The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

No he isn't, Kane and Daniels are.

Punk is vastly overrated.

Punk is an awesome heel. It's just a shame he has to come out and say the same stuff every week. It's not like he has a choice. Also, I for one am getting pretty bored of the Kane/Bryan tag team. Same sh*t, different day.

Still was never the best. He's been top 5 his whole career at best. That is still really amazing considering the crazy amount of talent that was on the indy scene when he wrestled.

Well, the "best in the world" thing is just a gimmick after all. ;)

Punk is an awesome heel. It's just a shame he has to come out and say the same stuff every week. It's not like he has a choice. Also, I for one am getting pretty bored of the Kane/Bryan tag team. Same sh*t, different day.

Well, the "best in the world" thing is just a gimmick after all. ;)

He did steal it from Bryan Danielson, who did it much better than he's doing it now...

You need to take off the CM Punk goggles and look at it from a neutral perspective.

Punk is a good heel he's not elite or even great. It's not hard to go into Montreal, insult Bret Hart and get heat. Sin Cara could do that. Nor is kicking out JR on his appreciation night anything special, he's gathering momentum as a heel from doing everything generically.

People like JBL and Jericho didn't need to do anything, Muhammed Hussan as well if you remember him. Those guys had that arrogance and swagger on them that made you hate their guts, AKA played their role to perfection. Punk hasn't done that.

IMO the hardest thing to do is stay fresh as a face. Orton couldn't do it, Sheamus isn't doing it, and while Punk had a decent run as a face, but unless you blindly support him as much as you hate Cena, you'd notice his act was wearing thin as a face as well.

When Punk was at his best was at about a year ago, when he wasn't a heel, and he wasn't a face. He was CM Punk, he was the guy who didn't give a damn and you loved him for it. Now that Vince is trying to force feed him to us he's lost that.

----------

Note that I am not critiqueing him as a wrestler, but as a performer which is what WWE is, Entertainment.

Edited by SodaPop

CM Punk's strength is definitely as a heel though. His promos were borrrrrrring as a face. They're starting to get dull now too, but it was extremely annoying when he would tell Bryan to be quiet and the crowd would go nuts. He actually was technically a heel back then, but his promo got him over with a lot of the fans.

No he isn't, Kane and Daniels are.

Punk is vastly overrated.

No way. They are wasting the talent of both those guys with the crap story lines they've been stuck in the last while.

No way. They are wasting the talent of both those guys with the crap story lines they've been stuck in the last while.

Kane and Daniels reminds me of what they did with Goldust and Booker T. They had some classic segments and it wasn't cheesy as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWi8sMA8_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9nDmtEsanU

First of all: What the frack are they doing with Jinder Mahal, Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre?

Even though it's kind of dumb, I'm somewhat intrigued. And I also find it's one of the more interesting things happening on SmackDown.

Second of all: I know Jinder Mahal and Heath Slater are jokes but come on, associating Drew Mcintyre with this group is just wrong.

Third of all: What they should do is build up Mcintyre and make him legitimate then have him contend for the US championship.

You need to take off the CM Punk goggles and look at it from a neutral perspective.

Punk is a good heel he's not elite or even great. It's not hard to go into Montreal, insult Bret Hart and get heat. Sin Cara could do that. Nor is kicking out JR on his appreciation night anything special, he's gathering momentum as a heel from doing everything generically.

People like JBL and Jericho didn't need to do anything, Muhammed Hussan as well if you remember him. Those guys had that arrogance and swagger on them that made you hate their guts, AKA played their role to perfection. Punk hasn't done that.

IMO the hardest thing to do is stay fresh as a face. Orton couldn't do it, Sheamus isn't doing it, and while Punk had a decent run as a face, but unless you blindly support him as much as you hate Cena, you'd notice his act was wearing thin as a face as well.

When Punk was at his best was at about a year ago, when he wasn't a heel, and he wasn't a face. He was CM Punk, he was the guy who didn't give a damn and you loved him for it. Now that Vince is trying to force feed him to us he's lost that.

----------

Note that I am not critiqueing him as a wrestler, but as a performer which is what WWE is, Entertainment.

Although I liked Muhammed Hussan (and his theme music :P), IMO the majority of his heat came from being an America-hating Arab and not necessarily because he was "good".

