitation and Cena apparently thinks he can suddenly become a luchador wrestler.

If a Cena hurricanrana ever puts a man in a neck brace, I will wire you MILLLLIONS OF DOLLARS, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
Posted Image

#790 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

HHH and Steph join Twitter:

@TripleH

@StephanieMcMahon

#791 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

The return of managers as mouthpieces to WWE.

The feeling in WWE right now is many of the wrestlers can't talk to get themselves over even though they may has strong in-ring abilities. WWE has been exploring the idea of re-introducing managers as has been the case with Jack Swagger who now has a mouthpiece in Zeb Colter (Dutch Mantel).

Vince McMahon and the creative team also discussed bringing in former WCW, ECW and TNA manager Jim Mitchell for Swagger and while he was no choosen there is still a possiblitiy that he will appear in the future.

Edited by J529, 27 February 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#792 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

If WWE brings in Jim Mitchell, that would be epic. He's a great talker.

For those unfamilar with him, he's been in a manager in WCW, ECW and TNA.

Posted Image

#793 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Zeb Colter does a great job for Swagger, but it is a fail sort of. I feel like the feud is between Del Rio and Colter, not Del Rio and Swagger. Swagger just stands there while Colter does his thing, then says about 10 words. I don't really pay attention to him.
Posted Image

#794 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

I was watching the Honky Tonk Man's blog talk radio show, or maybe it was a more recent interview with Road Dogg where they talk about Dutch Mantel (Zeb Colter) and traveling on the road with him. Was a pretty good listen. I didn't realize Zeb was Dutch until someone mentioned it on the comment section when they broke kayfabe and called out Glenn Beck

also:

epic video

Edited by Olias, 27 February 2013 - 11:26 PM.

mx0fg0.jpg

Praise Smooze!

#795 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Looks like they will be building towards another six man tag. Orton/Sheamus/??? vs. The Shield. I would guess the third guy would be Ryback. Although, it seemed like on Raw they were starting a Sheamus/Barrett feud. Guess they've dropped Barrett/Bo Dallas feud. Orton finally turns heel during the match at WM. Possibly aligning with The Shield. Would be silly to have him revealed as the leader. They of course could attacked Orton, but he could say that was all staged or them attacking him earned his respect. Legacy all over again. There has been talk of Ryback turning heel and feuding with Cena. So if they do another six man at WM, i'd prefer to see Orton turn as he's a natural heel, opposed to Ryback turning heel during the match.

Cena/Rock - We know Cena is winning the Title. I expect a match similar to Cena/Punk with kicking out of eachother's finishers and throwing a few moves they normally they don't use in. I know it won't happen but if it gets to the point where Cena gets so frustrated, he doesn't know what to do to win and can't afford to lose again to The Rock. Cena finally turns heel and cheats to win. I know it ain't happening. Day after WM on RAW, Rock wants his re-match and mentions how they're even 1-1. WM 30 Cena/Rock 3. It could happen before that at SummerSlam, but Rock/Lesnar has been discussed for SS.

Edited by J529, 28 February 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#796 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

That Cena/Punk match was really something.

zackass.png

#797 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

I'd like to see Kevin Thorn back if they bring in Jim Mitchell. He worked awesome at Abyss's side back in the day!

Posted Image

#798 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I would not mind seeing Ryback or Orton aligned with The Shield at all.
Posted Image

#799 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

doubt Ryback will turn heel anytime soon he's too popular with the fans, I keep hearing that Orton is turning heel soon though

#800 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 25,086 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

doubt Ryback will turn heel anytime soon he's too popular with the fans, I keep hearing that Orton is turning heel soon though

About time, his much better as a heel than a face.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#801 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

...so when am I going to hear that glass shatter and hear "STONE COLD. STONE COLD!"

I just want to hear that one more time during a RAW episode.

And if anything, I'd like to see the old Cena and his "Thuganomics" gig at to make him tolerable at the least by this point.

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan, 02 March 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#802 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

And if anything, I'd like to see the old Cena and his "Thuganomics" gig at to make him tolerable at the least by this point.

Last year in the build up to Cena/Rock at WM 28 on Raw, Cena for one night only went back to his Rapper gimmick and came out to Basic Thuganomics. He Rapped on Rock and Rock did a Rock Concert on Cena.

Edited by J529, 02 March 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#803 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 25,086 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

...so when am I going to hear that glass shatter and hear "STONE COLD. STONE COLD!"

I just want to hear that one more time during a RAW episode.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#804 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Not mention of what happened at the end of Impact this week. Angle is in the clubhouse and is fighting it out with Aces and 8s VP. Angle smashes a beer bottle over the VP's head and knocks him out. Angle unmasks him, but we don't see who's under the mask as he's unconscious and under a table.
Angle can't believe it "Holly crap" and asks how they could do this. Before he can get any answers, the rest of Aces and 8s runs in and beats Angle down.

VP was a big man. Most predictions i've seen as to who the VP is are the following:

D-Lo Brown
Abyss
Matt Morgan
Samoa Joe
AJ Styles - There was a segment on Impact where AJ comes home. He looks to have added 15 pounds of muscle and now sports a full beard that made his face look different and seriously unkept hair. He saw TNA cameras and got ticked off at the siutation. Styles said they don't get it, then left on his motorcycle and took off down the highway. Of course some are of the thinking AJ is with Aces and 8s. It's possible. Think more likely this is a red herring and he's not associated with AA8's. AJ could be WCW's version of Dark Sting where he is fighting off Aces, but he's not on TNA's side.
Jeff Jarrett
Eric Bischoff

With the way Impact ended, they've left it open if they just attacked Angle or kidnapped him as he knows the identity of the VP. If he shows up next week, he reveals who it is.

#805 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Two Rumoured Matches for WM 29

While neither of these matches are confirmed they have been heavily
discussed for the WrestleMania 29

- Mark Henry vs. Chris Jericho - IC Title Match: Wade Barrett ⌐ vs.
Sheamus

Wonder where this leaves Orton/The Shield feud? Figured another 6 man tag match with Orton, Sheamus and another partner. I could see Big Show on Orton's team after he attacked The Shield when they showed up and interfered in his match with Orton on SD. Suppose Ryback could be the Third member of Orton's team.

#806 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

WWE Expecting The Worst WM Reaction for Cena

FW4Online.com is reporting that WWE is expecting that John Cena will be booed out of the building should he win the WWE Championship in his match against The Rock at WrestleMania 29 in New Jersey. The internal feeling is that Cena needs win the match and title however how they execute that is another matter.

#807 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Bruno Sammartino joins Twitter too.

@sammartinobruno

#808 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

WWE announces HHH will appear on Raw. Lesnar isn't advertised to appear.

Looks like HHH promo to set up their WM match.

#809 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Two Rumoured Matches for WM 29

Wonder where this leaves Orton/The Shield feud? Figured another 6 man tag match with Orton, Sheamus and another partner. I could see Big Show on Orton's team after he attacked The Shield when they showed up and interfered in his match with Orton on SD. Suppose Ryback could be the Third member of Orton's team.

I would expect the Big Show to turn face and be in the Shield match. He's run his course as a heel. Very uninteresting now.

Posted Image

#810 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

2 Cities make Bids for WM 31

As noted earlier this week, the Central Florida Sports Commission recently received a request for a proposal from WWE for the opportunity to host WrestleMania 31 in 2015 or WrestleMania 32 in 2016. Detroit, Michigan is another city that received a request for a bid from WWE. The event would take place at Ford Field, which is the same place WrestleMania 23 was hosted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.