Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

• Please log in to reply
9857 replies to this topic

#1231 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaOJCsgKawo

This is probably one of my favorite ones.

Even though I find The Miz insanely annoying now, I liked him then and really enjoyed this.

Loved the fan with the "Vancouver for Wrestlemania 31" sign

I think he was there last year too.
Posted Image

#1232 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

#1233 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

I killed myself laughing when I saw this:

Posted Image

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#1234 Voice of the Voiceless

Voice of the Voiceless

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

s1uv14.jpgCredit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1235 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

I think he was there last year too.

I was wondering if that was the same guy. Either way, WWE should give Vancouver some consideration.

qrak1x.jpg

#1236 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,964 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Gotta love Jericho and Punk

Edited by Apples, 14 April 2013 - 10:41 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1237 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 10,009 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

that non match surpassed everything at wrestlemania

11azxw1.jpg

Praise Smooze.

#1238 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Brock Lesnar appears in Taylor Swift Video

#1239 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

I was wondering if that was the same guy. Either way, WWE should give Vancouver some consideration.

I don't think the city wants WWE here. I'm thinking of heading down to Calgary for the Raw show there next month.
Posted Image

#1240 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

WWE in talks with Turner on how they can release WCW theme songs.

Jimmy Hart noted on Twitter that WWE officials are negotiating with Turner on ways they can release WCW theme songs.

Cena wasn't 100% for WM

John Cena mentioned during an interview with Hollywoodlife.com that he went into WrestleMania after a case of bad food poisoning that he received last week, as well as a broken thumb.

#1241 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Lesnar got injured and speculation he suffered concussion.

Brock Lesnar was knocked out cold after a knee from Triple H about five minutes into their WrestleMania 29 match. There is speculation that Lesnar suffered a concussion and kept going.

#1242 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Randy Orton upset at Raw

Randy Orton threw what was described as a temper tantrum backstage at WWE RAW regarding the crowd reactions from his bout with Sheamus on this weekΓs show. You could also clearly see by his facial expressions during the match that he wasn't happy. He's also not happy about Ryback and Dolph Ziggler getting roles as prominent heels and is still pushing for a heel turn. The original plans called for him to turn on either The Big Show or Sheamus at WrestleMania 29 but that obviously didn't happen. It was a bad night for Orton as he also forgot his lines during a promo wih Sheamus as we reported earlier.

Edited by J529, 10 April 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#1243 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Update on WWE's Scooby Doo Movie

It was noted at today's WWE Business Partner Summit that the WWE-themed Scooby Doo cartoon movie that comes out in 2014 will be centered around WrestleMania 30, Triple H and John Cena.

#1244 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Billy Corgan to product TNA Entrance Themes?

Would be upgrade over the generic entrance themes.

In a recent podcast, Smashing Pumpkins singer, Billy Corgan admitted to having discussions with TNA about producing some TNA Themes.

#1245 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Audition for Major Push for Fandango

While WWE attributes his newfound popularity to the unusually rowdy crowd on Monday Night RAW, word going around is that management wants to test out Fandango with the main event wrestlers to see if the audience will accept him there. They already had him against Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 29. More testing could take place in the following weeks.

#1246 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Randy Orton upset at Raw

The reasoning behind this is just bull some dirtsheet writer conjured up cause it makes some sense. If Orton looked pissed, it was cause the crowd was not paying attention to the match.
Posted Image

#1247 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Lesnar got injured and speculation he suffered concussion.

Wouldn't be the first time Lesnar suffered a concussion and kept going. Guaranteed nothing happens to HHH for screwing up a move, but we all know if it was the other way around heads would roll.

Scott Hall news:

- Scott Hall provided an update on his recovery from surgery earlier this morning, via Twitter:

"Good morning Twitter World Order. I’m coming to you from Kennestone Hospital/ Atlanta. Recovering ahead of schedule.Hospital egg whites"

"Dr.Kim my surgeon just checked me out, I walked up and down the hallway with a walker. May cut me loose this eve"

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 10 April 2013 - 05:51 PM.

qrak1x.jpg

#1248 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,964 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Brock Lesnar appears in Taylor Swift Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4vzPw4yvI0

lmao, cant stop laughing

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1249 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Randy Orton needs to be in TNA. He's too good of a wrestler to be misused the way he has been lately.

Posted Image

#1250 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Triple H I Suffered 2nd Degree Burns ... at WrestleMania XXIX

Posted Image

Triple H's body is scarred up with 2nd degree burns he suffered at WrestleMania last weekend ... but he wasn't scorched by fire ... the culprit was dry ice.

HHH suffered nasty burns to his torso and arm after he walked through a special effects machine that was blasting dry ice to create a smoky effect as the wrestler made his grand entrance.

