Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

• Please log in to reply
7520 replies to this topic

#241 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

oh these early results of linda getting smacked down in the senate race put a smile on my face

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

Great now Hammer is going to choke on a cookie. Way to go Poetica. 

#242 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Looks like it's back to TV14 WWE...unless Linda's in for a third time.

#243 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

oh god please. no. she can't waste anymore money getting squashed a third time. i loved how on the nbc feed they were throwing her senate race under the bus

Edited by Olias, 06 November 2012 - 07:46 PM.

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#244 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

is wwe13 worth it?

I'm wondering of this as well.

#245 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

one of my friends bought wwe 13. he says it's better than wwe 12. attitude era is fun, create a wrestler is always good. his only complaint was the lame commentary (it's always been dull and boring through out all wwe games)

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#246 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Well Linda just flushed $100 M of WWE money down the toilet. Expect more of the same soon, Cena's the only star marketable enough to even make a portion of that back.

Posted Image

#247 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Fandangoo? What a name. Hopefully it's someone good..
Posted Image

#248 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

#LetsGetWeird

Posted Image

#249 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Jack Swagger's new gimmick? :lol:

#250 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

Made by the multiple personality of Twilight Sparkle.

#251 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

Jack Swagger's new gimmick? :lol:

i'm so glad that's not the case. jack swagger is a talented guy and they want to give him a new start. giving him a name like that kind of killed it all in the first place. putting the belt on him just ruined him. that name just never grew on me like, say, dolph ziggler has

i feel i should comment on monday's raw. no one else finds it weird that, of course, wwe changes things up again? with the whole team foley vs team punk thing. they make that up on the spot, then a week later they completely change it to a triple threat match for the title with cena, and of course, ryback with vince doing this annoying, time killing segment with vicky with changing it to a title match with cena and ryback, which had people screaming at their TV's to GET TO THE POINT. i guess that's their way of killing the aj/cena thing? i hope?

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#252 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Just watched Raw.. love how the chants sound so British lol. "Whot"

#253 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Spoiler

That is going to fail so bad. Funksaurus' tag team partner?
Posted Image

#254 Mikey2Dope

Mikey2Dope

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Tweet from CM Punk today that should probably put any questions to bed about the WWE going to TV-14.

CM Punk@CMPunk
Enough about the PG era and Linda. Nothing to do with one another. Stop living in the last. Eyes front, one foot in front of the other...

#255 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Posted Image

Found this gem on wrestlingforum.com

Edited by canuckster19, 09 November 2012 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#256 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,575 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Tweet from CM Punk today that should probably put any questions to bed about the WWE going to TV-14.

CM Punk@CMPunk
Enough about the PG era and Linda. Nothing to do with one another. Stop living in the last. Eyes front, one foot in front of the other...

I really wish people would get over the attitude era, yes there were some great moments but there was also a ton of crap over a full monday night raw, maybe 1 to 2 good matches max. Attitude era is so overrated it's not even funny.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#257 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

I really wish people would get over the attitude era, yes there were some great moments but there was also a ton of crap over a full monday night raw, maybe 1 to 2 good matches max. Attitude era is so overrated it's not even funny.

No it's not. It's dope.
Posted Image

#258 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image

Found this gem on wrestlingforum.com

You on WrestlingForum ? Anyone else?

Posted Image

#259 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,575 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

No it's not. It's dope.

Austin, Rock, Taker, Foley, DX were amazing rest of the show crap + filler. Add vince russo scripting 5 minutes for anyone not in that group of main eventers made for an overall average show. Yes the main event stuff was great everything else was crap.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#260 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hardcore title match any time, anywhere. One of the best things about the attitude era.
Posted Image

#261 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

I'll be honest...the Attitude Era had its failures in stories and people (Katie Vick, Invasion storyline, not utilizing RTC to its potential), but it beats Super Cena and Punk highlighting every PPV.

Gone are the days of the fatal 4 way between Rock, HHH, Angle, and Big Show; gone are the days of the HIAC at Armageddon 2000; gone are the days when a heel turn for the top draw (Austin in WM17) actually matters; gone are the days when stars like Foley, Hardys, and Dudleys gave it their all in weapons matches.

#262 NoShowWilly

NoShowWilly

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hardcore title match any time, anywhere. One of the best things about the attitude era.

haha, i used to love those. i remember one that took place in a Playroom....

http://www.youtube.c...RWtCsM#t=02m25s

#263 Mikey2Dope

Mikey2Dope

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Absolutely agree. People have great memories of the top stars and some solid mid-carders, but tend to forget about the rest that was absolute crap. Adding in some foul language,blood and sexual innuendo isn't going to fix the problems the current WWE is having. It's not also impossible to have compelling and interesting wrestling that is PG rated. The late 80's/very very early 90's of the WWF proved that.

