Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Can we get the Canucks to discount one pair of tickets to each fan?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 RonnyMB

RonnyMB

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

I think that many fans are feeling that they are being betrayed by the NHL. How many lockouts can you have in a short period of time without pissing off the fans. I know that once they start playing people will come back......but right now i think more people just don't care that they aren't playing instead of being angry about it. That is something that they should be concerned about. I really think that they have to extend an olive branch to the regular fan. I think that if we can get enough people asking for this then they might listen.....probably not, but maybe. If they could offer one discounted pair of tickets to each fan that applies to any home game it might be a start. This might also give some of those fans who have never been able to afford tickets to experience a live game. I am not talking about a drastic reduction, but just something.... I am starting a buy request on www.Darelle.com to see how many people we can get to sign up to this buy. Just search Canucks and you should find it. Who knows.... it might actually work?

Edited by RonnyMB, 05 October 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#2 RonnyMB

RonnyMB

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

I'll start one for a half price Jersey as well. They need to throw us a bone!

#3 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,433 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

I feel sorry for the guy who waited 8 years on wait list for season tickets, got them, but then the lock out screwed him. LOL
Posted Image

#4 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

I think that many fans are feeling that they are being betrayed by the NHL. How many lockouts can you have in a short period of time without pissing off the fans. I know that once they start playing people will come back......but right now i think more people just don't care that they aren't playing instead of being angry about it. That is something that they should be concerned about. I really think that they have to extend an olive branch to the regular fan. I think that if we can get enough people asking for this then they might listen.....probably not, but maybe. If they could offer one discounted pair of tickets to each fan that applies to any home game it might be a start. This might also give some of those fans who have never been able to afford tickets to experience a live game. I am not talking about a drastic reduction, but just something.... I am starting a buy request on Darelle.com to see how many people we can get to sign up to this buy. Just search Canucks and you should find it. Who knows.... it might actually work?

People always come back to watch hockey in Canada. This is wrong, we should just boycott them when the NHL opens for business so they lose more money and learn a lesson from locking out the league every 7 years. A strong message should be sent to the NHL that consistent lockout hurts their business. Why should they be any different than other businesses that screw up and go bankrupt?

Edited by Pouria, 05 October 2012 - 11:21 AM.

Posted Image

#5 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

that would be the equitable thing to do. the small problem is that they clearly do not care about the fans. they have us wrapped around their fingers, because they know we'll come back no matter what. so yeah the discount not going to happen, especially since they're losing money as we speak
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#6 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

If we don't stick it to the man, he's just going to stick it to us... It's a dog eat dog world out there, and if your not fighting your already dead. Friday's phone call between Gary and Donald.. (Donald): YOU'RE AN A** HOLE! (Gary): IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE! Both hang up and say at the same time: That guy's an F-ing idiot. I was there in both rooms, so it's credible :)

Oh and I would be down if they did a buy one get one free deal on everything from tickets to merch. There margins are so high it doesn't really matter anyways. Would be cool if players just started giving away jersey's as a sign of gratitude to the fans. Or if players used some of the ticket buying powers to give away tickets to some people...

All in all I just want hockey back, with interest. In the words of Stewie Griffin "WHERE'S MY MONEY BRIAN! WHERE"S MY MONEY!"
Cassels

#7 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

"Can we get the Canucks to discount one pair of tickets to each fan"?

This is the funniest thing i've heard all day. Do you hear a plane or see Tattoo ?....... Because i swear your living on fantasy island.

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#8 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

What the hell is wrong with binding arbitration in a situation like this? The NHL and NHLPA have already proved that they are incapable of reaching a deal on their own in a reasonable amount of time. So the answer should be simple. Bring in an arbitrator, meet halfway, sign on the dotted line and drop the goddamn puck!

#9 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

That's just so crazy it just might never work!

zuhwS.gif

#10 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

do you feel betrayed if that movie sequel doesn't come out?

should paramount give you a free ticket cause the star trek sequel was delayed?

guess what? it's not about "you". never was, never will be. wake up!

#11 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

I can't afford to go to NHL games or buy jerseys at all. I'm personally not attached to either of those things enough to beg for them. I prefer to do things that are constructive to my life whilst living within my means.

That being said, more power to you.

#12 Red Dragons

Red Dragons

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

I wouldn't take free tickets at this point. My buddy even cancelled his season tickets he held for 9 years. We just don't feel like putting up with douche bags anymore. If it weren't for the fans there would be no NHL so they can all go eat a bag of D#cks.

#13 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

No.
No we can't and nor do they have to

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#14 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

I wouldn't take free tickets at this point. My buddy even cancelled his season tickets he held for 9 years. We just don't feel like putting up with douche bags anymore. If it weren't for the fans there would be no NHL so they can all go eat a bag of D#cks.

With the waiting list as long as it is, you won't be missed.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#15 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

If anything they will jack up the price to compensate for the money they lost. Also, remember that most of the high priced tickets are sold to corporations who are not as passionate as most on here, they can just spend their millions taking their clients to other awesome high priced venues, no skin of their back.

#16 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

No they won't ever. Do beer, discount the hell out of it at games.
Posted Image

#17 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,208 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Should have kept them and sell to someone. Haha. Easy $$$$. If they go all the way to SCF like last time, u can make $20k easy

#18 RonnyMB

RonnyMB

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Obviously this is a major long shot on the tickets.... but maybe on the Jersey or something else. Nobody joined the buy on https://darelle.com/#!/ so they don't have anything to look at. We would need a huge number to get there attention..... but it only takes two minutes..... Worth two minutes to me..

#19 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

No you can't and No they should not.

#20 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

You wouldn't take free tickets to see the Canucks play but you still visit their website and forums to talk and read about the team.

Kinda hard to believe.

#21 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,231 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

The Canucks already do offer special discounts occasionally, and they are available to any fan who wants to buy them. I don't understand how this idea is any different, except that it wouldn't work logistically. They can't just guarantee every single person a discounted ticket to any game they want, or else they would run out. Plus even if it were possible to give discounted tickets to every person who applied, why would you give them 2 when their friends are guaranteed to get their own?

#22 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

is this a serious question? lol

owners of NHL teams didn't get to where they are by giving money away to people who are otherwise too cheap to buy their product.

#23 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Drive from Kamloops to Vancover and back gas $200
2 nights stay at the Sandman downtown $250
2 tickets post season game one for my daughter and myself- Vancouver vs LA Kings $514
eating food in cool places in Vancouver for a couple of days $200

there is $1200 bucks right there to see one 3 period hockey game live for my daughter and myself

I don't know how people do it on a regular basis

my point is with discounts and lock outs and what ever else ..it's not gonna change anything

big whoop!! I saved $20 each on my tickets!!
so now I can afford 4 more warm rink beers :rolleyes:

#24 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,225 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

I feel sorry for the guy who waited 8 years on wait list for season tickets, got them, but then the lock out screwed him. LOL

i feel sorry for the winnipeg fans who finally get a team just in time for the next lockout.

#25 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

big whoop!! I saved $20 each on my tickets!!
so now I can afford 4 more warm rink beers :rolleyes:

that would actually only get you 2 beers lol

#26 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

:canucks:

Edited by Snake Doctor, 09 October 2012 - 11:58 AM.

Posted Image

#27 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

i feel sorry for the winnipeg fans who finally get a team just in time for the next lockout.

At least they got one year in before the lockout.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.