The dry ice stuck to H3's body and burned him up ... but during the event, Triple H ignored the pain and shrugged it off like it was no big deal.

Fans, who clearly didn't understand the seriousness of the situation, began to mock the wrestler online ... so Triple H took to Twitter to show what really happened.

May we recommend some Neosporin?

Posted Image

qrak1x.jpg

#1251 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

IMPACT Wrestling TV in Las Vegas at the Orleans Arena on June 29th! YES!

Posted Image

#1252 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

Randy Orton needs to be in TNA. He's too good of a wrestler to be misused the way he has been lately.

He's stuck in mid-card and not being used as a top guy because he has 2 Wellness Policy violations, and has to earn Vince's trust back. There was a rumor at one point that they actually were considering releasing him as he had a meeting with Vince and HHH. It was just to scare him. They aren't releasing him, because the second they do, he ends up in TNA. Storyline he's involved with right now with Sheamus and Big Show, no clue where they're going with it. Original plans had Orton turning on Sheamus or Big Show during the match at WM, but those plans got changed. Doesn't seem like he'll be turning heel now that Ryback has turned heel.

#1253 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 10,009 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

Triple H I Suffered 2nd Degree Burns ... at WrestleMania XXIX

Posted Image

Triple H's body is scarred up with 2nd degree burns he suffered at WrestleMania last weekend ... but he wasn't scorched by fire ... the culprit was dry ice.

HHH suffered nasty burns to his torso and arm after he walked through a special effects machine that was blasting dry ice to create a smoky effect as the wrestler made his grand entrance.

The dry ice stuck to H3's body and burned him up ... but during the event, Triple H ignored the pain and shrugged it off like it was no big deal.

Fans, who clearly didn't understand the seriousness of the situation, began to mock the wrestler online ... so Triple H took to Twitter to show what really happened.

May we recommend some Neosporin?

Posted Image

gotta love HHH playing off that brawl with lesnar a few weeks ago, when it looked like he pissed his pants saying something like, I'll never go to the ring on a full blatter again!

He's stuck in mid-card and not being used as a top guy because he has 2 Wellness Policy violations, and has to earn Vince's trust back. There was a rumor at one point that they actually were considering releasing him as he had a meeting with Vince and HHH. It was just to scare him. They aren't releasing him, because the second they do, he ends up in TNA. Storyline he's involved with right now with Sheamus and Big Show, no clue where they're going with it. Original plans had Orton turning on Sheamus or Big Show during the match at WM, but those plans got changed. Doesn't seem like he'll be turning heel now that Ryback has turned heel.

TNA can't afford randy orton. TNA marks have to understand how business works. you can't seriously think that randy orton will be simply fired by wwe when he still has a following. TNA will never have a high quality guy like randy orton on their roster. i'm sorry, but wake up and smell the coffee. i'm all for TNA branching out and stuff but if you seriously think randy orton will go to TNA you need to give your head a shake

Edited by Olias, 11 April 2013 - 02:11 AM.

11azxw1.jpg

Praise Smooze.

#1254 Voice of the Voiceless

Voice of the Voiceless

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

s1uv14.jpgCredit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1255 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

I can't stand it, he's easily one of the best guys on WWE's roster and apart from RAW last week has been really solid for a long long time now. I feel like Randy's getting these violations on purpose just like Carlito did a few years ago.

TNA can't afford randy orton. TNA marks have to understand how business works. you can't seriously think that randy orton will be simply fired by wwe when he still has a following. TNA will never have a high quality guy like randy orton on their roster. i'm sorry, but wake up and smell the coffee. i'm all for TNA branching out and stuff but if you seriously think randy orton will go to TNA you need to give your head a shake

Kurt Angle had a much bigger following then Randy did when he switched over. Jeff Hardy left WWE and he had a much bigger following then Randy did too. Everyone knows TNA overpays ex-WWE talent so should Orton be gone from WWE, he'll easily get the big bucks in TNA and rightfully so, he's a top talent and deserves to be treated as such. You need to give your head a shake if you think TNA can't afford Randy Orton, TNA's owner Panda Energy is worth almost 6 or 7 times as much as WWE is and if Orton ever became available I doubt they wouldn't be able to pay him.

Edited by TheHitman, 11 April 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Posted Image

#1256 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 10,009 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

TNA's owner Panda Energy is worth almost 6 or 7 times as much as WWE is

doesn't really have anything to do with anything. with pockets that deep, you'd think all of the talent, not just a handful of ex-wwe talent, would be looked after, with guaranteed contracts on top of being paid by appearence, especially with a multimillion dollar house, such as wrestlemania, and not have to work outside for indie gigs when they're not on TV or on the road, and the knockouts wouldn't complain about how they're being treated/paid there (see daffney, and that whole fiasco with ex KO talent turning down a PPV offer) and tna wouldn't have to cut down their PPV's since no one buys them.

having an identity own majority, if not, all of the shares doesn't translate in to success. can only milk the cow for so long. tna has to make money on its own and not rely on a parent company to look after them

11azxw1.jpg

Praise Smooze.

