Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Hockey Night in Canada miffing Vancouver again...

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

The beauty of this is that I get to pull double boycott duty tonight.

Boycott the CBC
Boycott the NHL

For every game cancelled, I pledge not to watch a legally broadcast game when they return. A voice of one is better than no voices whatsoever. Let the NHL know you will boycott their return. Viewer ratings are crucial to how much revenue they can earn from TV rights. You CAN hit both the CBC and the NHL in the pocketbook.

You'll need to do it until the end of the 13/14 season to bother the NHL. That's when their current contract with CBC runs out. Have fun with your boycott though.
Posted Image

#62 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Then people are going to complain when all it is are the Canucks losses.
HNIC Brings joy to me every Saturday.
Posted Image

#63 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

i hope hockey night in canada is losing money

if it takes a lockout to run out another year of that contract then so be it

one good thing about the lockout is no pj stock and ronny boy on my tv

i take that back , pj stock still has his adult diapers commercials

Edited by cIutch, 06 October 2012 - 01:02 PM.

Posted Image

#64 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

They'll probably end up replaying Game 7 of the 2011 SCF....sorry if it's already been said, but it's true.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#65 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

you must be pretty gay then

wiz sucks and so does hnic

He already said that didn't he?

Gay:
Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe.

http://dictionary.reference.com/
Posted Image

#66 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Most of you should understand that Vancouver has a very bad reputation. I agree with the ratings issue and the east but if people think that everyone has forgotten what happend in Vancouver in 2010 they would be wrong.

Vancouver 2010 was one of the best things to happen to our city. ;)
Posted Image

#67 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Most of you should understand that Vancouver has a very bad reputation. I agree with the ratings issue and the east but if people think that everyone has forgotten what happend in Vancouver in 2010 they would be wrong.

And you should understand that patronizing posters are a dime a dozen. And for the record it happened in 2011, there tips.
Posted Image

#68 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

He already said that didn't he?

Gay:
Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe.

http://dictionary.reference.com/

For someone who critisizes Canuck fans for crying and whining, your doing a hell of job bitching yourself. What are you up to now? 8,436 posts. Thats some impressive shap!

#69 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Their "you vote" classic picks in lieu of real hockey games starting next Saturday all feature Toronto, Ottawa and/or Montreal. They even posted NYR vs NJ game?? (Long, slow, clap.)

Things never change with HNIC...

Quit your belly aching... HNIC is going to let you vote on games every week I'm sure a Canucks one will come up. I don't see the point in starting a thread about this...

#70 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

For someone who critisizes Canuck fans for crying and whining, your doing a hell of job bitching yourself. What are you up to now? 8,436 posts. Thats some impressive shap!

Where exactly am I crying and whining? How about quoting some examples.

My 8,000+ posts is nothing for a person that joined the board in July 2003. That's over 9 years ago in case your math challenged. Although I don't really see how my post count matters in the least.
Posted Image

#71 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

The least they could do is put a few games of Calagay and Edmonton winning the cup.

The issue is Vancouver has not won the cup yet and has a bad reputation with post game riots. If you recall the CBC news station downtown was right in the middle of it last time. CBC does not want to envoke the memories of this bad behavior.

If you want classic Vancouver games on CBC then Vancouver needs to grow up.

I have a better idea - defund the Communist Broadcasting Company, let them compete for their revenue instead of being handed a welfare cheque from Ottawa.

#72 Merci

Merci

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

The least they could do is put a few games of Calagay and Edmonton winning the cup.

The issue is Vancouver has not won the cup yet and has a bad reputation with post game riots. If you recall the CBC news station downtown was right in the middle of it last time. CBC does not want to envoke the memories of this bad behavior.

If you want classic Vancouver games on CBC then Vancouver needs to grow up.

Teenagers from Maple Ridge ,Surrey, Delta, Coquitlam, and Burnaby need to grow up*****

Vancouver had nothing to do with the riots.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#73 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

The logic here is impeccable.

