Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lui's Knob

Hockey Night in Canada miffing Vancouver again...

94 posts in this topic

Most of you should understand that Vancouver has a very bad reputation. I agree with the ratings issue and the east but if people think that everyone has forgotten what happend in Vancouver in 2010 they would be wrong.

Doesn't matter if we're hated east of B.C. CBC should include all Canadian teams,pretty sure we'll be included as the lockout continues.

Probably the biggest advocate of the replaying of games is Ron McLean, as he so enjoys hearing the sound of his own voice...

Dude it;s the first week of the "you vote" thing i'm sure they will put some canuck games on the list as it goes on

What does the riot have to do with the actual games? Do they think people will riot from watching a replay?

it's the first week. we should wait at least till week 3 to start complaining/being victims

The least they could do is put a few games of Calagay and Edmonton winning the cup.

The issue is Vancouver has not won the cup yet and has a bad reputation with post game riots. If you recall the CBC news station downtown was right in the middle of it last time. CBC does not want to envoke the memories of this bad behavior.

If you want classic Vancouver games on CBC then Vancouver needs to grow up.

The stiffs out east think that the west (and Vancouver in particular) are a bunch of gun-toting yahoos who haven't figured out running water and are too busy embracing hemp products.

Good luck trying to influence their choice of broadcasts.

Whatever...But I know cbc and their media personel hate the Canucks, i'm not gonna lie, there is nothing like the atmosphere HNIC brings on a saturday night.

we have TheStanchion's fake season, the rest of the country is probably super jealous.

It doesn't help that Hughson's homerism completely controls how you feel about a game. He calls the Canucks the way a typical Canucks homer would call it and was completely disinterested in the LA vs NJ series which I tried my hardest to enjoy.

There's always Big Bang Theory Night In Canada on CTV.....

The Canucks are one of the most hated teams in the league and this is nationally broadcasted television... Why would they want to continually show a team that everybody east of British Columbia probably hates?

Doesn't make much sense from a national standpoint.

Hockey Night in Canada and the CBC are a complete waste of money for BC. It doesnt give anything back to this province and has a bias against the Canucks. Defund it and let TSN or Sportsnet cover our games.

Never fear chronic complainers and conspiracy theorists, this is just week one. This will be a weekly thing as long as the lockout continues according to the article. Which is to say there's bound to be some Canuck games in the mix eventually. Just not every week as there's a far larger selection of games from Montreal and Toronto in the CBC archives. Add in the much higher eastern population and the odds are against the western teams. That doesn't mean the the games on the list aren't worth watching. I voted for the Boston/Montreal game. Although the "Mario Returns" game was a close second for me.

The least they could do is put a few games of Calagay and Edmonton winning the cup.

The issue is Vancouver has not won the cup yet and has a bad reputation with post game riots. If you recall the CBC news station downtown was right in the middle of it last time. CBC does not want to envoke the memories of this bad behavior.

If you want classic Vancouver games on CBC then Vancouver needs to grow up.

So the network that gets funded by Canadians and draws advertising from Canadians is going to punish a city for rioting? OK, no problem than dont ask for funding from Vancouver and let other Networks cover their games.

Problem Solved