The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Your stupidity speaks volumes for your character as a human and "Bryan doesn't have the look" is not helping your case of you acting like a wrestling fan but instead it makes you sound like a wrestling hipster who needs pie but back to the "look" comment... your dumb even Eddie and Benoit said looks are not everything skill and charisma is

Chill

Bryan is an internet darling, as Michael Cole like to say, while Cena is well known worldwide.

If you ask anybody who John Cena is, I guarantee you they will have a feeling of who he is. Ask the same question but replace Cena's name with Bryan and they'll have no idea.

That's why Cena is compared to the likes of Austin, Hogan, and The Rock.

Edited by shiznak

Seriously?

First off, Bryan has never been at the top, he's never been given an opportunity. He hasn't been given a chance, he hasn't. He yet to be the top guy in the company so how can you even say that? The fact people continue to tune in FOR HIM (not cena) tells you they haven't even scratched the surface on what he could be popularity wise.

Cena isn't close to those guys. Your the one fooling yourself if you think he has.

Hulk Hogan was a household name, and was as popular as the biggest sports stars and made wrestling huge, Stone Cold & The Rock were on top when wrestling was at its peak, when 10 million people were watching Wrestling on Mondays.

Now you look at Cena, and the company's viewship is the worst its been since the in your house era. And look at the product.

Its sad they purposely hold down Bryan, when he could be a way bigger asset than Cena, but they are doing on purpose cause for whatever reason (You've said you have worked with business owners, maybe you can explain why) They don't want to give anyone else a chance.

Bryan has been WWE champion, that is being at the top, not saying he got the fair shake in it but he was there and the buy rates weren't impressive. Now I'm not saying they would never improve but as a business owner why would you risk it when like it or not Cena has been the top draw. And please stop saying Cena isn't close to the Rock, or Austin, Cena is the closest thing the WWE has had to Austin or the Rock since the Attitude era like it or not. FACT. Just because you deny it or plug your ears and stamp your feet while someone quotes you the actual facts of the money Cena brings in doesn't mean those numbers aren't true. I personally prefer Austin and the Rock and they are better, I will not debate that with you but I'm also not the naïve one here denying everything he's done since they left.

Edited by canuck73_3

i used to hate cena as much as the next guy, but the guy has earned my respect. not so much the character, but cena can work. he's paid his dues, will always be over regardless, and draws crowds and sells merch. he's had some amazing matches over the years, and you can whine and complain all you want of them booking him as some kind of superman, it is what it is.

i don't buy in to cena turning millions of viewers away from the product. it has nothing to do with cena, but pro wrestling just isn't "cool" anymore, even with cm punk on top, people just dont care about pro wrestling as they used to, and with punk on top, it's not as if millions of fans came back, and even with bryan's main event push, burial, whatever you want to call it, the ratings have remained somewhat the same. i guess those who've "tuned" away from wwe are the hardcore smarks who blame cena for everything, and even though wwe's been a lot better lately, won't ever get over that cena's still a top guy and will be until he retires

Bryan has been WWE champion, that is being at the top, not saying he got the fair shake in it but he was there and the buy rates weren't impressive. Now I'm not saying they would never improve but as a business owner why would you risk it when like it or not Cena has been the top draw. And please stop saying Cena isn't close to the Rock, or Austin, Cena is the closest thing the WWE has had to Austin or the Rock since the Attitude era like it or not. FACT. Just because you deny it or plug your ears and stamp your feet while someone quotes you the actual facts of the money Cena brings in doesn't mean those numbers aren't true. I personally prefer Austin and the Rock and they are better, I will not debate that with you but I'm also not the naïve one here denying everything he's done since they left.

He was world heavyweight champion just before his popularity skyrocketed. Also, he wasn't the main focus then, CM Punk was.

Also, I find it odd when you guys use buy rates as your argument without understanding the entire picture. You should be asking if Bryan being champion LOWERED the buy rates. Don't look at low buy rates then say it is proof that Bryan isn't marketable, especially when Bryan still hasn't had a legitimate run at the top. It's not proof. Also, look at buy rates in general. It seems to be lower than usual. I'd say that is more proof of a stale product rather than Daniel Bryan.

The Wolves looking good in TNA so far.

Yeah they are one of my favorite parts of the show, I thought last nights show was good, thats 2 weeks in a row now with good shows after like a month of crappy shows.