If we can't be happy with a guy like Punk, then our standards are probably too high and we're going to die waiting for another Austin or Rock.

I think sometimes we rag on the current product so much, remembering the good old days, we can't appreciate any of the at least decent stuff that goes on.

Or maybe my standards are too low.

• Upvote 1

First of all: What the frack are they doing with Jinder Mahal, Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre?

Even though it's kind of dumb, I'm somewhat intrigued. And I also find it's one of the more interesting things happening on SmackDown.

Second of all: I know Jinder Mahal and Heath Slater are jokes but come on, associating Drew Mcintyre with this group is just wrong.

Third of all: What they should do is build up Mcintyre and make him legitimate then have him contend for the US championship.

Put the title on Jinder.

Although I liked Muhammed Hussan (and his theme music :P), IMO the majority of his heat came from being an America-hating Arab and not necessarily because he was "good".

If we can't be happy with a guy like Punk, then our standards are probably too high and we're going to die waiting for another Austin or Rock.

I think sometimes we rag on the current product so much, remembering the good old days, we can't appreciate any of the at least decent stuff that goes on.

Amen. Too many people living in the past and can't get over the attitude era.

name=Slender Man' timestamp='1350119779' post='10940339]

Here's what I would do:

At the next PPV for which Cena is ready to compete, have a triple threat match, CM Punk, Vs Ryberg Vs Cena. For what ever reason, Ryberg is late for the show or whatever so at the start it's just CM Punk vs Cena.

Close to the end of the match, Cena goes on his roll at which time Ryberg comes out, momenterally distracting Cena. When Cena turns around, Punk is in the corner on his knees pleading with Cena. Ryberg comes in to the ring. Cena looks at him then looks back at Punk who is now in the corner sitting with his legs crossed smiling. Behind Cena, Ryberg is doing the arm in the air salute thing that the SES did. Ryberg and Punk two man Cena, and Ryberg watches Punk retain the title.

Next night on RAW, Punk goes off about how he still doesn't get any respect and how he is good enough to win every title in the company.

AJ comes out and says that Punk and Ryberg are going to be in a tag team fatal four way for the tag titles, but should they not win, Punk to face Cena again for the title at the next PPV and there can be no interference and that Punk will has to pin or submit Cena to retain the title (no DQs and the other usual bull)

Teams are:

Punk and Ryberg, Rode Scholars, Hell No, and one of the other face tag teams.

During the match, Hell No gets into a fight with each other and end up fighting out of the arena. Rode Scholars lay the other team out and watch as Punk or Ryberg pin the team that's down....

You guessed it, they are all one group now.

Next raw Punk hands the titles over to Rode Scholars.

Miz comes to Punk and says he wants respect too, and he sees that Punk is doing what it takes to get it and that he wants in to the group.

Punk says, he has to prove himself by beating someone of Punks choice in a match for the US title.

Punk picks McIntyre and after an even match, Miz hits the scull crushing finale, at which time Punk and his crew make there way to the ring. This distracts Miz enough for D-Mc to hit his DDT and win the Title, and thus he is now in the group too.

Badabing Badaboom, make it happen.

Oh and Punk beats The Rock at the Royal Rumble, then starts making fun of JR again who was saying that The Rock is going to win the title.

Eventually Austin comes out and stuns Punk, leading to one last Wrestlemaina match which Austin wins, but since he isn't back permanently they have a tournament to crown a new champion.

The End.

• Upvote 3

- The first-ever Ryback vs. CM Punk match took place at last night's WWE Supershow in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Ryback won the match via DQ after Punk slid out of Shellshocked and hit him with a low blow. Punk then declared himself the WWE Champion before finally catching Shellshocked to end the show.

Fan reports from the match show that it was mostly back and forth with both Superstars taking control at various points in the match. It appears there also was a lot of brawling outside of the ring.

- Sources close to Jerry Lawler note that he will indeed be at the WWE SmackDown tapings from Memphis, Tennessee on Tuesday night. Lawler will likely just be backstage visiting and may just appear off-camera for the live crowd. As of this writing, WWE and the FedEx Forum is not advertising Lawler to appear.

Edited by zero-ONE-three