The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

14 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

AEW Double Or Nothing Estimated At Just Under 100,000 PPV Buys, Outperforms WWE Money In The Bank

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2019/05/31/aew-double-or-nothing-estimated-at-just-under-100000-buys-outperforms-wwe-money-in-the-bank/

That’s not a shocker.

Who the hell would pay 49.99 (?) for a single PPV, when they can just subscribe to the network and get it for cheaper?

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, shiznak said:

That’s not a shocker.

Who the hell would pay 49.99 (?) for a single PPV, when they can just subscribe to the network and get it for cheaper?

I didn't even know wwe still had ppv that you could buy per single event 

That said, finally watching double or nothing, entertainment factor is pretty solid. Jim Ross on commentary is pretty special, he's probably the best voice of all time. 

Pretty cool how the main event was two Winnipegers... Everyone knows Canada is better than USA and they proved it even further. 

Wwe has a better ladies division though, AEW has a long way to come.

Mandy and Mella on SD last week was really solid. So was the Charlotte backstab on Lacy. 

And as usual the iconics were the most entertaining match... So funny how they scream and screech. Great performers :lol:

Hopefully Sami and KO are champions sooner rather than later. 

Really not happy that they're doing super show down in that Neanderthal country of Saudi Arabia... 

If there's a country that deserves to be sanctioned, it's the Saudis... They are making the world less of a good place to live and that's a fact. They are killing thousands in Oman, they have 0 morals, they don't even respect women in their country. It sickens me that these disgusting sheikhs just get away with all their murder and lack of morals. 

Power to John Cena for pulling out last year. I hope other guys will pull out to. Put an end to this disgusting propaganda machine of Saudi 

I know wwe has a big following in the middle East, but they shouldn't support Saudi Arabia specifically. I'd be more ok with it if they held the event in UAE, Pakistan, iono anywhere other than Saudi. 

I truly hope a bunch of guys pull out. 

Last year's even at Jeddah was a snooze fest, 0 crowd interaction, 0 cheering, and a bunch of white dress wearing, turban wearing, jet flying seikhs were occupying all the floor seats... Smh. I'd say kiss stealing and Rolex wearing but that's reserved for Ric Flair :lol:

1 hour ago, Grapefruits said:

He's not wrong:

Kenneth A Lush @Kennethalush 7h7 hours ago

A few years ago I wrestled @NatchyECCW in a blindfold match in what i consider the worst match in wrestling history. thanks to Goldberg and the Undertaker I can now say its the 2nd worst match in history.

I guess he never saw Jarrett vs. Hogan at Bash at the Beach or Hogan vs. Nash on Nitro.

• Cheers 2

Just watching super showdown now... Its definitely better than the embarassing event they held last year with the entire Saudi royal family occupying the floor seats in their white dresses. At least this year they had some real fans occupying the seats. So power to them in that extent... And they did have some women in the stands

That being said, what a Neanderthal country this is... They don't allow the women to display their talents. 

What a shame... The ladies division has come so far and they aren't allowed to perform because the guys in white dresses don't allow women to express themselves freely in their country... I'm shocked they even had Rene on commentary 

It's 2019... Smh.

I see this event as a propaganda machine for these corrupt Arabs to continue ruining the planet and killing thousands...

Whatever, they do have real fans there and they seemed to enjoy it. 

• 3 weeks later...

As I had anticipated WWE is trying to push their boundaries a bit now because AEW is doing it. On Raw this week we heard Corey Graves say s***, and this isn't a mistake since WWE has a 7 second delay from the live feeds to cut out anything such as this, but they decided not to do it on purpose. Then also on SmackDown this week they had Kofi Kingston put up the middle finger to Samoa Joe, wasn't sure if they were going to let people actually see it but the one I watched showed it, but turns out they did censor it in certain countries and supposedly Canada was one of them :lol:

• Cheers 1

On 7/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

As I had anticipated WWE is trying to push their boundaries a bit now because AEW is doing it. On Raw this week we heard Corey Graves say s***, and this isn't a mistake since WWE has a 7 second delay from the live feeds to cut out anything such as this, but they decided not to do it on purpose. Then also on SmackDown this week they had Kofi Kingston put up the middle finger to Samoa Joe, wasn't sure if they were going to let people actually see it but the one I watched showed it, but turns out they did censor it in certain countries and supposedly Canada was one of them :lol:

Bring back the attitude era! 

Minus all the degrading stuff they did towards women. The ladies division has come too far to take backwards steps.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, apollo said:

Bring back the attitude era! 

Minus all the degrading stuff they did towards women. The ladies division has come too far to take backwards steps.

Yeah totally agree, that's when it was the most exciting so why not, there is way worse stuff out there on YouTube now a days anyways, social media and YouTube wasn't a thing back then not everyone even had camera phones yet :lol:, people want that rawness that's the entertainment side so I say give the people what they want, and that's what AEW is doing.

And yes regarding the woman's division, it has come pretty far, to the point where when I skip through stuff that I don't really care for but come across say Becky I'll watch and see, I never used to do that unless it was due to their looks instead. Actually another one who doesn't get much on Raw or SmackDown although recently she's been getting some, but more on main event right now is Dana Brooke. I've noticed that she's actually a very strong athlete, she needs work on the mic though, but I feel due to her raw strength she could give it a run one day for holding the belt or deserving of it one day down the road. But yes point is back in the attitude days I wasn't watching the woman for their wrestling skills, but for their looks, now I'm watching them for both :P

• Cheers 1