I like that Samoa Joe is getting a push, him& Magnus are going to put on a great show at lockdown, those 2 have great chemistry & it should be a great match.

I'm not plugging my ears to anything, you haven't really brought up any facts to support Cena.

He sells merch sure, but he's there leader in merch sales cause he has 6 times the merch other's do. and he gets new merch every week. Then you look at some of the merch the others have, look at Bryan's merch, no one is going to wear it, they give him a good shirt & he will out sell Cena I guarentee it. Punk in the midcard WWE title run he had surpassed Cena for a bit there, it can be done if WWE allows it.

Cena isn't much of a draw, I mean yeah he has his portion of kids, but that doesn't make up much of the demographic that follows the product at all, They may buy the shows for him, but men usually only get really interested when you get a returning star like a Rock or a Lesnar.

And honestly I can't remember the last time a Cena match was the big draw at a PPV, you can say he's the top draw all you want but can you really prove that anymore?

People didn't buy the Royal Rumble for him.

TLC which he headlined with Orton was expected to draw the lowest PPV buyrate of the year (I can't find the numbers, if anyone can that would be great)

He was in the mainevent of Summerslam but Bryan sold that PPV not Cena.

He was in the mainevent of Payback & that PPV didn't draw well, under 200,000.

The Rock sold WM, not Cena.

You probably have to go back quite awhile, atleast a year, its easy to sit & say Cena is a big draw or whatever, but do you have any proof? No not really.

And I would argue Bryan is the closet thing to Rock/Stone Cold. Just because someone is forced into a top spot doesn't make them the next great one, and unlike Cena Bryan is naturally over with the fans, Cena isn't, its forced, and those other guys were naturally over. Would Bryan bring back 5-7 million viewers a week like Rock & Austin? No. But I think viewship would start trending upward with something fresh, and with Cena's its only gone down over his time.

The only problem with Daniel Bryan is how WWE is using him, like Jim Ross said having a guy who's organically over like this is a promoter's dream, and it happens once or twice an era, and here WWE has this guy and they are purposely burying him.

Edit: And I'm not a big Daniel Bryan fan by anymeans, I just respect & enjoy his in-ring work. But I can see clear as day its his time & time for Cena to step aside.

i used to hate cena as much as the next guy, but the guy has earned my respect. not so much the character, but cena can work. he's paid his dues, will always be over regardless, and draws crowds and sells merch. he's had some amazing matches over the years, and you can whine and complain all you want of them booking him as some kind of superman, it is what it is.

i don't buy in to cena turning millions of viewers away from the product. it has nothing to do with cena, but pro wrestling just isn't "cool" anymore, even with cm punk on top, people just dont care about pro wrestling as they used to, and with punk on top, it's not as if millions of fans came back, and even with bryan's main event push, burial, whatever you want to call it, the ratings have remained somewhat the same. i guess those who've "tuned" away from wwe are the hardcore smarks who blame cena for everything, and even though wwe's been a lot better lately, won't ever get over that cena's still a top guy and will be until he retires

I'm not saying its all Cena, there's alot of other things wrong with the current WWE, but he has been the guy steering the ship during this time, and I'm sure if the product would have become fresh at some point rather than 10 years of cena that some people would have stayed.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Yeah they are one of my favorite parts of the show, I thought last nights show was good, thats 2 weeks in a row now with good shows after like a month of crappy shows.

I like that Samoa Joe is getting a push, him& Magnus are going to put on a great show at lockdown, those 2 have great chemistry & it should be a great match.

I'm not plugging my ears to anything, you haven't really brought up any facts to support Cena.

He sells merch sure, but he's there leader in merch sales cause he has 6 times the merch other's do. and he gets new merch every week. Then you look at some of the merch the others have, look at Bryan's merch, no one is going to wear it, they give him a good shirt & he will out sell Cena I guarentee it. Punk in the midcard WWE title run he had surpassed Cena for a bit there, it can be done if WWE allows it.

Cena isn't much of a draw, I mean yeah he has his portion of kids, but that doesn't make up much of the demographic that follows the product at all, They may buy the shows for him, but men usually only get really interested when you get a returning star like a Rock or a Lesnar.

And honestly I can't remember the last time a Cena match was the big draw at a PPV, you can say he's the top draw all you want but can you really prove that anymore?

People didn't buy the Royal Rumble for him.

