The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Night in Canada miffing Vancouver again...

Lui's Knob

how do you listen to artists that are against your beliefs

I love how kids now are so politically correct yet listen to music that completely contradicts what they believe in

"I'm so incredible wait

Wit no metal to waist

I flow great

And that'll level ya face

But I'll still let a nigga have it

You talk greasy but u still a fagg-ot"

-wiz

what i ment when i called you gay wasnt that your a homosexual

its more of a generic your a douche comment

douche

One thing that can be certain is that most folks living in BC feel 'slighted' by central Canada. The whinning and carping is endless: the same goes for Alta, Sask and Man.

If you use some common sense, you will understand that the Western population is less than half the population of Eastern Canada. Business/government caters to the larger population.

People from smaller areas in BC ie: Kelowna; Prince George; Victoria, can often be heard whinning and carping about how Vancouver gets 'everything'.

It's nothing personal...it's just the way it works.

Quit yer bellyaching and go outside and enjoy where you live. Be THANKFUL.

The games aired should be based on the quality of the game. Not some misguided patronizing rant against a team that has been the far and away the best NHL team from Canada. Holds the record in the NHL for sold out games.

Grow up Canucks, you just got to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Vancouver needs to grow up. Please. Spare me your Eastern bias.

We are a fine city.

Too expensive? You're damn right.

We made mistakes and so has Toronto by being a city where a group of partygoers gets shot at. That's real mature.

I think your snakes are on to much ether, Doc. Go back to Calagay

If I was in charge of the CBC I'd start getting cozy with the CHL. Start broadcasting games on Friday nights. The rights would be inexpensive. You get good hockey and stars of the future. And it would be truly Canadian. If the CBC loses the NHL they can just have HNIC-CHL (Hockey Night in Canada-CHL)

Knowing our luck we'll get nothing but OHL games.

I hate to break this to you, but the only people Vancouver has a bad reputation with is a select group of insecure Canucks fans who just can't stop whining about how unfair the world is.

I am a Canucks fan, born and raised in Chilliwack, currently living in Calgary. The only place I see this ongoing crap about how hated the Canucks are is pretty much on this board. I swear there are people here who must surf the internet 24 hours a day looking for something to post about how hated the Canucks are ... just so they can justify how everyone picks on them. When a Canadian team does better than the rest of Canadian teams, that team will be disliked by fans of other Canadian teams because they make their team look bad. If you don't believe me, ask anyone how the Oilers were the team to hate during the Gretsky era. Now it's the Canucks. And outside of Ontario, it's ALWAYS been the Leafs just because they are the Leafs.

It's sport rivarly. Get over it.

If I was in charge of the CBC I'd start getting cozy with the CHL. Start broadcasting games on Friday nights. The rights would be inexpensive. You get good hockey and stars of the future. And it would be truly Canadian. If the CBC loses the NHL they can just have HNIC-CHL (Hockey Night in Canada-CHL)

Knowing our luck we'll get nothing but OHL games.

Don't go half-cocked there, There were several Vancouver-residents charged as well. We're pretty much all tarred with the same brush.

Rioter breakdown % by city of residence:

Alleged rioters breakdown by city:

Surrey 44 19.56%

Vancouver 38 16.89%

Burnaby 27 12.00%

Richmond 19 8.44%

North Vancouver 14 6.22%

Delta 11 4.89%

Langley 8 3.56%

Abbotsford 7 3.11%

Maple Ridge 7 3.11%

Coquitlam 6 2.67%

Victoria 5 2.22%

New Westminster 4 1.78%

Port Coquitlam 4 1.78%

Sidney 3 1.33%

Unknown 3 1.33%

Kelowna 3 1.33%

Mission 3 1.33%

Pitt Meadows 2 0.89%

Alberta 2 0.89%

Chilliwack 1 0.44%

Harrison Mills 1 0.44%

Port Moody 1 0.44%

West Vancouver 1 0.44%

Prince George 1 0.44%

Salmon Arm 1 0.44%

Vernon 1 0.44%

Comox 1 0.44%

Courtenay 1 0.44%

Esquimalt 1 0.44%

Tofino 1 0.44%

Whistler 1 0.44%

Windermere 1 0.44%

Blaine 1 0.44%

Seattle 1 0.44%

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Vancouver+police+Stanley+riot+charges+reach+historic+proportions/6770655/story.html#ixzz29G9ejtKJ

Still want to say that Vancouverites weren't involved when they were the 2nd highest number of rioters charged? Sort of blows your statement out of the water, doesn't it? Eh, Merci?

Archived