Boycott the CBC. Don't vote. Then, when no Canuck games are shown complain lustily. Call for a boycott on CBC. Repeat ad nauseum.

Me, I don't care what they show on HNIC; I'll be watching what is currently the best hockey in the world which is... the KHL.

Have fun all you whiners.

#74 FullMetalOilDrum

FullMetalOilDrum

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Why are people making such a big deal about this? It's not just the Canucks who are victim to this after all. None of the western Canadian teams will have old games either. It has nothing to do with the fans or the team.
Respect my favorite team, and I will respect yours.

#75 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

seriously who gives a crap. whine and whine some more. Correct me if im wrong but this vote is for the 1st upcoming saturday alone right? plenty of time to see a canucks game come another weekend.

#76 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

you must be pretty gay then

wiz sucks and so does hnic

Cool. Your opinion has no value to me. Love when people are so ignorant and stupid that they can't think of a logical response so they just throw out "you're gay." I'm so offended by something that has nothing wrong with it.
Posted Image

#77 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

seriously who gives a crap. whine and whine some more. Correct me if im wrong but this vote is for the 1st upcoming saturday alone right? plenty of time to see a canucks game come another weekend.

You'd be correct. They'll be giving five classic game choices each week as long as the lockout continues.
Posted Image

#78 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

You'd be correct. They'll be giving five classic game choices each week as long as the lockout continues.

Is it just playoffs? Or is it epic regular season games to?
Posted Image

#79 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Canucks have played more game 7s than any other Canadian team combined since 2003. You'd have to go out of your way not to choose one.

That's kind of a dubious record. That suggests we are in the playoffs more often than the other Canadian teams but we either go all the way in a series and lose or we have a hell of a hard time finishing teams off quickly.

#80 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,847 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

The over reaction in this thread is ridiculous. It's only week 1, I'm sure they will show Canucks games.

Sure hope it's a game where the Canucks win because I can already imagine there will be a thread about how CBC hates the Canucks.

#81 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Cool. Your opinion has no value to me. Love when people are so ignorant and stupid that they can't think of a logical response so they just throw out "you're gay." I'm so offended by something that has nothing wrong with it.

how do you listen to artists that are against your beliefs

I love how kids now are so politically correct yet listen to music that completely contradicts what they believe in

"I'm so incredible wait
Wit no metal to waist
I flow great
And that'll level ya face
But I'll still let a nigga have it
You talk greasy but u still a fagg-ot"
-wiz

what i ment when i called you gay wasnt that your a homosexual

its more of a generic your a douche comment

douche

Edited by cIutch, 07 October 2012 - 10:01 PM.

Posted Image

#82 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

how do you listen to artists that are against your beliefs

I love how kids now are so politically correct yet listen to music that completely contradicts what they believe in

"I'm so incredible wait
Wit no metal to waist
I flow great
And that'll level ya face
But I'll still let a nigga have it
You talk greasy but u still a fagg-ot"
-wiz

what i ment when i called you gay wasnt that your a homosexual

its more of a generic your a douche comment

douche

In an interview Wiz Khalifa Said he uses that word because it hits hard in lyrics, he's not homophobic and has many close gay friends that don't have a problem with it.
Posted Image

#83 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

Is it just playoffs? Or is it epic regular season games to?

No. Here's the info from CBC....