#1257 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

doesn't really have anything to do with anything. with pockets that deep, you'd think all of the talent, not just a handful of ex-wwe talent, would be looked after, with guaranteed contracts on top of being paid by appearence, especially with a multimillion dollar house, such as wrestlemania, and not have to work outside for indie gigs when they're not on TV or on the road, and the knockouts wouldn't complain about how they're being treated/paid there (see daffney, and that whole fiasco with ex KO talent turning down a PPV offer) and tna wouldn't have to cut down their PPV's since no one buys them.

having an identity own majority, if not, all of the shares doesn't translate in to success. can only milk the cow for so long. tna has to make money on its own and not rely on a parent company to look after them

TNA can't afford randy orton.

The statement you made wasn't about success, it was about them not being able to afford Randy Orton, and unfortunately you're incorrect...they can afford him. I don't know how you would know what their ppv buys are since they're a private company and nobody outside of their finances department knows what those really are. It's well-known that TNA has made money on it's own since Angle jumped, and they've made sound decisions this year. Sure they decreased to 4 ppv's (well major anyway) but you have to remember they've now taken their show live on the road, and they've gotten good numbers on every one of their live tapings and ppv's this year other than tonight's which also did fairly well. The only reason TNA isn't on WWE's level right now is that they simply don't have the brand awareness that WWE has, and you can't expect an 11 year old company to match-up with a promotion that's been around for 50+ years.

Posted Image

#1258 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Randy will never go to TNA because Mr. Anderson is there........you know the guy who almost broke his neck.

2u5ezbq.png

#1259 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

Randy will never go to TNA because Mr. Anderson is there........you know the guy who almost broke his neck.

Never say never in wrestling.

Posted Image

#1260 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

I can confidently say TNA has by the far the better show than RAW, and its not even close.

I watched Raw and it was boring as hell, the crowd chanted "Same Old Sh**" When Cena did his thing, and that match with Henry itself was a failure.

The only time the show was good was when Ziggler cashed in and when Ryback destroyed Cena at the end. They really need to turn Cena heel for the products sake but with all the things he does and him being the face of the WWE with Kids, and charity, exc. It won't happen.

Its unfortunate cause there product is going downhill, then you flip over to TNA and see a PPV quality TV Show. Tonights Impact was outstanding.

Billy Corgan to product TNA Entrance Themes?

Would be upgrade over the generic entrance themes.

That would be sick.

I do like Styles, Angles and Hardy's tunes though. There are some others but they really need to come up with good, distinct themes like WWE has.

Yeah I agree, I don't think he would come over, but he needs to be used better, they are stupid for using him the way they are. He's the 2nd best wrestler in the company IMO behind Punk. He needs to be in the mainevent scene.

Wow that would have been insanely stupid. The talent in WWE is already as bad as it has ever been. The depth chart is already thin then you let a marquee talent go and he heads out to a company chalk full of talent. I don't think WWE would either, they gotta start using him though, he can make a much bigger impact than he is already making. And with the stale characters and thin talent pool they need him more than ever right now. But Vince is set in his ways and will always put his agenda first unfortunately.

....?

They have plenty of high quality talent on there Roster. Angle, Hardy, Styles. They have better Talent overall than the WWE.

I don't think Orton would go either, he would probably prefer to stay in WWE, although if Orton gets banned again and WWE decides not to bend the system and actually releases him I wonder if he would go or not. If he wants to wrestle you would think so. In which case he would be an outstanding addition.

Those are really the only circumstances I could see it happening under, otherwise WWE needs to keep him. And he wants to stay there.

You have to let a company grow on its own.

Thats what business people want to see, they want to see a company grow on its own and once it does that then they pour money into it.

TNA just doesn't have the fanbase to do an event in a size arena Wrestlemania does. Unfortunately thats the way it is. So many fickle WWE lifers don't give TNA a chance despite it being a much better program than WWE. TNA is growing though and the product itself is very good and they are making some good decisions and doing alot of good things.

TNA has only been around 11 years, you can't really compare the two as an enterprise right now.

Yeah that was a huge mistake by WWE to let Anderson go.

Apparently Orton and Anderson were friends before too, WWE should have just settled Orton down. They could use a talent like Anderson now, it really sucks for them that they let him go he is alot better than some of the guys they have as top guys.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 12 April 2013 - 01:59 AM.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.