Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

• Please log in to reply
8369 replies to this topic

#1501 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Update On Christy Hemme/Austin Aries Incident On Impact - Was It Pre-Planned?
By Daniel Pena
May 13, 2013 - 10:32:42 PM

Last Thursday on Impact Wrestling, TNA ring announcer Christy Hemme mistakenly introduced Austin Aries and tag team partner Bobby Roode as their opponents for the evening, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian. This led Aries to corner the inaugural winner of WWE's Diva Search in the ring as he intimidated her into correctly introducing him before climbing onto a second-level turnbuckle and shoving his groin near her face. According to a source within the organization, the scene was not pre-planned.

In response to whether the former WWE Diva was legitimately bothered by Aries' actions on Impact, the source responded, "Of course, she was. How would you react? It's one thing if that was set up as a work earlier in the day, and even then our girls would have to reassure our agents over and over again that they would be okay with that spot before it got approved for television."

The source adds that he believes she was "technically sexually harassed."

Following the show, Hemme voiced her displeasure with Aries' actions via Twitter, deeming it "unacceptable." Late Saturday night, Aries appeared to address the incident though the social networking outlet, writing, "Pretty nuts, some of the junk people get the balls to say over the net, knowing they couldn't to your face...Eh, anyway, time to sack out."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flx9jXo2Ock

Pretty uncalled for if you ask me.

Doubt anything comes of this and it'll be very bad for TNA if it does. Aries is a top guy in the company, suspending or firing him would likely cause a decline in the internet fanbase they worked very hard to bring back after 2010. It's a small problem in the grand scheme of things, Aries knows his limits and as you can see Christy was amused by it. Aries didn't touch her and as soon as she touched him he jumped off and moved away. No big deal.

Posted Image

#1502 Bork Laser

Bork Laser

WWE Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Posted Image

:lol: And more http://www.wrestlecr...ight-raw-51313/
Posted Image

Credit to Twilight Sparkle

#1503 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,302 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Doubt anything comes of this and it'll be very bad for TNA if it does. Aries is a top guy in the company, suspending or firing him would likely cause a decline in the internet fanbase they worked very hard to bring back after 2010. It's a small problem in the grand scheme of things, Aries knows his limits and as you can see Christy was amused by it. Aries didn't touch her and as soon as she touched him he jumped off and moved away. No big deal.

Doing nothing could also be very bad for TNA. Not sure how Spike will feel about it, guess it also depends on how many viewer complaints the receive as well going forward.

#1504 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,608 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Doing nothing could also be very bad for TNA. Not sure how Spike will feel about it, guess it also depends on how many viewer complaints the receive as well going forward.

Yeah TNA is walking a fine line with this one doing nothing is a bad move but at the same time suspending Aries would also be a bad move I think a fine along with a stern warning behind the scenes and maybe a press release that incidents like this won't be tolerated might be the best way to go IMO.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#1505 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,525 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

On another note, Christy Hemme is actually a very good ring announcer (first time I've heard her ring announce).

Posted Image

#1506 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,302 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yeah TNA is walking a fine line with this one doing nothing is a bad move but at the same time suspending Aries would also be a bad move I think a fine along with a stern warning behind the scenes and maybe a press release that incidents like this won't be tolerated might be the best way to go IMO.

agreed, and it looks like that has partially happened:

TNA wrestler Austin Aries was hit with a "severe fine" by the organization this week after he went off the script during a recent live event and shoved his man bits into a female announcer's face, TMZ has learned.

The unscripted crotch-thrusting went down earlier this month on "Impact Wresting" ... when Aries became upset at announcer Christy Hemme for calling him the wrong name during his ring intro.

Hemme was clearly upset during the junk attack ... and afterward, she even tweeted about the incident ... calling it "unacceptable."

But sources tell us ... Aries -- real name Daniel Solwold, Jr. -- reached out to Hemme and privately apologized, acknowledging he crossed the line.

TNA also came down hard on Aries and slapped the wrestler with a fine -- it's unclear how much cash Aries will have to fork over.

As for Hemme, we're told she has spoken with TNA officials and told them she was "satisfied" with Aries' apology.

#1507 Jp_2233

Jp_2233

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Edited by Jp_2233, 15 May 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Ottawa Senators GM Omega League

#1508 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

agreed, and it looks like that has partially happened:

TNA wrestler Austin Aries was hit with a "severe fine" by the organization this week after he went off the script during a recent live event and shoved his man bits into a female announcer's face, TMZ has learned.

The unscripted crotch-thrusting went down earlier this month on "Impact Wresting" ... when Aries became upset at announcer Christy Hemme for calling him the wrong name during his ring intro.

Hemme was clearly upset during the junk attack ... and afterward, she even tweeted about the incident ... calling it "unacceptable."

But sources tell us ... Aries -- real name Daniel Solwold, Jr. -- reached out to Hemme and privately apologized, acknowledging he crossed the line.

TNA also came down hard on Aries and slapped the wrestler with a fine -- it's unclear how much cash Aries will have to fork over.

As for Hemme, we're told she has spoken with TNA officials and told them she was "satisfied" with Aries' apology.

Fine and an apology should be enough for the first time...if Aries had a long history of backstage issues with female talent it would be a different story. Regardless of the company or era, crotch thrusting female talent is unacceptable. Could you imagine the grief WWE would've dealt with if one of the Divas got the Bronco Buster from X-Pac?