The 2012-13 NHL season may be on hiatus, but Hockey Night In Canada won’t be – thanks to some help from its fans.
Starting today, 'Hockey Night In Canada: Your Pick' gives hockey fans the power to choose between five memorable games from any era, including regular-season and playoffs, all-star games, and international match-ups. The week’s most popular choice as decided by Canadians will be unveiled by host Ron MacLean on Hockey Night in Canada the following Saturday night at 8 p.m. local time (8:30 p.m. NT) on CBC.
"For Canadians, Saturday night is always Hockey Night in Canada," said Julie Bristow, CBC’s Executive Director, Studio and Unscripted Programming, English Services. "While we continue to hope for a timely resolution to the lockout, we want to ensure that fans across the country can still watch the game they love.
"Not only does Hockey Night in Canada: Your Pick give fans the chance to choose which games we broadcast, it also provides generations of fans the chance to experience some of the most memorable games ever played, again or for the first time."
Voting is open now at CBCSports.ca/YourPick for the Oct. 13 broadcast and hockey fans across Canada can vote as many times as they want via the Hockey Night In Canada Facebook page.
Once you make your pick, share your vote on Twitter by using the hashtag #HockeyNight.
The next set of five games will be posted on Tuesday, Oct. 9, at which point fans can cast their votes for the Oct. 20 broadcast.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...-your-pick.html

Edited by Baggins, 08 October 2012 - 12:35 AM.

Posted Image

#84 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

I'll take it, it's hockey at least even though its Eastern hockey. Oh well.

#85 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

One thing that can be certain is that most folks living in BC feel 'slighted' by central Canada. The whinning and carping is endless: the same goes for Alta, Sask and Man.

If you use some common sense, you will understand that the Western population is less than half the population of Eastern Canada. Business/government caters to the larger population.

People from smaller areas in BC ie: Kelowna; Prince George; Victoria, can often be heard whinning and carping about how Vancouver gets 'everything'.

It's nothing personal...it's just the way it works.

Quit yer bellyaching and go outside and enjoy where you live. Be THANKFUL.

#86 hero11

hero11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Who cares. Let the babies have their bottles!

#87 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

The games aired should be based on the quality of the game. Not some misguided patronizing rant against a team that has been the far and away the best NHL team from Canada. Holds the record in the NHL for sold out games.

Grow up Canucks, you just got to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Vancouver needs to grow up. Please. Spare me your Eastern bias.

We are a fine city.

Too expensive? You're damn right.

We made mistakes and so has Toronto by being a city where a group of partygoers gets shot at. That's real mature.

I think your snakes are on to much ether, Doc. Go back to Calagay

Wow, I was born in Burnaby and have travelled to almost every NHL city. So your notion that I should travel back to Calagy is unfounded. I am going to say it again because most people here don't travel outside Vancouver. Yes it is a beatiful city and great place to live but the antics of Vancouver fans have tarnished this city's reputation. PERIOD
Posted Image

#88 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

They have Canucks vs Flames game 7 from 1994 on the list for this week, get on there and vote for it!

#89 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

They have Canucks vs Flames game 7 from 1994 on the list for this week, get on there and vote for it!

So much for all the crazy CBC theories....

Week 2 choices:

Jan. 11, 1976: Soviet Red Army vs. Flyers
"They're going home." The infamous game in Philadelphia in which the Soviet Red Army is bullied off the Spectrum ice eight minutes in.

April 30, 1994: Vancouver vs. Calgary
Some people call it the greatest save in history. It's Game 7 when Kirk McLean of the Canucks pulls off the impossible.

April 28, 1996: Detroit vs. Winnipeg
The rink is jam-packed and many have tears in their eyes as the original Jets play their final game in Winnipeg.

April 29, 1997: Edmonton vs. Dallas
Curtis Joseph is outstanding as the Oilers extend Game 7 to overtime before defeating the favoured Stars.

April 18, 1999: Pittsburgh vs. New York
It's the end of an era as Wayne Gretzky, the man who owns the NHL record book, plays the final game of his illustrious career.

I have to admit, the Red Army/Flyers game is awfully tempting. I'd love to see that one again.
Posted Image

#90 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,424 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

If I was in charge of the CBC I'd start getting cozy with the CHL. Start broadcasting games on Friday nights. The rights would be inexpensive. You get good hockey and stars of the future. And it would be truly Canadian. If the CBC loses the NHL they can just have HNIC-CHL (Hockey Night in Canada-CHL)

Knowing our luck we'll get nothing but OHL games.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.