The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

So, this is the 4th straight year that the fans have been pissed at the rumble winner.

2011: Del Rio won, when it should have been Punk's year to win.

2012: Sheamus won, when it should have been Jericho.

2013: Cena won, when it should have been anybody other than him.

2014: Batista won, when it should have been Bryan or Regins.

Should we just skip 2015, then?

The Royal Rumble is being too predictable, it was obvious from the start that Batista would win so he could feud with Orton. Reigns should have won the RR, he was by far the most dominate performer in the match.

However, the focus of the entire night was stolen by the Wyatt family. To be honest they haven't impressed me much, until last night. Bray Wyatt's match against Daniel Bryan was one of the best I've seen in a while. Then the attack on Cena was done very well, although that sets up the predictable Cena/Bryan vs The Wyatts feud.

If the WWE doesn't call an audible here and stubbornly continues with Orton/Batista for the main event of one of their biggest Wrestlemania's ever, that might be the most epic negative crowd reaction they have ever seen. It will make the Lesnar/Goldberg crowd fiasco look tame.

Its so sad the WWE is purposely holding down Bryan.

I mean why would the WWE have this guy who is most naturally over guy since Stone Cold, and HOLD HIM DOWN ON PURPOSE.

It is so stupid, and it makes absolutely no sense. The WWE paid for it tonight, what a well deserved embarrassment to that company.

Why is the WWE holding down Bryan, you ask?

Because he's not a main eventer, sorry to break your bubble. Yes, he's the most over guy in the business right now (so was Eugene), but can you honestly say he can main event Wrestlemania, when he can barely draw at Summerslam. I'm not taking anything away from Bryan talents in the ring, but I'm not those internet guys, who think he can carry the company or can be a top guy. I see him as a top midcard guy, much like Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Edge, Foley, Angel, etc.

Because he's not a main eventer, sorry to break your bubble. Yes, he's the most over guy in the business right now (so was Eugene), but can you honestly say he can main event Wrestlemania, when he can barely draw at Summerslam. I'm not taking anything away from Bryan talents in the ring, but I'm not those internet guys, who think he can carry the company or can be a top guy. I see him as a top midcard guy, much like Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Edge, Foley, Angel, etc.

Depends what you classify as a main eventer.

is he a big jacked up guy taking supplements? No.

is he arguably the most over guy (naturally) since Stone Cold? Yes.

A main eventer is all about booking, its if they make him a maineventer, and he could be a main eventer

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Depends what you classify as a main eventer.

is he a big jacked up guy taking supplements? No.

is he arguably the most over guy (naturally) since Stone Cold? Yes.

A main eventer is all about booking, its if they make him a maineventer, and he could be a main eventer

I classify a main eventer as a guy who can draw money. He doesn't have the so called it factor.

Heads up - some of those guys you listed main-evented WM. Most (if not all) have HOF-worthy careers due to championships won (save Benoit b/c of 2007)

Heads up - some of those guys you listed main-evented WM. Most (if not all) have HOF-worthy careers due to championships won (save Benoit b/c of 2007)

They main evented the show (went on last) but it wasn't the main attraction on the card (the big draw). I think Jericho said it best in a tweet, he was never "the guy", but he was always there doing programs with them.