The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Help NHL player in his time of need with the ‘I Care’ program (VIDEO) (features mainly Canucks)

nuckin_futz

Did a search and didn't find this so here ya go. ........

On Wednesday, we featured a series of videos in which fans mocked Gary Bettman, the man many believe to be responsible for this present lockout. But it's important to note that not every fan is fully pro-player.

Brandon Williams isn't. At least, that's the vibe I get from his hilarious PSA, "I Care", which asks you to help these poor, destitute NHLers in their time of need by adopting a player and paying his salary.

Look into the eyes of an NHLer and say "I care":

"For only $20,835 a month -- that works out to a mere $694.50 a day -- you can help an NHL player remain economically viable during this terrible time of need."

Like I said: I suspect Williams finds it a little difficult to muster much empathy for the players.

"And when you sign up for this program, you'll receive an unsigned photo of your sponsored player, lounging in the Caribbean or playing golf."

I also suspect he doesn't think the players can empathize much with the fans.

Lastly, speaking of fans, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Mr. Williams is a Vancouver Canucks supporter. Either that or he just thinks the Canucks are the most expressive team in the NHL, because this video is wall to wall Canucks.

Granted, Roberto Luongo does make some incredible faces.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/help-nhl-player-time-care-program-video-121456656--nhl.html

i cant even bring myself to support the bieksa buddies charity game. i am just so peeved.

I invest almost 20grand a year in tickets for the canucks and they dont even give you a refund until the ENTIRE season is cancelled (see February last time).

so i have 20grand in tickets that i have PAID for and i wont see my money for another 5-6months. very anti canuck & player at the moment.

loved the video thanks!

i cant even bring myself to support the bieksa buddies charity game. i am just so peeved.

I invest almost 20grand a year in tickets for the canucks and they dont even give you a refund until the ENTIRE season is cancelled (see February last time).

so i have 20grand in tickets that i have PAID for and i wont see my money for another 5-6months. very anti canuck & player at the moment.

loved the video thanks!

Wow...you invest 20 grand/year for the Canucks??? You should give that money to me and I would become your personal assistant. 20 grand is more than $1000/month. With that type of money you could hire a Filipino buttler or a chef to cook you food. Or you could use it to go to Vegas every month on the weekends and relax in a luxurious hotel. Forget about hockey this season and spend your NHL money on something better.

Crap, I forgot that you already spent that money for season tickets. That really sucks dude, especially the fact that they won't refund your money until the entire season is cancelled.

here is the offical release from the canucks (wall of text incoming)

As you are aware, the National Hockey League (the “NHL”) and the NHL Players’ Association (the “NHLPA”) are currently engaged in negotiating a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (the “CBA”). The current CBA will expire on September 15th and it is the NHL’s objective to successfully conclude negotiations by then. However, if this does not occur, training camp may not open on time and the 45-home game season may be affected.

We appreciate that you have made a significant investment with us and we have developed a plan that recognizes your loyalty to our team. Immediately upon an announcement of a delay to the season, we will be asking you to select one of the following two options regarding the funds you have paid to-date towards your 12.13 ticket package(s):

OPTION 1: RECEIVE A REFUND ON LOST GAMES SUBSEQUENT TO THE RELEASE OF A REVISED 12.13 SCHEDULE

• All previously scheduled payment plan withdrawals will be suspended until further notice;

• Under a revised season with less than 45 home games, your 12.13 ticket package(s) will be pro-rated based on the number of games in the new schedule, including our best efforts to match comparable games from the original season schedule;

• Any excess funds on account that are not applied to the revised 12.13 season will be refunded within 10 business days after the new schedule is released;

• A 2% rebate credit (compounded annually) will accrue monthly, based on the funds on account at the end of each month;

• The rebate credit will apply from September 16th until the first scheduled game to be played in a revised 12.13 season;

• In the event the entire season is lost, a final rebate credit will be calculated at that time and a refund for the remaining funds on account will be processed within 10 business days, less a 10% deposit that is required to retain your Ticket Holder status for the 13.14 season;

• The total rebate credit accumulated can be applied against the 2013 Playoffs, if played, or the 13.14 season invoice.

OPTION 2: LEAVE ALL FUNDS ON ACCOUNT

• All previously scheduled payment plan withdrawals will be suspended until further notice;

• The funds currently on account will remain in your account;

• Under a revised season with less than 45 home games, your 12.13 ticket package(s) will be pro-rated based on the number of games in the new schedule, including our best efforts to match comparable games from the original season schedule;

• A 2% rebate credit (compounded annually), based on the funds on account, will accrue from September 16th until the first scheduled game in a revised 12.13 season;

• Once the season starts, the rebate credit on any excess funds on account that are not applied to a revised 12.13 season schedule will continue to accrue until April 1, 2013 when the funds will be applied either to the 2013 Playoffs or the renewal of your 13.14 ticket package(s);

• Payment plan withdrawals will resume once a new season schedule is released. Your monthly payment amounts will be adjusted based on the number of games in a revised season compared to the remaining funds on account. Please note that your monthly payment amounts may increase due to a shortened payment plan period.

• In the event the entire season is lost, the funds on account will continue to accrue the rebate credit until April 1, 2013 when the funds will be applied to the renewal of your 13.14 ticket package(s);

• The total rebate credit accumulated can be applied against the 2013 Playoffs, if played, or the 13.14 season invoice.

Further details on choosing your preferred option will be sent to you via email if a delay to the season is announced. Again, it is our hope that an agreement on the terms of a new CBA will be reached by September 15th. However, we want to make you aware of the plan should we be faced with the potential of missed games.

We thank you for your understanding, patience and continued support. If you have any questions related to your account, please call us at 604.899.GOAL (4625).

Sincerely,

CANUCKS SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT

thats the thing they dont give your money back so you cant do anything with it. its just lost in a blackhole until the lockout is lifted. and 20grand isnt really that much when you put it in perspective 45games 4tickets = 180tickets for approx 111$ a ticket

edit:

and on your other point, i only hire 20something hot woman for my butlers/chefs/personal assistants. (sadly we actually do have a nanny) my wife is pretty lazy!

Archived