Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Signing] Claude Giroux and Daniel Briere to Berlin (DEL)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

<p>http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406743

Claude Giroux and Danny Briere are bound for Germany.The Philadelphia centres have signed with Eisbaren Berlin of Germany's top league for the duration of the NHL lockout, according to ESPN.com.The website says veteran agent Pat Brisson, who represents both players, confirmed the signings.Giroux was third in NHL scoring last season with 93 points (28 goals, 65 assists).Briere had an off year by his standards, with 16 goals and 33 assists in 70 games.With Giroux heading to Berlin, four of the five top scorers have headed overseas during the lockout. Evgeni Malkin and Ilya Kovalchuk have signed with teams in the Russian-based KHL while Jason Spezza is in Switzerland. Only Steven Stamkos has yet to make overseas arrangements.

Edited by TheGermanCanuck, 04 October 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#2 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

Steven Stamkos has been assigned to shovelling Gary Roberts' driveway.

#3 Jougo

Jougo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Steven Stamkos has been assigned to shovelling Gary Roberts' driveway.

Hahahaha.

#4 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

It must be so annoying for fans of the opposing teams. Not only did they pick up two NHL players - they got a super star and a first liner. Even for an NHL team this would be a huge boost, but for a DEL team this is insane. Even crazier is Simmonds and Stewart going down to play in the 2nd tier which has a similar, if not lower, talent level to the ECHL.
Sig too big.

#5 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

both with 3 points in their first game for the polarbears

giroux 1 g 2 a
briere 3 a

but their team losses 5-6

#6 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

It must be so annoying for fans of the opposing teams. Not only did they pick up two NHL players - they got a super star and a first liner. Even for an NHL team this would be a huge boost, but for a DEL team this is insane. Even crazier is Simmonds and Stewart going down to play in the 2nd tier which has a similar, if not lower, talent level to the ECHL.

Yes, the ripple affect is felt throughout the hockey leagues.

I do not agree with NHL caliber players signing in these other leagues, I mean good on a team if they can land a Giroux/Briere combo for sure....but I don't like the idea of other players losing their jobs to the NHL players...Does not sit right with me at all.
Posted Image

#7 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Yes, the ripple affect is felt throughout the hockey leagues.

I do not agree with NHL caliber players signing in these other leagues, I mean good on a team if they can land a Giroux/Briere combo for sure....but I don't like the idea of other players losing their jobs to the NHL players...Does not sit right with me at all.

I wish more NHLers would sign in Sweden (where I live). Even if they don't sign in my favorite team, it's still really fun to see the best players in the world live, and not just only on TV.

#8 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Briere with 3 Goals , 1 Assist and Giroux with 3 Assists in Berlins 6-2 Win over Wolfsburg

Briere has 3 Goals and 4 Assists...Giroux 1 Goal and 5 Assists in 2 Games

may i should make a thread about the nhler´s in germany...lol

http://www.eishockeynews.de/aktuell

Edited by TheGermanCanuck, 14 October 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#9 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...due-neck-injury

Claude Giroux has neck injury

Star center Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers is leaving his club in the German league to seek medical attention for a neck injury, his agent Pat Brisson told ESPN.com Tuesday morning.
Giroux suffered the injury in a game last Friday with Berlin. Giroux also underwent concussion tests in Germany over the weekend.
In a text message, Giroux said he'll be "fine."
Brisson said Giroux will visit with Dr. Ted Carrick in Atlanta next week. Carrick is the same doctor who has worked with the likes of Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews.
"We want to make sure we get the right diagnosis with the neck injury. It's a precaution," Brisson said. "We believe it's a minor injury. He felt better yesterday, but we just don't want to take any chances."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.