The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

I can't decide what no ending is worse, this one or the John Cena-Ryback bullcrap. I think it goes to the latter, at least tonights match wasn't a last man standing no dq, so you can at least assume there was a double dq or something. The fact that Cena was never counted was complete BS, despite Cena constantly using the set to take out his opponent, F-this company!

CornetteFace_display_image.jpg?1327541665

Some thoughts:

Odd how when they have Cena coming back they have him going for the World Title...I guess they want to elevate that title up again, or they're pushing him back too soon and are concerned he can't go full time yet.

Something tells me that if the WWE Title situation isn't resolved by the next PPV, a good old fashioned tournament will be coming up at Survivor Series this year for the belt. I can only recall 2 full tournaments for the WWE Title (see Wrestlemania 4 & Survivor Series 98) and I enjoyed watching both. Both times the heavy favorite didn't win (Hogan at WM 4 was knocked out in his first match, Austin at SS 98 was defeated in the Semi-Finals). It's also a fun way to give mid-card guys a "shot" at the title when they really wouldn't get any other chance at a title match. If they do this though, I'd expect Orton or Bryan to make the finals, but not against each other.

Loving the Rhodes family segments right now, really hoping they eventually build this to have a Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust match that is years overdue. I think it would be a great way for Dustin to cap off his career to have a meaningful fued with his younger brother and I'd expect it to bring the best out of both of them. Dad would probably love it!

Am I wrong for hoping Bob Backlund is the special referee?

I'm still optimistic.

Looking at the events held at "bigger" arenas, they have tickets on sale for the entire arena. Can't imagine why the WWE would book the Pacific Coliseum and not the Agrodome if they plan only use the lower bowl. There doesn't appear to be an event happening at the Agrodome either.

Maybe by going through Ticket Leader and not Ticketmaster they can get a better deal on service charges. Either that, or they are jacking up ticket prices to compensate.

I Keep checking the Ticket Leader site, and there is nothing about the event that I can see that's worth while information.

I did get an email from Jack FM this morning, with this in it:

Ticket prices start at $20 and go on sale at 10 am on Saturday, October 12th

Presale tickets go on sale at 10 am on Wednesday, October 9th until 10 pm on Friday, October 11th.

PRESALE CODE:

PURCHASE TICKETS

Edited by Grapefruits

so anyone know yet how many seats wwe is taking up? is it only like 5000 seats and the rest is tarped up? i figure i have time to get a ticket later. don't see the show selling out very fast, or at all

It's really hard to say since I can't find a seating chart.

Here is one from Columbia, SC, I could see it being close to the same here:

wwe13_maps.jpg

Basically the top all tarped off and one of the ends. Of course here, there would be more floor seating.

Edited by Grapefruits

Wow, the last time I went to a house show it was at the Agrodome, all they had was a curtain.

Mind you, last time I went to a house show Diesel was WWF champion and defended the title against Yokozuna and the main event was Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall against The British Bulldog. No Bret Hart, no Shawn Michaels, no Owen Hart.

Haven't been to a WWE event since Raw was last here in 03/04.

As per my post about the idea of a WWE Championship tournament, here's Wrestlemania 4 and Survivor Series 98 if you haven't seen them already:

Wrestlemania 4 also starts with a battle royale that features Bret Hart turning face after the match. Besides the tournament and opening battle royale, it also features The Ultimate Warrior vs. Hercules, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake vs. The Honky Tonk Man for the IC Title, The Islanders and Bobby Heenan vs. The British Bulldogs and Koko B. Ware & Demolition vs. Strike Force for the Tag Belts. Wrestlemania 4 is also the longest Wrestlemania to date, running at about 3 and a half hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv-ey-AUMM4

Survivor Series 98 runs at a normal time for a PPV, so there are only 2 non tournmanet matches on the card. The first is Sable vs. Jacqueline for the Woman's Championship, the other is a Triple Threat Tag Match featuring The New Age Outlaws, The Headbangers and Mark Henry & D'Lo Brown for the Tag Titles.

Watching Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant Wrestlemaina 3.

Hulk Hogan is the undisputed greatest wrestler of all time

Most of you are probably to young to remember how big Hulk Hogan was.

Hulk Hogan headlined the first 8 Wrestlemaina

Hulk Hogan headlined Saturday Night Main event on NBC, not Spike or The Sci-Fi Network but NBC on Primetime Television.

He took wrestling where know one else ever did, not Stone Cold, not The Rock, knowbody.

The second best wrestler of all time is up for debate but not #1