The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

In the year 2008, WWE's total revenue from corporate sponsorship was $7.4 million. Since then, the company has been focused on a more PG product and promised sponsors that the days of racy TV were over.

This year, WWE's total revenue from corporate sponsorship is expected to be $20 million.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer via wrestlezone.com

Pretty insane numbers and a huge reality check for anyone that thinks the WWE PG era will be ending anytime soon.

Edited by Mikey2Dope

I think Vancouver changed the taxes or something on pro wrestling (am i way off) which is why WWE has kinda shunned us in recent years no? I remember back when business was hot and there'd be Smackdown/Thunder tapings in places like even Kelowna and Yakima/Everett. Now we get maybe 1 house show a year at best. With that being said...

I actually bought a ticket to the house show, I happen to be off and tix are cheap so I figured it'd been a long time since I've been to an event (No way out/Elimination chamber years ago in Seattle). Then decided, what the hell I'd go to Raw in Seattle as well.

I was pretty impressed with how cheap it CAN be, as they're clearly looking for the family market (which even if you hate the PG era or whatever, it's good business), but I was amazed at how pricey ringside still was. I can't recall the exact number but I just kinda thought "do i really wanna be able to bring a sign in exchange for spending $100 more and having to go up and down the stairs to get beer or piss". Cheapest tix were right next to the Tron which I wanted to avoid so I ended up paying like $55 with "convienience" fees and such, how many other people heading down for the marathon taping?

it was posted way back in this thread or maybe the old one by marleau i think that explained why we don't get shows here anymore. wwe wouldn't make much from doing a show at rogers arena, even if it sold out but their house shows always do pretty well here when they come around. don't normally sell out but it's a fairly healthy crowd

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

When I was a kid, I would have loved to go see a WWE show.

Now, I don't think I'd go see one unless it was a big PPV or something. I'd love to see Wrestlemania one year.

it was posted way back in this thread or maybe the old one by marleau i think that explained why we don't get shows here anymore. wwe wouldn't make much from doing a show at rogers arena, even if it sold out but their house shows always do pretty well here when they come around. don't normally sell out but it's a fairly healthy crowd

Here is the link to the story:

http://slam.canoe.ca...4/15686986.html

Here is another one on the issue

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2010/10/17/pf-15723431.html

I'm assuming they finally worked out a workable deal. The house show is a good start towards a Raw, Smackdown, or even a Wrestlemania in Vancouver.

A Wrestlemania at BC Place would be awesome!

Edited by Grapefruits

In the year 2008, WWE's total revenue from corporate sponsorship was $7.4 million. Since then, the company has been focused on a more PG product and promised sponsors that the days of racy TV were over.

This year, WWE's total revenue from corporate sponsorship is expected to be $20 million.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer via wrestlezone.com

Pretty insane numbers and a huge reality check for anyone that thinks the WWE PG era will be ending anytime soon.

I don't think anyone thinks it will end soon, it just means the product won't likely improve & become great for awhile.

didn't watch it with my friends this year but was told it was a good ppv with a great main event and angle putting on a 5* match

hay hitman, you listen to MLW radio right? you gonna give their subscription deal a look? i'm thinkin about it since it's like 7 bucks for the year or something, at least from what court said when they floated the idea around

didn't watch it with my friends this year but was told it was a good ppv with a great main event and angle putting on a 5* match

hay hitman, you listen to MLW radio right? you gonna give their subscription deal a look? i'm thinkin about it since it's like 7 bucks for the year or something, at least from what court said when they floated the idea around

Yeah the Angle/Roode match and AJ/Bully match were spectacular.

I'm tired of MLW tbh, they never do mailbag anymore and they just bitch and complain most of the time now. It's just hard to listen to at this point. What's included in the subscription?