The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

That sounded sick. Hopefully Miz is ok, too many careers have been cut short and ended with head injuries. I'm not the biggest Miz fan, but you don't wish that on anyone.

Can't wait to see how they play out CM Punk vs. Ryback. I agree with a piece I read that said Cena probably spoiled the match by saying "Ryback doesn't care about titles, he just wants to kick Punk's ass". Probably will lead to Ryback dominating the match and then having it be a no contest or him losing due to outside interference (don't know how they would pull a no contest in HIAC unless the cage/ring collapsed). Won't be surprised with the idea of Lesnar coming back via Paul Heyman to cost Ryback the match and setting up a match at Survivor Series since Ryback was called "The Next Big Thing" last night by Punk.

I really, really, really, really, really hope Big Show just destroys Sheamus. I just can't stand the guy right now. Talk about a character that works better as a heel.

If Daniel Bryan and Kane (Hell No) lose the titles to anyone not named Rhodes Scholars, I'll be very upset. Given how WWE booking is though, they'll strap the PTP after they lose another 10 matches in a row.

Ryback vs. CM Punk at Hell in a Cell. :picard:

Ryback Shell Shocks CM Punk. Hooks the leg for the pin. Brock Lesnar busts into the cage and lays out Ryback with the F5.

That's what I've been hoping for too. It'd be awesome.

Why'd Guns N' Roses beat up Ryder?

I also like how thin the main event scene is on RAW. You've got what, 3 people? Break up Hell No, they've ruined Kane's character.

Trouble in Paradise > Brogue Kick

I kind of like Kane right now. It's a different side to him, rather than continuing with the sinister character foreverrrrrrrrrrr.

I really, really, really, really, really hope Big Show just destroys Sheamus. I just can't stand the guy right now. Talk about a character that works better as a heel.

Big Show blows too.

I kind of like Kane right now. It's a different side to him, rather than continuing with the sinister character foreverrrrrrrrrrr.

So do I, he said in an interview a few days ago that he was having fun with it as well. The sinister character really doesn't work for him anymore in the PG era anyway.

This explains so much:

:lol:

Edited by zero-ONE-three

So do I, he said in an interview a few days ago that he was having fun with it as well. The sinister character really doesn't work for him anymore in the PG era anyway.

This explains so much:

:lol:

that was awesome!

"what'dya mean don't come? It's what I want to do!!!"

The crowd was really good, apparently the height of the roof didn't allow for it to come across away like that on TV. Thoroughly enjoyed the ppv except for the Aries loss. Hopefully he stays in the title picture.

How was the Angle/Styles match? (The 3 way tag team match that they were in I mean)

I've always been a big fan of both, I havent watch the show all the much recently but I was considering ordering it just to watch that match.

Styles is the only reason I still pay attention to Wrestling still.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

How was the Angle/Styles match? (The 3 way tag team match that they were in I mean)

I've always been a big fan of both, I havent watch the show all the much recently but I was considering ordering it just to watch that match.

Styles is the only reason I still pay attention to Wrestling still.

It started of slow and I feel like they didn't get enough time but once they picked up the pace the match was amazing. I'd recommend watching Roode-Storm from that show as well, awesome match. Might be up for MOTY.

The past few years WWE has been unwatchable for me -- but over the last few months -- I've been liking it. It's been pretty entertaining at least. I started watching again because I heard Mick Foley was making an appearance, then kept watching since the 1000th episode was closing in. I was watching it live when JR had the heart attack, that was a scary moment.

Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler had a pretty good match, and Team Hell No is fun to watch.

If Brock Lesnar doesn't show up on Sunday to interfere in the Ryback/Punk match I'll be shocked. They are booking Ryback as an unstoppable machine, and someone else other than CM Punk or John Cena would benefit far more by being the first person to beat him without outside interference. In fact, if they booked Ryback to beat Lesnar at Survivor Series it would be a huge bump for Ryback's stock.

