The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can we get the Canucks to discount one pair of tickets to each fan?

RonnyMB

I think that many fans are feeling that they are being betrayed by the NHL. How many lockouts can you have in a short period of time without pissing off the fans. I know that once they start playing people will come back......but right now i think more people just don't care that they aren't playing instead of being angry about it. That is something that they should be concerned about. I really think that they have to extend an olive branch to the regular fan. I think that if we can get enough people asking for this then they might listen.....probably not, but maybe. If they could offer one discounted pair of tickets to each fan that applies to any home game it might be a start. This might also give some of those fans who have never been able to afford tickets to experience a live game. I am not talking about a drastic reduction, but just something.... I am starting a buy request on www.Darelle.com to see how many people we can get to sign up to this buy. Just search Canucks and you should find it. Who knows.... it might actually work?

I think that many fans are feeling that they are being betrayed by the NHL. How many lockouts can you have in a short period of time without pissing off the fans. I know that once they start playing people will come back......but right now i think more people just don't care that they aren't playing instead of being angry about it. That is something that they should be concerned about. I really think that they have to extend an olive branch to the regular fan. I think that if we can get enough people asking for this then they might listen.....probably not, but maybe. If they could offer one discounted pair of tickets to each fan that applies to any home game it might be a start. This might also give some of those fans who have never been able to afford tickets to experience a live game. I am not talking about a drastic reduction, but just something.... I am starting a buy request on Darelle.com to see how many people we can get to sign up to this buy. Just search Canucks and you should find it. Who knows.... it might actually work?

If we don't stick it to the man, he's just going to stick it to us... It's a dog eat dog world out there, and if your not fighting your already dead. Friday's phone call between Gary and Donald.. (Donald): YOU'RE AN A** HOLE! (Gary): IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE! Both hang up and say at the same time: That guy's an F-ing idiot. I was there in both rooms, so it's credible :)

Oh and I would be down if they did a buy one get one free deal on everything from tickets to merch. There margins are so high it doesn't really matter anyways. Would be cool if players just started giving away jersey's as a sign of gratitude to the fans. Or if players used some of the ticket buying powers to give away tickets to some people...

All in all I just want hockey back, with interest. In the words of Stewie Griffin "WHERE'S MY MONEY BRIAN! WHERE"S MY MONEY!"

What the hell is wrong with binding arbitration in a situation like this? The NHL and NHLPA have already proved that they are incapable of reaching a deal on their own in a reasonable amount of time. So the answer should be simple. Bring in an arbitrator, meet halfway, sign on the dotted line and drop the goddamn puck!

I can't afford to go to NHL games or buy jerseys at all. I'm personally not attached to either of those things enough to beg for them. I prefer to do things that are constructive to my life whilst living within my means.

That being said, more power to you.

I wouldn't take free tickets at this point. My buddy even cancelled his season tickets he held for 9 years. We just don't feel like putting up with douche bags anymore. If it weren't for the fans there would be no NHL so they can all go eat a bag of D#cks.

If anything they will jack up the price to compensate for the money they lost. Also, remember that most of the high priced tickets are sold to corporations who are not as passionate as most on here, they can just spend their millions taking their clients to other awesome high priced venues, no skin of their back.

I wouldn't take free tickets at this point. My buddy even cancelled his season tickets he held for 9 years. We just don't feel like putting up with douche bags anymore. If it weren't for the fans there would be no NHL so they can all go eat a bag of D#cks.

Archived