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#1509 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

WWE Officials feel Cesaro is boring.

Speaking of Cesaro, we noted before that some WWE officials feel he's boring while others in the company feel he should be in the top mix of things. It's said some of those who think he's boring are some of the most important people in the company. However, there is a general feeling that Cesaro is right near the top of the best workers in the company. He is also described as having no real problems in the sense that most people in the locker room respect him, thinks he's great in the ring and has no drug or immaturity issues.

#1510 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Langston face? or would it be heel vs heel?

As of now, WWE is planning on doing a strongman vs. strongman battle with Big E Langston and Mark Henry at this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view.

#1511 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hopefully Christian gets a decent feud.

At this time, Christian is expected to return following the WWE Extreme Rules PPV.
He has been medically cleared for months now, but his TV return has been delayed due to WWE creative simply not having anything in place for him.

#1512 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Jake Roberts says he will be in next year's Royal Rumble.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts mention during a recent interview that he has made it his goal to enter next year's 2014 Royal Rumble match. Im announcing that right now, Roberts told Fox Sports. I'll be in the Royal Rumble next year, count on it." Roberts motivation is fueled by him not wanting people to remember his final wrestling matches to be independent shows when he was out-of-shape, in poor health, and battling addictions. "I worked too hard in this business to go out that way. So I guess were going to have to take a victory lap. Im definitely coming back," Roberts vowed at the end of the article. Fox Sports's story also covered Roberts's association with DDP, who helped Roberts turn his life around in the Accountability Crib. It's worth noting that Robert's last appearance as a full time employee with the WWE was at the 1997 Royal Rumble where he entered at no. 7 and was eliminated by Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Edited by J529, 16 May 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#1513 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Undertaker going into HOF next year with Paul Bearer?

We noted before that Paul Bearer is already confirmed for the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame in association with WrestleMania XXX in New Orleans. WWE's plan has always been for Bearer and The Undertaker to be inducted at the same time so it will be interesting to see if Taker gets inducted next year as well. Apparently there is some consideration.

Another name being considered for induction next year is Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

#1514 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:30 AM

I'm not in favor of a finish where neither of them loses if that's what happens.

Lesnar needs to go over.

The feeling backstage is that the Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar cage match at Extreme Rules was booked because the company can do a finish where neither man "loses." Many think that the RAW ending where Lesnar was knocked outside the cage was the set up for a similar finish at the PPV. We'll have more on this shortly.

Edited by J529, 17 May 2013 - 01:32 AM.

#1515 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Fine and an apology should be enough for the first time...if Aries had a long history of backstage issues with female talent it would be a different story. Regardless of the company or era, crotch thrusting female talent is unacceptable. Could you imagine the grief WWE would've dealt with if one of the Divas got the Bronco Buster from X-Pac?

For a 3 second incident it's an overreaction in the grand scheme of things. If Aries was fired he'd probably retire altogether.

Posted Image

#1516 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,302 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

For a 3 second incident it's an overreaction in the grand scheme of things. If Aries was fired he'd probably retire altogether.

not when you have a network to answer to. TNA would have a hard time finding another network to pick it up with the coverage that it gets now.

Without a network behind it, I don't see TNA lasting

#1517 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,102 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

So tired of HHH vs Lesnar. Can't Lesnar fight someone else besides him?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1518 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

So tired of HHH vs Lesnar. Can't Lesnar fight someone else besides him?

Lesnar / Ryder

I'd pay to see that.
Posted Image

#1519 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

not when you have a network to answer to. TNA would have a hard time finding another network to pick it up with the coverage that it gets now.

Without a network behind it, I don't see TNA lasting

It's a two-sided relationship, Spike needs TNA just as much as TNA needs Spike. TNA could find another network if needed though.

Posted Image

#1520 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Finally my suspension is over. I've quit watching WWE, just can't stand it. And as for the Aries thing, I thought it was pretty hilarious. Turned the attention away from her BOTCH and was sorta funny. Lighten up, Hemme. Probably not the first time you've had junk in your face.
Posted Image

#1521 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

wut were you banned for o:

Posted Image

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#1522 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Calling some tool a dumbass. It's a shame CDC has moved into the PG era :(
Posted Image

#1523 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

lol ya

i also gave up on WWE. until they move to 2 hours again. really, that 1 extra hour is too much

Posted Image

#1524 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

They have too much pride to cut it back to two hours.
Posted Image

#1525 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

maybe i'll tune in to impact next week and see if it can hook me in or something. gotta have something to watch during the off season

Posted Image

#1526 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Impact has been booooooooring lately. I hope Vince secretly bought out TNA and sends The Shield in out of nowhere to destroy the Aces n 8s.
Posted Image

#1527 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

i'd prolly trash my room marking out

Posted Image

#1528 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

It's just awful. There was an episode a few weeks ago where I think four matches ended via DQ cause of Aces & 8s. Then Bully comes out and says his same old crap: "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" God that line makes me shiver and want to cut my ears off now.
Posted Image

#1529 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

well **** that ima just watch RAW then since i actually have monday off

Posted Image

#1530 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

I mainly tune into RAW just for Chris Jericho.

f9mgqu.png

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.