TLC which he headlined with Orton was expected to draw the lowest PPV buyrate of the year (I can't find the numbers, if anyone can that would be great)

He was in the mainevent of Summerslam but Bryan sold that PPV not Cena.

He was in the mainevent of Payback & that PPV didn't draw well, under 200,000.

The Rock sold WM, not Cena.

You probably have to go back quite awhile, atleast a year, its easy to sit & say Cena is a big draw or whatever, but do you have any proof? No not really.

And I would argue Bryan is the closet thing to Rock/Stone Cold. Just because someone is forced into a top spot doesn't make them the next great one, and unlike Cena Bryan is naturally over with the fans, Cena isn't, its forced, and those other guys were naturally over. Would Bryan bring back 5-7 million viewers a week like Rock & Austin? No. But I think viewship would start trending upward with something fresh, and with Cena's its only gone down over his time.

The only problem with Daniel Bryan is how WWE is using him, like Jim Ross said having a guy who's organically over like this is a promoter's dream, and it happens once or twice an era, and here WWE has this guy and they are purposely burying him.

Edit: And I'm not a big Daniel Bryan fan by anymeans, I just respect & enjoy his in-ring work. But I can see clear as day its his time & time for Cena to step aside.

I'm not saying its all Cena, there's alot of other things wrong with the current WWE, but he has been the guy steering the ship during this time, and I'm sure if the product would have become fresh at some point rather than 10 years of cena that some people would have stayed.

Every argument you make for Cena not being "the guy" as you say is one you could bend the words and use for Daniel Bryan. Also you ask for proof that Cena is the guy drawing buy rates, fair enough. Then you trun around and say people bought Summerslam for Daniel Bryan without any proof whatsoever. As for the merchandise, Cena has 6 times more than anyone because his merchandise sells more than anyone. Look at the event in Vancouver Cena wasn't even in our country yet his shirts wristbands and autographed photos made up the majority of the sales. So of course they're gonna keep pumping out shirts, fans keep buying them. Then it comes to butts in the seats and I can guarantee you for every fan there to see Daniel Bryan there's 2 or 3 more to see John Cena because of the 8-12 year old fan base he has the parents are buying tickets as well, maybe both parents or a brother or sister tagging alone. If you were Vince McMahon why would you piss on that fan base? Cena to this day is a license to print money whether you except it or not keep arguing that he shouldn't be there it's not going to change until he stops making them money. And if I have to put up with Cena being a contender to ensure that I can still See Daniel Bryan on a weekly basis so be it. It makes sense financially what the WWE is doing because he is still a top draw. I'll wait for your next denial.

Every argument you make for Cena not being "the guy" as you say is one you could bend the words and use for Daniel Bryan. Also you ask for proof that Cena is the guy drawing buy rates, fair enough. Then you trun around and say people bought Summerslam for Daniel Bryan without any proof whatsoever. As for the merchandise, Cena has 6 times more than anyone because his merchandise sells more than anyone. Look at the event in Vancouver Cena wasn't even in our country yet his shirts wristbands and autographed photos made up the majority of the sales. So of course they're gonna keep pumping out shirts, fans keep buying them. Then it comes to butts in the seats and I can guarantee you for every fan there to see Daniel Bryan there's 2 or 3 more to see John Cena because of the 8-12 year old fan base he has the parents are buying tickets as well, maybe both parents or a brother or sister tagging alone. If you were Vince McMahon why would you piss on that fan base? Cena to this day is a license to print money whether you except it or not keep arguing that he shouldn't be there it's not going to change until he stops making them money. And if I have to put up with Cena being a contender to ensure that I can still See Daniel Bryan on a weekly basis so be it. It makes sense financially what the WWE is doing because he is still a top draw. I'll wait for your next denial.

Your overrating Cena without any proof, can you prove anything your saying? Just cause I take a different stance & don't accept the WWE spin makes me in denial? What?

Bryan/Cena mainevent had an up in buyrates from 2 years ago when Cena was in the mainevent with Punk, (Lesnar mainevented with HHH in the middle) so yeah I would say everyone wanted to see Bryan win.

The merchandise excuse is the stupidest thing. Look at Bryan's merchandise:

http://shop.wwe.com/...default,sc.html

Then look at Cena:

Bryan has 36 pieces of Merch, Cena has 92, and look at the merch they have on sale for Bryan its hideous, no one is going to want those shirts, they are stupid, if WWE gave him the same amount of Merch they gave Cena, and they gave Bryan half decent shirts not the crap they have on sale, I guarentee they would atleast rival if not surpass Cena's sales.