#264 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Austin, Rock, Taker, Foley, DX were amazing rest of the show crap + filler. Add vince russo scripting 5 minutes for anyone not in that group of main eventers made for an overall average show. Yes the main event stuff was great everything else was crap.

You're just speaking in hindsight. At the time, you loved every minute of it. PUPPIEEESSS!
Posted Image

#265 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,575 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

You're just speaking in hindsight. At the time, you loved every minute of it. PUPPIEEESSS!

I can speak for myself thanks and no I didn't like I said the main event and guys like Goldust and Owen Hart were good outside of that I only watched the full Raw shows cause there really was nothing else on at that time slot and TSN showed Nitro on Wednesday.

If we had got Nitro on the same time as Raw I would have switch to WCW until the last half hour or so. More excitement on the lower card with Mysterio, Guerrera, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho, Raven, Kidman, Kanyon, Benoit, Utimo Dragon, Prince Iaukea etc...

Edited by canuck73_3, 11 November 2012 - 02:03 AM.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#266 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

I can speak for myself thanks and no I didn't like I said the main event and guys like Goldust and Owen Hart were good outside of that I only watched the full Raw shows cause there really was nothing else on at that time slot and TSN showed Nitro on Wednesday.

If we had got Nitro on the same time as Raw I would have switch to WCW until the last half hour or so. More excitement on the lower card with Mysterio, Guerrera, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho, Raven, Kidman, Kanyon, Benoit, Utimo Dragon, Prince Iaukea etc...

i agree. i used to watch both raw and nitro up until late 1998 or so when nitro kind of got stale to me and i was all tuning in to raw just to see what happens with austin

the lower-mid carders of wcw far excelled wwe, but the E found ways to make most of the shows interesting to watch. the whole ministry of darkness thing was genius and the twist of mcmahon ****ing with austin was gold. outside of that there wasn't a whole lot outside of the new age outlaws, kane, al snow i guess, test and the big show , val venus and kei en tai, the brood and all but i'd pair that in with the ministry of darkness for the short time they were in it for the lower-mid carders. owen hart should have been much more than he was. it's a shame they didn't do much more with him

wcw had more character on their roster but wwf at the time had the best main eventers. then jericho jumped ship. any interest for wcw at that time died. then the hardy boyz, dudleys, edge and christian revived the tag team division after 2 some years of nothing. was great tv.

i didn't really care for the sexual stuff, actually then again i was only in grade 6 at the time (around 98-99). i wanted to see mcmahon get his ass whipped. i wanted to see austin, the rock, triple h, all those guys, but looking back, the sexual stuff was always a little meh. i get that it's edgy and all but the bra and panties matches just never ever did it for me

i think that was one of the best things about the attitude era was mcmahon getting the **** balls beaten out of him for the company. he's easily the best character ever

Edited by Olias, 11 November 2012 - 03:53 AM.

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#267 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

C'mon, you guys didn't like head-cheese?

Posted Image

Made by the multiple personality of Twilight Sparkle.

#268 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

i was a fan of al snow

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#269 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,575 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

i agree. i used to watch both raw and nitro up until late 1998 or so when nitro kind of got stale to me and i was all tuning in to raw just to see what happens with austin

the lower-mid carders of wcw far excelled wwe, but the E found ways to make most of the shows interesting to watch. the whole ministry of darkness thing was genius and the twist of mcmahon ****ing with austin was gold. outside of that there wasn't a whole lot outside of the new age outlaws, kane, al snow i guess, test and the big show , val venus and kei en tai, the brood and all but i'd pair that in with the ministry of darkness for the short time they were in it for the lower-mid carders. owen hart should have been much more than he was. it's a shame they didn't do much more with him

wcw had more character on their roster but wwf at the time had the best main eventers. then jericho jumped ship. any interest for wcw at that time died. then the hardy boyz, dudleys, edge and christian revived the tag team division after 2 some years of nothing. was great tv.

i didn't really care for the sexual stuff, actually then again i was only in grade 6 at the time (around 98-99). i wanted to see mcmahon get his ass whipped. i wanted to see austin, the rock, triple h, all those guys, but looking back, the sexual stuff was always a little meh. i get that it's edgy and all but the bra and panties matches just never ever did it for me

i think that was one of the best things about the attitude era was mcmahon getting the **** balls beaten out of him for the company. he's easily the best character ever

Couldn't agree with you more, the Ministry stuff was amazing. Austin McMahon was always entertaining, and I really liked the direction they went with the artist formerly known as Goldust.

The thing that killed WCW for me was David Arquette becoming champion, congrats Vince Russo you just pissed all over tradition with that insult of a "title run." Pair that with the development of Edge and Christian, the Hardyz and Dudleyz and that is when WWE really picked up for me.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#270 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

CM Punk@CMPunk

How can we stop living in the past, when the past was so much better? C'mon none of you can honestly say that the PG era is better than the Attitude era.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.