The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

...so when am I going to hear that glass shatter and hear "STONE COLD. STONE COLD!"

I just want to hear that one more time during a RAW episode.

And if anything, I'd like to see the old Cena and his "Thuganomics" gig at to make him tolerable at the least by this point.

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

And if anything, I'd like to see the old Cena and his "Thuganomics" gig at to make him tolerable at the least by this point.

Last year in the build up to Cena/Rock at WM 28 on Raw, Cena for one night only went back to his Rapper gimmick and came out to Basic Thuganomics. He Rapped on Rock and Rock did a Rock Concert on Cena.

Edited by J529

...so when am I going to hear that glass shatter and hear "STONE COLD. STONE COLD!"

I just want to hear that one more time during a RAW episode.

Not mention of what happened at the end of Impact this week. Angle is in the clubhouse and is fighting it out with Aces and 8s VP. Angle smashes a beer bottle over the VP's head and knocks him out. Angle unmasks him, but we don't see who's under the mask as he's unconscious and under a table.

Angle can't believe it "Holly crap" and asks how they could do this. Before he can get any answers, the rest of Aces and 8s runs in and beats Angle down.

VP was a big man. Most predictions i've seen as to who the VP is are the following:

D-Lo Brown

Abyss

Matt Morgan

Samoa Joe

AJ Styles - There was a segment on Impact where AJ comes home. He looks to have added 15 pounds of muscle and now sports a full beard that made his face look different and seriously unkept hair. He saw TNA cameras and got ticked off at the siutation. Styles said they don't get it, then left on his motorcycle and took off down the highway. Of course some are of the thinking AJ is with Aces and 8s. It's possible. Think more likely this is a red herring and he's not associated with AA8's. AJ could be WCW's version of Dark Sting where he is fighting off Aces, but he's not on TNA's side.

Jeff Jarrett

Eric Bischoff

With the way Impact ended, they've left it open if they just attacked Angle or kidnapped him as he knows the identity of the VP. If he shows up next week, he reveals who it is.

Two Rumoured Matches for WM 29

While neither of these matches are confirmed they have been heavily

discussed for the WrestleMania 29

- Mark Henry vs. Chris Jericho - IC Title Match: Wade Barrett ⌐ vs.

Sheamus

Wonder where this leaves Orton/The Shield feud? Figured another 6 man tag match with Orton, Sheamus and another partner. I could see Big Show on Orton's team after he attacked The Shield when they showed up and interfered in his match with Orton on SD. Suppose Ryback could be the Third member of Orton's team.

WWE Expecting The Worst WM Reaction for Cena

FW4Online.com is reporting that WWE is expecting that John Cena will be booed out of the building should he win the WWE Championship in his match against The Rock at WrestleMania 29 in New Jersey. The internal feeling is that Cena needs win the match and title however how they execute that is another matter.

Two Rumoured Matches for WM 29

Wonder where this leaves Orton/The Shield feud? Figured another 6 man tag match with Orton, Sheamus and another partner. I could see Big Show on Orton's team after he attacked The Shield when they showed up and interfered in his match with Orton on SD. Suppose Ryback could be the Third member of Orton's team.

I would expect the Big Show to turn face and be in the Shield match. He's run his course as a heel. Very uninteresting now.

2 Cities make Bids for WM 31

As noted earlier this week, the Central Florida Sports Commission recently received a request for a proposal from WWE for the opportunity to host WrestleMania 31 in 2015 or WrestleMania 32 in 2016. Detroit, Michigan is another city that received a request for a bid from WWE. The event would take place at Ford Field, which is the same place WrestleMania 23 was hosted.

Major Faction Revealed at ROH iPPV

Rhett Titus, Matt Hardy, Jimmy Rave, and Cliff Compton joined Rhino, Jimmy Jacobs, Steve Corino, and Kevin Steen in S.C.U.M. to beat down several of the company's babyfaces at the end of the 11th Anniversary Show. Steve Corino promised the group would destroy Ring of Honor by injecting evil into it.

Major Faction Revealed at ROH iPPV

Steve Corino promised the group would destroy Ring of Honor by injecting evil into it.

kind of like how mcmahon "injected a cancer" by reforming the NWO

but on a serious note, i hope matt hardy is doing well for himself. last i heard he's trying to get his life cleaned up to go for another run in the business

Edited by Olias

Pretty good RAW so far. liked the opening segment. Punk and Show had the best opening promos. Orton and Sheamus must have had some pretty lame scripts written up. I know Orton's better than that. I love how Punk's reactions to everyone coming out then Vicki cutting him off. Little things like that is what makes him so awesome. Liked the stare down bet5ween Mark Henry and Ryback. I think that would be a good rub for Ryback defeating Mark Henry who looks to be back in good shape

also i like them playing We're All Together Now in the background. RAW IS WAR nostalgia

Edited by Olias

I think Big E. isn't ready yet. Ryback needs some credibility if they want him to be a top star and push for the world title maybe with henry as champion somewhere down the road

another note it was nice seeing the new age outlaws back in action and honkey tonk man. slater sold that guitar shot like money

Edited by Olias

Glad they're going with Henry and Ryback rather the the rumoured matches they were planning to have with Jericho. Lets face it, no one wants to see Jericho vs. Ryback or Jericho vs. Henry at the premiere PPV. Besides, Jericho works 10x better with wrestlers at his size.

Glad they're going with Henry and Ryback rather the the rumoured matches they were planning to have with Jericho. Lets face it, no one wants to see Jericho vs. Ryback or Jericho vs. Henry at the premiere PPV. Besides, Jericho works 10x better with wrestlers at his size.

Agreed I shuddered reading the rumour of a Jericho-Ryback match, whoever even thought of that for a Wrestlemania match should be fired on the spot.

Reason why Roddy Piper didn't appear on Old School Raw

As seen on last night's "Old-School" episode of WWE Monday night RAW, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper was not used and we're told he never even received a phone call to appear. For what it's worth, Vince McMahon wasn't happy with Piper going "off script" the last time he appeared on RAW so that may have had something to do with him not being used last night. We reported the following on August 15, 2012: There are some reports circulating that Vince McMahon was not happy with the Piper's Pit segment on RAW this past week. As we noted several weeks ago, there has been talk of bringing in more legends to RAW on a weekly basis. There are reports that Vince wants to use current legends who are under contract to the company with Legends Deals. The reports note that Vince was screaming into his headset during the segment. Michael Cole actually made a line about how the segment was starting to stink. According to sources, that line came directly from Vince. When contacted for confirmation regarding the story, or if Vince McMahon talked to him backstage after the segment, Piper told WZROnline.com that nobody said anything to him, including Vince. Piper informed us that nothing was said to him backstage and that both The Miz and Dolph Ziggler approached him following the segment and thanked him, saying it was a true honor to work with a legend like him. No one said a word to me about the Pit. Ziggler came and thanked me as did The Miz, Piper exclusively told WZROnline.com. The Piper's Pit segment that pissed off Vince McMahon can be seen below:

Several weeks later, Piper tweeted the following regarding the segment: "I read that Vince was angry at the last Piper's Pit. Not a word was said to me. For the record, I DIDNΓT WRITE THAT CRAP! #bemadatwriters"
Edited by J529

The moment they teased Ryback vs. Mark Henry. I was wondering why didn't anybody think of this.

I was under the impression that the Japanese writing on Tensai's head was face paint. The fact that it still on his head with new ring gear leads me to believe he was actually stupid enough to get that tattooed on.