Again man your missing it, its not that Bryan can't be the guy, its that WWE is too busy forcing Cena on everyone that they won't give Bryan the chance, and judging by the merch they have for him they won't even give him the chance to make any money at all.

Edit: And I will ask this question 1 more time, if Cena is so over & such a draw, why can't he just step aside into an upper mid-card feud for a little bit, and give Bryan the opportunity to have a run with the title? Because if you have Cena as a solid cash cow that makes money no matter what, why can't you have him slide over so you can build up someone else to make money? Wouldn't that make sense from a business point of view?

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Your overrating Cena without any proof, can you prove anything your saying? Just cause I take a different stance & don't accept the WWE spin makes me in denial? What?

Bryan/Cena mainevent had an up in buyrates from 2 years ago when Cena was in the mainevent with Punk, (Lesnar mainevented with HHH in the middle) so yeah I would say everyone wanted to see Bryan win.

The merchandise excuse is the stupidest thing. Look at Bryan's merchandise:

Then look at Cena:

Bryan has 36 pieces of Merch, Cena has 92, and look at the merch they have on sale for Bryan its hideous, no one is going to want those shirts, they are stupid, if WWE gave him the same amount of Merch they gave Cena, and they gave Bryan half decent shirts not the crap they have on sale, I guarentee they would atleast rival if not surpass Cena's sales.

Again man your missing it, its not that Bryan can't be the guy, its that WWE is too busy forcing Cena on everyone that they won't give Bryan the chance, and judging by the merch they have for him they won't even give him the chance to make any money at all.

Edit: And I will ask this question 1 more time, if Cena is so over & such a draw, why can't he just step aside into an upper mid-card feud for a little bit, and give Bryan the opportunity to have a run with the title? Because if you have Cena as a solid cash cow that makes money no matter what, why can't you have him slide over so you can build up someone else to make money? Wouldn't that make sense from a business point of view?

Nobody is forcing fans to buy Cena's merchandise and that is where you are wrong. Again they wouldn't have all that merchandise for Cena if it didn't sell why don't you get that?

Nobody is forcing fans to buy Cena's merchandise and that is where you are wrong. Again they wouldn't have all that merchandise for Cena if it didn't sell why don't you get that?

I'm not denying Cena's merch sales. What I'm saying is.

If Bryan was given the opportunities Cena was in regards to Merch sales, he would sell just as much if not more.

And you didn't answer my question, if Cena is naturally this cash cow, why can't he slide into the upper mid-card so Bryan can have a run, and they can build up another cash cow, wouldn't that make sense for business to have 2 big money making stars than just 1?

I'm not denying Cena's merch sales. What I'm saying is.

If Bryan was given the opportunities Cena was in regards to Merch sales, he would sell just as much if not more.

And you didn't answer my question, if Cena is naturally this cash cow, why can't he slide into the upper mid-card so Bryan can have a run, and they can build up another cash cow, wouldn't that make sense for business to have 2 big money making stars than just 1?

That would make sense if one of them was a heel or tweener at least unfortunately Cena is not turning heel anytime soon and Bryan is too hot right now to turn heel especially after the Wyatt storyline. What I am hoping for is Bryan vs. HHH feud that somehow leads to Bryan getting a title shot after Wrestlemania. Cena/Orton/Batista get another Wrestlemania moment Bryan gets a shot to freshen things up in the stale post Wrestlemania, it would be a breath of fresh air for all involved. Edited by canuck73_3

I like that the WWE creative team had to hold their emergency meeting thing for two days. To the person who said they needed to throw an audible, they're looking for a serious change to their plans. Which is good. Sometimes booing loudly and being rowdy does bring change for the better. Assuming of course the WWE is changing things for the better, and not actually getting worse, which is more than just possible with this horrible creative team.

I like that the WWE creative team had to hold their emergency meeting thing for two days. To the person who said they needed to throw an audible, they're looking for a serious change to their plans. Which is good. Sometimes booing loudly and being rowdy does bring change for the better. Assuming of course the WWE is changing things for the better, and not actually getting worse, which is more than just possible with this horrible creative team.

Heard about that, I doubt anything changes.