Anyways, here's my thoughts for Sunday after a Raw that was pretty blah unless Daniel Bryan was involved (his match with Ziggler was a Raw match of the year candidate).

CM Punk vs. Ryback - Punk will retain, but the finish is the question mark here. I don't see Punk pinning Ryback or making him tap, but possibly a no-contest finish (which I don't know how they'll pull off in a HIAC match). Expect Cena to get involved, lots of speculation that Lesnar will be involved now that Heyman is linked to Punk as well. Regardless, it seems they are setting up for Punk vs. Cena Pt. 2583 at Survivor Series.

Big Show vs. Sheamus - I have a feeling that Ziggler is going to cash in his money in the bank after this match. I also have a feeling that it'll also be at the expense of The Big Show again as they've been bringing up the 45 second reign again quite often. I actually enjoyed him smashing the announce table and yelling at Michael Cole when he brought it up yesterday during the Lumberjack match.

Team Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars - This has to be the first tag match featuring two teams with Tag Team names since The Hart Foundation dropped the titles against the Nasty Boyz at Wrestlemania 7 (right?!?!). I can't see Team Hell No dropping the titles until they are ready to move Kane and Daniel Bryan on and I can't see them doing that now while they are the hottest thing going in the WWE in terms of crowd responce. Bryan will probably get a shot at winning the Rumble, but he'll probably continue to be "The Tag Team Champions" for a while longer.

Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz - I really could care less about Kingston still, but I can't see him dropping the title after 10 days. Then again, WWE has a history lately of just making the IC Title look like garbage save for the recent Cody Rhodes reign.

Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio - Your token reminder that Randy Orton is still around and still has nothing to do. ADR deserves better as well. Don't care who wins this match, though ADR is due for a PPV win these days.

This powerbomb just made me interested in the outcome of the match.

the last time i saw someone do a powerbomb was chris masters and he lost the match 10 seconds later. the guy immediately got up and finished him. completely discredited how powerful that move should be.

If Brock Lesnar doesn't show up on Sunday to interfere in the Ryback/Punk match I'll be shocked. They are booking Ryback as an unstoppable machine, and someone else other than CM Punk or John Cena would benefit far more by being the first person to beat him without outside interference. In fact, if they booked Ryback to beat Lesnar at Survivor Series it would be a huge bump for Ryback's stock.

Anyways, here's my thoughts for Sunday after a Raw that was pretty blah unless Daniel Bryan was involved (his match with Ziggler was a Raw match of the year candidate).

CM Punk vs. Ryback - Punk will retain, but the finish is the question mark here. I don't see Punk pinning Ryback or making him tap, but possibly a no-contest finish (which I don't know how they'll pull off in a HIAC match). Expect Cena to get involved, lots of speculation that Lesnar will be involved now that Heyman is linked to Punk as well. Regardless, it seems they are setting up for Punk vs. Cena Pt. 2583 at Survivor Series.

Big Show vs. Sheamus - I have a feeling that Ziggler is going to cash in his money in the bank after this match. I also have a feeling that it'll also be at the expense of The Big Show again as they've been bringing up the 45 second reign again quite often. I actually enjoyed him smashing the announce table and yelling at Michael Cole when he brought it up yesterday during the Lumberjack match.

Team Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars - This has to be the first tag match featuring two teams with Tag Team names since The Hart Foundation dropped the titles against the Nasty Boyz at Wrestlemania 7 (right?!?!). I can't see Team Hell No dropping the titles until they are ready to move Kane and Daniel Bryan on and I can't see them doing that now while they are the hottest thing going in the WWE in terms of crowd responce. Bryan will probably get a shot at winning the Rumble, but he'll probably continue to be "The Tag Team Champions" for a while longer.

Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz - I really could care less about Kingston still, but I can't see him dropping the title after 10 days. Then again, WWE has a history lately of just making the IC Title look like garbage save for the recent Cody Rhodes reign.

Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio - Your token reminder that Randy Orton is still around and still has nothing to do. ADR deserves better as well. Don't care who wins this match, though ADR is due for a PPV win these days.

i'm pretty sure the punk/ryback finish will be an interference, of sorts, and punk just bails. i'm still waiting for when punk and heyman to do something 'shocking' since they've just look like a couple of chumps for the past few weeks and it makes me sick. whatever the finish, cause punk's not dropping the belt, it'll be some bs thing where ryback doesn't get pinned and he still looks 'strong' and doesn't lose any momentum. not that i think he ever had any. not a fan.

i really don't care for the outcome of show/sheamus. both really boring guys. well, i like big show's attitude but once he's in a match it's lights out for me. it's going to be a quality match folks. pretty sure sheamus retains. i have a feeling ziggler cashes at survivor series

hell no/rhodes scholar's. i actually kind of want to see this match. the problem with the tag division is there isn't really enough material to really get you hooked in to it. for example-- back when i watched wwe religiously was RAW IS WAR back in early 1997. you had teams like the nation, LOD, DOA, the godwins, who ever the heck else, truth committee or something like that, and all of those teams had beef with each other. it was pretty much the nation of domination vs all of them. nowadays, the wwe;s biggest problem is just rushing things.

RAW back in the day didn't have a commercial break every 5 minutes. we were treated with an exciting TAG MATCH for 15-20 minutes, however long it went for. we will never have crowd reactions for a tag team like the LOD ever again. also just podding some guys together just doesn't really work. it's like, i think the usos are the only really legit tag team, but they aren't given any air time. kane/bryan was a good start in getting the division back up, get people interested, but they're gonna have to be the guys who really carry the division for it to be interesting again. even if that means everyone, rhodes/sandow, usos, primo/epico, whatever want a piece of them, so be it. build some rivalries between all of these guys. but we all know that makes too much sense for the 'E. watch em gut kane/bryan, they feud, do their own thing, no one cares about the tag division anymore.

so far hell no and rhodes scholars have something interesting. if this division is to go anywhere, kane/bryan retain, as much as i love cody and sandow. hell, if cody and sandow retain, even better. i just hope they DON'T gut bryan and kane already

kofi and miz... i like kofi. he's showing a more aggressive side. i like miz too. could turn out to be a pretty good match. but it's a shame that the IC title only had a hint of prestige was when cody rhodes had it. even miz could have been a good ic champ had they kept it on him longer and built kofi a little more for it. but i'm a fan, what would i know

don't really care for orton/del rio match. i only want orton to turn heel already. i want del rio to succeed. i'm torn

now... about RAW. it was poopy. idk if they're buring aj now, but i'm sad. i'm all for her dropping the gm gimmick only if she gets some ring action finally. they could do something interesting with her since she's the smallest diva, they could have the others get personal about her life, almost ending up homeless and stuff-- same thing they tried to do with jericho/punk with the whole alcohol bit. could be of some use for some anti-bullying thing, idk. she wins the belt, i mark out.

I haven't watched the last 2 weeks of Raw, because I'm just tuned out of this product now. 3 hours is just too much of a hassle to even bother fast forwarding with. Though I've heard Ryback is going for the title, and this just makes me lmao. It's probably a good thing I haven't been watching.

RAW back in the day didn't have a commercial break every 5 minutes. we were treated with an exciting TAG MATCH for 15-20 minutes, however long it went for. we will never have crowd reactions for a tag team like the LOD ever again. also just podding some guys together just doesn't really work. it's like, i think the usos are the only really legit tag team, but they aren't given any air time. kane/bryan was a good start in getting the division back up, get people interested, but they're gonna have to be the guys who really carry the division for it to be interesting again. even if that means everyone, rhodes/sandow, usos, primo/epico, whatever want a piece of them, so be it. build some rivalries between all of these guys. but we all know that makes too much sense for the 'E. watch em gut kane/bryan, they feud, do their own thing, no one cares about the tag division anymore.

Are you sure this was during the Attitude era? Because Vince Russo was the main booker, and Russo era matches that weren't on PPV generally didn't last any longer than 5 minutes.