The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Florida Van-Dal

I wouldn't do either of them.... Jovo is way past his prime plus he has a bad contract and I know Faksa is a decent prospect but if we are trading Edler it would only be because he isn't gonna re-sign, and we would want back a impact player now instead of a prospect.

I say we overpay slightly in the first deal and by a lot in the 2nd deal.

I wouldn't do either of them.... Jovo is way past his prime plus he has a bad contract and I know Faksa is a decent prospect but if we are trading Edler it would only be because he isn't gonna re-sign, and we would want back a impact player now instead of a prospect.

I say we overpay slightly in the first deal and by a lot in the 2nd deal.

I wouldn't do either of those. We don't need another 5/6 D making over 4M. And we won't trade Edler unless we know he won't be re-signing with us, which is something I doubt we'd know until February.

No trades will be happening during the lockout anyway so it doesn't matter.

Jovo cops contract is not that bad actually 4.1 mil for great leadership and a solid defensemen to stand in until our younger D are ready.

Faska is actually exactly what we need. great scoring touch, hits, has great speed and tries hard every single night. A line of Faska Bjugstad Kassian would be one of the biggest strongest lines in the NHL

- Huge Jovanoski fan but he is past his prime and that contract is terrible for what he brings, so no thanks.

- trading Edler for that destroys our cup chances completely.

- Also Faksa isn't ready for the NHL and Bjugstad has already committed to playing Collage for this season.

To me this is taking a step back when it comes to the ultimate goal.

Archived