Lack

#2 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

I wouldn't do either of them.... Jovo is way past his prime plus he has a bad contract and I know Faksa is a decent prospect but if we are trading Edler it would only be because he isn't gonna re-sign, and we would want back a impact player now instead of a prospect.

I say we overpay slightly in the first deal and by a lot in the 2nd deal.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

I wouldn't do either of them.... Jovo is way past his prime plus he has a bad contract and I know Faksa is a decent prospect but if we are trading Edler it would only be because he isn't gonna re-sign, and we would want back a impact player now instead of a prospect.

I say we overpay slightly in the first deal and by a lot in the 2nd deal.

Jovo cops contract is not that bad actually 4.1 mil for great leadership and a solid defensemen to stand in until our younger D are ready.

Faska is actually exactly what we need. great scoring touch, hits, has great speed and tries hard every single night. A line of Faska Bjugstad Kassian would be one of the biggest strongest lines in the NHL

#4 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

no thanks ill pass on both
Posted Image

#5 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

I wouldn't do either of those. We don't need another 5/6 D making over 4M. And we won't trade Edler unless we know he won't be re-signing with us, which is something I doubt we'd know until February.

No trades will be happening during the lockout anyway so it doesn't matter.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#6 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Jovo cops contract is not that bad actually 4.1 mil for great leadership and a solid defensemen to stand in until our younger D are ready.

Faska is actually exactly what we need. great scoring touch, hits, has great speed and tries hard every single night. A line of Faska Bjugstad Kassian would be one of the biggest strongest lines in the NHL

It's Faksa :). I would prefer to leave Schroeder and Jovo out of the first deal and try to get Bjugstad for Luongo +. I like the second deal, but it's only if Edler wants too much and there is no season.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#7 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Jovo is way past his prime. I would do that trade if Jovo was as good as he was a few years ago.
If we were going to trade Edler, I feel like we could get a better return.
Posted Image

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

I'd pass on this one. Faksa is no where near ready for the big league and Bjugstad is going to play another year in college.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#9 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

To Van:
Bjugstad,Ed Jovanovski

To Florida:
Luongo, Schroeder

To Van:
Faska,1st round pick

To Dal:
Edler, Raymond

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Jensen
Higgins Lappy Hansen
Faska Bjugstad Kassian
Malhotra

Hamuis Bieksa
Ballard Garisson
Jovanoski Tanev

Schnieder
Lack

1.) To get Bjugstad from Florida I'd be very tempted to take Jovanovski's contract, almost. The biggest problem with it is that it is a 35+ contract, so if he gets off the plane in Vancouver and decides he wants to hang 'em up, that's a $4+ million hit on the team's cap for the next three years (no, I'm not saying he would do something like that, it's just for example purposes). Were Luongo to decide to retire he's off the books.

I wouldn't mind a bit of a sweetner on both sides, perhaps an additional roster player for the Canucks and a pick or prospect going to Florida. Something that helps the Canucks now and also gives Florida a bit more for the future.

2.) I agree with the second deal being an overpayment by the Canucks. It also pretty much kills (IMHO) any serious hopes of making a Cup run this year (what lock-out?) with Edler being gone.

The above being said, Edler and Raymond will both be UFA's next year, so I don't know that Dallas would be all that eager to do this deal.

As an alternative, were the Canucks to get Bjugstad from Florida, I might be inclined to try and get a good d-man prospect from Dallas (Jamie Oleksiak?) in place of the 1st.

3.) I think it's a very optimistic thought having Jensen being able to start on the 2nd line. I'd say there's a better chance that Kassian is on the 2nd line rather than Jensen.

Putting Kassian on the 4th line here is a waste of his development time. If he doesn't get regular 2nd/3rd line minutes this season, what with the lack of a lot of competition at the right wing (Burrows, Hansen, maybe Higgins) then he may as well play in Chicago.

Faksa, Jensen and Bjugstad would be better served playing in Chicago, getting more ice time and opprtunity to develop. Once the playoffs begin, Bjugstad (who is perhaps the closest to being an "NHL'er") could be brought up for the playoffs, and likely get a chance to compete for the 3C position next year. I don't see Jensen making a serious charge for a job in Vancouver for another two to three years, and Faksa in perhaps another four.

4,) Otherwise, it would give the Canucks a lot of potential at center. In 4 - 5 years time, after the Sedins move on, Kesler will be in his early 30's (as would Lapierre, assuming he is still here). This would leave the Canucks with Bjugstad, Faksa and Gaunce waiting in the wings.

The weakness I see would be on defence, where there has been nothing brought in to replace what has been moved out (no, Jovanovski does not count as a replacement to Edler).

regards,
G.

Edited by Gollumpus, 04 October 2012 - 08:45 PM.

Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

- Huge Jovanoski fan but he is past his prime and that contract is terrible for what he brings, so no thanks.

- trading Edler for that destroys our cup chances completely.

- Also Faksa isn't ready for the NHL and Bjugstad has already committed to playing Collage for this season.

To me this is taking a step back when it comes to the ultimate goal.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.